seventeen

Hired Girlfriend
Jonghyun threw a pillow on Jinki's face when he found him still lying on his bed that morning with his eyes looking straightly at the white ceiling. Jinki just moved the pillow off his face and continued staring.
 
"You'll be late for work. Stand up and take a shower." Jonghyun said because he was really concerned. He knew that Jinki didn't have any sleep the night before. He actually woke up around 3 because he kept hearing some squeaking from Jinki's bed. He couldn't see him but he knew he had been turning his body around nonstop.
"But I'm thinking." Jinki simply stated.
"Why did you have to play around like that? Now, you're suffering." Jonghyun shook his head and sighed. He heard from Jinri what happened who heard from Soojung herself.
"I'm not suffering. I'm really just thinking. I'm still going on with my plan, you know." Jinki raised his head a little and looked at Jonghyun who was looking back at him in disbelief.
"You're not normal, Jinki." Jonghyun threw another pillow at him before he left the room.
 
"Ah! Yes! I've got an idea!" Jinki exclaimed and sat up.
"Okay. I'm going to work." He slid out of his blanket, stood up and went straight to the bathroom.
 
Minho talked to Soojung at uni when he got the time and when he was finally able to catch her after the endless avoidance she did that day which was after her classes.
 
"I don't wanna talk to you." Soojung walked past Minho and walked straight ahead to the gate.
"I'm sorry. We're sorry. Qian and I. Forgive us." Minho apologized as he continued following her.
"No. You teamed up with Jinki to fool me." Soojung said not looking back at him. Minho snorted that made her stop from walking and finally look at him.
"Ah, look who's talking. The girl who Jinki paid to be his fake girlfriend to fool me and Qian." Minho had his hands on his waist. Soojung bit her lower lip after she realized that Minho made sense.
"Okay. So we're even. Happy?"
"Yeah, I guess. But don't be mad at Jinki for too long. He might stop liking you if you did." Minho warned her but she puffed and rolled her eyes before she started walking away again.
 
"Wah. You're not scared that he'd stop liking you?" Minho followed her again.
"Why would I be? I don't like him anymore."
"Don't you now?" Minho had this really mocking face but Soojung wasn't looking at him so she couldn't really see. But she could tell he was mocking her with his tone.
"Stop pestering me. I'm gonna be late for work." Soojung pushed him away just lightly as the bus passed by. She rushed to the bus stop and left Minho.
 
Soojung was frankly not sure if she was mad at Jinki or not. But, of course, she was lying when she told Minho that she doesn't like Jinki anymore. The feeling she felt for Jinki wouldn't just go away overnight. And it wasn't like Jinki didn't like her. In fact, he liked her so there wasn't much reason to be angry about. She just felt like he tricked her or something, like he was playing with her feelings because, obviously, he already knew about it. She couldn't understand why he had to do such game when he could've have just told her about how he really felt that night.
 
"Soojung," she heard his voice. Jinki's voice. She blinked and realized she had been wiping the same table for over five minutes. So she stopped and put the chair on the table. She was cleaning up because it was closing time.
"Soojung," she heard it again and knew it wasn't just in her head. Jinki was in the coffee shop. He really was. She saw him standing just a couple of meters away from the table. She looked around. Everyone was gone. There was only Jinki.
"You seemed distracted." He muttered with a little smile but she just rolled her eyes and walked towards another table before she started wiping again.
"Where has everyone gone to? I can't finish this all alone." She sighed.
"I'm here. I'll help you." Jinki ran behind the counter and grabbed a rag. He then started helping Soojung wipe the same table. Soojung kept pushing his hand away but he was persistent. He was still smiling innocently like he had not done anything wrong.
 
"I don't want you here. Leave me alone." Soojung threw her rag on the table.
"But I want to be here. I want to be with you." Jinki stated but Soojung just snorted.
"Are you kidding me?"
"No. Oh, and here." Jinki took something put of his pocket and stretched his arm forward. It was the necklace he gave her.
"I don't want that anymore." She pushed his hand down that made him grimace.
"Just leave me alone. I need to finish early." Soojung just lifted the chairs one by one. Jinki shook his head and started helping her again taking the chair from her hands. Soojung heaved a sigh before she stepped back, leaned against a table and watched Jinki do all the work. She should just take advantage of the help he was giving her.
 
"Soojung-aing," he started with his cute way of saying her name.
"Are you mad at me?" He asked although he knew exactly what the answer would be. In fact, Soojung didn't even make an effort to answer him.
"Sorry. Will you forgive me?" Jinki apologized like it was that easy. Soojung rolled her eyes and put her arms across her chest.
"Okay," Jinki just finished the work that Soojung was supposed to be doing while she just pretended to text everyone she knew.
 
"Look, Soojung," Jinki stopped when he was finally at the last table and just walked back towards Soojung.
"I'm really sorry. I just... I didn't know what I was doing. Well, I knew exactly what I was doing but that was very stupid of me." Jinki admitted his mistakes before he looked down at his sneakers. Soojung didn't say a thing but just continued listening because she knew he wasn't done yet.
"I... I just really wanted to make you jealous. I wanted to see you jealous. I don't know what has gotten into my mind but I did it. Maybe I just got carried away by our little—huge act. I was having so much fun. I didn't want you to figure it out that way. I had a better plan. A much more romantic one. Now I'm just here trying to explain you everything and hoping you'd forgive me because, Soojung, I really like you. Really, really, really, really, really, really, really like you." He looked up to see her reaction but he just found her taking a bite from a choco pie.
"Sorry. But I was listening. I'm just really hungry. I haven't had dinner yet. Continue." Soojung said as she chewed. Jinki laughed.
"I've got nothing else to say. You? Do you have something to tell me? Something like 'I forgive you' or 'yeah, I know you like me'? Nothing like that?" Jinki asked as he took a step closer to her. She shrugged.
"What does that even mean? Just, at least, tell me something. Then I'll leave you alone."
"Ugh... okay..." Soojung put down her choco pie before she looked at Jinki again.
"Jinggi... I... Well I now know you like me thanks to your little trick. But, sure, I forgive you because I kinda still like you... yeah, that's it. Now can you leave me alone?" Soojung raised her eyebrows but Jinki just smirked and took a couple more steps till his body was only an inch away from hers. He stared down at her—from her messy fringe, then to her furrowed eyebrows, then to her crinkled nose and lastly to her rosy pouting lips.
"H-hey. Why... why are you looking at me like that? Have I got something on my face again?" She creased her forehead. Her cheeks were burning up caused by the tiny distance between them.
"Yeah," Jinki was still smirking.
"Really? What?"
"My lips." He instantly responded and before she could even react, he had already pressed his lips against hers.
 
Jinki counted in his head one, two, three slowly. Then he pulled away. But Soojung just grabbed the back of his neck and kissed him again. There was nothing to deny anymore. No more pretending. They just gave in and expressed what they really felt.
 
Their lips finally parted after their long and ardent kiss. They looked at each others' eyes. There were no words needed.
 
"Really? 'My lips'?" Soojung chuckled as they walked towards Jinki's car after closing the coffee shop.
"Why? Didn't that sound cool?" Jinki raised a brow.
"Yeah... it was kinda cool." Soojung shyly admitted. Jinki ran to the car and opened the door for her.
"Thank you. Uh, so, are we going out or...?" Soojung's voice was trembling.
"Ho ho ho. Is Jung Soojung asking me out?"
"Hmp." Soojung pouted but Jinki grinned before he leaned forward towards her. He put the necklace with the heart pendant around her neck.
"Finally back to where it belongs." Jinki said before he kissed her forehead. She couldn't help but smile as she fiddled with the pendant. She missed the necklace. She missed Jinki.
 
"You were really going to tell me about your little evil plan?" Soojung asked as Jinki drove. He nodded.
"And how was it supposed to end again?"
"You'll see." Jinki simpered. Soojung didn't know whether to be nervous or not about that. And then she thought about it, she didn't even know where Jinki was bringing her because, apparently, he wasn't bringing her home.
"Where are you taking me? I have classes tomorrow." She asked pretending to be annoyed but she was actually excited.
"Didn't you want to go on a date?" Jinki kiddingly asked.
"Patience. We're almost there." He added before Soojung looked out. She knew exactly where they were going when she saw the view outside.
 
Jinki stopped the car in front of Namsan Tower. He ran to the other side and opened the door for Soojung and she hurriedly got off the car. Jinki offered his left arm and she wrapped hers around it before they walked in. They went to the top floor and when the elevator door opened, Jinki just smacked his own face with right palm.
 
"Oh, were you still planning to go here?" Jonghyun naively asked. He was sitting at this small round table with a lit red candle. Across him was Jinri.
"Go away. Find your own dinner date place. I paid for this." Jinki pulled Jonghyun's arm to pull him up from the chair.
"You paid for this?" Soojung asked still clinging onto Jinki.
"I intentionally rented this place tonight just for you. So, please, Jonghyun, Jinri, leave us be." Jinki pleaded but Jonghyun shook his head and stopped Jinri from standing up.
"Let's just have a double date."
"No." Jinki pulled Jonghyun up and they started bickering like girls.
 
Soojung sat on the empty seat and cut the round cake before she strated eating it with Jinri. She was really hungry. She couldn't wait anymore. She could just have a romantic date with Jinki some other time.
 
"So are you officially a couple now?" Jinri curiously asked and Soojung shrugged but she had a huge smile plastered on her face.
"You and Jjong?"
"I don't know. He was going to tell me something but you arrived." Jinri was taking some icing from the slice of cake on Soojung's plate.
"Oh, sorry." Soojung apologized before she looked at the two boys who were still arguing.
 
"You bicker like a married couple. Why don't you two just date?" Soojung said so the boys finally stopped.
"No, you're already eating the cake. You didn't even read what was written on it!" Jinki frowned. Soojung looked at the cake and tried to see what Jinki was talking about but the cake was all ruined.
"Jinri, did you see what was written on it?" Soojung asked her best friend but she shook her head. Both of them were so hungry that they just started eating without looking at the cake.
"It was 'will you be my girlfriend?'." Jonghyun told the two girls and both just had their eyes wide opened. Then Jinki finally understood why Jonghyun brought Jinri there.
"Why didn't you tell me, Jjong? We could've shared."
"You didn't tell me you were coming, Jinki."
"You didn't tell me you wanted to use my romantic plan."
"Well, you said you weren't gonna use it anymore."
"I didn't say that. You were imagining things."
 
"Again? Do you want us to be your girlfriends or not?" Soojung required.
"Yes!" Both retorted and faced the two girls.
"Problem solved then. Let's go, boyfriend. I'm sleepy." Soojung stood up and grabbed Jinki's hand.
"Anything you want, my lovely girlfriend." Jinki tightened his hold as they walked towards the elevator.
"Can we have a lift?" Jonghyun asked grabbing Jinri's hand.
"No." Jinki sinply answered before he hurriedly clicked the button to close the elevator.
 
Soojung chuckled because she honestly was with Jinki on that. They glanced at each other talking with each other through their eyes and as the elevator went down, they shared another sweet and romantic kiss. A kiss that seemed to last forever.
 
THE END

 

 
Yes, my dear, adorable readers. It's finally over. ah. Good times hehe
I hope you enjoyed it.
Wait for my next fanfic that I'll probably post before Christmas! Yayy!!! It's gonna be totally different from this and from most of my fanfics.
I'm gonna miss everyone and thanks for all subscribers and upvoters!
I love everyone!!! heheh
 
xdorkyx
x