Egg Talk

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

** Surprisingly, my creative juices worked the past days! :D

 

 

CH 20

 

Sulli entered the office reluctantly. Truth is… she doesn’t want to meet Vice President Gia Kim. Their last encounter told her Ms. Gia is not a pleasing person. Sulli would rather hide at home than be here.

But then…

“You might be interested to know that the same position your father used to occupy in Infinity has become open recently.”

Miss Gia made it impossible for Sulli not to come.

Sulli sat across the elegant and sophisticated woman that is Gia Kim. As usual, she looks beautiful and yet strict. Her age only made her more elegant.

“Hi.” Greeted Gia. This time there was a smile on her face.

“Good Morning.” Greeted Sulli.

“I’m glad you could come.” Said Gia.

Sulli smiled.

“I… think it’s important for me to be here.” Said Sulli.

“And I agree.” Answered Gia.

In her long stay in Infinity’s battlefield, Gia had already mastered how to attract weapons for her use. And with this girl… Sulli Choi, Gia will make sure she’s going to use Sulli Choi to the fullest.

“I came here… because you know my father.” Said Sulli.

“I do.” Said Gia. “Because he worked here in Infinity. Actually, he worked for me.”

“Before he left us.” Said Sulli.

“As his Boss, I only knew it was a waste that I lost a very capable man in my group. But yes, I heard he just vanished after taking a woman with him.” Said Gia.

Sulli gripped the arm rest.

“I do not believe he took a woman with him that’s why he left.” Said Sulli.

“Oh… I wasn’t saying I believe the rumor either. I was just saying what people were talking when he left.” Said Gia. “Oliver Choi, your Dad… for me he was a very goal oriented person. That is why I also could not believe he would just resign from work just to be with a mistress.”

Gia’s words cut through Sulli like a knife.

Gia noticed the anger in Sulli’s eyes. The girl is easily provoked.

“That is why I want to hire you… here in Infinity. So that you can find out the truth for yourself. Learn more about your Dad by working for me.” Said Gia.

Gia’s words are like a love potion that wants to make you forget to say No.

“I just started working in Elle… I haven’t stayed long enough there to have it put in my resume.” Said Sulli.

Gia smiled.

“Let Elle go, Miss Choi.” Said Gia. “What’s Elle compared to Infinity? If you leave Elle and go to Infinity, your resume will be something to boast about. Staying in Elle will just make your resume a bit interesting. But putting Infinity there is a sure gold for you.”

Sulli sighed.

If she goes to Infinity… she has the chance to know why her Dad left them…

It haunted her for a very long time. The wanting to find a man that would stay by her side forever started when her Dad left her and her mom. And her heart had been broken a couple of times because of that wanting. No man had ever satisfied her heart’s longing…

For someone to just…

Stay…

Stay with her…

Sulli bit her lip.

But if she goes to Infinity… Her world is surely going to collide with Minho again. And if Gia is going to be her Boss… Sulli would well be on Minho’s enemy side. And Sulli doesn’t want to be enemies with Minho.

“I will think about it.” Said Sulli. “Can you give me three days to think about it?”

Gia smiled.

“I know career moves like this are complicated and would need your assessment. It will dictate your future. I don’t want you to have regrets. So if you need three days, then I’ll give you three days. But be sure to tell me your answer.” Said Gia.

Sulli nodded.

-------------------

Ailee tapped her fingers on the table.

Minho is running late. Ailee has set this appointment since last month, from the time Minho was announced as the heir of Infinity. It was a long time before the meeting pushed through.

Minho arrived wearing his business suit and sat across Ailee. Ailee forgot to breathe for a moment. When will she get used to seeing Minho so formal and dashing like this?

“You are half an hour late and I only have you for an hour.” Said Ailee.

“I apologize. My previous meeting went overtime.” Said Minho casually as if there was no problem at all for his lack of punctuality.

“Minho…” Ailee tried to control her emotions. She wanted so much to hug him… but not here… in a very public restaurant.

“I wish you chose somewhere more private.” said Ailee. “I could have rented the entire place… so that we could talk… wait a minute. Is that why you chose this place? Because you didn’t really want to talk to me?”

Minho sighed.

“I thought we already discussed everything in Jeju, Ailee. The past is over. I don’t go back to what has already ended.” Said Minho.

Ailee wasn’t able to speak for a minute.

“How come you came back to Infinity?” Ailee tried to change the topic. She wants to make this conversation… this moment… as long as possible. Maybe if they spend time together like this, he’d be convinced that his heart hasn’t changed for her after all.

“It’s about time I go back to my real world. The world we used to live in was my make believe world. The past eight years, I was pretending to be an ordinary man living an ordinary life with ordinary dreams to fulfill… having my own café… with the supportive girlfriend who was always there no matter the distance…”

Ailee’s tears started to pool in her eyes.

“But that was over.” Said Minho. “Without any bitterness or anger… Ailee, I think that what happened was the right thing for us. I think it was just right that we separate ways.”

Ailee gripped her cup.

“It was time to wake up from the dream. I am not an ordinary man… I have embraced the fact that I have responsibilities.” Said Minho.

----------------

Sulli dragged her feet towards the restaurant. Ailee called her up this morning, which shocked Sulli. The last time they talked…

Sulli closed her eyes. The last time she talked with Ailee, Sulli confessed that she likes Minho. Ailee was so angry. And Sulli couldn’t blame her. That was also the time Sulli decided to fight for her love…

But now…

Sulli has no face to show Ailee…

Sulli broke Ailee’s trust… and her love for Minho is a failure.

Ailee said she wanted to patch things up with her. Ailee is such a sweet person despite her anger. Maybe she couldn’t bear the situation either. Sulli didn’t have second thoughts. She immediately told Ailee she’d come.

Sulli just had to see her… and try to fix whatever wounds were done between them.

Ailee was and will always be her best friend.

Sulli entered the restaurant and saw a familiar face.

“You.” Said Sulli.

Worry started to coil on Sulli’s stomach.

“Me.” Answered Joo Won. “Why are you here Miss Choi?”

“To eat with a friend. This is… a restaurant isn’t it?” asked Sulli.

Joo Won smirked at Sulli’s sarcasm.

“Yeah… I suggest you go somewhere else though.” Said Joo Won.

That made Sulli’s brows furrow.

“Why? My friend chose to dine here. I don’t see any reason why I need to leave.” Said Sulli.

“Alright.” Said Joo Won. “But don’t tell me I didn’t warn you.”

Joo Won walked on.

Sulli followed and then she saw it. Form a table across the room… was Ailee… with Minho!

Sulli felt her heart beating fast as the sight made her chest ache.

They’re having lunch… together…

Ailee saw Sulli coming. Sulli tried to smile.

Why is Minho here? What is Ailee doing? Why did Ailee invite her and Minho?

“You said you wanted to protect me from your family that is why you can’t come back to Infinity.” Said Ailee. “Don’t you have anything to protect anymore? Is that why you’re back at Infinity?”

Minho clenched his hand.

“I don’t.” said Minho.

“You mean… you don’t have anyone special to you after we broke up?” asked Ailee. “No new love yet? Nobody made you interested?”

Sulli stopped her steps…

She wanted to hear Minho’s answer…

Did her feelings reach him somehow?

“It is something I’d rather keep for myself.” Said Minho.

“I have ways to know Minho. You’re a celebrity. People talk. If you don’t tell me, someone is bound to make gossips and rumors about you. Just like ridiculous rumor about you and Sulli.” Said Ailee. “That’s…. just a rumor right? That… is not for real, isn’t it?”

“No.” Said Minho. “Sulli and I only had a professional relationship. So stop fishing for information. I have nothing to share. My life right now is full of Infinity matters only.”

Sulli wanted to disappear like a bubble at that instant. If only the pain would go away…

Sulli took a couple of steps back.

So this is Ailee’s plan after all. Ailee wanted to show Sulli that Minho really doesn’t like her. Ailee wanted to show Sulli that there is no feelings to fight for. Although Sulli already knew it, hearing the confirmation from Minho is like…

Like nothing she has words to describe.

Joo Won almost closed his eyes at the sight. This will surely be Minho’s headache.

Tsk! He was too careless to even meet with Ailee.

“Man, Come to this restaurant. I need you to give me an excuse to leave. I can’t have anyone seeing me with Ailee. It will open the old rumors about us dating.”

That was Minho’s message earlier today. But why did he even have to accept a meeting With Ailee when he didn’t want to talk to her at all?

“I have to end it once and for all with her.”

That was Minho’s explanation. But it seems it’s not the relationship with Ailee that ended… it could well be Sulli’s.

Joo Won saw the tears falling on Sulli eyes as she walked towards the door of the restaurant.

Should he just let the matter be? If he let Sulli leave the restaurant broken hearted like this, Minho’s problem will end right? He could stop worrying about Sulli appearing in his life and he could focus on Infinity.

Minho might succeed as the CEO of Infinity…

But his heart will be too broken to celebrate it.

Joo Won took a deep breath. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter