Chapter 6

Longing for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jaejoong! Jae! Jae! Yah, Kim Jaejoong!" Jaejoong turned around and scowled at Yunho.

"Stop following me!" He yelled at the tall man.

"Where are you going Jaejoong?" Yunho softened his approach.

"Away from you." Jaejoong looked away, "why? why did you do such a thing? You know I love Ilwoo, yet you..."

"How can you love him after what he did to you?"

"You don't understand." Jaejoong raised his voice, "What do you know about love." Yunho looked at Jaejoong with this melancholic smile on his face, "Believe me JAejoong, I know more about love and heartbreak more than you do. This is just your first time. I'm more experienced." That's when Jaejoong remebered that Yunho used to love Taemin and he's not stupid to not notcie that Yunho likes him though Jaejoong cannot reciprocate his feelings. But Yunho is right about being experienced in heartbreak.

Jaejoong slumped on the sidewalk and held his head with his palm, "what do I do? What do I do?"

Yunho crouched in front of him and caressed his hair, "I know how it feels to have your heart crushed Jaejoong. That's why I know it's not good for your child."

"being with the father of the child is good for the child." Jaejoong retorted.

"No, Jae. Your child needs its mother and you need someone who can take care of both of you. You need security and stabilty to take care of your child and Ilwoo won't give you that. He'd do the opposite in fact. I just want what's best for you and take care of you. WHy don't you allow me?"

"Why must we marry for that?"

"So I can take care of you and your parents don't have anything to worry about. It's killing two birds with one stone."

"Just give me some time to come to terms with all this."

"Agreed. Take your time and don't stress yourself out. We don't want anything happening to this little one do we." Yunho patted Jaejoong's tummy and JAejoong found himself liking the warmth he got. It was the first time since  he knew he was pregnant that someone was so gentle with him. Yunho helped him up and held his hand as they walked back to the Kim house.

Jaejoong spent the rest of the day in his room. Yunho told his parents that the pregnanct made him tired so he's resting. WHen Yunho bought him healthy food during lunch and dinner, Jaejoong felt especially cared for. He felt assured that his child will grow up well with Yunho as a father. His heart felt a bit lighter, so when he woke up the next day, he was ready with his decision.

"Appa, Umma." Jaejoong's parents looked up from their breakfast. Jaejoong sat next to Yunho and took his hand. Yunho was so surprised, he dropped his chopsticks from his other hand. "Appa, I want to marry Yunho as soon as I can."

The parents were ecstatic and rushed to prepare. Yunho gushed like a new bride but found the courage to take JAejoong's hand in his, "I promise, You both will be in good hands." Yunho JAejoong's stomach.

"We trust you Yunho. Thank you for accepting me despite how I treated you." JAejoong apologised.

"Hey! Let's not dwell on the past shall we. We have a wedding to plan." Yunho pulled out his phone, "I have to call my grandma. Halmeoni is dying to see me married."

"Halmeoni?" Jaejoong got nervous, "Will she like me? I mean, I'm pregnant before marriage and all."
"Don't worry Jaejoong. SHe's a nice lady. Plus, she just wants a great grandchild. She once told me I don't have to be married to give her one." Jajoong laighed at that, "That's a coincidence. Umma told me the same." The two then burst out laughing.

Jaejoong called Junsu and Yoochun as well while Yunho called his grandmother. The old lady was Yunho's only support. She raised him after his parents death and was with him through his difficult hour. It or course irked Ilwoo that their grandmother favoured the 'lesser' grandson than himself. But she always shurgged it off saying "Yunho needs someone to love him more than you." She is the one who made sure that Yunho isn't cast aside by his ruthless relatives. Yunho's face lit up when his grandmother answered the call. Jaejoong saw that and smiled understanding that Jung Halmeoni is really Yunho's support. He just hoped that he will be accepted by her too. They after all weren't dating, which means that Yunho's grandmother won't know that they are in a relationship. the sudden marriage could be a shock to her.

"Huh....yeah, yeah, yeah....okay one sec....he's right here...." Yunho bought the phone to Jaejoong but he shook his head and mouthed a 'No' to him. "Oh come on! Don't be afraid. She can't kill you over the phone." Yunho forcibly held the phone to Jaejoong's ear and he hesitant;y spoke.

"H-hello?"

"did Yunho say I'm going to kill you?" A lady asked petulantly and Jaejoong knew it was good-natured. He felt a bit at ease now.

"H-halmeoni..." He stuttered.

"Why are you stuttering son? Are you scared?" Jaejoong nodded even though she can't see over the phone. "Don't worry son. I can't hate Yunho's special person. I love Yunho enough to love his beloved." Jaejoong blushed at the reference and Yunho kept prodding him to enquire, "I just wanted to say that I'm very happy to hear about your wedding. I can't wait for my great grandson."

"you're not angry about the child?" Jaejoong asked meekly.

"Why would I be? This is not ancient times where honour and pride matters. I'm old but not that old. Besides, I'm at a age where I just want to see Yunho's child, nevermind the middle process." The old woman laughed heartily at her own philosophy and Jaejooong chuckled too. "when's the wedding dear?"

"My father says as soon as possible so whenever you can arrive."

"Ah! Good, good. I was going to press for early wedding too. As progressive as I am, the soceity isn't. I can't stand anyone talking ill about Yunho and now you too."

"You're too kind Halmeoni." Too kind, Jaejoong thought. He felt guilty and dejected. Guilty because he feels he's cheating this nice woman and dejected because this is not what he wanted. It's hitting him gradually. He wants Ilwoo but has to settle for Yunho. Briefly, he felt if he wasn't pregnant than he would still be with Ilwoo and the nice man that Yunho is would marry a person he really loves.

He was cut from his thoight by Jung Halmeoni calling his name. "Why're you quiet all of a sudden? It's okay. Give the phone to Yunho dear." Jaejoong gave Yunho the ohone and went to his room. "Nae Halmeoni? You got the adress I messaged?"

"Just did. Good timing. I'm at a party nearby so I should be there in 2 hours. Need help arranging things?"
"Yoochun and Junsu are on the way to help and Mr Kim has already done most of the arrangements. You just come to the court Halmeoni."

"Have you planned a reception?"

"Not really. Just planning to sign the marriage papers and we'll have a small family dinner here. Jaejoong gets tired easily with..you know."

"Aw! Don't be shy about your own baby. And don't worry about the reception. I want to throw a grand party at the Jung mansion to announce your marriage anf we'll take good care of Jaejoong so he can attend it too. I'll hang up. I left the party. See you soon." She hung up before Jaejoong could protest.

Yunho shook his head at his childish grandmother when Mrs Kim came in. "Joongie said you were talking to your grandmother?"

"Hmmm. She's very excited." Mrs Kim nodded smilingly and placed a box in front of him. Yunho looked at her curiously, "I know you won't have a suit prepared. You can wear this. joongie's appa wore this on our wedding and now you can wear it too." Yunho felt overwhelmed with emotions.

"I...I dont know what to say. Thank..you....I guess?" Yunho felt rears well up. It was so long since he had this motherly affection.

"it's nothing. If you don't wear it Joongie's appa will. he can't let go of old things at all. He has gone to get a suit for himself and Joongie now." Yunho accepted the suit gratefully and Mrs Kim left with a smile.

~~~  

"CONGRATULATIONS!" Everyone cheered at the table while the newly-weds blushed.

"My grandson-in-law is a real looker! You caught a good one Yun." Jung Halmeoni praised. Yunho and JAejoong smiled but Jaejoong's wasn't a real smile.He was out of it since the beginning.

Earlier that day, when Yoochun and Junsu arrived they grilled Yunho and Jaejoong. They didn't like the situation but felt that yunho marrying Jaejoong was the best solution.

Flashback

Junsu pulled Jaejoong to a corner while everyone was bousy with Yunho and Yoochun.

"Jae, Are you sure about this? There has to be another way. We could go to the police."

"it's no use Su. You don't know what kind of power Ilwoo has. Besides...." Jaejoong sighed and Junsu understood. Jaejoong still had feelings Ilwoo to let him go to prison. Even if they were not as  much as before, but the fact that Ilwoo is the first person he has loved, makes him difficult to get over.

"What if he tell his wife?" Junsu suggested.

"From what I've heard about Taemin from Yunho, he's power-mad. I'm scared he could hurt my baby." Junsu opened his mouth to say something but Jaejoong cut him, "Understand Su. Yunho is right. Marrying him would help my parents save face and also help me raise the child. I don't want my child to be without a father and considering how Ilwoo has turned out, I think Yunho would be better."

"I know Jae, but I still can't wrap my head around this. He's willing to marry you and accept someone else's child! I knew he loved you but I didn't know to this extent." Jaejoong only blushed and looked away when Junsu said that.

"I just know I can trust him Junsu. Besides, where would I find a man who accept my child? Yunho doesn't have any ulterior motive like Ilwoo or Taemin. He's only looking out for me selflessly." 

"You're right Jae. But what about both your feelings?"

"It doesn't matter anymore Su. I'll just focus on being a good wife and mother. Whether or not I love Yunho or he loves me is the last thing on my mind."

Junsu couldn't say anything more because Jung Halmeoni was calling Jaejoong to finsih the marriage ceremony.

"So as I was saying, I want to hold a grand celebration back in Soeul to announce the wedding." The elderly Jung told Jaejoong's parents, "it will just be humble gathering at our modest home."

"Halmeoni, there is nothing modest about Your home and nothing humble about your parties." Yunho wanted to discourage his grandmother or at the most get the Kims to reject the idea.

"It's not My home it's ours." She told yunho pointedly, "and since my grandson is so fond of semantics, He's right. It's not small but the Jung Manor is modest. It's our family home so since this is a family celebration, it's only fitting we host it there."

Yunho didn't like this. He found something up. His grandmother was definitely acting suspicious but he knows she won't do anything bad like his uncle or cousin. Yet, he doesn't expect much and he has an inkling that his grandmother is trying to get him that 'much'. He wanted this reception idea to be turned down.

"Whatever Joongie wants." Mr Kim said jovially.

"Since Jaejoong is pregnant, he should know if he can go along with the party or not. We can't decide that." mrs Kim said and turned to Jaejoong. Mrs Jung looked at him too and Jaejoong gave a small smile.

"How can I refuse you Halmeoni." Mrs Jung cheered at getting the green signal and Yunho gulped.

"It's decided then." She turned to Yoochun, "Yoochunnie, I leave all the preparations to you. Make sure the board of directors is also there."

"N-Nae Halmeoni." Yoochun stuttred and Yunho gave him a 'WTF' look which Yoochun responded with a 'you want her to kill me' look.

"And you cutie-!" She pointed at Junsu who was drinking water and choked. "*cough* I'm J-Junsu, Mrs Jung."

"Call me Halmeoni and and I like cutie-. it suits you." Everyone snickered and Junsu's faces glowed red, "You will take care of Joongie and my great grandson. okay?"

"N-nae." Junsu said meekly.

"I didn't hear you~!" Mrs Jung sing-songed.

"I said yes." Junsu repeated again.

"Louder!"

"Yes sir!" Junsu suddenly straightened and saluted. Everyone was silent and then tried to fight thier laughter. It was when Jaejoong's 'stop-break' laughter reached his ears, did he realise. He ran and hid in the bathroom.

~~~

Jiyeon entered the office and placed the files on the table, "these need your attention immediately sir." She told the man behind the desk who was immersed in texting some girl he picked up.

"Aish! I'm not in the mood. Tell Yunho to do it and I'll sign them." Ilwoo shooed her away while reading the naughty text.

"Yunho-ssi has not come to office today." Ilwoo finally looked at her.

"That's odd. That's rare. I wonder if he's sick or something." Ilwoo said to himself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter