Four

Hired Girlfriend
Jonghyun came back so early in the morning, 7 to be exact. The house was quiet so he thought his hyung was still asleep. If he remembered correctly, it was Jinki's day off so he was sleeping as much as he could because it was his way of relaxing. So he went to the bedroom to check on him.

"Jinki—" Jonghyun just the lights and when he was about to jumped on Jinki's bed, Soojung then turned her head and rubbed her eyes.
"Oh? Hey, Jjong."
"What the? You're not Jinki!" Jonghyun creased his forehead.
"Hey, Jonghyun, don't shout. So early in the morning. Turn the lights off, will you?" He heard Jinki's voice coming from his bed. He saw him putting the blanket over his head and turning his body to the other side to face the wall.

Soojung sat up and rubbed her eyes again. She was still half asleep but she knew she had to stand up to prepare breakfast for the two boys. That was the least she could do for them.

Once Soojung left the room, Jonghyun started questioning  the older male.

"What is she doing here? She even spent the night here on your bed! I know that your friends now but isn't this too much? Are you dating?" Jonghyun bombarded him with questions. Jinki knew he couldn't sleep no more because Jonghyun wouldn't stop asking unless he'd answer. So he sat up and scratched the back of his head before he opened his eyes and looked at Jonghyun.
"She doesn't have a place to go since her house has a new owner now. I saw her in the street last night so I took her here. I let her sleep on my bed because I know you wouldn't want her to sleep on yours. And no, we're not dating. What else do you want to know?" Jinki sighed and closed his eyes again still sitting up.
"Jinki, you're too nice." Jonghyun sat on the side of his bed beside Jinki.
"People tend to use this side of yours to take advantage of you. You should be careful." Jonghyun was thinking of Jinki and what happened between him and Qian.
"I'll be careful, Jonghyun. Don't worry." Jinki smiled. He knew Jonghyun was only worried of him.
"And it's not like she's a stranger. She's Jung Soojung, Sooyeon's sister." Jinki put his arm around Jonghyun shoulder.
"Yeah, maybe you're right." Jonghyun nodded. Jinki patted his back before he stood up.
"Oh, she'll probably stay here for a couple of days since it'll be hard to find a flat for her."
"Sunyoung's looking for a flatmate. I'll call her." Jonghyun kinda wanted to help too because Jinki was right. Soojung was no stranger. She was like a family to them, to him.
"I'm gonna tell Soojung! Thanks, Jjong-ee!!" Jinki ran to the kitchen.

When he got there, Taemin was already at the table chatting with Soojung as she fried some eggs. He didn't realized that Taemin had got home too.
 
"Jinki, why don't we give her the other room. It will be fun having her here!" Taemin suggested with a cheerful tone. Soojung had just told him his life story.

"Yes! Can I? I mean, it will be awesome! It'll be like that american show, New Girl! Yes, that's it!" Soojung turned to face Jinki and agreed with Taemin nodding her head non stop.
"That would be great but..."
"No, there's a 'but', Soojung." Taemin and Soojung frowned as they both looked at Jinki trying their hardest to be cute.
"But we've already found you a new flat and a flatmate. We're going there later today, okay?" Jinki grabbed the spatula from Soojung's hand and continued frying the eggs. Soojung just grabbed the box of milk in the fridge and poured some for all of them. She was acting like she had been living in that house for a long time.

"Jinki, is Jonghyun mad at me? He seemed mad earlier. He is, isn't he?" Soojung was worried.
"No, he's not. He's just jealous that you get to sleep on my bed when I don't even let him touch it." Jinki said as he put the fried eggs on a plate turning his head a little to look at Soojung.
"Whoa, you slept on Jinki's bed? Even I'll get jealous. He has a really fluffy bed, right? Right?" Taemin asked curiously.
"Yup. It felt really cozy and warm there. Wow. I feel really honored right now to have slept in his bed." Soojung  and Taemin continued  on talking  about Jinki's bed and then went back to the topic of making her live with them till Jonghyun came and they started having breakfast together.

She really wanted to live with the boys. It seemed fun but at the same time, she didn't want to bother them too much and she knew living with boys would be a little hard so it would be better to live with a girl. That was her initial plan. And it was not like she wasn't going back to their apartment. She was welcome there anytime, like what Jonghyun told her during their meal. And she could sleep on Jinki's bed again if she wanted, Jinki didn't mind anymore.

 

"Later, Jinki, Soojung." Taemin waved at them at the door as they went in the elevator.
 
They just walked toward Jinki's car. They planned to drive even though the apartment was practically just a few blocks away because Jinki was planning to bring her some place else after that.
 
Soojung was a bit nervous. She didn't know where Jinki was bringing her and if her flatmate was nice or not. Then she remembered she didn't have any money on her. She had a little but that wouldn't surely pay all the expenses. So she poked Jinki's arms.
 
"Jinki, I don't have the money to pay for the rent. I haven't got a job yet. Maybe, I should just really stay at your place." Soojung's voice was full of doubt and Jinki could feel it.
"I'll lend you the money. Lend, not give. You can pay me back anytime." Soojung didn't know that Jinki had planned everything. In fact, he had already found a job for her but he had not told her yet to surprise her. He just smiled thinking of the the look on her face once she found out.
 
"You're here, Jinki. Hey, Soojung." Sunyoung opened the door.
"Sunyoung eonni?" Soojung tilted her head a little and Sunyoung just smiled.
"Come with me. I'll introduce you to the owner." Sunyoung closed the door behind her and lead them back to the elevator to go down to look for the apartment owner.
 
"Mrs Cha, I've found a roommate. This is Soojung." Sunyoung immediately introduced her to the old lady.
 
Jinki was the one to talk business with the old lady as if he was Soojung's guardian, well, he kinda was and he had the money so Soojung didn't stop him. But Soojung was still beside him while the old lady explained the rules and everything else that she needed to know. Once they were done, Jinki brought Soojung's things to her new flat before pulling her out again.
 
"I'll bring her back, okay, Sunyoung? I just have to bring her to her new and first work place."
"What?! Are you serious, Jinki?!" Soojung had this bright surprised expression. Her eyes were sparkling of happiness. Jinki knew she'd make that face.
 
"Jinki, where am I going to work? Huh? Huh?" Soojung wouldn't stop asking while they were in the car and Jinki didn't reply not because he was driving but because he didn't want to spoil the fun.
 
Jinki parked in front of a cute nature-loving cafe. It had a really green garden in front and it cooled the warm air surrounding it. They entered the premises and Jinki bowed at every single employee and everyone bowed back.
 
"Jinki, why are you here? Isn't it your day off?" One of the waitress asked.
"You'll see. Later, Hyo." Jinki was still pulling Soojung across the room and brought her to the manager's office.
 
"Manager Choi," he lightly knocked on the open door.
"Jinki, what are you doing here?" The manager stood up from his seat.
"You said I can resign if I find myself a replacement, right? Well, here she is. Jung Soojung, this is Manager Choi." Soojung was hiding behind Jinki so he had to pull her in front of him.
"Greet him." He ordered.
"Hello, I'm pleased to meet you, manager Choi." Soojung bowed a complete 90°. Manager Choi bowed a little before looking at Jinki.
"You're really leaving?" Manager Choi asked that even Soojung was looking at him with curiosity. -Is he really giving up his job for me?-
"You're supposed to be my heir." Jinki chuckled at what Manager Choi said.
"Manager Choi, please tell me you're gonna accept Soojung." Jinki put his hands on Soojung's shoulders.
"She can start working tomorrow."
"Does that mean I'm hired? Thank you so much, manager Choi. I'll do my best!" Soojung wouldn't stop bowing until Jinki stopped her.
"I'll send you your last pay."
"Thank you, manager Choi. We'll get going now."
 
"Attention please. Everyone, this is Soojung. She's my replacement. Please be nice to her and take care of her for me." Jinki introduced her and it kinda scared her. Everyone obviously adored Jinki there that was why she thought that they might hate her for replacing him.
"Jinki, is it today? You're leaving us? We're not ready?"
"Oh, Kyungsoo~" Jinki messed up the younger boy's hair.
"Don't worry. I'll always visit you guys. Well, we gotta go." Jinki bowed and said his goodbye to everyone while Soojung was hiding behind him afraid of everyone.
 
Soojung hurried to Jinki's car and got in as quickly as she could. Jinki laughed and just got in calmly.
 
"Jinki, why did you do that?" Soojung asked as Jinki started the car.
"Did what?"
"Why did you quit? Did you do that just for me?" Soojung raised her eyebrows.
"You're not that special for me to do that." Jinki mocked her and she rolled her eyes. The car was already in the road.
"I just didn't want to work there anymore. I love everyone of them but I can't stay in a coffee. I'm not a student anymore. And I didn't major in coffee making. That's not the job for me." Jinki made so much sense.
"Oh, right. You're an architect now! Has some company offered you a job?" Soojung didn't know he was majoring in architecture until a month ago since she didn't really care about his life before. But now, she was kinda amused.
"One has offered but I didn't want to work there. I have my own preference and I'm passing my resume today." Jinki was excited but he didn't want to show his excitement to Soojung. He just kept a straight face.
 
"Here we are." Jinki stopped the car. They were in front a two story building. The facade was made up of glass.
"It's not a big company but their works are great. Amazing house structures and all. Not the best in the world but the best for me. And that's what I want." Jinki grabbed the green folder at the backseat.
"This small company is the reason why I decided to take architecture."
"I'll be back in a minute. Wait here, okay?" Jinki told her and she nodded.
 
Even if Jinki kept a straight face the whole time, Soojung could see the passion in his eyes. She could see how he really wanted to work there and how determine he was just by looking at his eyes. Especially how he said everything about the small company.
 
He came back after 5 minutes and so Jinki drove her to her new flat.
 
"Thank you, thank you, thank you so much, Jinki." Soojung bowed nonstop again.
"I don't know how I can ever repay you. But I'll do anything you want anytime if you ever need me. Cross my heart." Soojung promised with her right hand raised.
"Whatever you say~" Jinki patted her head.
"You'll accompany me to work tomorrow, won't you?" Soojung asked worriedly.
"I'll even pick you up here at exactly 8 AM. Bye, Soojung-ee."
"See you tomorrow!" She waved at him.
 
Soojung's life just got better. She was feeling hopeless the day before but she didn't want to show her weakness again so she tried to keep her energy up and be hyper in front of the boys. Just when she thought she had lost everything, Jinki just came to the rescue. And to think that they were just new friends, he still helped her with all his might.
 
Soojung and Sunyoung chatted all night. They knew each other because she was Jonghyun's junior and he sometimes brought her to their little gatherings. Soojung told Sunyoung her whole life story and Sunyoung listened attentively. "He's so nice," they both said when they talked about Jinki. They didn't stay up until late because Soojung didn't want to wake up late the next day.
 
...
 
When Jinki got home, the two were watching TV. He squeezed in between them to join them. They were quiet for a while. The TV was the only thing that was making noises. Then Jonghyun finally spoke up.
 
"Did things go well?" He asked without looking at Jinki and focusing his eyes on the television.
"Yup. You won't find me at the cafe anymore. Soojung replaced me." Jinki was tilting his head from side to side. He was happy with his decision.
"You gave her your job?!" Taemin was so shocked.
"I told you he's too nice. He makes other people happy but he can't make himself happy." Jonghyun was still staring at the TV like he didn't care but of course, he cared.
"You make me happy." Jinki was acting all sweet to Jonghyun because he knew he still had an issue with the way he acted so nicely toward Soojung even if they had already talked about it. Taemin was laughing at them at the side.
"Lee Jinki..." Jonghyun finally faced him and placed one hand on his shoulder.
"You need to find yourself a girlfriend." Jonghyun stated.
"I don't have time for that. I mean, I already have you guys. I can't handle another person." Jinki kept joking around.
"Jonghyun is right. We'll help you find a girlfriend. Soojung's not a bad candidate." Taemin suggested.
"No! Soojung is too much work!" Jinki and Jonghyun shouted in chorus.
"Okay, okay. Just date Jonghyun then." Taemin switched the channel.
"Nah, Jjong is too perfect for me. I can't even handle his perfectness right now." Jinki said and Jonghyun nodded his head in agreement then they laughed.
 

 

Happy Birthday to our princess Soojung!!!!!

Hope you liked this update

Is anyone still reading this?

Once I'm done with this one, I'll start a Taemin x Amber fanfic. hehe.

xdorkyx
x