ten

Hired Girlfriend
Weeks passed by so quickly. Jinki and Soojung didn't even pretend to be together for a while since Qian and Minho weren't visible. They still hung out during lunch or during the weekends when they were free. Sometimes, Soojung would go to the Blue Sapphire Architects just to have lunch with him and be his company whenever he felt alone. Most of the time, they just hung out at Jinki's flat. Rare did they go out and stroll. Sometimes Jonghyun and Jinri would tag along. They weren't there to spy anymore. They personally thought that Jinki and Soojung were great fun to hang out with. And they gave up on trying to know what was going on between the two because they knew exactly where they were leading.

On the last day of summer vacation(or at least for Soojung), the two were together in Jinki's flat. It was a Sunday so they just chilled and watched some music show on TV while they ate some junks and drank soda.

"You excited for tomorrow?" Jinki asked as he put a handful of chips in his mouth.
"No. I don't want to go back to school." Soojung shook her head her eyes just stuck on the TV.
"You need to go back to school so you can get a decent job."
"I don't need to. Siwon has already promised me to be his heiress since you wouldn't do it." Soojung answered and Jinki just had a half smile.
"Aaah, such a nice day to relax." Jinki stretched his arms upward before he laid his head on Soojung's lap and that surprised Soojung.
"What are you doing? Get up." Soojung looked down but Jinki just shook his head and smiled.
"I'm comfortable in this position." Jinki straightened his feet on the arm of the couch and closed his eyes.
 
Soojung sighed. She was planning to push him off the sofa but then when she was about to do it, her eyes just stopped and stared at his calm face, and that ceased her from doing it. He was smiling but still his eyes were closed and he just seemed like he was really relaxed like a kid who had just finished playing and was ready to sleep. She smiled thinking that he truly looked cute. Jinki suddenly opened an eye to peek on Soojung and he saw her staring so he opened the other eye and smirked.

"Why are you staring at me?" He asked.
"I am not." Soojung looked away.
"Not anymore, but a second ago, you were." Jinki still had a crooked smile.
"Okay. I'll just admit it. You look cute with your eyes closed." Soojung looked at him straight in the eyes just to make him think that she wasn't ashamed or anything.
"Only when my eyes are closed?" Jinki inquired raising his eyebrows.
"Maybe when you're smiling too. But when you got a straight face... you look funny." Soojung giggled. She thought what she said was funny but for Jinki, they were all compliments.
"You too." Jinki babbled.
"Hmm?"
"You're pretty when you smile and laugh but you look ugly when you're mad." Jinki admitted.
"Ugly???" Soojung frowned but Jinki just laughed.

Jinki grabbed the back of Soojung's neck and pulled it down a little to make their faces just a couple of inches away from each other. Soojung was paralyzed. She couldn't move. She could only feel her heart beat faster and faster.

"Do you find me cute from this distance?" Jinki asked but Soojung couldn't answer. She just kept blinking her eyes. Her cheeks were burning up and she could feel it.

Taemin just entered the flat and saw the two in their sweet position. He watched them stare at each other for five good seconds before he stomped his feet really hard to get their attention.

"Were you about to kiss? I'm sorry for interrupting." Taemin sarcastically said.
"What? No!" They both denied. Soojung sat up straight while Jinki just looked at Taemin without even lifting his head."We're just practicing to be a couple." Jinki said as an excuse.
"Have you ever thought of... I don't know... dating for real?" Taemin asked as he walked across the room. Jinki and Soojung just shyly looked at each other.
"I think you should... because, honestly, you two look good together." Taemin added before he went into the kitchen. The two were still looking intensely at each other when Jinki finally snapped out of it and sat up.
"But we're fine like this, right, Soojung?" Jinki asked glancing at Soojung.
"Huh? Yeah, yeah." Soojung just nodded.
"Okay, whatever. Soojung, let's go to university together tomorrow." Taemin suggested.
"Sure, that would be lovely."
"Want me to accompany you?" Jinki asked the two. They knew he was talking about his car as their means of transport and they didn't even hesitate to say "yes". Of course, it was much more comfortable than any public means.

"Okay, I'll just be in the bedroom. Please, continue whatever you were doing a minute ago." Taemin said bringing a long a bag of chips and a soda with him.
"Sure!" Jinki lied down again and placed his head on Soojung's lap.
"What the?"
"I'm gonna sleep. Lower the volume, will you?" Jinki grabbed Soojung's left hand and put it over his eyes.

Soojung just shook her head and grinned. She knew she couldn't stop him because he was just being playful and a little stubborn so she just let him do whatever he wanted. Jinki then peeked through her fingers and saw her smiling.

"Ah, really. Even if my eyes are covered, you still think I'm cute." Jinki teased.
"Should I cover your mouth as well?" Soojung was already glaring at him."I'm gonna sleep for real now."

...

Jonghyun was riding the bus on his way home when he saw Jinri with Qian and Minho inside the bus. Of course, he couldn't just ignore them so he greeted them.

"You on your way home?" Minho asked.
"Yup."
"Jonghyun, can I come with you? I've had too much of this couple." She was only kidding.
"Hey, Choi Jinri! We let you tag along even if we didn't want to!" Qian was acting mad but, of course, she wasn't.
"Please, Jjong. And Soojung is there right now." Jinri pleaded. But when what she said caught Qian's attention.
"Can we come, too?" She asked. Minho strangely looked at hi girlfriend. They had other plans but Qian seemed to have changed her mind.
"Uh, yeah, I guess, you can all come." Jonghyun thought that it would be rude if he said "no".

"I don't know if they're still here," Jonghyun said as he opened the door of their flat.
 
Once they all entered, they just froze at the door when they saw the two. The TV was on but it was mute. Jinki was sound asleep with his head still on Soojung's lap. Soojung was asleep too and her hand was still over Jinki's eyes with Jinki's hand over hers.
 
"So that's why she wasn't texting me back." Jinri whispered and Jonghyun hushed her. He just lead them to the kitchen and prepared something for the visitors.

"How long have they been together?" Qian asked as she sat at the table. She said to herself that she would stop doubting their relationship but she couldn't help it. She couldn't help but get curious and ask questions.
"A month, maybe." Jonghyun answered as he poured some juice in their glasses.
"They're always here?"
"During the weekends, yes. Soojung practically lives here during the day." Jonghyun wasn't lying and Jinri just couldn't agree more because she was always dragged there by her best friend.

"Hey, everyone." Taemin whispered when he just got out of their bedroom.
"Oh, Taem, you're already here." Jonghyun didn't know that the younger boy would be home early.
"Did you see Jinki and Soojung? They have been sleeping for an hour now." Taemin stated as he grabbed a glass for himself.
"I've been peeking out the door because, you know, we can never trust two people in love alone in a room." He wasn't saying that because Minho and Qian were there, but because he personally thought that was the truth.
"Ah, so should we be grateful that you were here?" Jinri mocked.
"Yes, you should be. Choi Jinri, why are you here again? Are things going well between you and Jjong?" Taemin had a crooked smile but both Jonghyun and Jinri just glared at him.
"Are they...?" Minho looked curiously at Taemin.
"No!!!" Jonghyun and Jinri shouted.
"Ssshhh!!! You're gonna wake Jinki and Soojung." Taemin hushed them."But they are," Taemin immediately whispered to Minho but Jonghyun heard him so he hit the back of his head.

Soojung woke up from Jonghyun's and Jinri's voice. She looked at her phone and looked at the time ignoring every single text that Jinri sent her. She poked Jinki's head to wake him up.

"Lee Jinki, get up. I want to stand up." She continued poking the side of his head until he cringed.
"Let me sleep a little more." He mumbled.
"Let me stand up first." Soojung poked him once again so he sat up and looked at her evilly. After a couple of seconds, he smirked. Soojung got a little scared because she knew he was planning to do something evil.
"Wha-ahahaha!" Soojung was then being tickled by Jinki.
"Sto-ahahaha!" Soojung tried to push his hands away but Jinki was just too strong.
"This is what you get when you interrupt my sleep!" He said before he laughed like a mad witch.
"Please, stop!" Soojung was trying so hard not to laugh so loudly.

The others all turned their heads when they heard Soojung's loud laughter.

"What's happening?" Qian asked worriedly.
"Obviously, they're awake. Soojung cut off Jinki's sleep and now he's tickling her." Taemin answered knowing without even seeing what was really happening.
"How did you know?" Jinri asked tilting her head a little to the side.
"Jinki does that." Jonghyun simply answered(based on personal experience) before he stood up and walked out of the kitchen with everyone else following him.

Soojung was still pushing Jinki's hands away but her laughter couldn't get any louder while Jinki continued his tickling even though it seemed like he was still half asleep. Then he stopped when he finally noticed everyone standing in front of them and staring. Soojung through a pillow cushion at him that made Jinri and Taemin laugh. She then realized there were people.

"When did you all arrive?" Jinki asked facing all of them.
"Fifteen minutes ago." Jonghyun responded.
"Did they feed you?" Jinki asked Minho and Qian.
"Jinki, I gave them some orange juice." Jonghyun was a little bit defensive.
"Not enough. Come on, Soojung. Help me prepare something for our visitors." Jinki stood up and Soojung followed.

Jinki grabbed some fruits and started peeling them and Soojung joined.

"It's nice to have a woman in the house." Taemin sat at the table again waiting for the food.
"Jinki, why didn't you just let her live with us? Life is obviously easier with Soojung around." Taemin added. Minho and Qian looked at him oddly. They didn't know about that. Well, about a lot of things.
"And what? You'd order her around? I wouldn't let you." Jinki said as he started chopping the fruits.
"Only I can order you around." Jinki whispered to Soojung but she just shook her head.
"Wait, Soojung, you were planning to live here?" Qian couldn't help it anymore. She just had to ask.
"Yeah, kinda. But that was before we happened so no worries." Soojung was pointing at Jinki with her tiny but sharp knife.
"Be careful, missy."
 
"Tell me more stories about you two. I'm pretty sure you have tons of romantic stories." Qian put her elbows on the table and leaned forward. Jinki and Soojung looked at each other. They didn't know what to say or where to start.
"Well, they are very sweet all the time even when we're around. They've got no shame." Jonghyun answered for them so they would stop panicking because obviously they were, at least to him.
"One time, I had dinner with them then they totally forgot I was there and left me alone. I had to pay for everything." Jinri helped Jonghyun with her own stories that really happened.
"We came back for you." Soojung said full of guilt.
"Yeah, sure. I called Jonghyun an hour later and he said you were already home." And Jinri just made the two feel really awful. Qian was just listening.
 
"But you didn't see what I saw earlier." Taemin cut in. They all looked at him. Jinki and Soojung put the tray on the table but they were also looking at Taemin because they were worried of what he was going to say.
"I saw their faces so close to each other. I'm guessing they were about to kiss, lips to lips!" Taemin finished.
"What?! We weren't!!!" Jinki and Soojung shouted in unison.
"Eh. No need to deny it. It's okay for couples to kiss. Right, Minho? Qian?" Jonghyun was finally enjoying the mockery.
"Yes, of course. Well, have you kissed yet?" Qian continued on with her questions. Jinki and Soojung looked at each other again.
"I'm sure they have." Taemin responded.
"How are you so sure, Taemin?" Jonghyun questioned him.
"Well, they were about to kiss earlier so maybe it wasn't the first time!"
"Will you please stop talking about me and Soojung? Privacy please." Jinki just wanted to have a peace in mind. And he was pretty sure Soojung as well.

Qian didn't stop asking questions though. Minho, on the other hand, was just silent. He didn't want to be there in the first place. Then his girlfriend wouldn't stop her interrogation.

...

Qian and Minho walked home. They were quiet. Minho thought that Qian was being weird again. She did stop asking about Jinki and Soojung for a couple of weeks or so but then that day she was acting all odd and curious about them again. He couldn't understand why. He kinda had something in mind as her possible reason but he sure hoped he wasn't right about it.

"Qian, tell me the truth," Minho started. Qian raised her eyebrows. She didn't know what Minho was talking about.
"Truth about what?"
"Jinki." Minho easily answered and stopped walking.
"Huh?"
"Jinki and Soojung. I mean, why are you always curious about them? Why are you even doubting them?" Minho finally had the courage to ask.
"Was it wrong to ask questions?"
"No, but don't you think you went over board?" Minho was speaking up what had been on his mind the whole time.
"Jinki already asked everyone to stop but you continued." He added.
"I was just really curious."
"I don't think that's just it."
"What do you mean?" Qian creased her forehead. She didn't  ;like where their conversation was going.
"It's not just your curiosity. It's Jinki."
"It's not, Minho. Are you jealous? There's nothing to be jealous about. Jinki's my friend and I just really wanted to know how everything was after the rejection. I still feel guilty about it, you know." Qian explained but Minho didn't know whether to believer her or not.
"Don't you still feel guilty?" Qian asked.
"Honestly? No, I don't. Because I can see she's happy with him. I know what I did was really horrible but at least it lead her to something good. To someone good. So you shouldn't feel that you're at fault because you only told the truth." Minho was as if lecturing Qian because he knew that was the best thing he could do.
"I get it, Minho. Just don't worry, okay? It's really just the guilt. I'll accompany you to university tomorrow. You'd like that, right?" Qian changed their topic as she grabbed Minho's hand and started walking again.
"Of course, I definitely would."
 

 

hey hey hey another update. Oh yeah. Jjong x Sulli. Because it's the same as OnStal. I feel like it's quite an underrated pairing even if they're real. love love love hahah
comments please thank you

xdorkyx

x