Under the Fierce Rain

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

** Hi Guys, I realized writing for two stories at the same time is harder than I thought. With my little free time, I have to further divide it into two. And my mind also couldn't focus. I don't think I'm good at this. Just sharing with you my burden. haha, ignore me though. Anyway, I'm sorry for the long wait. I can't promise when I can update this story again. But I will try my best.:D  Thank you for your very warm welcome everyone! I always love my Minsul Readers for your unchanging support. Personally, I still struggle to write Minsul stories. I am not unaffected by reality as you may already know.  But we'll see how it goes. Hwaiting to us all! :D

 

 

Chapter 2

Under the Fierce Rain

 

A handsome man with a great appeal to women of all ages…

His voice masculine, rich and genuine…

Someone who has legitimate knowledge about coffees…

Carlito’s Coffe’s Ambassador is like the perfect Coffee Ambassador.

This is going to be a disaster.

Sulli sighed as she continued to browse through the pages of the models the talent agencies sent her. Nobody seems to fit Carlito’s demands.

“Please Sulli. I really need your help. You’re my savior, right?” said Soyu. “Boss said this is my make or break project. He was so determined to get this contract that he threatened to fire me if I don’t get the right model for Carlito’s.”

Their Boss is normally emotionally composed and doesn’t get angry often. That is why hearing him make a threat like that means he’s already frustrated and is desperate to get the contract. This is not good.

 “All right, let’s make this organized.” Said Sulli. “Let’s short list the models.”

“I already did that exercise on my first meeting with them.” Said Soyu.

“We’ll go through all of them again. We can’t miss anyone. There’s two of us doing it now. So we’ll both make sure we check each tiny detail about each model.  I also called three more model Agencies, they sent me their model profiles. Let’s include them in the review.” Said Sulli.

---------------------

Sulli yawned. It was five in the morning. Soyu had fallen asleep. Good thing Sulli was able to finish the last two out of the hundreds they reviewed last night. They are now left with ten shortlisted candidates.

Ten men… they all seemed to be ok. She just needs to interview them to hear their voice and to know their coffee background, their profiles did say they know something about coffee.

But something inside Sulli doesn’t feel right, there’s that nagging feeling that tells her everyone in her list lacks something that Carlito’s need.

Sulli shook her head. She has to stop thinking that they aren’t perfect. She has to stop thinking that there’s a perfect guy out there somewhere…. Out there in Paraiso Café…

Sulli sighed.

She has to stop this lunacy.

Sulli typed Paraiso café Korea in her google search. She found a website. It seems Minho had put an effort into creating a webpage for the café.  It was cute and the feel was the same with the café. It felt cozy and beach like.

Sulli went to the description and how the café started. It seems Minho travelled to different countries in the past and fell in love with different kinds of coffee while he was travelling.

Wow… what was his job  that made him travel to different countries? Ailee did not mention his career before his own café.

And then there was a short video clip of Minho greeting everyone and inviting them to visit Paraiso Café…

His voice was enough to melt a woman’s bones, his smile can make the heart beat fast… his aura and appeal was shinning and glowing…

This is…

It is…

PERFECT.

Sulli hit her forehead with her fist.

This should stop. Right now.

Why did she even type Paraiso Café in that google search anyway?

ARGGGG!

She will get the top 3 models and she will present it to Carlito’s Coffee executives. They will get the contract and she will forget everything that ever happened between her and Minho.

She can’t even remember a thing that happened. So she can effortlessly move on from it.

Right?

Sulli sighed. Her career is going down if she misses this project. She can’t afford that.

--------------------------

Sulli stood in front of Carlito’s Coffee Executives. She only had a few minutes to present and so she went straight to introducing the three models she chose. She introduced model #1 who was a barista for two years for starbucks. He had done modelling while being a barista. His voice is masculine. He is pretty good looking. Sulli is pretty confident with model #1.

“He lacks height.” Said the woman executive. “He’s only 5’5”.

Sulli is trembling inside. Model #1 is down. Model #2 is taller. He’s 5’11’”. This for sure will make the cut.

Sulli presented model #2, a familiar commercial model for different products.  Again, Sulli is confident with this guy.

“We need someone who is a raw talent. If he’s already a familiar face for different brands, he can’t be Carlito’s Ambassador. People would associate him not only on Carlito’s Cofffee but also on other brands. We need someone who will exclusively endorse Carito’s.” Said the executive.

Sulli wet her lips. She’s nearing hysterical inside. But she kept her face smiling.

“We have another model which fits your need perfectly.” Said Sulli.

Model #3 is a coffee lover and a coffee enthusiast. He is Korean but he grew up in New York. He came back to Korea last month to pursue modelling in Korea. He is fluent in Korean and is the perfect look, tall and handsome. Perfect.

“Hmm…” the executive smiled.

That’s a good sign.

“You worked pretty well, Miss. Choi.”

Really good sign.

“However.”

Oh No…

“There is something about him which I don’t think fits Carlito’s. For some reason, I don’t feel the Carlito’s vibe in him.”

What does she mean?

“This man is handsome, very good looking. He speaks well on the video you presented. Everything about him fits the description we sent your company. However… Carlito’s image is homely coffee drinking, it’s like a café which feels like home when you go there or just buy the coffee. The coffee we have does not taste commercial, it tastes like it’s blended especially for you. That’s the difference of Carlito’s with brands like Starbucks.”  Said the executive.

The other executives nodded.

 “I agree.” said the male executive. “I don’t know how women see men but… this model seems to look very commercial. He seems to be the type who will endorse products like Rolex but would not be relatable to a product like a local Korean noodle. Carlito’s is a traditional Coffee house.”

Sulli’s chest sank. This is the worst feeling ever.

Ever.

Her career is going down. Sulli looked around and saw her Boss’ head down. Soyu’s eyes started to water. And she could see her world falling apart.

“You did a good job. I’m sure you spent sleepless nights just to make a second presentation to us. We appreciate your effort. However, I think that Carlito’s entry into the Korean market is a crucial move for the company and therefore we can’t make a mistake of choosing the Ambassador. We will surely tap your help  again in the future if we ever need of a new advertising campaign.”

Carlito’s is rejecting them.

Soyu went towards the door crying.

They need to stay Professional, they can’t show these emotions towards the clients but Soyu is going to lose her job, Sulli can’t help but also feel helpless.

“I…” said Sulli. “want to  show you something if you can still spare me two minutes of your time.”

Sulli’s Boss head slowly went up.

Sulli took a deep breath.

“I think that it’s going to be worth your time.”

“Go on.” said the executive.

“Actually a few days ago…I went to a local café in the suburbs. It’s a really cozy and warm café that gives you the feeling that you’re just in a villa near the beach. It was relaxing and homely. I will just show you what I mean.”

Sulli went to Paraiso Café’s wesite. All attention went to the screen. There were pictures of the café and the menu too.

“Interesting list.” Said the male executive. “An international menu in a local suburb café.”

And then Sulli went to the introductory video of Minho.

“This man is the owner of the Café.” Said Sulli.

Minho wore the long sleeved shirt he usually wear with the black apron tied on his waist.

“Hi. Welcome to Paraiso Café.” Said Minho, his voice so velvety manly and low that it made Sulli get goose bumps. And then he smiled. Sulli looked away. Why is she feeling weird?

“I was a world traveler before. In my travels, I learned to love coffee and started having the desire to learn more about it. I studied coffee blending and making from different experts until I have created my own blends and unique taste. Paraiso Café is all about making you feel relaxed and at home.”

The woman executive smiled and nodded.

“It is designed to make you feel taken care of. Our menu is chosen for Korean taste but we’ve infused some international blends. We have our menus but we would love it if you requests drinks, we will blend it for you and blend it especially for your unique taste. We also promote local products and so you will be able to taste the freshest milk and pastry ingredients from Paraiso.”

Sulli took a peak of the screen. Minho then stretched his arm as the screen zoomed out to show the entire café on his background.

“Welcome to Paraiso Café. We’d love to see you soon.”

And then the video ended.

Sulli held her breath.

The room was silent.

“Ms. Choi.” Finally said the female executive. “Why were you hiding this? This… is perfect! Paraiso Café’s image and design is almost like Carlito’s. And this man… this man is P-E-R-F-E-C-T.”

“This man doesn’t look commercialized but has the characteristics we’re looking for in an Ambassador. He’s very knowledgeable in coffees and looks credible.” Said the male executive.

“He has the appeal we’re looking for. He has the appeal for Class A up to Class C. And I don’t even care about his height. He speaks well too, his voice is perfect for commercials we will be shooting in the future.” Said the female executive. “Plus, he is a fresh face, perfect for the Ambassadorship.”

Sulli had mixed feelings about this. There is dread, hope and confusion.

What will she do now? Apparently, the executive has the same reaction about Minho upon seeing him. And the video only did half the justice. He looks totally better in person!

“He has his own café though.” Said the female executive.

“I don’t see that as a problem.” Said the male executive. “We can sponsor the café or even use the café to promote our coffee in his area.”

Everyone nodded. Except Sulli.

“All right. We will give you the contract.” Said the executive.

What?

“We will give you the contract, Please prepare the contact signing next week. Make sure the model is there so that we can include him on the event.” Said the executive.

Oh No… what just happened?

Sulli clenched the chair beside her.

Sulli’s Boss stood up.

“For sure, we will make sure he’s there on the event.” Said Sulli’s Boss. “Miss Choi will make sure that will happen.”

“Miss Choi? That means Me right?” thought Sulli.

This

Is

Not

Happening…

---------------------

Soyu entered Paraiso Café, she was instructed to go there on a Thursday when the café is closed. Soyu entered the café when the door wasn’t locked and then she stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter