Three

Hired Girlfriend
Ever since that day, they would always bump into each other coincedentally in the street but sometimes, they would intentionally meet each other for coffee or to hang out anywhere. You can say that they were officially good friends. They had not forgotten about those heart aches but both had moved on. There was nothing to be sad about anyway.

Jinki finally graduated. Of course, his parents came that day to celebrate with him. He was an only child and he was pretty adored by his parents. The next day, though, right after his parents left for Gyeonggi province, he suddenly had the want to celebrate with his friends but none of them was inviting him out. Jonghyun was with his band to celebrate his very own graduation and he didn't even invite Jinki. When he got home, Taemin wasn't there probably hanging out with his friends. He pouted as he sat down on the couch. He looked at his phone. There wasn't a single text nor a phone call. Just his wallpaper of a sort of yellow and red smudge. He sighed and was about to throw his phone on the other side of the couch but then it started ringing. He looked at the screen and saw "Soojung-aing" flash on it. He furrowed his eyebrows. He didn't know why she was calling but he just answered it instead of making her wait.

"Congratulations, Jinki!" She shouted from the other line that Jinki almost went deaf. But he didn't shout back at her because he knew she shouted for a good cause and he actually appreciated it.
"Thank you very much, Soojung. I really didn't expect you to call."
"I wanted to say hi to you yesterday but I knew you were with your family so... yeah, I'm calling!" Soojung didn't really know what to say and Jinki could feel it that was why he chuckled. And then he thought of something ridiculous but not so ridiculous.
"Hey, Soojung."
"What?"
"Wanna watch a movie with me?" It was a very unusual question coming from Jinki. Jinki could imagine Soojung's face when he asked that.
"A movie? What? Like a date?" And Jinki knew she would think it that way.
"Hahahahahahaha no."

"Silly. Just hang out. Oh, Soojung, do you want to have a date with me?" He was just mocking her.
"Ha-ha." Soojung sarastically said.
"Are you coming or not?"
"I'm kinda short of money."
"My treat."
"Okay then!"
"See you at the cinemas!"
"Wait, right now?"
"Yes, see you!" Jinki hang up before he stood up and changed his hoodie and sweat pants to a more appropriate clothing.

...

Soojung arrived first and looked at the films to watch. And while she was busy looking at the schedule...

"Boo!" Jinki grabbed her shoulders and surprised her.
"Jinki!" She hit him a couple of times.
"Did you pick a movie?" Jinki asked while he laughed.
"Yes, this one! But it won't start in 30 minutes." They stared at the poster for a while.

"Call Kibum then let's have some milkshake while we wait." Jinki suggested. He came to think of it and he didn't even bother calling Kibum earlier so maybe it was only right to invite him out with them.

While Jinki was ordering some milkshake at the stall, Soojung was calling Kibum.

"Kibum, wanna watch a movie with me and Jinki?" Soojung inquired and Jinki handed her the medium sized cup of strawberry milkshake.
"You're with Jinki?" He sounded so surprised but Soojung ignored that fact and just answered him.
"Yes. So do you want to watch with us? Jinki's treat!" Soojung said happily and Jinki glared at him. He didn't really say he'd treat Kibum.
"Can I take Amber with me?" Kibum asked with a childish tone.
"Wait, I'll ask him... He wants to know if he could bring Amber."
"I wouldn't treat him then!!!" Jinki shouted loud enough for Kibum to hear him.
"Okay, we'll be there in 15 minutes." Kibum was the one to hang up.
"They're coming."

They sat at a free table as they waited for the couple. Jinki threw out his cheesy jokes so Soojung wouldn't be bored. And although half of his jokes weren't that understandable, Soojung just kept laughing.

"Whoa, you're really together!" They heard Amber's husky voice from behind and so they turned their heads.
"I'll just buy our tickets and popcorns. Jinki, I'll pay for the food. It's a very important day today." Kibum skipped to the ticket booth.
"Wow. I can't believe you two are together right now!" Amber was talking with her voice a little smaller than the usual.
"But we're not together-together." Both of them shook their heads.
"I know. I just thought that it's very strange seeing you together. Good strange though." Amber smiled. Both Jinki and Soojung didn't get why Amber reacted that way. For them, it wasn't strange at all.

Amber pulled Soojung up from her seat and they walked towards Kibum with Jinki just behind them.

"This feels like a double date, don't you think so, baby?" Kibum put his arm around Amber's shoulder as they walked into the cinema. Amber nodded as she looked at the two with a smiling face.
"Even Soojung thought the same. Soojung, just admit that you like me." Jinki nudged her a little but she just elbowed him as hard as she could.
"I was kidding earlier, you dumbhead!"
"Whatever you say, Soojung... who secretly has a crush on me." Jinki whispered the last part and ran away from Soojung.

Kibum and Amber smiled at each other. They knew that that "double date" would be so much fun. They had been waiting for so long for the two to be good friends. Because they both honestly thought that they compliment each other. Soojung had this strong and a little cold personality while Jinki's personality was very soft and warm. They were perfect. "Opposites attract" was Kibum and Amber's motto and it seemed like it was the same with Soojung and Jinki.

Jinki kept annoying Soojung through out the whole film. Throwing popcorns at Soojung once in a while. In between the annoyances were them playing around, this time throwing popcorns at Kibum. Although Kibum and Amber were joking around as well, Jinki and Soojung's banter had a greater impact. They had so much fun. It was a bit, no, very chaotic but they had great fun.

After that, they had a meal at the Italian restaurant they always went to. And Soojung and Jinki immediately started their banter again. Kibum thought that Amber and him together would be cutest thing ever but seeing Soojung and Jinki play around was even cuter.

"Chicken sausage risotto, please!" Soojung and Jinki said in chorus that made the couple laugh.
"Hey, Soojung, stop copying me." Jinki pouted like a little baby.

Even while they were eating, they wouldn't stop teasing each other. Their table was practically the loudest in that restaurant. They only went silent when Amber told them a surprising news.

"You moved in his apartment?!" Jinki and Soojung were really surprised but not in a bad way. They respected their friends' decision and if living together would make them happy, then they'd just be happy for them as well.
"I just moved in this morning."
"That's why I told you it's a special day." Kibum was smiling from ear to ear as he looked at his girlfriend.
"Amber, are you sure you can handle Kibum's attitude?" Jinki teased and so Kibum hit his arm.
"Oppa, don't worry. We've been together for 2 years. I'm sure I can handle anything he'd throw at me." Amber replied before he looked at her very dear boyfriend.
"Oh, Amber!" Kibum embraced her.
"Wait, does this mean you're paying for this meal, oppa?" Soojung asked curiously.
"Okay, okay, I will." Kibum didn't hesitate and so Soojung and Jinki high-fived.
 
...
 
"Mom! This isn't fair! You should've told me!" Soojung was shouting as she dragged her suitcase out of her house, well, apparently, her ex-house.
"I did tell you. You should've prepared yourself." Her mother replied with a dominant tone.
"But mom..." Soojung went back in and grabbed her other things while the new house owners were settling in.
"No 'buts'. You want to be independent, right? Other than your college's tuition fee, we won't be sending any more money. Bye, Soojung."
"Wait, mom! Mom? Ugh!" Her mom had hung up. She shouted and stumped her feet before she sighed and started walking away from her old home.

She walked to the nearest bus stop and sat under the shade and thought. She didn't know where to go. She couldn't call her best friend because she didn't want to make her worry. And she was sure Jinri would just take her in her house and would simply let her move there for as long as she wanted but Soojung didn't want that. She sighed. It was a cool summer day but it felt a lot hotter because of the anger inside her. But somehow she knew she had no right to get mad. She just returned to the thought of who to call. Amber! No, I can't. She remembered that Amber just moved in with Kibum and she didn't want to crash in their tiny flat and most of all, she didn't want to be the third wheel so Amber was out of her list. She called her university friends but every single one of them were away because it was summer vacation. She was losing hope.

She remained sitting there 'til the sky darkened and 'til her tummy started making weird noises. She stood up and started dragging her things again to find a convenience store to buy some cheap noodles to eat.

Jinki was driving from work. He really wanted to go home and rest. He would surely have a goodnight rest since the two younger boys he was living with were somewhere he didn't want to know cos he honestly didn't care and they would come back probably the next day. He didn't really know when since he didn't ask. He was happily driving, singing a long to the song playing on the radio when he spotted Soojung in the street. He stopped to make sure it was her and when he was sure, he got out of the car and ran towards her.

"Soojung," he called her and she turned her head when she heard his voice before she stopped from walking.
"Jinki," she frowned like a child who just lost her mommy.
"What happened?" He asked worriedly when he noticed all the bags and suitcase she was carrying.
"I've got no place to live in anymore. My mom made me leave our house." A frown was still plastered on her face with her furrowed eyebrows.
"Hey, you're not gonna cry, right? Please don't cry." Jinki stopped her 'cause he had a feeling that Soojung would break into tears.
"No, I'm not. I'm just really tired... and hungry. Really, really hungry." She replied.
"You poor little thing. Come with me." Jinki grabbed her suitcase with his right hand and then grabbed her free arm with his left hand.

He put her things at the backseat of his car and she made her get on his car. She instantly followed his orders even though she didn't know where he was taking her. She was not in her right mind to think. At the end of the ride, they stopped in front of Jinki's flat.

Once they were inside the apartment, Jinki put her things at the side and went to the kitchen to heat some left overs in the microwave. If Soojung was hungry, He definitely needed to hurry. Once the table was set and the food was on the table, Soojung immediately started eating like she had not eaten for days. Jinki just sat across her and watch her eat.

"Tell me what happened." He put his arms across his chest.
"You know that my mom didn't want to leave me here in Korea, right? But I insisted to stay. Well, now she's taking revenge on my rebellious act." Soojung started as she chewed on her food.
"Do you remember the day at the cinemas when we fought? Well, that day, my mom gave me a warning about the house being sold or being rented soon so she told me to leave as soon as possible. I just felt really mad that day that's why I was rude to you." She explained, but her story didn't end there.
"I told her I wanted to be independent and she took those words as an opportunity to teach me a lesson. This morning, when I woke up, someone was already at the door telling me to leave because it's their house now. My mom didn't even tell me that the new owner were moving in today. I could've prepared myself." There was frustration in her voice even if was full while she talked.
"And Sooyeon didn't call me either. She's siding with mom. Hmp. Water, please." She was going to choke so Jinki poured water in a glass and gave it to her.

"What are you planning to do now?"
"I don't know. Find a job and an apartment." She then stopped from eating
"Jinki, help me, will you?" She grabbed his hands that were on the table and squeezed them.
"Why? I thought you want to be independent?" But Jinki was able to slide off his hands from her tight grip.
"I do! But I can't start from zero. I need your help. So please, help me. Please, please, please, please, please with cherries on top." she was squeezing his hands again begging for Jinki's help. Jinki honestly thought she looked so hopeless that moment and he pitied her so...
"Okay, I'll help you."
"Really? Thank you so much!!!" Soojung cheered.
"Don't thank me yet. I haven't really done anything yet."
"Knowing that you'll help is already enough for me."

Jinki grabbed a sheet and a set of pillows for her to use that night since it was clear that she'd sleep in their flat if she had nowhere to go to. Soojung had explained her situation and the things she would need. She told him how she couldn't call Jinri and her other closest friends because she didn't want to be a burden and how she thought that she might be a burden to Jinki as well but he said no because he was the one to take her in. She told him how she needed a place to stay in, a dorm or whatever. But what she needed the most is a job because she couldn't afford an apartment if she didn't have the money. So, basically, those were her problems. And Jinki wasn't sure how to help her.

"You're lucky, the two boys aren't here. If they were here you'd have to sleep on our uncomfortable couch." Jinki said as they went into the bedroom.
"Wait, you three sleep in the same room?" Soojung was so surprised seeing three beds lined up inside the bedroom. Obviously, it was a huge room since the three beds fitted but a little crowded because of the same reason. She had been in their apartment a few times but she had never entered their bedroom though she was sure there were two bedrooms.
"Uh, yeah. After your sister left for the States, Jonghyun became clingy—"
"Became clingy? Wasn't he clingy even before my sister left?" Soojung, of course, noticed how Jonghyun acted around Jinki. He was so attached to him that sometimes, even her sister was jealous of Jinki.
"He became a little more clingy and one day, when I got home, his bed was already inside my room. Then Taemin got a little jealous and moved his bed a few weeks later." Jinki explained and Soojung couldn't stop herself from giggling. Boys and their bromance are the funniest and the cutest thing ever.

"You'd be sleeping on my bed. As much as I don't want people touching it, my two great roommates would kill me if they found out I let you sleep on their beds." Jinki placed the blanket and a pair of pillows on the bed in the middle.
"Where will you sleep then?"
"On Jjong's bed."
"I'm sure he loves it when you sleep on his bed." Soojung was teasing him.
"Go wash up and change. We have a long day ahead of us." But Jinki ignored her mockery and just pushed her to the bathroom.

While Soojung was in the bathroom, Jinki had been thinking of a way to help her. He really felt sorry for her. She was still young and he knew she wasn't used to the independent life he and the other guys were living. She was kind of a spoiled kid and she was always depending on everyone else so he had to help her adjust. He couldn't think of anyway. Even while he was showering, he was thinking. But nothing entered his mind. But he had to do something. He had to figure out something as fast as he could.

When he entered the bedroom, the lights were already off and Soojung was already comfortably lying down on his bed and was probably asleep already. He lied down on Jonghyun's bed and adjusted. It was probably the first time he lied down there because although they shared a bedroom, their beds are sort of sacred and no one was allowed to sit, sleep, eat on them without permission from the rightful owner. Jinki's mind was flying to that thought instead of thinking of a way to help Soojung.

"Thanks again, oppa." Soojung murmured that made Jinki look at her way even if he couldn't see her.

"You are very welcome, Soojung. Sleep tight." He stated before he closed his eyes thinking that he would have ideas coming in once he had a good night sleep.
 

 

Third chapter weeeeee
Poor baby Soojung. People said she fainted last night. Hope she's okay.
Comments anyone?
 
xdorkyx
x
 
PS. Does any of you f(SHINee) shippers out there have a copy of my KeyBer fanfic My Girl? That was the first ever KeyBer fanfic I have ever written and then winglin shut down and I didn't put it anywhere else aside from that site. If ever you have it, please send it to me. Imma cry now.