END

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 


**Hi My Dear Readers,

How are you?

Wow...

It's been more than two years since I started writing online. A lot has happened in my personal life during the past two years. And a lot also happened in Kpop (specifically to Minsul who gave me the chance to started writing). But through it all, you have supported me in one way or another. 

I'm sorry if I'm too busy lately, I can't make frequent updates. Your patince with me is touching. And I am really thankful that you stayed interested in this story no matter how slow I was in updating. 

This is repetitive but I will repeat it again and again. Thank you so much for reading my stories, not just the on going ones but also my comepleted stories. I still get suprised when I see new comments about my older stories. And it makes me overjoyed when I learn readers who read the stories over and over. I have no idea why you would choose my story to spend your free time. But whatever reason there is, thank you so much! Thank you for subscribing, viewing, commenting and upvoting my story. T T

Woah... I don't know what is going to happen next in my online writing life. I want to take a rest because of how busy my real life is. But I don't want to say good bye again. I have said good bye in the past but came back writing after a month or so. That is why I am only saying..."See you later."

See you later, Guys... I will miss you while I'm not writing. Until the next story. (whenever that'll be.)

 

Love,

Mahogany4

 

 

 

 

 

 

CH 30- END

 

Sulli took a deep breath as Minho’s car entered his family home.

“Johnny said he can’t remember where exactly the room is. But he’s been looking for it since last night. And this morning, he told me he remembered the place where you started to feel lost. Maybe we can start looking from there.” Sad Minho.

The mission today is to find the secret room Sulli and Johnny found the other day. It is where Sulli think she could’ve seen the Ancestor’s book.

“Great. Good thing Johnny’s memory is sharper than mine.” Said Sulli. “You should probably invite him when you have games with Joo Won.”

“Huh?”

“You play chess with Joo Won every now and then right?” said Sulli. “Johnny seems to be the smart type. You should invite him too.”

“Hmm… well not all smart people like chess. You’re smart, My Love. But you don’t like chess.” Said Minho.

“Your Dad likes chess too right. If it runs in the blood, maybe Johnny likes chess too.” Said Sulli.

“Hmm…If he’s interested in chess, I can invite him. Joo Won and I get bored playing with each other sometimes.” Said Minho. “Why did you suddenly thought of chess at the middle of our secret room mission?”

“Huh? Oh… I don’t know I just suddenly thought it would be a good opportunity for you and Johnny to spend time together.” Said Sulli. “You are brothers, but since you didn’t have the opportunity to bond, you aren’t close yet. When you two talk… I don’t feel the same kind of bond you have with Joo Won. It’s just a bit ironic.”

“Yeah that’s true.” Said Minho. “I sometimes feel sorry. I’m too busy lately with Infinity affairs, I don’t get to talk to the kid anymore.”

Minho parked the car.

“Remind me to invite him for chess next week.” Said Minho. “I hope he’s a challenging opponent.”

Sulli smiled. She has to tell Johnny to practice well.

----------------------

Sulli and Minho saw Johnny waiting for them by the study.

“You’re here.” Said Johnny.

“Sorry we’re a bit late.” Said Minho.

Sulli felt anxious. Johnny won’t be happy that she’s involved in this again. This should be his moment with his brother and yet here she is showing her face again.

“Umm... yeah. I’m sorry. I can actually just stay in the living room. And if you need any help from me, you can just call me up.” said Sulli.

“What are you talking about?” asked Minho. “Of course you’re coming with us. You and Johnny were the ones who found the room.”

“Umm… yeah but...”

“You’re coming with us.” Said Johnny. “You were the one who recognized the Ancestor’s Book. It is only right that you come with us in the search.”

Sulli stared at Johnny for a while. Is he sincere in saying she can accompany them?

“I mean we need you in the search, Sulli.” Said Johnny.

Sulli took a deep breath. Johnny seems to be sincere.

“All right.” Said Sulli.

Johnny smiled. That made Sulli relieved.

“Let’s go then.” Said Minho.

Minho walked onwards.

“You don’t have to avoid being around us.” Said Johnny.

“Oh… but I thought…”

“Let me just put it this way…” whispered Johnny. “It seems my brother has no plans of distancing himself from you. Therefore, I have no choice but to bear this situation we are in right now.”

“Ummm so you mean to say…”

“I’m going to try and get accustomed to your presence.” Said Johnny.

Sulli suppressed a giggle. Johnny is indirectly telling her he’s fine with her around.

“Oh, I have news for you.” said Sulli.

“News?” asked Johnny.

“Your brother told me he’s going to invite you for a chess game next week. He has this weekly chess game with your cousin Joo Won. Minho said he’s going to invite you in their game.” Said Sulli.

“Really?” Johnny’s eyes got wide. “I love chess.”

“You have to practice well. I heard Minho is good at it.” Said Sulli.

“Dad and I had been playing almost every day. It’s sort of our bonding.” Said Johnny.

“Great. I’m sure your game next week will be exciting.” Said Sulli.

“Yeah... Thanks.” Said Johnny.

“Thanks?” asked Sulli.

“Yeah. My brother has never invited me in that weekly game. I’m sure you had something to do with him inviting me now.” Said Johnny.

“Oh…”

Johnny chuckled. “You look guilty. Your ears are turning red.”

Sulli touched her ears and got really embarrassed when she felt them hot.

“Hey! You two, what are you chatting about there? We have an Ancestor’s Book to find. Remember our Mission for today?” said Minho.

“Yes! Let’s find that book.” Said Sulli starting to feel the adrenaline of the search.

----------------

Sulli, Minho and Johnny has gone through all the possible places but could not find the painting that opened the secret room’s door.

“This is frustrating.” Said Sulli.

“Hey, cool down.” Said Johnny. “We’ll find it for sure.”

“ Johnny’s right, Sulli. Don’t fret. It’s just around here.” Said Minho.

Minho’s phone rang and he answered it.

“Hey Joo Won. Yeah why? Ummm… yes…what? Who did what? What?” Minhos’ voice seemed to be worried.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” asked Sulli.

Minho ended the call, he’s heaving.

“The stockholders who still had their loyalty with Aunt Gia set up a meeting an hour from now. They’ve called all the stockholders. They’re planning to oust me as CEO and replace me with someone from their group.” Said Minho.

“You have to go back to Infinity, Minho.” Said Sulli.

“That’s right.” Said Johnny. “You have to calm everyone down, brother, especially the ones who have their loyalty with you and Dad.”

“I know I have to go back. But what would I offer them? What can I show them to prove them that I can really lift the company up when I just made it crash the past week?” asked Minho.

Sulli held Minho’s hand,

“Johnny and I will not stop looking. We will look everywhere. We will find that Ancestor’s book.” Said Sulli.

“Sulli and I found that book for a reason. It was no accident. I’m sure we are meant to find that book. That is why you should just go to Infinity and let Sulli and I do the mission here, brother.” Said Johnny.

Sulli smiled as she agreed with Johnny.

“Fine.” Said Minho. “I’m going. But let me know anything that comes up here, all right?”

Sulli and Johnny nodded. Minho went away in a hurry.

“Now… We have to find that book faster and more urgent than ever.” said Sulli.

“C’mon, let’s start from the beginning. We might’ve missed something.” Said Johnny.

“Do we have time to do that?” asked Sulli.

“When you’re lost along the way, the best way to find  a solution is to go back from the start.” Said Johnny.

Those are familiar words.

“Those words… are from my Dad.” Said Sulli.

Johnny nodded.

Johnny grew up with her Dad… it’s as if Johnny is her indirect brother…

“All right.”  Sulli took a deep breath. “Let’s go back then.”

-------------------

Johnny and Sulli went back to the start and started going the direction they went to that night. And then suddenly something made Sulli think. That night, she slipped and held on a painting to prevent herself from falling. Hmm… that night, what made her slip? There must be something that made her slip.

Sulli and Johnny continued searching one of the corridors. There was a piece of carpet on the floor. It seems like this was the carpet that made her slip that night. Then if this indeed is the piece of carpet that made her slip… the painting is just here.

Sulli looked up and saw a painting of a woman. That night, she wasn’t able to see the painting and how it looked like. But this time, she saw the painting and she suddenly felt goosebumps all over. The painting is the same painting on the side of ancestor’s book. It’s the Ancestor’s wife, sitting among the flowers.

“Hey Sulli, hurry. We don’t have much time. Let’s keep going.” Called Johnny, he’s ten steps away from Sulli.

Sulli reached for the painting and pulled it down. As it went down, there was a sound of wood and stone scratching together.

Johnny immediately went back to Sulli.

The wall behind Sulli slowly opened.

Sulli and Johnny both looked astounded.

They just found the secret room!

They were silent for a few seconds.

“Wow…” said Johnny. “How did you do that?”

“Huh?”

“We’ve been going around the house and couldn’t figure it out.” Said Johnny.

“I… don’t know either. I guess, we’re really meant to find it.” Said Sulli. “Let’s hurry. Minho needs us.”

Johnny nodded.

---------------------

Minho entered the meeting. He has done everything he could. He called as many stockholders as he could within his very limited time. He tried to convince them to stay loyal. He tried to make sure they have confidence in his leadership ability. Some made positive response, some did not. The thing is, half of the stockholders under his Dad’s side are mostly out of town or out of the country. They will have a hard time winning this.

Minho has no choice but to rely on the one in heaven, this is one of the uncontrollable moments when he could only rely on prayers.

“Darn it.” Said Joo Won. “They’re already in prison and yet they can still make chaos inside the company.”

Joo Won’s anger over Aunt Gia and Ross is expected. Even Minho feels disgust over their hunger for power. But who is he to complain? Everyone is hungry for power.

“The meeting is starting.” Said Joo Won.

As expected a voting for a new CEO is being suggested. Minho clenched his hand as he saw more hands up than down.

“We’re outnumbered. They planned this. They know most of our allies are not in Seoul this week.” Said Joo Won.

Minho made sure the stress doesn’t show on his face. It’s proving to be a hard task.

“Don’t worry. Something good is going to happen today.” Said Minho.

“Something good?” asked Joo Won. “You can still stay positive?”

“Just believe me, Man.” said Minho.

The voting started. As the votes are casted, Minho received a message. The message made Minho smile as he took the stage.

“Before we continue, let me just make an announcement.” Said Minho. “Most of you are aware of the Legend of the Ancestor’s Book. It is the book written with a lot of medical secrets only our family know about. It was our great doctor ancestor who wrote the book and it had given Infinity success over the years. Unfortunately, the book disappeared a few decades ago. And two generations were not able to recover it. For decades, Infinity struggled in the research and development of new products. Good thing, my Grandfather’s leadership skills which was passed on to my Dad and eventually to me, made the company sturdy and strong. But the search for the book never stopped.”

“As of this very moment, the Ancestor’s book is finally found.” Said Minho.

Everyone was speechless. There was no single sound in the room.

“My family has finally recovered the book we’ve been looking for decades. From now on, research and development of Infinity will be very busy in producing new medicine which will … should I say …umm… rock the world. Infinity is going to soar higher than it ever did.” Said Minho.

Everyone started talking among themselves.

“However, there is a catch.” Said Minho. “The book is not owned by Infinity. It is owned by my family. It is not owned by the stockholders, it is owned by my Dad and passed on to me. Therefore, without our family, Infinity will not be able to use the Ancestor’s book.”

The noise in the room became louder.

“You are the CEO, you should have genuine desire to make the company rise!” said one stockholder.

“I do have concern over the company as the CEO… but since most of you want me out, I felt betrayed. My concern is slowly being replaced by disappointment.” Said Minho. “I may open my own research facility, sell the medicine we produce to some company out there. I can do that now that I have the book.”

“You can’t do that!” said another stockholder.

“Why not?” asked Minho. “The book is my family’s. It is not Infinity’s property. We are free to use it any way we want.”

Joo Won smirked.

“Now then, I guess the voting can proceed.” Said Minho.

“This is a bluff. There is no Ancestor’s book.” Said another stockholder.

“Right! He’s only trying to fool us by giving us a Myth.” Said yet another.

Minho smiled as the door opened. Johnny entered it, he was holding a black bag. He went on stage, opened the bag and revealed something that is covered by black cloth. He opened the cloth and showed everyone what was inside.

Minho showed in the projector the old photo of the book.

“At this very moment, we don’t care anymore if you believe that this is the Ancestor’s book.  It is up to you.” said Minho. “Let the voting continue. I wish to see who is with us and who is against us. Remember, if you are not with us, you are against us.”

Everyone looked shocked.

Minho sat on the seat followed by Johnny.

“Your timing is perfect.” Said Minho.

“It wasn’t me.” Said Johnny. “It was your girlfriend.”

“Sulli?” asked Minho.

“She found the room.” Said Johnny. “Sister in law found the book for our family.”

“Sister in law?” asked Minho.

“Why? She IS going to be my sister in law, is she not?” asked Johnny.

“Umm… yeah. Of course.” Said Minho. “I was just surprised. I thought you might still be a bit awkward with her…”

“Sulli is… a person you can easily like.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter