Chapter 9

Who's the Daddy?

Who’s the Daddy?

 

Chapter 9

 

Coming off the atheistic was probably one of the hardest things he had ever done in his life and Yifan had thought that getting the contractions had ranked up pretty high in that matter. The whole process took about three hours and he could only vaguely remember waking up in the recovery ward and attempting to push off the oxygen mask that was around his face only to have a nurse put it back in place with a voice that held a note of restrained patience and then he was back on the main ward slowly waking up. For the first hour or so only his mother was with him, whispering soft words to him and talking to him to bring him around as the reverse drug was administered. He babbled on about nothing in particular for the most part and slurred a majority of his speech but Mrs. Wu remained by his side until he gently drifted off into a recovery sleep which would be the best for him right now.

 

“Shh, it’s okay,” a soft male voice spoke just on the edge of Yifan’s hearing as he began to wake up after what felt like an eternity, “Mama will be awake soon and he’s so looking forward to meeting you. Yes he is.”

 

Tilting his head slightly, more towards the voice, Yifan took a deep breath because even though he could hear the other male speaking who clearly had to be the father, it was almost impossible to tell just who the father was just by his voice. The man was speaking in very clear mandarin so that left only three potential men, well two since Tao was completely out of the equation as he had stated earlier so that narrowed it down. Though part of him was still just a little bit too much afraid to open his eyes right now as well so he continued to listen to the other to see if he could pick up any clues as to the identity of the man who was the father of his child.

 

“Now you’re going to have to be very strong and make sure you look after your meimei, okay? She’s so small and fragile at the moment but I know you’re going to be simply the best Gege in the world, cause your Mama is that and I wouldn’t change him for anything,” the man continued, the soft voice and naturally quiet, not overly imposing or bratty and holding just a note of sweetness that made Yifan’s heart beat just a little faster in his head.

 

That was before his mind caught up with the words of course.

 

Wait there were two? How was that possible? He had been only pregnant with one and yet here was the father talking about a little sister and big brother? It made no sense and he desperately wanted to open his eyes but it seemed that for the time being he would have to just listen to the others words.

 

“Though I’m sure the others are going to have a field day making up nicknames for the pair of you,” Yifan’s heart nearly exploded right there and then, he had a pair of babies, twins. Part of him was completely shocked and confused as to how but the main part of his heart was bursting with joy at the news. He had always secretly wanted to have a brother or a sister to play with, argue over silly things and just to be there for him when things were going wrong. He loved his mother dearly but at times Yifan had felt very alone, especially when they first moved across to Canada and he had yet to make any friends. In his head it would have been nice to have someone to protect or to have someone to protect him during that time and just knowing that his children would have that was enough to make him already want to cry.

 

“Even if I have to get Uncle Channie to sit on Uncle Baek so that he doesn’t come up with something horrible because he will so try the annoying so and so,” the voice continued, Yifan finally able to pick up a slight accent to the words which reminded him of the Changsa area but he couldn’t be one hundred per cent sure, “There again I’ll just get Uncle Suho to sort the pair of them out. Wow, you’re going to have so many uncles to spoil you, once they’ve stopped teasing me of course but that’s to be expected isn’t it, baby?”

 

Yifan mentally sighed and realised that he probably wouldn’t get anymore hints unless he actually gave up and opened his eyes right now but he had a distinct feeling that he already knew who it would be. Carefully he shifted, smiling softly as the other continued to talk to the baby and slowly opened one of his large brown eyes to peek at the father and one of his children. That thought immediately making him do a mental little happy dance though he kept the movements to a minimum. Within seconds he had opened the second eye and was blinking in a mixture of shock, surprise, relief and uttermost joy as he stared at the father of his child.

 

“Yixing?” he whispered gently, hoping not to startle the other two much.

 

Hearing his name, Yixing did jump a little in surprise but turned and smiled brightly towards the other before suddenly leaning forward to press his lips against the others as much as he could, “Yes. It’s me, Yifan, it’s me.”

 

Tears tumbled out of Yifan’s dark eyes and he carefully moved his hands to gently rest them on either side of the others head, “I’m so glad...I almost hoped to much from the beginning that it was you.”

 

“Not as much as me,” Yixing smiled brightly, capturing his lips once again before pulling back with a slight chuckle when there came a slight noise of discomfort from his arms and he shifted, “But we’ll do the making up later, you’ve got our two new lives to meet. Here you go, erzi, here’s Mama for you. I’ll just go and fetch your meimei so don’t get fussy now okay?” Yifan noted with a happy grin that Yixing had rubbed around the top of the child’s head in order to ensure that it would go fully round and that made him smile more than anything.

 

Looking down at his son, he felt his heart melt in pure joy. The boy was strongly built even for his young age and had a few strands of dark black hair that looked already thick and wavy which was just what Yifan wanted. The boy wriggled about a little before getting comfortable and just resting against his mother, clearly recognising the familiarity.

 

Yixing chuckled as he came to sit next to Yifan and his son, “That’s the first time I’ve seen him settled since I got in here. Clearly he wanted his mummy,” there came a slight cry from the blanket and the unicorn dancer got the sweetest smile on his face as he looked down at the bundle, “And I think our special little surprise wants to as well.”

 

Unable to really move his son, plus not really wanting to do so either, Yifan shifted the boy slightly and was able to easily take his daughter into his arms. In comparison to her brother, the girl was tiny and had real milky white skin like that of the moon and Yifan got the distinct impression that she would resemble her father the most but in his most beautiful and stunning way. “She’s beautiful,” he said, staring down at her and glancing across to her brother, “What am I saying, they’re both beautiful. Oh Yixing...I never thought...I just...I...”

 

“Shh,” Yixing said, leaning close and pressing his lips to the others again, “You’ve got a family and that’s the best thing in the world right now.”

 

Yifan suddenly realised that there was one thing that they didn’t have that would make everything complete and he was not going to be the idiot who threw everything away right now. “No, not like that,” he said gently, “We have a family Yixing...me and you.”

 

Yixing blinked in surprise, “You want me involved?”

 

“Of course I do!” Yifan said, “I’m not having my two kids growing up without their father in their lives. That would be selfish and wrong of me and I don’t want them to go through what I had to growing up.”

 

The others heart melted at those words, “But...I can’t be with you all the time. I still have schedules to meet and work with and....” suddenly Yixing caught himself and looked at his two children, could he seriously walk away from them? Could he go back to a performer’s life and not think about them or not look forward to receiving pictures and messages or having them waiting for him when he got off the plane.

 

Yifan looked genuinely scared right now and Yixing knew that his heart was on the line. Dare he risk everything and face a whole new set of problems because he had a genuine chance at love and happiness?

 

“To hell with it,” Yixing said, pulling himself closer to Yifan to press yet more hot and desperate kisses to the others, “I’m in, I’m here with you. I shouldn’t have let you go then and I promise that I’ll never let you go, never again.”

 

Smiling Yifan pressed kisses back to Yixing and almost sighed in relief. He had always feared that if Yixing was the father that he would leave, since they had broken up just shortly before he had left SM and plunged everyone into a complicated state of affairs. Though Yixing wasn’t the reason why he had left and it did nothing to change his mind about the situation in regards to that company. In fact he pushed all thoughts of the company out of his mind for the time being, just basking in the joy of having his boyfriend back in his life and two beautiful children to raise and bring up.

 

It wasn’t going to be an easy ride that much he knew, but they would work something out and as long as they had one another then Yifan was going to be very happy. Vaguely he wondered where the others and his mother were but figured that they would be along soon to fuss and faff. In some ways he was grateful to them all for allowing him some time to just be with Yixing.

 

Not a second after he had those thoughts the door creaked ever so slightly and it only a matter of seconds later that the Taohun couple were right over by the side of the bed and totally fussing over the two new additions to the EXO family. Chen tormented Yixing none stop with a whole bunch of silly nonsense whilst Xiumin and Luhan tried to get Chanyeol to give them their money back since his predictions were completely off the scale incorrect and Baekhyun was picking on his boyfriend for being so wrong when he had been adamant that he had been right. Kai was trying to steal a hold of the babies and Kyungsoo was fussing over the pair and taking more photographs than even Tao was capable of doing whilst Suho was trying to keep some form of order throughout the whole situation even though he was cooing just as badly and Yifan was trying to keep up with anything even though he felt just as exhausted.

 

“Oh hey,” Tao asked at long last, finally having relinquished his hold on the little girl so that Baekhyun could have his hold after several long minutes of whining and promises to not do anything stupid or to drop the child, “What are their names anyway?”

 

Yixing and Yifan turned to look at one another, realising that they hadn’t actually thought of that in the slightest and their usual source of good information, Mrs. Wu, had disappeared off to go and get food for everyone because she would have plenty of time to look after her grandchildren since Yifan was staying with her.

 

It was Yixing who grinned first though, “Taiyan and Yuelian”

 

Yifan blinked, “Sun and Moon?” 

 

Yixing nodded, “Yeah, if they’re okay with you. I think it works pretty nicely.” 

 

Sehun blinked, “You know for kids of a dragon and a unicorn that does kinda work.” 

 

“It’s cute,” Suho supplied with a grin. 

 

“Taiyan and Yuelian,” Yixing confirmed, nodding and smiled at Yifan, “Does that work for you?” 

 

For a second Yifan thought about in and glanced down to his two sleeping children. A smile crossed his face and he nodded, “I love those names.” 

 

Looking down he smiled once again at the pair, “Welcome to the world, my Sun and Moon.”  

 

Authors babbling:

I was going to save this for Fanfan's birthday on the 6th but then I saw that I had 101 dalamations...I mean subscribers lol and I just could not resist uploading this (plus I wrote it today so it saves time). But yes, happy birthday in advance Wu Yifan and I cannot wait for your first solo song to be offically released. I will be spamming youtube to get that video I can promise you.

So only about one more chapter to go with this but I still want to say a big thank you to everyone and for those of you who spotted the Kray, a very well done - though I loved some of the theories about who else was the Daddy and the unitentual red herring of Chanyeol certainly made me laugh a lot so that was all good. Also went with the idea of the twins cause it was suggested and omg such a cute thing indeed. Maybe future fics with them, after I take a mini break but if you guys want then I will cerainly try cause Kray Family Fics just sound so cute in my head right now lol 

 

and also, this is an completely obvious bit of self promotion but hey a girl is allowed. Obviously you know that I write fanfiction cause you're all reading this but I also write my own original works and my very first book is now available to pre-order  from a few places. Including HERE and I'm really looking forward to it ^^ But enough of my selfless self promo, please leave me some comments on what you think of this really random amd ma plot bunny that literally just bit me one day and tell me if you want a sequal or not. ^^

 

Love you all loads and a great big hug and kiss for yeah and everyone one of my 101dalasubbers ^^