sixteen

Hired Girlfriend
Soojung was so pissed. She was so mad at Jinki for not stopping her from walking away that night, for not saying anything after her confession. She was so mad at Jinki for not even sending her a single text or for not calling her even once for the past few days. Has he always wanted for me to quit? Did he not like me that much? Soojung asked herself.
 
Soojung stepped out of the apartment building still very troubled about Jinki. She walked towards the bus stop and she went under the shade. The stop light was red and as the car lined up, she watched them. Then she easily noticed a very familiar car that stopped right in front of her. It was Jinki's BMW. So she tried to peek through the open window and saw Qian sitting on the front seat. They were chattering. Soojung could see open and how she smiled at him.
 
Where are they going so early in the morning??? Don't they have jobs???
 
"Jinki, if I get late at work, I'd kill you." Qian threatened Jinki.
"Your work starts at 9. We still got an hour and a half. And don't you want to go for a short journey?" Jinki raised his eyebrows.
"And what about you? You've got a job too." Qian put her arms across her chest.
"Don't worry about me. Just worry about yourself." He retorted and she just laughed.
"You can roll up your window now. I know it's a bit chilly." Jinki told her and she followed.
"Go! The light's green!" Qian poked his arm and so he drove off.
 
And that sight just made Soojung even madder. Obviously, she was so jealous. She couldn't believe that Jinki and Qian were really hanging out again. She really was thinking that the two were already together.
 
She couldn't concentrate on her studies nor on her work. She tried to keep herself from thinking of Jinki(and a little bit of Qian) but each of her thoughts would just always lead to Jinki. Everything she was thinking of was as if connected to Jinki. She then put her hand on her chest trying to find the heart pendant. It just became a habit for the past weeks because touching it and playing with it with her fingers somehow calmed her. Then she realized that she threw it at Jinki's face the other night.
 
"Why???" She frustratedly asked herself aloud in the middle of the class that made everyone look at her oddly. She slightly slid down her seat so she wouldn't be that visible to anyone.
 
"Still worrying about Jinki?" Jinri asked as she sat next to her friend in the cafeteria to have lunch. Soojung just sighed and lazily put a spoonful of rice in .
"You're hopeless, Soojung." Jinri readied herself to eat.
"Hey, Choi Jinri, you've been having dinner with Jonghyun in their flat, right? Do you see Jinki?" Soojung had not even finished chewing on her food but she still managed to speak that some grain of rice even came out of . Jinri could just chuckle.
"Yeah. And... well... he never mentions you. He seems fine." Jinri frankly answered. She came to think of it, she never bothered asking Jinki what had happened with him and Soojung but Jinki also never bothered to talk about it.
 
"You should just go to him and talk. You know where he lives, you know where he works and you know where he hangs out. Easy." Jinri said before she started eating. She was hungry.
"Yeah, easy. Easy for you to say." Soojung sighed once again and leaned her jaw on her palm before she played with her food.
 
"Soojung has not gotten over the break up yet?" Amber strolled toward them while Kibum was just behind her with his hands on her shoulders and skipping like a little girl.
"She's worse than Kibum when we once broke up a year ago."  She added and sat next to Soojung.
"Not my fault I love you so much that losing you was just so depressing! But yeah, she is worse than me." Kibum couldn't agree more.
"Well, that only means that Soojung's sooooo in love with Jinki that it's affecting her so much."
"Leave me alone, you weird and crazy couple." Soojung didn't even look at the two and just stared at her messed up plate.
"She actually told him how she felt but he did not make any response and that's bothering her. A LOT." Jinri explained for her depressed best friend.
"Oooooohhh. Is that a second rejection?" Kibum was teasing Soojung.
"He just didn't say anything. That doesn't mean he rejected me!" Soojung's tone of voice was raising because she was really getting irritated.
 
"Let's leave her alone, babe. So Jinri... how are things with Jjong?" Amber faced Jinri as she leaned her elbows on the tanle, intertwined her fingers and placed her head over them.
"Everything's fine. We're still trying to get to know each other." Jinri said and timidly smiled.
"Get to know each other? You've known each other for three years." Kibum contradicted her so Amber hit the back of his head to silent him.
"Ouch! Babe!" But of course, that wouldn't keep Kibum from talking so Amber hit him again.
"I'm so happy for you, Jinri. Baby, tell her you're happy for her too." Amber tugged Kibum arm.
"I'm happy for you too, Jinri." Kibum said and faked a smile before he rolled his eyes.
 
"Why are you so nice to Jinri but you're so mean to me?" Soojung pouted and let go of her chopsticks. She didn't want to eat anymore.
"Because Jinri has been honest from the start while you have not. You just waited till it was too late." Amber responded.
"I agree with Amber." Kibum nodded.
"You always agree with Amber." Soojung said and snorted a little.
"Because she's always right so you should listen to her."
 
Soojung thought of it. She thought that she should just really talk to Jinki to get things over with. She didn't even care if he felt the same or not. She just wanted to know what he'd say or what his opinion about it was.
 
...
 
When Jinki got home from work, he saw Jinri at the door. He oddly looked at her. He was sure that Jinri could just get in their apartment since she knew the code already. She had become like Soojung. She was always there since she started dating Jonghyun.
 
"Jjong's almost here. Wait for a minute, okay?" Jinki opened the door and took off his shoes while Jinri followed her in.
"And Taemin? Did you see him in the campus? Is he dating someone?" Jinki asked her since Taemin wouldn't say anything to them. He looked at her after he took out the carton of orange juice from the fridge but Jinri wasn't talking. Instead she was just raising an eyebrow and was pursing her lips.
"Why are you looking at me like that?"
"About Soojung..." Jinri started.
"What about her?" Jinki just poured in the juice in a glass and slid it across the table to Jinri.
"You like her, right?"
"Yeah, I do. I like her." Jinki easily responded.
"Oh good. That's good." Jinri didn't know what to say to him anymore. She didn't think of a follow-up question.
 
"Jinri, I can leave you alone here, right?" Jinki asked and walked into the bedroom.
"Why? Are you... are you going somewhere?" Jinri followed him again but she stopped at the door when she realized he was changing his shirt.
"Uh, yeah. I'm meeting Qian in the cinemas." Jinki was leaning backward just to peek at the door to see Jinri but she was facing the door with her back.
"Qian?"
"Yes, Qian. Song Qian." Jinki got out of the room and into the doorway to put on his shoes again.
"Oh, okay. Take care."
 
Jinri grabbed her phone as soon as Jinki left the room and called her best friend. She knew Soojung was probably at work but she just needed to try. But she wouldn't answer. She sighed and gave up after the third call and just texted her telling her how Jinki and Qian were gonna watch a mo ir together.
 
Jonghyun arrived at six with Taemin who he just bumped into in front of the apartment building.
 
"Jinri, really? You're here everyday." Taemin was the one complaining. He sat on the sofa while Jinri stood from it.
"She didn't come for you, Taem. I'm inviting her to my gig." Taemin was really getting into Jonghyun's nerves. All he ever did was mock and for the past few days.
"Oh, goodie! Can I come?" Taemin jumped off his seat.
"Should I let him come, Jinri?" Jonghyun asked for her opinion and she just nodded with a smile.
"And Jinki? Is he coming?" Taemin asked as he grabbed his leather jacket from the peg.
"He said he'd try but he's not sure since he's gonna accompany Qian to the convenience store after they watch a film." Jonghyun sighed. He really wanted the older man to come. He had not heard Jonghyun sing his new songs live for a while.
 
"Qian and Jinki... do you know if they're...?" Jinri was hesitant to ask.
"They're just friends." Taemin answered knowing exactly what Jinri was trying to ask.
"Well, that's what Jinki said." Jonghyun was tryin to make an issue about it.
 
So Jinri texted Soojung and told her Jinki and Qian's doings and their expected location hoping that she would read it immediately.
 
...
 
"Ah, I hate being the third wheel." Jinki heaved a sigh.
"Don't worry. It'll be Qian who'd feel like the third wheel." Minho stated as he waited for the cashier to give him their popcorns and drinks.
"Thanks for choosing an action film." Qian rolled her eyes and punched her boyfriend's left arm.
"That hurt, Qian." Minho pouted ever so cutely so Qian rubbed his arm for him.
"Oh gosh, you're already starting." Jinki uttered and the couple laughed.
 
They entered the cinema and watched the film happily. Jinki still felt a little left out since the two weren't really watching the film, but just flirting beside him. He just focused on the screen and avoided looking at Qian and Minho. After two long uncomfortable hours, the movie finally ended and they rode Jinki's car to the convenience store. Jinki kept complaining how it seemed like he was their driver. Neither of then even sat in front beside him.
 
"So when are you going to tell Soojung?" Minho asked impatiently as they walked along the aisle of chips and junks.
"In two years time." Jinki joked so Minho pushed him a little.
"No, really. She's a bit cranky, you know."
"I know that. I'll tell her in a couple of days. I want some doritos. Grab some." He ordered Minho and the younger man followed him.
"I still don't get it why you have to do all this fuss when you like her." Qian stated as she picked some chips for herself.
"But still, you played along." Jinki smirked but Qian just rolled her eyes.
"And me liking Soojung is already an obvious thing. I just want her to get jealous a little and to miss me, of course." Jinki added.
"That's just stupid, Jinki." Minho commented.
"But YOU played a long too, Mino."
"What if she starts hating us?" Qian worriedly asked.
"I'm sorry to say, Qian, but she already hates you from the day she noticed that you were acting like you liked me." Jinki said and Minho snorted so Qian pushed him hard against the shelf.
"I'm quite surprised that Soojung has not talked to you and cleared things out yet."
"She's convinced that I like Qian again. She doesn't know it was just part of my lovely plan." Jinki just laughed evilly. He was just contented with what he was doing so far.
 
"W-what?!" Soojung cried from the end of the aisle and so the three of them looked at her wide eyed. She read Jinri's texts right after work and so she went where she thought they would be. She thought that she should confront not only Jinki, but also Qian so she immediately took that chance though she didn't expect she'd hear their awful conversation about her.
"I hate you, Lee Jinki!!!" Soojung shouted before she ran off.
 
"Jinki, I think you should follow her." Minho elbowed him a little when he saw Jinki froze like a still iceberg.
"Uh... she can wait until tomorrow." Jinki faked a smile although he was really scared of what was going to happen.
 
[flashback]
The day after Jinki told Qian and Minho about the whole fake relationship with Soojung, the three of them met up at the ramyeon stall and talked about a good trick to pull on Soojung that they had already started planning even the night before. Jinki found out that Soojung really liked him thanks to Minho who eavesdropped on Soojung and Jinri's chat in the school cafe and had spent his vacant periods with the same girls the day before. All that Soojung ever talked about was Jinki even if Minho was around. "She had no shame." Minho said and added that she wouldn't stop talking about Jinki's lips and kiss that it was making him puke, he could taste the bitter taste of vomit coming out from his esophagus. Qian hit the back of his head for telling all those details while they were eating.
 
So Minho and Qian were officially back together but they didn't tell anyone since it was part of their plan. Their plan to make little Soojung jealous. Basically, Jinki and Qian would just act like they were okay again adding some flirty giggles from Qian and sweet gestures from Jinki. No feelings attached. Minho would just pretend like he didn't care anymore.
 
It wasn't supposed to end that way. Jinki wanted somethig else to happen but since she already knew, his plans had officially failed.
 

 
First of all
Happy birthday to our adorable leader Lee Jinki Onew
 
Ah, so the last chapter is coming. ah. sad sad sad. But happy happy happy because it's Onew's birthday. hehehe
 
^^
 
xdorkyx
x