Jeju Reunion

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

***Hi Everyone, Sorry for this very late update. The past weeks had been the busiest weeks from what I could remember from the time I started this job. It was very exhausting and I could not find the energy nor the will power to write much. I'm really sorry about this. :(

As most of my frequent readers would notice, this story is reaching its . We are only left with more or less 4 chapters. Things are starting to get revealed and truths will be explained as chapters go by. 

Thank you for your unwavering support and patience on me. As some of you would know, I only intended this sotory to be a one shot (yes, a cliffhanger one shot that would leave the next scenes to the readers's imagination.) But becasue of your love and support, this story has now reached 27 chapters! And it could possibly reach up to 31 chapters. It is only thanks to your interest, love, support and patience. I was only trying to check if I could still get motivation to write about Minsul despite their personal situations in real life. But you have proven me that my motivation isn't on the personal situations between Minho and Sulli. It's on your (my reader's) continuous encouragement. 

I think I said this countless times before, thank you for reading my stories. Thank you for taking time to appreciate it and even re-reading past stories. You don't know how  it makes me feel to read your comments. Thank you for following me on twitter, posting comments, subscribing, sending personal messages on facebook, wattpad, asianfanfics (here) and twitter. Thank you so much for making this fanfiction wirting journey a nice memory and a great experience. I gained new friends through this and I have received a lot of love from all of you. 


I hope to see you all around.  :D

 

Lovelots, 

Mahogany 4

 

 

 

CH 27

 

Jeju?

“We’re going to Jeju?” asked Sulli walking beside Minho.

They’re no longer hiding. After Minho’s TV interview, walking together on the hallways of Infinity is no longer something to be afraid of for Minho and Sulli. However, all eyes were on them. It’s as if the people in Infinity became a shipping fandom. They watch as the two talked and walked together.

“Yes. I booked a flight for 6PM.” Said Minho.

“Why are we going there?” asked Sulli.

Sulli held Minho’s arm stopping him from walking.

“Is this about your mom? Did you find out anything?” asked Sulli.

Minho turned to Sulli and nodded.

“I got a photo of the woman Ji Hyun mentioned. The investigator I hired personally took the photo for me.” Said Minho. “Although she looked a bit older… I’m sure that’s my mom.”

Sulli held her chest.

“That’s... great…” said Sulli. “I’m so happy for you.”

Sulli hugged Minho tight.

“I’m so glad that you can finally see her.” Said Sulli.

“And I hope we see your Dad soon too.” Said Minho. “I won’t be completely happy if it’s just me who’s going to find my mom. Remember? You are my mirror.”

Minho and Sulli heard a coughing sound. Sulli immediately moved back.

“Although you have admitted on national TV that you’re together. It is still not right to do a public display of affection in the premises of the office.” Said Jae Hyun. “Just think of the gossips that will swirl around.”

“Jae Hyun…”

Minho pulled Sulli behind him.

“What do you want?” asked Minho.

Jae Hyun smirked.

“You don’t need to protect her in front of me. I won’t do anything to hurt her.” Said Jae Hyun.

“You are together with the people who are waiting to bite my neck. How can I be sure you won’t hurt the person who’s most important to me?” asked Minho.

“I won’t hurt her. Because she’s also the most important person to me.” Said Jae Hyun.

This feeling is familiar…

Sulli could be in a fairytale, two prince fighting for her. But this is no fairytale. This is Infinity!

“Stop this.” Said Sulli.

“I came here because I promised Sulli an information about her Dad.” Said Jae Hyun.

“We do not need your help on this.” Said Minho.

“Jae Hyun is trying to help.” Said Sulli. “Please Minho… let’s hear what he has to say.”

Minho clenched his hands on his side. Jae Hyun’s presence is irritating.

“What did you find out?” asked Sulli.

“I came here to give you this.” Jae Hyun handed an envelope.

Sulli opened it.

“Those are the flight details of Lyn Choi and Oliver Choi. They left on the same day towards Australia. The next day, Collin Choi also left the country. Everyone thought he was just at home crying his heart out. But he was actually in Australia and he booked at the same hotel Lyn and Oliver went to.” Said Jae Hyun.

“What do you mean…” Sulli tried to put two and two together.

“My Dad knew where my mom was.” Said Minho.

“Yes. You got it. Collin Choi knew where Lyn and Oliver Choi were.” Said Jae Hyun. “From the beginning, he knew where those two were.”

“Bu…but… why did he hide it from everyone? Even from Minho?” asked Sulli.

“Do you know why a lot of people is afraid of Collin Choi? Even the directors of this company are trembling whenever Collin calls for them.” Said Jae Hyun. “It’s because Collin is known to be a tough man. He can crush anyone and do just about anything, even the impossible. There is a reason why Collin never told anyone about Lyn and Oliver’s whereabouts. But I’m sure it’s because he has a plan. And whatever that plan is, everyone in Infinity are biting their nails anxious to find it out.”

“Wait… Minho… earlier, you told your Dad we’re going to Jeju right?” asked Sulli.

Minho nodded and then his eyes got wider.

“Get your bag Sulli. There is no time to prepare any luggage. We need to run to the airport now and catch the earliest flight. If Dad is hiding Mom and your Dad, we can’t give them time to move out of Jeju. We can’t lose them again.” Said Minho.

Sulli nodded.

---------------------------------------

Sulli and Minho rushed through everything. They did not bring any luggage with them as they went to the airport. They were able to get a flight in less than half an hour and were able to reach Jeju three hours before they originally planned.

“Let’s hope we’re not too late.” Said Minho.

Sulli held Minho’s hand.

“We’ll see them.” Said Sulli. “I can feel it. This time… we’ll see them.”

Minho nodded.

Sulli’s positive energy is contagious. He can see it in her eyes, her certainty.

“All right. Let’s make sure we find them.” Said Minho.

After arriving at Jeju, Minho and Sulli went straight into their search. They took a cab and went to the address that was specially given to him by his investigator. It took less than an hour to get there. It was a simple medium sized house. There was nothing special, it didn’t stand out.

“A perfect place to hide.” Said Minho.

Sulli nodded.

Minho took a deep breath.

“We finally made it this far.” Said Minho.

He went to the door and rang the doorbell several times.

But nobody opened the door.

“Could they have left already? Would Dad have warned my mom that we’re coming?” asked Minho.

Sulli tightened the hold on Minho’s hand.

“You are right when you said we made it this far. We’ve been trying to find ways to look for them. That is why, until the very last strand of hope is gone, we will continue to be positive in this.” Said Sulli. “Let’s ask the neighbors. Maybe your Mom just went out.”

Minho closed his eyes for a second.

“Yes. You’re right.” Said Minho. “This is not the right time to be pessimistic.”

Minho then walked towards the neighbor’s door and rang the doorbell. After a few times of ringing their doorbell, somebody went out to check on them.

“We are actually looking for your neighbor. We just want to ask if they’re coming home today. It’s just pretty urgent.” Said Minho.

“Oh… sorry I have no idea if they’re coming home.” The neighbor kept looking at Minho and Sulli suspiciously.

“We came from Seoul.” Said Sulli.  “We heard of the great cakes the owner of the house makes. It is our grandmother’s dying wish to taste her cake. Our grandmother… is going to die anytime soon.”

Sulli bit her lip with the sudden lie that she had to make.

“Oh…” The neighbor suddenly looked worried.

“You should have gone to her bakeshop instead of her house then. She frequently goes to the bakeshop to check them.” Said the neighbor.

“Yes right. But since we don’t frequently go here in Jeju, we didn’t know how to find her bakeshop. We just got her address from… a family friend.” Said Sulli.

“All right, I’ll tell you where to find the bakeshop.” Said the neighbor.

Minho and Sulli both felt relieved.

“Yes please. Thank you so much.” Said Sulli.

-----------------

The bakeshop was very cozy… it was warm looking that sends the feeling of being relaxed. It reminded Sulli of Minho’s café in the suburb. It has a very similar feel.

Minho and Sulli entered the bakeshop. Sulli could feel her heart beating fast. She’s so nervous she could feel her hands getting numb from being cold. But Sulli isn’t alone. She could feel Minho’s trembling hand of hers. He’s for sure more nervous than her.

This is the day he’ll finally meet his mom again.

“Hi, welcome to ‘My Prince Bakeshop’.” Said the lady by the cashier.

“Hi.” Said Minho.                             

Minho was looking around. He’s observing every little detail of the bakeshop. His eyes were narrowed.

“This…” said Minho. “Really feels like Mom.”

Sulli smiled.

“This is her style.” Said Minho.

Sulli could see the tears on Minho’s eyes threatening to fall.

Sulli smiled and then she went to cashier.

“I’m here to see Ms. Lyn… the owner of the bakeshop. Is she here?” asked Sulli.

“Oh… Sorry, she’s not here today.” Said the cashier.

Sulli sighed.

“Does she have a contact number?” asked Sulli. “It’s very urgent. We came from Seoul and we really need to talk to her.”

“Umm… let me see what I can do, Miss.” the cashier lady turned to go to the office inside the bakeshop.

“Wait Miss, let her know it’s Minho Choi who’s looking for her.” Said Sulli.

The cashier nodded as she went in.                                                                                                                                          

Sulli and Minho waited for a few minutes. And then they were served slices of strawberry shortcake.

“We didn’t order anything.” Said Minho.

“It’s a treat for the two of you.” said the waitress.

“Oh… wow.” Said Sulli.

“It’s from the owner.” Said the waitress. “She told me you’d like it.”

Sulli looked at Minho. She saw Minho’s eyes staring at the cake. And then he tried it.

“It’s the same.” Said Minho. “The same cake she used to bake for me when I was younger.”

Minho’s eyes were all cloudy as if reminiscing an old memory.

Sulli held Minho’s hand and smiled.

“We’re almost there.” Said Sulli.

And then the cashier girl went out of the office.

“Did she answer?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter