Other side of the mirror

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

*Yup, things are getting complicated in this story. Even my head is spinnning already. But after a few chapters, things will be less complicated as backstories get revealed.  :D

 

 

CH 23

 

Sulli’s hands were shaking as she entered her house. She barely made it to the sofa. She literally fell on it hard.

The words from Uncle Andy still rang in her ears.

“Yeah. The one involving him and the CEO’s wife. That was a big scandal. Everyone was banned from talking about it… It was rumored that they eloped together leaving their own spouses and children.”

Her Dad left her and her mom for a woman? And that woman is no other than… Minho’s Mom?

Sulli bit her lip hard. It was so painful. When she was younger she knew that her Dad’s betrayal is a big possibility. It was highly possible that her Dad left them for a woman. But there was a hope in heart that her Dad left for another reason.

Later on in life, Sulli had thoughts like her Dad must’ve just gotten into an accident and couldn’t go home. But now…

With everything that Andy So said…

I even saw him and the CEO’s wife once in a restaurant having lunch together. I also don’t believe in the rumors 100%. But your Dad and the CEO’s wife disappeared on the same day. Someone from the company even saw them in the airport together.

How can she not be affected like this?

So everyone in the company thinks this way isn’t it?

Everyone thinks her Dad betrayed his family for the CEO’s wife.

But why? Of all women… why is it Minho’s Mom? Why is fate playing tricks so harshly? Why would it place her and Minho in this situation? With their parent’s past… why did fate allow them to fall in love with each other?

Why… is life so complicated.

Sulli felt warmth on her lips. She opened her eyes and saw Minho sitting next to her.

“You look tired.” Said Minho.

Sulli tried to smile.

“Yeah… it was a tiring day.” Said Sulli.

“Were you able to meet Uncle Andy?” asked Minho.

Sulli tried to look natural. Minho is really concerned over her. He knew how important it is for her to know her father’s whereabouts.

“Ummm, yeah. I did.” Said Sulli.

“Did you learn anything helpful?” asked Minho.

Sulli bit her lip.

“He told me a lot of things. It’s nice to hear stories about my Dad.” Said Sulli. “My Dad was quite a workaholic.”

“Now we see where your workaholic character comes from.” Said Minho.

Sulli giggled.

“Yeah.” Said Sulli.

“Did he tell anything about where your Dad could be?” asked Minho.

Sulli shook her head.

“He doesn’t have an idea where Dad is.” Said Sulli.

“That’s unfortunate.” Said Minho. “How are you feeling right now? Are you disappointed?”

Sulli squeezed Minho’s hand.

“No, I’m fine, Minho. I’m going to take this slowly but surely.” Said Sulli.

How will Minho react once he finds out about the rumor… doesn’t he know the rumor?

“About your Mom…” said Sulli. “She also left you and your Dad right?”

Minho nodded.

Does he know?

“Did you…” Sulli took a deep breath. “… ever try looking for her?”

Minho opened his hand to enclose it on Sulli’s.

“Yeah, how can I not look for her? She’s my Mom. I didn’t want her to leave. I have desperately looked for her when I was younger.” Said Minho.

Sulli felt her heart beating fast. She looked away. She felt guilty to even open up the topic.

“What did you learn about her back then?” asked Sulli.

Minho sighed. He could see the confusion in Sulli’s eyes.

“A lot of things… things I wish I never knew.” Said Minho. “Mom loved my Dad very much. Dad loved her too like she’s more important than Infinity. But Infinity’s gruesome world took a toll on their relationship. After some years, my Dad neglected my Mom… and she felt alone pretty much the last years of being together with my Dad. My mom… was rumored to have found a lover in the company.”

Sulli’s eyes widened.

Minho knew about the lover!?

“According to the rumors, my Mom left with that man.” said Minho. “That man… took my Mom away from us.”

Sulli couldn’t look straight at Minho. That man… must’ve been her Dad…

“That man…” said Sulli.

“Was also married.” Said Minho. “He also had a family.”

Sulli couldn’t bear this conversation anymore. What if Minho finds out about her connection with that man?

“That’s… sad.” Said Sulli, trying to control her tears. “That’s very painful for the families who were left behind. I can’t… even put into words how painful and miserable they have made their families go through.”

Minho put his arms over Sulli’s shoulders.

“Take a rest now, Sulli.” Said Minho. “It was a long day for you.”

Sulli nodded.

--------------------

Minho stared at the wall sighing when Joo Won entered his office.

“You look like a man who lost his lottery ticket after finding out he won the jackpot.” Said Joo Won.

Minho sighed deeper.

“The acquisition for Elle is going well after our intervention with the CEO. What’s making you sigh like you’re upset?” asked Joo Won.

“You know the rumors about my Mother right?” said Minho.

Joo Won nodded.

“What about it?”

They haven’t talked about it for a long time. Why did Minho suddenly open it up?

“It seems Sulli has found it out.” Said Minho.

“Sulli… how?” asked Joo Won.

“It was my fault. I allowed her to talk to Uncle Andy. I couldn’t hide it from her. When I see how much she wanted to know what happened to her Dad I can’t deny her of what she needs to know.” Said Minho.

“That’s… crazy.” Said Joo Won. “When Sulli entered Infinity because she wanted to find her Dad, it was the only time I learned she was Oliver Choi’s daughter.”

Joo Won sat in front of Minho.

“So… umm… Did she tell you she already knew your Mom and her Dad went away together?” asked Joo Won

“No she didn’t. I think she was trying to not tell me about it.” Said Minho. “But I can feel it with her subtle questions.”

“Maybe you’re just overthinking, Minho. But then… Uncle Andy’s mouth has no zipper. He could talk about it with Sulli without stopping to think.” Said Joo Won.

Minho sighed.                                                                                                   

“These are the things I wanted to hide from her. These are the things I was protecting her from.” Said Minho.

“What do you plan to do now. Sulli won’t stop until she finds the truth about her Dad right?” said Joo Won.

“Yeah.” Said Minho. “I need to have a chance to tell Sulli about our parents. I need to tell her what I know.”

“By the way… When did you learn Sulli was Executive Oliver Choi’s daughter? I am surprised. I only learned recently. But you seemed to know it for some time now.” Said Joo Won.

“I…” Minho took a deep breath. “… knew that she was Oliver Choi’s daughter…since we were in high school.”

“What?!” Joo Won almost fell from his seat.

“I learned about Sulli being Oliver Choi’s daughter since high school.” Said Minho. “How will I not? I searched for my mom day and night. I had to even look at Oliver Choi’s background just to get any clue where they might’ve went. That’s when I learned he had a wife and a daughter.”

“Wow… you knew about Sulli since high school… I mean of course you knew her because she was your ex’s best friend but I didn’t know you know her more than that!” said Joo Won.

Minho shook his head…

“I was immature then. I wanted to hurt Sulli. If her Dad took my Mom away, I wanted to hurt her to get revenge.” Said Minho

“Why did you not pursue it?” asked Joo Won.

“It’s… fate’s way of saving me from committing the biggest mistake of my life.” Said Minho.

-----------------

Thirteen Years Ago

 

Minho was catching his breath as he barged into his parent’s room. Inside, he saw his Dad, sitting on the bed looking at the open closet.

“Where’s Mom?” asked Minho.

Minho’s Dad slowly turned to Minho.

“I’m afraid you might not see her for a very long time.” Said Minho’s Dad. “Infinity… has finally made her lose her will.”

Minho shook his head.

“No… no way!” Minho went to the closet and saw it empty.

“This is my fault. If I have given her the life she deserved… she wouldn’t need to suffer.” Said Collin. “I… couldn’t protect your mom from this chaotic world of our family…”

And then Minho felt a strong pull from behind. He opened his eyes and woke up to see their housemaid pulling him up.

“You’re having a nightmare young man.” said Tina. “You have to snap out of it. You’ve been having these nightmares for a month now. I am tired of pulling you out of it every morning.”

Minho sighed as Tina sat on his bed tired.

“You’re making me ten years older young man.” said Tina.

“But you’re really old, Aunt Tina.” Said Minho.

“Yeah I’m turning 60, but you’re making me feel like I’m close to a hundred.” Said Tina. “Until when are you going to be like this, huh? Your Mom left a year ago. Why are you having these nightmares now? Why again?”

Minho sighed.

“I… am not sure.” Said Minho. “I guess I need to see the psychiatrist again.”

“You only go to see the psychiatrist because you think her daughter is cute.” Said Tina. “If not for that Ailee singing nightingale, you wouldn’t step inside that clinic.”

Minho chuckled.

“Well… yeah. She’s cute, and her voice is angelic.” Said Minho.

“You have to go there because you want to move on fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter