Martyrdom

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CH 10

 

At 3AM in the morning, Minho woken up from a bad dream. It was weird. He was in a very dark place. A woman’s voice was calling for him. The voice was familiar but he couldn’t figure out whose voice was it. It was eerie that it made him break cold sweat.

Minho went out of his small room inside Sulli’s house to drink water. He needs to hydrate himself. Whatever that dream was, he didn’t want to have it any time soon again. When he was done drinking, he noticed Sulli’s light in her room still on. Minho went to the door to check and still heard movements. Minho knocked lightly.

“Sulli... You awake?” asked Minho.

Minho pushed the door open and saw Sulli arranging different items on the floor.

“What are you doing?” asked Minho.

“Oh…Why are you still awake? I told you to sleep right? You have a shoot tomorrow. You can’t get any eye bag.” Said Sulli.

“I just woken up. It’s 3AM. My shoot is later, not tomorrow. I’m planning to go back to sleep. But you…did you sleep at all?” asked Minho.

“Oh…I tried.” Said Sulli. “But I couldn’t.”

Sulli sighed.

“That’s why I decided to arrange things for the flight later.” Said Sulli. “I have here several sunblock. We need to make sure your skin is protected. I also have here some facial wipes. I should remember to put some on your bag. I will prepare your things every shoot. I will set them up for you every morning. That’s why you have to remember to give me a copy of your room’s key.”

“You don’t have to do all these things, Sulli. I can take care of myself.” Said Minho.

“What would be my use being around you when I don’t take care of these things? Besides, you should only worry about your script lines and your shoot. Let me take care of the other things like this.” Said Sulli.

“But not when it causes you to stay up until 3AM.” Said Minho.

“I stayed up because I couldn’t sleep.” Said Sulli.

Minho sat on the floor beside Sulli.

“Fine. I will stay up with you until you decide to go to your bed and sleep.” Said Minho.

“What? That’s ridiculous.” Said Sulli.

Minho smirked recalling how stubborn Sulli was during the night of drunkenness. She did not stop drinking until Minho started drinking.

“Trust me, I’m dead serious.” Said Minho.

Sulli looked around her. The truth is, she knows why she couldn’t sleep. Preparing the things for Jeju is not the reason.

She couldn’t sleep because she’s worried and nervous and bothered.

Ailee…is going to be in Jeju. And Minho is going too. What will happen if they ever meet there?

“All right.” Said Sulli. “I’ll fix these. And then go to sleep.”

“No, Sulli.” Said Minho. “You go and lie on your bed now. I will fix these.”

“What?”

“I can’t trust your workaholic nature to stop doing this.” Said Minho.

Sulli raised her brows.

Minho stood up, scooped Sulli off her feet.

“No! put me down!” shouted Sulli.

Minho dropped Sulli on her bed. It made Sulli blush to total redness.

“Just quietly lie there and close your eyes while I clean all these stuff.” Said Minho.

Minho started to put everything on the suitcase.

Sulli closed her eyes. And in just minutes…she felt herself dozing off. Weird how it happened. It only took his presence to make her feel… peace.

-----------------

Minho sighed. He saw that Sulli wasn’t able to eat much. She only took two bites of her toast and then put it in her bag. She did not sleep well and did not eat well. Those are the two things that made her faint yesterday. And what happened yesterday told him he didn’t want her fainting again.

They reached the airport an hour before the flight. But Minho’s brows were closed together as he stared at their plane tickets.

“Why?” asked Sulli.

“I know we booked last minute but… Our seats are too far from each other.” Said Minho.

“Oh.” Sulli looked at the tickets.

“You’re taking First class. I’m taking economy.” pointed Sulli.

What?

“Why?” asked Minho.

“Carlito’s is paying for your trip. My trip is being paid for by my company. Carlito’s is making sure you are comfortable and you will give your best in the shoot. My company is cutting on cost.” Said Sulli.

“And you’re ok with that?” asked Minho.

“Most companies are like mine.” Said Sulli. “Except for their models. I’m sure Carlito’s is like this to their other employees too. Don’t worry. Let’s meet at the luggage carousel area. As far as I know, they booked us on the same hotel.”

Minho sighed. He knew it’s unlikely he would still get a seat beside Sulli but… he didn’t expect their seats to be this far apart! Minho is feeling anxious. What if she faints in the middle of the flight?

Minho sat on his first class seat. It was comfortable and luxurious. But he’s far from happy. He called the attention of a flight attendant.

“Hi, is it possible for me to get a seat in the economy class?” asked Minho.

“Sir?” the attendant thought she heard him wrong.

“I want to give my seat to an elderly who might be booked in the economy section.” Said Minho.

“Oh…” The attendant smiled. “You’re being a good Samaritan today, Sir.”

“Umm…”

“Le t me check, Sir.”

In a few minutes, the attendant went back.

“Unfortunately, Sir. We do not have an elderly passenger in the economy section.” Said the attendant.

Ugh! There’s always an elderly person! What is happening with this flight?

“Umm, all right. Thank you.” Said Minho.

After a few minutes, Minho went to the economy section to check. And then he saw Sulli’s seat. She looks to be sleeping. No…what if she fainted? The seat beside Sulli was vacant. Minho sat beside her. He tried to feel her cheek and neck. She seems normal, her breathing was also even.

She’s asleep.

Minho made a sigh of relief.

And then Sulli’s head fell on is shoulder. Minho sat still. Sulli leaned closer, her breath on his neck.

Minho closed his eyes. His throat suddenly felt dry as he gulped.

“Sulli…” Minho whispered. “Don’t do this to me…”

Sulli’s eyes slowly opened.

“You…” said Sulli.

Minho looked away.

“How are you feeling?” asked Minho.

“Hmm… I’m fine.” Said Sulli. “Fine but sleepy.”

Minho took a peak of Sulli’s very close face.

That was a mistake, the moment their eyes met, Minho could not stop looking. Sulli’s face had never been this close since that night of drunkenness. He could see her smooth skin, her beautiful eyes, nose and those… plump lips…

“Sulli…” said Minho. “Can I do something weird?”

“Huh? What weird?” asked Sulli sleepily.

“This.”

Minho leaned and let his lips touch Sulli’s forehead. He kissed her there. And then he placed a light kiss on her nose and then he looked into Sulli’s eyes, seeing her shock and daze.

It was enough to make him lose all logic.

Minho touched Sulli’s cheek and tilted her face for him. He leaned in and made his lips touch Sulli’s lips in a deep kiss and passionate kiss. Sulli’s eyes widened. Her hands clasped Minho’s shirt. And then, as the kiss softened, Sulli’s eyes relaxed. She let the feeling take over her as she closed her eyes. Even her body stopped being stiff and became more comfortable in Minho’s arms. And then Sulli suddenly became heavy. Minho pulled Sulli away.

He can’t believe it! She fell asleep in the middle of their kiss!

“Really?” Minho is disappointed with himself. Was his kiss too boring for her?

“This is the first time someone slept on me while kissing.” Said Minho as he watched Sulli’s sleeping face.

And then Sulli moaned.

“Min…ho….”

Something twisted in his gut sending a painful wave on his chest.

Minho clenched his hands.

Sulli is beautiful. She’s very beautiful.

It’s enough to bring him pain just watching her.

What will she remember when she wakes up? Will she think it was just a dream that he kissed her? Will he again need to pretend like nothing happened when he could barely stop himself from reaching her and holding her?

Minho stood up.

What is wrong with him? Yes Sulli is beautiful, no doubt. Yes, he’s physically attracted to her. But why is he drawn to her like this when he just broke up with Ailee? Why does he keep thinking about her since that day she brought that breakup message to him? Why does she keep appearing in his life?

Minho went back to his First Class seat. He’s getting frustrated with himself. He only went to Seoul because for two purposes. First, he needs to close everything with Ailee. But he will make the closure as excruciating to Ailee as he possibly can. Second, he needs to settle the matters regarding his family. In both cases, he needs Sulli’s help.

Help. That’s all he needs from Sulli. He needs her help. And in return he will make sure she’s doing well in her life. He will see to it that she’s going to live a good life once everything is settled.

A good life.

Right. That’s right. He will help her land a promotion, whether inside the same company or not. He will help her get a good career. If he needs to use his Carlito’s project to do that for Sulli, he will.

But what’s happening now is not part of the plan. He’s getting weak with his resolve. Sulli’s every move is distorting him. It makes him lose focus.

He can’t get too involved with her. He needs to stay focused.

 -----------------------

Sulli stared at Minho’s back while they walking towards their rooms. They’re rooms are on the same floor, she’s staying at room number 304 while he’s staying at room number 306, almost next to each other.

Sulli sighed as she pinched herself.

How can one have such a sweet dream like that and feel the lingering effect as if it were real? Sulli touched her lips and swore she could still feel the warmth.

“I am going crazy.” She whispered.

Sulli did not noticed Minho stopped walking,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter