eleven

Hired Girlfriend
Jinki put on a navy blue polo shirt and a straight cut jeans. He grabbed his bag and went out of the room. The two boys were already waiting for him at the door. He put on his shoes and they all went out together. Both Jonghyun and Taemin sat at the back seat because both knew that Jinki would want Soojung to sit in front next to him.
 
"Good morning!" Soojung and Sunyoung greeted.
 
Soojung got on the front seat while Sunyoung sat next to Taemin. The original plan was only Taemin and Soojung but since Jinki was giving a ride, he decided to let the other two to join as well. Jonghyun was dropped off first in their tiny recording studio since he was going to make some more music with his band. Then the other three in front of the university.
 
"Kiss your boyfriend goodbye." Sunyoung teased and Taemin laughed.
"Ha-ha. Funny.... Bye, Jinki. Thanks for the lift." Soojung thanked Jinki before she got off and shut the door.
"Want me to pick you up later?" Jinki raised his eyebrows but Soojung shook her head.
"No. Classes will be over at 12 anyway."
"I'll see you later then." Jinki smiled.
 
Qian easily saw Jinki and his car when she got out of the campus after she accompanied Minho there. So when Jinki was about to restart the car, Qian suddenly appeared by the window. He rolled the window down and greeted the smiling Qian.
 
"Hi, Jinki. Did you drop off your girlfriend here?"
"Yeah, and you? Isn't it supposed to be Minho who accompanies you to work and not vice versa?" Jinki asked and Qian chuckled.
"Work hours start in an hour." Qian replied.
"Oh, do you need a ride? I can take you there." Jinki offered.
"You wouldn't mind?"
"Of course not. Hop in." Jinki invited her and so she opened the car door and sat down.
 
"You have a job now, right? I just realized that I never bothered to ask." Qian started a conversation.
"Yup." Jinki answered not taking his eyes off the road.
"Where are you working?"
"At Blue Sapphire Architects."
"Isn't that your dream workplace?" Qian knew about it since Jinki wouldn't stop talking about it on their final year.
"Dream come true, I must say," Jinki smiled.
"Thanks to Soojung." He added instantly.
"Huh?"
"Didn't Minho tell you about it? I told him about it that same day in the coffee shop where Soojung works. He was there." Jinki glanced a little at Qian who was looking at him weirdly. She obviously didn't know anything.
"No, he did not. He didn't even tell me he met you and Soojung."
"Oops. I guess, I wasn't supposed to say that. Sorry." Jinki apologised.
"No, it's nothing. So is it fun there? At the Blue Sapphire Architects, I mean." Qian would deal with Minho later that day.
"Yeah, totally! I'm still like an apprentice but that's what I'm there for, to learn. And they'd hire me officially one day"
"Of course, they will. I told you, you're a great architect!"
"You have always believed in me." Jinki smiled. It was one of the reasons why he liked her. Because she would always encourage him. Of course, Jonghyun and Taemin did that too but it was different coming from Qian. She just always knew when he was sad and when he was having a bad day.
 
"Thanks, Jinki. See you around." Qian waved at him and he waved back.
"Take care,"
 
Jinki went to work and started working on the project assigned to him. He still worked at the front desk since that was his initial task.
 
"Jinki, don't tell Jungsoo I told you this but," Heechul went near him and started whispering.
"But I think you're gonna be an official architect soon. I don't know when but soon." Heechul grinned.
"Really?" Jinki widened his eyes.
"Really," Heechul nodded.
 
"Heechul, Jinki. Come upstairs. Mini staff meeting." Jungsoo called them both and they easily followed.
 
"You're almost done with the last design, right?" Jungsoo looked at Jinki.
"Yes, sir. I'm just doing some adjustments and I'm planning to pass it later today."
 
"Jinki, how long have you been working here?" Jungsoo asked.
"Almost a month." Jinki replied. Heechul was just listening to their conversation.
"That short?"
"Yes, sir."
"Well, would you like to work on a project on your own? I mean, not assisting Heechul." Jungsoo asked. Jinki was speechless.
"You'll be fully paid this time and you'll probably get better pay in your future projects." Jungsoo added but Jinki was still not talking.
"He wants to tell you you're officially part of the Blue Sapphire Architects." Heechul whispered before he chuckled.
"Exactly, Jinki. What he said." Jungsoo agreed and nodded.
"For real?! You're not joking?!" Jinki was finally able to speak.
"I don't joke around, Jinki. Maybe, Heechul does, always, but I don't. Maybe, I do too but not all the time. Right now I'm serious." Jungsoo said. Jinki just exploded and jumped up and down before he hugged the two men.
"Enough with the hugging, Jinki. Finish off the last design so I can give you your new solo project. You can move your things in your new little office across the hall on your lunch break. Right now the caretaker is cleaning it so bear with us." Jungsoo patted Jinki's back.
"Now!"
"Yes, sir!" Jinki bowed and rushed back down.
 
"You made the right decision." Heechul gave him two thumbs up.
"You were the one who doubted him."
"Me? Who didn't look at his resumé in the first place?"
"We don't normally look at the resumés. Didn't you suggest that?" Jungsoo continued on arguing about the choice they made few years ago.
"So should we start looking at some application forms?" Heechul was following Jungsoo around.
"No. Well, not soon."
 
Soojung bought chicken and rice-rolls as soon as she finished her classes that midday. She planned to go to Jinki's worklpace and surprised him with the food she just bought. She wanted to have lunch with him before she goes to work.
 
"Hey, Soojung. What brings you here?" Heechul saw Soojung coming in the glass door. She was there often for the past month as if she also was working there. She even grew closer to both Jungsoo and Heechul. Jinki was really adored by the two men but Soojung was even more adored.
"Hello, Heechul. Has Jinki already gone out to have lunch?" She asked as she walked toward him.
"No, he hasn't even had lunch yet. He's organizing his new office." Heechul smirked.
"New office?" Soojung furrowed her eyebrows.
"Soojung, you're here. Come upstairs and help your boyfriend settle in his new office." Jungsoo was just going down the stairs.
"Wait, so is he...?" She looked at the both of them curiously. She received no answer and she knew exactly what that meant so she ran upstairs handing a paper bag to Jungsoo on her way up.
"Heechul, she brought us lunch."
 
Soojung searched for the said office and found it easily since there were only 4 rooms upstairs and she could hear a lot of movements in one room. She then saw him rake through a small box.
 
"Lee Jinki! Congratulations!" Soojung shouted and she ran into the room.
"Soojung!" Jinki easily stopped what he was doing to face Soojung. And the moment he did, he just embraced her and raised her up from the ground again.
"I really thought they'd never hire me and that they'd let me go but now I'm here. They gave me my own office!" He said not putting Soojung down.
"Of course, they'd hire you officially. If they didn't, they would be dead to me. But this is really great!" Soojung stated as Jinki finally put her down.
"Wait, did you blackmail them?" Jinki suspected.
"No, idiot! You deserve to be here. They should feel honored to have you here!"
"This is all because of you, Soojung. You're my lucky charm." Jinki patted her head and smiled his eyes narrowing.
 
"Wait, why are you here?"
"I brought you lunch." Soojung lifted her hand with the paper bag.
"Yay, now we have our privacy." Soojung put the paper bag on the table and started taking out the food.
"You really want me all to yourself, huh?"
"Stop your mockery and let's just eat."
 
...
 
When Qian went out of the building, Minho was already waiting for her. But he didn't look so contented and that worried Qian a little but she just walked toward him and smiled like she didn't notice the look on his face.
 
"Hey. Let's have din—" Qian was wrapping her arm around his but he immediately pulled away.
"I saw you getting in Jinki's car earlier." Minho uttered as he glanced at his girlfriend.
"Oh. He just offered to give me a ride to work, that's all." Qian explained.
"But you were the one who went near him. You planned it, didn't you?" Minho was obviously upset.
"What? You're still suspecting something huh? What about you? You didn't tell me you went to Soojung's workplace once." Qian didn't want to feel like she was the bad one.
"I didn't tell you about it because it was nothing. I just passed by the coffee shop." Minho answered.
"And about Jinki. I can feel it, Qian. I can sense that there's something more. So if you want to stop yourself on making a huge mistake, stay away from Jinki." Minho was just really advising her the best thing to do.
"Minho, you're my boyfriend, but that doesn't mean you can control me. I can be friends with anyone I want. And it's not like Jinki's a bad guy." Qian was getting mad because of Minho's assumptions.
"I'm not controlling you. I just know that that's the best solution to keep yourself from falling for him when you're already with me." Minho finally said it.
 
"If you're gonna continue with this crap, then maybe it's better if we just break up." Qian stated that surprised Minho. He didn't expect Qian to get to that conclusion. Just because of their little fight about Jinki.
"Okay, fine. If you're gonna act all stubborn and stupid like this, then I guess we should." Minho just agreed because he knew he was the right one and not Qian. She needed to learn her lessons so maybe breaking up was the best settlement for them.
 
Minho walked away. There was no reason for him to stay there anymore. Qian was the one to initiate it so he believed it wasn't his fault from the first place.
 
Qian was really furious. She didn't think that they'd get there, that they'd get to an early break up. She thought that they were doing so well.
 
...
 
Amber and Kibum were preparing dinner together and just playing around the kitchen when the doorbell rang.
 
"Will you get the door, please?" Amber batted her eyes. She was already sitting at the table and she was too lazy to leave the kitchen.
"Anything for my baby." Kibum washed his hands and followed Amber's request.
 
"Qian?" Kibum tilted his head.
"Can I come in?" Qian asked and Kibum made way for her.
"Amber! Qian's here." Kibum shouted as they walked together toward the kitchen.
 
"Hey, Qian. What are you doing here?" Amber stood when the two walked into the room.
"Minho and I... We broke up." Qian just went straight to the point. Kibum and Amber looked at each other wide eyed and jaw hanging.
"B-but... why?!" The couple asked in unison.
"Because he's stupid." Qian had an annoyed tone.
"Sit down, Qian. I'll grab you some water." Kibum pushed her down to the free seat and grabbed a glass and poured in some water.
"So what really happened? What did he do?" Amber inquired as she pulled Qian's hands. Kibum put the glass on the table before he stood behind Amber.
"He kept insisting that I like Jinki," Qian answered and the two just looked at each other again.
"But I don't. I swear!" Qian said with a high-pitched voice.
"But he wouldn't believe me so I broke up with him and he didn't even hesitate to do the same." Qian sighed and drank some water. Kibum and Amber were just speechless. They didn't know what to tell her.
 
"T-that's awful." Amber finally muttered.
"He's awful." Qian was obviously mad.
"I'm gonna talk to him, okay? I'm sure it's just a small misunderstanding." Kibum said since Minho was a really good friend.
"Do whatever you want, Kibum. I'm not gonna expect anything."
 
"I'm sorry, guys, if I just crashed in here." Qian applogized. She wasn't thinking right earlier. She just wanted to talk to someone and burst out her anger.
"No, it's okay, Qian. We're here for you." Amber patted the back of her hands.
"Have dinner with us." Kibum grabbed another plate and another pair of chopsticks.
 
They were quiet. All the three of them. Kibum and Amber were lost of words. What were they to tell her? They were surprised when she and Minho got together. They didn't even say anything to them so they were basically clueless of their feelings for each other so what were Kibum and Amber supposed to say when they didn't know anything.
 
Qian left right after dinner. Amber and Kibum instantly ran to their bedroom and sat on their bed.
 
"So what do you think?" Amber was the first one to talk.
"I don't know what to think." Kibum shook his head.
"Do you think she's telling the truth?" Amber was a bit suspicious.
"Maybe. Maybe not. I mean, I know Minho, you know Minho. He wouldn't just make a decision like that if he didn't know what he was thinking. Maybe, Qian..." Kibum didn't want to say it. He was scared. He wasn't judging but he just thought that Minho's reason was true.
"Maybe Qian is really starting to like Jinki?" Amber was thinking the same apparently.
"She has been acting weird lately. She became so interested in Jinki and Soojung's relationship." Amber thought of it.
"Amber, I don't want to get involved again. We're already involved in the Jinki-Soojung fake relationship. We're lying for and with them. I don't know what to do with Minho and Qian." Kibum pouted before he lied down.
"I understand, babe." Amber lied down as well and lied her head on his chest.
 

 

Yes, another update! weewooo!!!

Everyone, I wrote a Taemin x Amber fanfic >>> Noona, You're so Pretty <<<

Read it if you want or if you have time and leave a comment if you can and tell me what you thought about it.

I'm also writing a new Taemin x Amber fanfic but I wouldn't be posting it till late December or after I finish this fanfic which is soon.

Thank you

xdorkyx

x