Collin's Announcements

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

**Hi Everyone, I'm sorry that it's taking a long time for me to update this story. Please be patient with me and hang int here as we near the ending. Only 2 more chapters after this! :D

 

 

CH 28

Lyn cooked the food she knew Minho liked when he was younger. Minho’s taste might’ve changed through time but hopefully he still looks forward to his Mom’s cooking.

“Wow… This Beef soup is the best.” Said Minho. “I miss this taste. Even when I go to restaurants there is nothing that can come close to this “

“Yes, it’s really tasty and really good.” Sulli agreed.

“Mom cooks this on special occasions.” Said Johnny.

“It’s your brother’s favorite, Johnny. I cook it on special occasions so that we could always feel Minho’s presence on special occasions.” Said Lyn.

Minho smiled.

“It’s my favorite indeed. It’s been a long time since I last had this.” Said Minho.

There was a long moment of silence.

“So… Sulli, Minho…how did you two meet?” asked Oliver.

“Oh…” Sulli suddenly felt embarrassed.

“It’s a very complicated story.” Said Minho. “Something we’ll reserve on special occasions. We’ll make sure it’ll keep everyone awake for the night.”

Sulli giggled.

How can they tell that Minho is Sulli’s Bestfriend’s Ex? And how can they say Minho had been stalking Sulli with his initial intention of using her against Oliver Choi?

Nah…

Of course they can’t just tell that to their parents over dinner on their first night of being reunited.

“Oh, Mr. Minho…. I mean… um… Can I call you something less formal like… umm… Big brother? Or brother?” asked Johnny, a bit nervously.

Minho nodded.

“Of course. It’s weird for brothers to call each other with Mister.” Said Minho.

“Great.” Said Johnny. Johnny took a scoop of vegetables.

“Uncle and I went to buy fresh vegetables earlier. You should try this.” Johnny put the scoop on Minho’s plate.

“Oh… thanks.” Said Minho

Minho tried the vegetables.

“It’s nice.” Said Minho.

“We know some people who plant their own vegetables.” Said Oliver. “That’s why it’s really fresh.”

Sulli tried the vegetables too and agreed.

“They’re really good.” Said Sulli.

Sulli then put a scoop of spicy chicken on Minho’s plate.

“You’d love this.” Said Sulli.

Minho tried it.

“Wow… it’s yummy!” Minho’s eyes got really big.

Sulli took a tissue napkin and wiped the sauce off Minho’s lip.

“It almost tastes like your favorite chicken back in Seoul.” Said Sulli.

“Yeah.” Said Minho, with amazement on his voice.

“I’m surprised you like spicy food now.” Said Lyn.

“Yeah. I love spicy chicken.” Said Minho.

“I like it too.” Said Sulli.

“I’ll be sure to prepare more of that in the future.” Said Lyn.

Sulli saw Johnny smirk. Why did he smirk? Did he hear something he did not like?

Sulli brushed the thought away.

“It’s probably nothing.” Thought Sulli.

------------------------

Sulli stayed in her father’s house. It was a very cozy house like Lyn’s. It was really warm and the arrangement of the furniture reminds her of home.

“Mom would be glad you chose floral curtains.” Said Sulli referring to the curtains on the living room window.

“Yeah… I’m sure she’ll be happy. I bought that curtain the moment I saw it.” Said Oliver. “It reminds me of your mom.”

Sulli’s eyes narrowed.

“Dad… ermmm….a question has been bugging me.” Said Sulli.

“You can ask me anything.” Said Oliver.

“Umm… well….After all these years, have you not fallen in love with Lyn Choi? She’s a very beautiful woman and you’ve been almost always together the past years.” Said Sulli.

Oliver sighed as he went to prepare tea for him and Sulli.

“Don’t get me wrong… I’m just curious. I’m not doubting your faithfulness.” Said Sulli.

“Lyn and I… had been through a lot together. Our lives had been in danger many times and we’ve made it through alive together each time. We started simple lives away from who we were before. We did that together. It was easy to fall in love. It was easy to forget the world we left behind.” Said Oliver.

Sulli felt her knees weak. Her Dad… seemed to have feelings for Lyn.

“But God has been good to us. He made sure Johnny was always in the way. His presence in everything made us always remember that Lyn is married to Collin and I too have a child of my own.” Said Oliver. “For me… Lyn is like a soul mate. Somebody I will always treat as a special friend, someone close to heart. But your mother… will remain to be the only wife I’ll have in life. She’s for me… the other half of my heart. Since I left her, I don’t think my heart has been the same.”

“Dad…”

Oliver’s words melted Sulli’s heart. She went to her Dad and embraced him.

“Mom would be happy to hear that. She’s been sickly the past years. I’m sure she’s missing you a lot.” Said Sulli.

“Soon. I will see her again soon.” Said Oliver.

Sulli broke free of the embrace and took a step back.

“Soon?” asked Sulli.

“Collin has made instructions.” Said Oliver. “Lyn, Johnny and I are to go back in Seoul. Our flight is scheduled 3 hours earlier than your flight with Minho.”

“You… are coming back to Seoul?”

“Yes.”

“But Dad… you were hiding for the longest time for a reason right?” said Sulli.

“Now that you and Minho had found me and Lyn, the enemies will soon find out where we are. It is only a matter of time before the truth comes out.” Said Oliver. “Johnny will be formally introduced to Infinity.”

“And you? How about you Dad? How about the crime you witnessed?” asked Sulli.

“It is now close to 15 years since the time of the crime. If I don’t come out and testify before the 15 year lapses, the criminals can no longer be punished. If I want to clear off my conscience, now is my last chance to fight for the truth.” Said Oliver.

“Are you sure about this Dad?” asked Sulli.

“The past years, I have never had a peaceful night sleep. I have always wanted to reveal the truth. But I couldn’t…. I was too afraid that something might happen to you and your Mom. But now with Collin and also Minho’s protection, I am more positive that I can do it.” Said Oliver.

Sulli felt more nervous than she ever felt in her life.

“Listen to me carefully, Sulli. Once we come back to Seoul, I need you to get your Mom and bring her to Seoul. I will make sure there is protection for you and your Mom there.” Said Oliver. “I need you two close. And also… Minho needs you close by his side. Once Johnny is introduced, we don’t know how the enemies will react. For sure they will come out with a counter attack. Minho would be the easiest prey because he had shown his weakness.”

Sulli felt guilty all of a sudden.

“It is not just because of you, Sulli.” Said Oliver. “Minho is the heir of Infinity. He’s been a target of attacks since he was young. Now that Collin is older, the risk is higher for Minho. That is why… he would need an anchor that can support him emotionally.”

“And that’ll be me.” Said Sulli.

Oliver nodded.

“Yes.” Said Oliver.

-----------------------

And the wheel started turning fast as soon as Minho and Sulli reached Seoul.

Sulli went to get her Mother in the province and brought her Mom to Seoul. She had to transfer to a more secured house with her Dad. The reunion of her Mom and Dad was beyond emotional. It was as if no words were needed as they hugged each other crying. There was no explanation why he left because Sulli had already told her Mom everything. Minho helped in the entire process. Sulli’s Mom is still not as healthy and active as other people, but now that Oliver is back, she seemed to have garnered good energy to keep trying to be healthier.

Collin apologized to Minho for all the lies he made in the past. Truth is, Minho still couldn’t forgive his Dad completely for robbing his time with his Mom for the past years… but whenever he sees Johnny, he feels as if his Dad’s decision was right…. Somehow right…. The overwhelming happiness of being with his mom again somehow lessened the anger he feels for his Dad. But the pain he caused him remains in his heart…

After a week of being back in Seoul, Collin haven’t seen Lyn and Johnny yet. They were in hiding. It was too risky to make the enemies learn of their existence in Seoul without proper security around them yet.

Minho tapped his fingers on the chair as nervousness, excitement and all mixed feelings boiled up inside him.

“Soon… very soon the whole world will finally see our entire family together.” Said Collin.

It was a company event. This is the event where Lyn’s return would be announced together with Johnny’s introduction to Infinity.

“I’m sure the night is going to be dramatic.” Said Minho, already imagining their relative’s reactions.

Sulli opted not to go to the event. As much as she can, she needs to stay out of the limelight.

“Everyone, it’s time.” Collin stood up from his seat and went to the podium.

“Good Evening.”

Everyone went silent. Collin almost never give speeches anymore. It was usually just Minho giving speeches since the time he returned to Infinity. That is why all attention went to Collin when he spoke.

“There are two big things I am going to share with you. One is of great joy and one is a big challenge that awaits our company.” Said Collin.

Everyone went still. Collin’s first words were so mysterious.

“First, as many of you know, my wife went out of Infinity years ago. It was a very long time of her absence and my family had gone through a lot during those years. But I am thankful that finally the time for her return has come.”

Everyone looked shocked! Gia and Ross looked the most uncomfortable of all.

“Yes, my wife Lyn Choi is back together with the reason why she had to leave. Please all welcome, my wife Lyn and my second son, Johnny Choi!”

The Main door opened and the spotlight went to the woman escorted by a teenager boy walking inside the Event hall. The woman looked pretty and young for her age. She wore a black dress and smiled while waving at everyone. The teenager guy wore a tuxedo. He looked handsome and clean just like some teenage idols in the entertainment industry. He smiled as he fixed his eyes on the stage.

The two of them went up the stage. Collin wiped his eyes as he embraced his wife and son tight. He seems to be controlling his emotions.

“I’m sorry…” whispered Collin. “For letting you go through everything without me around.”

Collin closed his eyes tight.

“I’m sorry that you have to be born and get involved in this family because of me. If I had a choice, I would have wanted to give you a simpler yet more peaceful life.” Collin opened his eyes and looked at Minho. “Then I would not have caused you too much pain and suffering… then I would have made you all… happier.”

Collin pulled back.

“You don’t have to blame yourself, Honey.” Said Lyn. “You did what you thought was needed to be done. And I agreed to do it for our son… Like you… I owe Minho more than an apology… ”

Collin nodded as he kissed Lyn’s head.

“I missed you, Honey.” Said Collin. “So much.”

Lyn tried to hide her tears but Minho saw it.

Minho looked away feeling like he might cry over a romantic scene, not very manly. But it’s his parents… and it’s been so long since he last saw them this lovey dovey.

Collin went back to the podium composing himself.

“Many of you are sure shocked by this family reunion. I hope you would wish us well. There is a lot of catching up to do and I hope you would all give us the space we need to do that.” Said Collin.

Jae Hyun sat two tables from the stage. He is shocked that Lyn Choi would return like this and more so that she was actually hiding a second son! Collin’s son!

So this is what Collin has been planning all along, to shock everyone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter