Skipping Breakfast

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CH 9

 

Minho did not go home last night. Sulli wasn’t able to get a night’s sleep as she kept tossing and turning wondering where Minho was and whether he’s all right. Sulli sighed as she stirred her coffee.

“Where can he be?”

Could he have drank last night and became overly drunk? If he did… where did he stay the entire night? The bar owner would have kicked him out at some point. Did he sleep on the streets? Oh no…

Last night, Sulli stopped herself from calling Minho. He wanted time alone that’s why he asked her to go home first. But how can he make her this troubled by not showing up this morning?

Sulli did not have appetite to eat breakfast. Even the coffee is not appealing.

Minho must have suffered knowing Ailee went to meet Sulli while she shut Minho off.

Sulli massaged her head, it’s starting to throb.

She took the bread out of the oven toaster and put it inside her bag. She’ll try to eat some later once she has her appetite back.

But for now… Where is Minho?

They’ll be late for the orientation if he doesn’t show up anytime soon.

Sulli dragged herself to the door as she tried to call Minho’s number but he didn’t pick up.

She opened her door ready to search the nearby places for Minho when something fell on the floor as she opened the door.

Sulli’s eyes widened.

It was Minho! It seems he fell asleep on her door last night.

Minho’s eyes opened.

“Don’t tell me you forgot the number combination?” asked Sulli.

“I won’t tell you.” Said Minho in his croaky voice.

“That’s only a five number combination.” Said Sulli in her cold tone.

“I was a bit drunk. I couldn’t make my brain work the way I wanted it.” Said Minho.

Sulli sighed. Her chest is aching at the sight of Minho. And then Sulli sat down in front of Minho.

“Are you… ok?” asked Sulli.

Sulli couldn’t tell Minho how relieved she was that he looked ok. He might need a shower but he’s fine and safe.

Minho smirked.

“My head is throbbing like crazy. But other than that, if I can smell myself correctly, I just need a bath and I’m ready to go.” Said Minho.

Sulli nodded.

“All right.” Said Sulli.

Sulli was going to stand up when Minho grabbed her arm.

“You…” Minho’s brows were closing in. “You did not wait for me last night, right? You did go straight to sleep when you got back home, right?”

That squeeze in her heart…

Sulli’s eyes widened. She immediately looked away and stood up with force.

“Of course.” Said Sulli. “I was tired last night. I fell asleep as soon as I hit my bed.”

Minho’s brows closed in. Why did he suddenly think that she would wait for him?

Minho nodded.

“Good. I don’t want you staying up all night waiting for me.” Said Minho.

That familiar tugging pain…

Sulli faked a laugh.

“That’s not going to happen.” Said Sulli. “Unless it affects Carlito’s of course.”

Minho stood up.

“You’re all about work, are you?” asked Minho.

“My friends call me workaholic.” Said Sulli. “Now, please step into the shower. We need to be ready in fifteen minutes.”

Minho stretched his arms and sighed.

“All right Boss.” Said Minho. “I’ll be ready in ten.”

Minho walked to his room to get his things and then he entered the bathroom. Sulli sighed as she grabbed the nearest chair to her.

Truth is…her knees have gotten weak from the relief of seeing Minho just by her door.

And then his words… it shouldn’t affect her but they do.

“Do I need to see a psychiatrist? Do they have a way to stop yourself from liking your best friend’s ex-boyfriend?”

Of course they don’t. It’s an incurable disease.

Sulli looked at her bread. She still couldn’t get the appetite to eat.

----------------------

Minho kept looking at Sulli. She had that blank expression on her face the entire time they were inside the cab. Earlier when they were leaving the house, she kept forgetting things. Right now her eyes looked weird. It looks a bit swollen than usual and there was a dark shadow under it.

She said she did not wait up for him. That should give him comfort right?

But somehow it made him feel a bit disappointed.

Sulli sighed.

“What exactly are you worried about?” asked Minho.

“Huh?”

“You’ve been spacing out and sighing a lot this morning.” Said Minho.

“Oh…really…”

So he noticed. It must’ve been too obvious.

“If you’re worried that we might be late for the orientation, don’t worry. We have enough time to get there by nine.” Said Minho.

“Umm…yeah.” said Sulli. “I’ll stop worrying.”

And then Sulli faked a smile.

Minho and Sulli reached Carlito’s headquarters. Minho was immediately brought to the conference room to be given a briefing about the company and everything he needs to know as the Ambassador. He was also shown his schedule for the next weeks to come. The entire time, Sulli was just sitting on the chair next to the door. Minho kept looking at her from time to time. She still looked worried about something. She still kept sighing and seems to be in a trance.

And then Sulli started holding her head on her palm.

By the time the script for the commercial was given to Minho, Sulli was gone from the room.

Where did she go?

Minho kept looking at the empty chair wondering if Sulli just went to the toilet. But when she did not return for a long time, Minho excused himself.

Minho looked all around the place and couldn’t find Sulli.

Where did she go? She looked troubled and worried. What is she thinking?

And then he overheard a conversation.

“Yeah, she collapsed by the washroom that’s why we brought her to the clinic.” Said a woman. “She looked so pale. I suspect anemia.”

Minho felt a dreadful feeling all over.

Sulli.

Minho went to the woman who just talked.

“Where is the clinic? Where did you take the woman you saw earlier?” asked Minho.

The woman looked shocked.

“The clinic is over that right turn over there.” Pointed the woman.

Minho hurried his steps to get to the clinic. And when he got there, he immediately saw her.

Sulli Choi.

She was lying on the bed. Her eyes closed. She looked pale. Minho went beside the bed. Sulli has sweat on her forehead. Minho wiped it. She felt cold, really cold.

“What is happening to her?”

“She fell unconscious earlier. She said she got really dizzy.” Said the nurse. “I tried asking her questions to know why she’s feeling that way. Her blood pressure has dropped and it might’ve been triggered by something she already knows.”

“What did she say?” asked Minho.

“She said she skipped breakfast, something that already made her faint before.” Said the nurse

I… can’t go on my day without breakfast. I… get dizzy. The last time I skipped breakfast, I passed out in the middle of a meeting with clients.

Minho suddenly remembered what Sulli said before.

“And also” The nurse sighed. “It seems she wasn’t able to get any sleep last night. That’s why her body couldn’t take it.”

Minho clenched his hand.

“You…You did not wait for me last night, right? You did go straight to sleep when you got back home, right?”

 “Of course. I was tired last night. I fell asleep as soon as I hit my bed.”

She lied. She lied to him. She didn’t want him to know how she waited for him last night. Minho felt that twitch in his chest.

“Do I need to take her to the hospital?” asked Minho

The nurse shook her head.

“Her blood pressure is back to normal now. She’s just resting.” Said the nurse. “Some people can do all-nighters, skip a couple of meals and still end up ok. But for this young lady, it seems she can’t skip a meal if she didn’t get sleep.”

Sulli’s brows moved a bit and then her eyes slowly opened.

“Minho…” she called, more of a moan. “What happened?”

Minho sat on the bed beside Sulli as he touched her hand. Sulli’s hand still felt cold.

“How are you feeling?” asked Minho. “You fainted earlier.”

Sulli looked around and saw the familiar nurse.

“Right…it wasn’t a dream then.” Said Sulli. “I thought it was just a bad dream.”

“Why did you skip breakfast, Sulli?” asked Minho. “I know you value your work but if you’d end up fainting, I don’t think Carlito’s would mind if we were ten minutes late. I could have toasted you something.”

“I…” Sulli wet her lips. “couldn’t eat this morning.”

“Why?” asked Minho.

“I don’t have an appetite.” Said Sulli.

Sulli looked away. She didn’t want Minho to ask her further questions.

“Why?” asked Minho.

Sulli closed her eyes.

“I… don’t know either.” Said Sulli.

Minho noticed Sulli was avoiding looking at him.

There was a long moment of silence.

“You have to go back to the conference room. I’m sure they need to discuss the details of the commercial shoot with you.” Said Sulli.

But Minho d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter