fourteen

Hired Girlfriend
Soojung didn't have any sleep the night before but she didn't want anyone to know that so she just covered her face with thick foundation and make up so her tiredness wouldn't show.
 
Amber easily spotted Soojung as she entered the campus. Actually, she had been waiting for her to arrive so she could start her questions early. She needed to hear it from her and not anyone else. Amber didn't beat around the bush and went straight to the point. Soojung had not gotten over the kiss yet and now Amber was bringing up that topic again. But what was she to tell her? The truth, of course.
 
"No, Amber. We're not dating for real. I just saved his from that complicated situation. It was just part of my job." Soojung explained as she continued walking towards her building.
"Ah, so you're the one who initiated it! Really, Soojung. You're so straightforward. You kissed him because you couldn't help it anymore." Amber was then teasing her. Well, Soojung was really open about her liking towards Jinki after that night in the cafe. Maybe even to Jinki but he was just really ignorant to know. Although he could also be aware of Soojung's feelings but she couldn't tell since he just always mocked her.
"That's not it! Oh my gosh, Amber!" Soojung was shouting and took everyone's attention.
"I can sense the guilt in your voice." Amber continued with her teasing.
 
"How was the kiss? Did you like it? Were his lips soft?"
"It was just a smack, Amber. It's not even french." Soojung was getting annoyed.
"Says the girl who has never been kissed." Amber murmured but Soojung heard her. So she glared at her boyish friend.
"Wait, so you wanted it to be a french kiss?" Amber nudged her a little and Soojung could feel her cheeks burning up. She wasn't enjoying their topic.
 
"Just... we're not dating... yet." Soojung said whispering the last word.
"Bye, Amber." She couldn't deal with Amber at that moment because she would only remind her of that same scene.
 
Amber called her boyfriend and told her that it was just a false alarm, that Jinki and Soojung were still not dating for real but obviously, they were getting close there since Soojung was starting to be really honest through her actions.
 
Jinri, like her best friend, didn't have enough sleep the night before. She was worried about Soojung and Jinki but at the same time she was troubled because of what Jonghyun told her yesterday and because she wasn't able to answer him. She wasn't even sure if she was supposed to answer him. He didn't actually ask. He just said what he wanted to say. Jinri shook her head. She shouldn't be thinking of him. But she couldn't help it. She must admit, she was crushing on him. What was not to like? Jonghyun was quite good looking and she loved how he was so into his music. He was funny, nice and very sweet. She could tell he was a really romantic guy, she could sense through the love songs he had been writing, and she liked that about him. He was close to perfect.(this is actually me describing Jonghyun. Haha)
 
"Choi Jinri, what's wrong?" Soojung saw Jinri who was sitting alone in the school cafe sighing once in every three seconds. When she neared, she noticed that her coffee has not been touched yet either. So Soojung sat across the table and waited for her friend to reply.
"It's Jonghyun," Jinri sighed once again.
"What about him?"
"He kinda asked me out last night." Jinri said her worries. Soojung was her best friend and she was her secret keeper. Soojung's eyes just lit up. Somehow, she knew that she and Jinki were the reason why that happened.
"Did you say 'yes'? I'm sure you like him too if you're worrying about it right now."
"I do... a little," Jinri answered but Soojung wasn't convinced of her response.
"Okay, maybe, not just a little. But I wasn't able to say anything last night because of Qian... Speaking of Qian, does she know?" Jinri wanted to escape from her thoughts of Jonghyun again.
"I don't think so. Jinki and I... we... we kissed when we saw her coming our way. So I guess that reduced her suspicions." Soojung just couldn't avoid that matter because, somehow, everything was connected to it, even Jinri and Jonghyun. And just like Soojung's reaction, Jinri's face brightened up as well with Soojung's statement.
"Tell me about it." Soojung knew that Jinri was talking about the kiss. And Soojung always told her little secrets(even the dirtiest ones) to Jinri.
"I don't even know where to start. I mean, I know his lips are plump and peachy pink and look so kissable but I didn't think they would be that soft and sweet. Ah, this is really embarrassing!" Soojung covered her face and Jinri just shrieked. She was imagining the scene and she could tease Soojung about it all day.
"Soojung, I'm so jealous!"
"What? Do you want to have a taste of Jinki's lips too? I wouldn't let you." Soojung was being possessive but that's just how she was whenever she had an eye on someone. And she and Jinri just couldn't like the same guy ever because that would lead to a huge chaos.
"No, not kissing Jinki. Just, kissing."
 
"Hey, you girls, I can hear your topic from the door. Lower down your voice." Minho walked towards them and that froze them both.
"Jinki kissed Soojung? What? Was it your first time? I thought you've kissed so many times." Minho took a free seat and accompanied the two girls.
"They have! It's just that last night was extra special." Jinri answered for her best friend.
"How are you though? After the break up, I mean." Soojung politely asked since Jinri was being a little insensitive.
"Never better. I feel free, I guess." Minho grinned.
 
He looked so handsome, Soojung thought. Well yeah, Minho was the most good looking among her guy friends that was why she had a crush on him in the first place. He just looked so cool. But that moment, her head just did super odd flashbacks. From the day she met all five of them, she couldn't see Minho anymore, she could only see Jinki's cute and chubby face and his eye smile. Most of the memories that popped in her head were those where Jinki was and all he ever did was smile at her, entertain her, talk to her, even feed her. Jinki had always been the one trying to get close to her but she was too blinded by Minho to even notice. And now, Jinki was the only guy he could see, even if he wasn't the most good looking, even if he wasn't the funniest. He was the one she wanted.
 
"Soojung, Soojung." Jinri called her name but she was just staring blankly and with a smile forming on her face.
"Soojung!" Jinri snapped her fingers in front of her face.
"Huh? What?" Soojung didn't know where to look.
"I said, let's go. Forgive her, Minho, for not listening." Jinri stood up and Minho did as well.
"It's okay. She's evidently just so in love with Jinki. I wonder what he feeds her." Minho shook his head and chuckled.
"At least he feeds me. You, what did you ever do for me? I don't even get it why I liked you." Soojung pouted. But, no, she didn't regret liking Minho, of course. He was the reason why she and Jinki became friends so she actually owed him.
 
...
 
Jinki kept his mind busy in the office to forget about Soojung and her sweet, sweet lips attached to his. Good thing it was a really busy day for him and for Jungsoo and Heechul. And good thing they didn't know what happened the night before unless they put a CCTV camera just outside the building.
 
What he didn't expect that day though was a visit from Qian during lunch break. He didn't expect her to be there especially after what happened the night before. He knew it would be awkward between them and it was.
 
As they strolled next to each other in the park nearby, there was just silence. The weather was already getting cold and there were only few people in the park. Then Jinki thought it shouldn't be awkward. It was alright if he and Soojung kissed even in front of Qian because they were "dating". So he spoke up to break the growing silence.
 
"Why did you come here? I'm sure you're working today."
"I'm gonna be honest with you, Jinki." Qian quitted walking and looked down on her black ballerinas.
"I think I like you. I don't know." Qian confessed but of course, Jinki wasn't surprised. Everyone had told him about it although he didn't believe them. Now that it was coming from Qian, he still couldn't believe it. How could she even? They never hung out after the rejection. They barely even talked through the phone. She just started talking to him again when he and Soojung revealed their "relationship" during that lunch at that restaurant. Then it hit Jinki. She doesn't like me.
 
"Last night, it hurt me when I saw you. I know this sounds crazy and stupid but I felt it. I felt my chest ache." Qian continued since Jinki wouldn't say anything.
"No," Jinki shook his head but Qian didn't understand what he meant by that.
"No, Qian. You don't like me." Jinki paused and cleared his throat.
"I do. I like—"
"No, no, Qian. You don't." Jinki cut her off and just shook his head again.
"You're just, I don't know, confused, maybe. But you don't like me. You just think you like me because you were bothered by my relationship with Soojung from the start." Jinki just couldn't take it anymore. Because Jinki knew that, from the beginning, there was something wrong with Qian's sudden strange actions and so-called changed feelings.
"You... you didn't have to break up with Minho."
"You know about that?"
"Yes, but that's not important. You need to apologize to him and tell him that you just got confused. That he's the one you like and you never liked me." Jinki put a hand on her shoulder and patted it very, very lightly.
 
Jinki then put down his hand and sighed. He didn't know if he was doing the right thing but he knew it was for the better. So he looked straight into Qian's eyes and breathed in very deeply before he started talking again.
 
"Qian... I... We lied, Soojung and I." He was hesitant but he knew he needed to confess. Qian just creased her forehead.
"We... We aren't really together. Your suspicions are right. We're just pretending."
 
Jinki explained everything to Qian. He told her the complete truth. There was fear in his eyes while he couldn't tell what look Qian was giving him. If it was anger, sadness or confusion. But he just tried his hardest to be brave. There was no reason for him to lie anymore. As soon as he was done talking, he was readied himself for Qian's palm or Qian's fist to meet his cheeks so he closed his eyes so tightly.
 
"Thanks, Jinki." Qian muttered and so Jinki opened his eyes. He blinked in disbelief.
"Thanks for being honest with me."
"You're not gonna hit me? Seriously? It's alright." Jinki insisted but Qian just laughed.
"No, silly." Qian rubbed the side of Jinki's arm still chuckling.
"I want to get angry but, I don't know, I just can't. Maybe because it's what I wanted to hear all along."
"You're weird, Qian." Jinki stated before he embraced her. He just felt like he needed to hug her because he, too, was thankful that she didn't get mad at him.
 
After that long embrace, they continued walking along the pathway and talked. There were so many things they needed to talk about and that lunch break wasn't enough. Since Jinki had an important meeting to attend to, they just decided to continue their chat later that day.
 
And so they did, after Jinki's working hours. They seriously needed some catching up. They thought that Soojung could wait and Minho could wait. Right that moment, their special friendship was more important.
 
Jinki realized that they were really better off as great friends. That Qian did a good job on rejecting him. Thy were meant to bejust friends because they clicked that way.
 
Qian realized that she didn't really like Jinki. She liked him but only as a friend, one of her best friends. She could just make Jinki pay for the lie he made by bullying him like she always did(affectionate bullying, that is).
 
"Want me to talk to Minho for you?" Jinki was already driving her home.
"Let's talk to him together. Scare him a bit." Qian smirked and Jinki chuckled.
"Evil Song Qian."
 
Jinki then stopped his car. Qian looked out the window and looked around. She noticed they weren't in her neighborhood. But she knew exactly where they were. Jinki stepped out of the car and ran to the other side to open the door for her. He then offered his arm to her and she gladly wrapped hers around it. They laughed as they walked into the building and into the elevator.
 
"Follow my lead," Jinki whispered before he pressed the doorbell.
 
"Minhohoho!" Jinki greeted him when the door swung open. Minho was clearly confused and stunned by the sight that was revealed by the open door.
"Well? Aren't you going to let us in?" Qian asked with a dominant tone before she raised her eyebrows. Minho felt like he had no choice but to let the two in.
 
Jinki and Qian sat on the couch still with their arms entwined. Minho was leaning against the wall just in front of them and observing them. Jinki was whispering to Qian and she would giggle. That scene made Minho cringed and made his palms into fists.
 
"Hey, what are you doing here? Jinki, don't you have a girlfriend? Why are you with Qian?" Minho was showing some signs of jealousy not just with his actions, but even with his words.
"We came to visit. Can't we? And just because we broke up, doesn't mean we can't be friends, right?" Qian had a mocking look on her face. Evil Qian. Jinki repeated in his head when he looked at her.
"Yeah, what she said. And Soojung's not my girlfriend, Mino." Jinki said as he glanced at the younger male. He just got even more confused with what Jinki said.
"What do you mean? Did you just break up with Soojung and now you're with Qian?! Oh, god." Minho's head could blow up with the thought. He rubbed his forehead and walked across the room.
"Poor, Soojung. She was so happy this morning telling Jinri about your kiss. She must've been so devastated. Lee Jinki, you're so cruel! You could've waited for a few weeks. And I just broke up with Qian! What the heck, man?" Minho was as if scolding Jinki. He really felt sorry for Soojung if his thoughts were correct. Jinki was covering his mouth with his free hand to stop himself from bursting out to a huge laughter. Qian was doing the same.
"Are you laughing? Do you think this is funny? Qian, you are better than this. You just ruined a really wonderful relationship. Like I said, we just broke up. And honestly, I still hasn't gotten over it! Over you!" Minho was shouting. He was so frustrated like he could hit a wall or he could throw a metal chair on Jinki's face.
"Ah, Minho. You're so cute when you're jealous." Qian chuckled and gave him a half smile before she pulled her arm away from Jinki's.
"I'm not that kind of guy, Minho. I'm not dating Qian." Jinki started and snorted because he found Minho's face expression oh so funny.
"But I wasn't lying when I said that Soojung is not my girlfriend."
 
Qian stood up and pulled Minho towards her and pushed him down the sofa to let him sit and relax next to Jinki.
 
"Listen carefully, my ex-boyfriend. But hopefully when this conversation ends, you'll be my boyfriend again." Qian said and massaged Minho's shoulders.
 
Jinki did all the talking, of course. Qian promised she wouldn't say a word because she might make a huge mistake again with the words she would use. And it wasn't even because of her broken Korean. Jinki was just better with words. Minho's expression was everchanging. Jinki didn't know if he could keep a straight face or laugh. But he did manage with all his might till the end. Minho understood. It was no surprise since he had always been the most understanding one.
 
"I'll leave you two alone now. And please, Minho, bring her home TONIGHT. Qian, behave." Jinki patted Minho's back before he stood up from the sofa. He knew the two needed an alone time together so it was only right for him to leave early.
 
"So..."
"So..."
"Forgive me and let's start over again?" Qian pursed her lips and pouted like a kid.
"You think it's that easy?" Minho raised an eyebrow.
"Yes, because I love you so much and you love me so much too and that's all that matters." Qian batted her eyes,  took Minho's hand and played with it.
"Jinki suggested that I say that." Qian admitted and Minho laughed.
"Well, he did well."
"Does that mean...?" Qian's eyes twinkled and Minho just nodded and so she planted a kiss on his lips.
 

 

 
And the truth has been told. bwahahaha. I don't like having antagonists in my stories. I love Victoria.
 
Oh yeah, I totally forgot to say that I'm really excited about Amber's solo! yes yes! YES!
 
xdorkyx
x