Chapter 4

Who's the Daddy?

“Hyung?” Chanyeol asked Suho whilst they were in the back of one of their vans, passing over his phone to the elder, “Which do you think looks better, the blue or the pink?”

 

Taking the phone very carefully from the other, because this was the happy prankster virus that he was dealing with, Suho tried to prepare himself for whatever he was about to be faced with. Surprisingly he found himself looking at winter baby sleep suits, one in pink and the other in blue. It took a few seconds of thinking for his brain to click and he half glared at the other, “Chanyeol! What are you doing looking at stuff like that now?”

 

Chanyeol looked hurt, “We’re going to see him next week and...”

 

“I don’t mean like that!” Suho quickly covered the giant’s mouth with his hand and inclined his head towards the driver’s seat where their manager was and prayed that the other would get the meaning of his words.

 

Eyes opening comically wide, Chanyeol’s ears turned red as he flushed with embarrassment before nodding and quickly hiding the evidence. It wasn’t the fact that he was looking at baby stuff, not in the slightest, it was just that Suho was trying to keep a cap on everything that the boys were up to because they couldn’t risk the company finding out. Yifan had asked directly for them not to mention it and they had all agreed whole heartedly that there was no way that such a thing could happen in the slightest. So that meant keeping all things baby related out of conversation and sight of anyone who was not one of the ten potential fathers and one confirmed uncle.

 

It had been hell trying to stop everything and Suho was pretty sure that he was going to blow a nerve or something if he wasn’t careful. At least they now had a due date and by some of luck or just really bad timing they would not only be in China for the time but they would also be in the exact same city as Yifan for five to eight days depending on how the filming schedule went. So more than enough time to slip away for a few hours, get the paternity tests done and then spend some time with Yifan and the new arrival.

 

As well as knock ten shades of different colours out of the father for being an idiot of course but that would be sorted out nearer the time.

 

But at the moment the biggest headache that he had, even though he knew that he was guilty of it as well, was keeping everyone off the topic of babies and from buying really obvious stuff. Well actually that was a lot harder to manage since he had no real control over what s did on the internet or anything but it was starting to get a bit annoying coming back to the dorms to find at least two new boxes of stuff to be delivered.

 

At least he had the sense to get his orders delivered to his parents with the intention of picking them up before they went over to China or with instructions on how to send them on.

 

Suho figured that was what the Chinese members were doing as well, since the main culprits appeared to be exclusively the K members but it was hard to call sometimes.

 

Though he saw the worried look in the other’s eyes and sighed gently, “Why don’t you get it in white? Or a more neutral colour?”

 

“But they look cuter in the colours,” Chanyeol said with a slight pout before pausing, “Though yeah. I see your point.”

 

“Hey what you doing?” Tao asked, popping his head over the back of the seat and ignoring any shouts which were sent his way.

 

Immediately Chanyeol brightened, “Looking at winter sleep suits. Which one do you think is...?”

“Chanyeol!” Suho scolded, “Stop trying to corrupt our maknae will you?”

 

There came a snort of a huff from Sehun and the leader rolled his eyes, “Fine, the second maknae though the first is acting even more childish than usual.”

 

Tao glanced towards his boyfriend who was messing about on his phone and had been doing so since the start of the car ride before chuckling, “He’s looking for something super secret and won’t tell me what it is.”

 

The two elders exchanged a glance and were about to lean across to find out what was up with Sehun when the other spoke, “It’s nothing. I’m looking for something for Gege.” It was the most that the counters had spoke for the past hour and everyone blinked before opting to just leave the other alone. Once the youngest maknae had something in his head there was nothing that would possibly shift it in the slightest.

 

Grinning the panda chuckled, “So what were you looking at hyung?”

 

“Winter sleep suits,” Chanyeol said with a grin, showing Tao the picture, “I think they’re cute but can’t decide on the colour.”

 

Tao blinked, “I think Luhan bought one of those already.”

 

“Really?” Chanyeol pouted, “Awww man.”

 

“I’d check but I’m sure there’s something like that in amongst his stuff,” Tao said before glancing to the side, “I still don’t see why I can’t buy the Gucci blanket, it’s really cute and stuff.”

 

Sehun sighed, “There’s nothing stopping you buying it but it’s an awful lot of money for something that will not be used for that long.”

 

“You two please stop with the argument already,” Suho sighed, “I seriously cannot stand having to put up with another lovers spat.”

 

Chanyeol grimaced, “Yeah, they’re no fun.”

 

Suho looked over at the giant, “What did you actually do to annoy Baekhyun this time?”

 

Chanyeol shifted, “You really don’t want to know.”

 

“You tried to stop him buying something right?” Suho said with a sigh, “So glad that I don’t have to worry about that fact at the moment.”

 

“You will if you turn out to be the Daddy,” Tao said cheekily towards the other and ducked down to avoid getting smacked around the head.

 

“Hoi, you lot, stop horsing around,” their manager yelled from the front seat, “Quieten down before we have a crash!”

 

The boys shared a look between one another before settling back down into their respective spaces and opting to not talk or mention babies now that they knew that the man was watching them carefully for something unusual.