Fired and Promoted

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

**Hi Everyone, I'm so sorry it took a long time again to update this story. I am not making any excuse but... I want to explain myself. hahaha!

Work is really heavy nowadays, my brain stops functioning at night time, all it does is to want to sleep. :( This doesn't happen much when  I was on my previous job. Oh well... I guess this is part of life. Thus, there are nights I can't write and couldn't think. There are times I try to write but stop after a few sentences because I just.... want to sleep. :(

And if that's not enough of a problem, my laptop broke a few days ago. I don't know what happened. I'm still trying to find out. So writing is harder now than before since I only borrow someone else' PC whenever that person is willing to let me borrow or is not using it.

That is why I am asking you to be a bit more patient with me. I know I am updating very slowly and I am also getting impatient with myself. But I guess I can't rush it. Thank you for still checking this story from time to time and still reading.

Have a blessed New Year! :D

-Mahogany4

 

 

CH 17

 

Sulli dragged herself into the conference room. It was a very tensed situation. Everyone is at the edge. Everyone is agitated and worried. Sulli felt like a bomb is about to explode.

“You better have an explanation for this.” Said Ms. So. “You’re his manager. You should have monitored his actions.”

Sulli expected this. Minho is her responsibility and yet she doesn’t have an answer to the current situation. Minho suddenly resigned as Carlito’s Ambassador and no one could reach him!

“I’m sorry.” Said Sulli. “I am going to reach him today and I will let you know an update.”

Sulli heard the other executives discussing among themselves. They do not sound happy, of course. And she knew they had all the right to be this angry. She can only hope there’s a way this can be resolved. Should they get a new model? But it took them a long time to find Minho because nobody seems to fit Carlito’s image right? What will happen to the ads that are currently ongoing on television?

And then Changmin burst into the room.

“Check the television now.” He said.

He opened the TV and went to the news channel. There is a press conference on going by Infinity Enterprise, the largest pharmaceutical company in South Korea.

“What’s this got to do with our situation right now, Changmin?” asked Miss So.

“Infinity is going to announce some organizational changes starting today.” Said Changmin.

“Their industry is too far from the coffee industry.” Said Miss So.

“Yes that’s true but… I assure you I’m not wasting your time by showing this to you.” Said Changmin.

Did Changmin find out what Minho’s relationship with Infinity Enterprise really is?

Changmin put the volume of the television louder so that people would hear the reporter.

Today, Infinity Enterprise CEO, Mr. Collin Choi has announced a reshuffle in the organization roles and responsibility. This is in line with the preparations for his heir who has now officially entered Infinity Enterprise. The heir to Infinity, the son of Mr. Collin Choi, is not totally unfamiliar. It will shock the country as to whom the new executive of Infinity Enterprise is. His face is common on Prints nowadays and he had become a hot topic on social media as one of the most handsome model and celebrity in the country. People did not expect that he is actually Mr. Collin Choi’s son. Today, Mr. Collin Choi is going to personally announce the entry of Mr. Minho Choi into Infinity Enterprise.

Minho Choi…

Minho is… Infinity Enterprise’ Heir?!

But…

Wow…

Minho entered the conference with his Dad. His Dad gave a short speech introducing Minho as his ‘Son who has prepared to be the next CEO of Infinity since childhood.’ Everyone took pictures of him. And then Minho also gave his speech. The entire time, Sulli couldn’t breathe, her heart was beating so fast.

Minho is really Infinity’s heir?

But how can this happen? Does Ailee know of this?

“That’s… totally unexpected.” Said Ms. So. “Did you know about this Ms. Choi?”

“I… had no idea.” Said Sulli.

This is totally her fault. She did not make a thorough research about Minho. She relied on the fact that Minho is her best friend’s boyfriend of eight years.  That of course, proved to be not enough. She was… Negligent.

Sulli took a deep breath.

She blew it.

The career she tried to build all her life has gone down the drain…

And she has no one else to blame but herself.

“Sulli, we need to talk.” Said Sulli’s Boss. “We will make sure appropriate steps are done in the Ad company so that we can still somehow meet Carlito’s expectation. Please excuse Sulli and I.”

Sulli dragged herself to stand up and leave the room with her Boss. They went out towards a small huddle room. But even before the door closed, Sulli Boss already told her what she didn’t want to hear.

“You have to resign.”

Sulli bit her lip.

“I’m trying not to fire you, Sulli. But you have to resign.” Said her Boss. “You know there is no other way. The Loss that Carlito’s will bear because of this mess is Billions of dollars. And the Ad company will share that loss since we’re under contract. There is nobody else who could have stopped this from happening except you. You were negligent on this assignment Sulli. And for that, I have to fire you.”

Sulli had no excuse. She had nothing to say to defend herself either. It was her fault.

“I…”

Sulli took a deep breath.

“…Will do as you say, Boss.” Said Sulli. “I will submit my letter of resignation within the day.” Said Sulli.

The Boss nodded.

There is no other way to stay. Her career which she worked extremely hard for has just burst like a bubble.

Sulli sighed as she found herself inside a convenience store an hour letter. She’s been staring at the people passing by like it’s some sort of fashion show.

“Should I try being a model instead?” asked Sulli.

“No, no. Of course not!” thought Sulli, shaking her head. She can’t even imagine smiling like the last time in front of the camera.

She needs a job definitely. The amortization for her house will be due in a few days. She needs a constant salary month after month.

Sulli sighed.

Minho…

Where is he now? What is happening to him? How can he leave just like that? Without a proper explanation! It’s like he went AOL.

He did not even say… goodbye…

Truth is…

“I just… want to see him again… and ask him…How he’s doing.” Whispered Sulli.

Sulli felt hot tears falling down her cheeks.

“With all this… I just want to know if he’s ok.” Said Sulli.

Do you think I need you to protect me? Don’t belittle me, Sulli. I can protect myself.

Minho’s words rang on Sulli’s mind.

Yeah right. He said he can protect himself.

But still…

She’s worried.

Minho is rich. He has entered his Father’s company. Maybe there is no reason to be worried. But still she can’t help it.

Sulli sipped her coffee.

If his heart was unreachable when he was just with her everyday… It will more impossible to reach his heart now.

“He’s on a totally different level.” Said Sulli. “He’s as impossible to reach as getting a job within the day.”

And then Sulli’s phone rang. Sulli answered it, anxious that it might be one of the reporters. Reporters had been flooding her phone since this morning.

“Hello.”

“Hi, Is this Miss Sulli Choi?”

“Yes, this is.” Said Sulli.

“Hi, I’m Mr. Im of Elle Perfumery. I got your information from a head hunter. I want to offer you a job as the head of Marketing for our company. Do you have any available time within this week to talk about it?”

Wow…

Is this… for real?

This guy must be tricking her to get an interview.

“I’m sorry but I’ve been receiving calls today from different reporters and I am not entertaining an interview.” Said Sulli.

“Oh, I think there’s a misunderstanding. I am not a reporter. I am really from Elle Perfumery. Here’s what I can do to convince you. I will send you an email of the offer. You can check my email address and my other details.” Said Mr. Im.

A Job offer at this very crucial timing?!

And Elle Perfumery? Elle is pretty popular to Korean women nowadays! It’s the best-selling high end local perfume brand!

How… did this happen?

“I will check your email so please do send it to me. By the way, I have an available

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter