Chapter 6

Who's the Daddy?

“Baek,” Yifan yawned loudly, “Not that I don’t enjoy chatting onto you or anything but it’s getting on for two in the morning and you do have a plane to catch soon. You should get some sleep.”

 

There came a chuckle from the other end of the line, “I’ll be okay. I can sleep on the plane.”

 

Shaking his head, Yifan sighed, “Knowing you Baek, you won’t and then you’ll just be a crabby sod for the rest of the day and annoy everyone. Get to sleep.”

 

“But we used to chat on till the early hours all the time,” Baekhyun whined lightly, clearly reminiscing about the past once again but the dragon was more than used to it.

 

Sighing, the ex-EXO-M leader smiled softly, “Yeah we did and then we’d both be crabby monsters who would annoy everyone and I think that certain parties would get extremely crabby with you if you turn up to work tomorrow being a crabby monster,” lightly he chuckled at the amount of times he had used the words crabby and monster in that sentence, “Hell Baek I want to go sleep right now before baby wakes me up with its kicking or something like that.”

 

There came a sound which could only be Baekhyun pouting and Yifan rolled his eyes, “and before you try that, ayego does not work over the phone either.”

 

“Tao did it the other day to you,” Baekhyun pointed out, clearly still pouting.

 

“And I still stand by the fact that it did not work,” even though it had worked because Yifan had agreed to having a ‘Baby Shower’ just to get the little runt of a panda to stop going on about it. Clearly someone had been letting him watch way too many American Dramas as of late and he had a fair idea as to who it was and they were going to get a royal kicking...though he remembered the fact that he really shouldn’t be aggressive or anything like that unless he wanted a little brat of a child so opted to just throw a cushion or something similar at Kai’s head. Though only when Kyungsoo was not in the room though maybe the little demon child would give him some leeway.

 

Not that he disliked the idea of a baby shower, it was just that he already had enough baby stuff to outlast the child and that was from family and his Chinese and Canadian friends. Add on top of that the mounds of stuff that EXO had sent him as well it was just crazy how much they had. Still his mother said that he would be amazed what a child could go through in the first few years of life so he opted to respect his mother’s wise words and get on with it.

 

There came a tell tale chuckle from Baekhyun, “When have you ever been able to resist Tao’s whining, daizhyung?”

 

“Plenty of times,” Yifan tried to deny, knowing that it was a load of rubbish because he had way too much of a soft spot for that cry baby panda, “Ask Suho, he’ll verify.”

 

“Like I’m going to believe his word on such a matter,” Baekhyun chuckled back, “He’s gotten the full bucket load of cute whining since you left and basically gave in to save his sanity.”

 

Shaking his head, Yifan sighed, “It’s the safest way because he’s a stubborn mule once he’s got something in his head.”

 

“Yes,” the word was drawn out, long and teasing, “Like a certain party we’re going to have when we get there.”

 

A groan came from the dark haired man, “How’d he rope you all into going along with his crazy scheme?”

 

“Told Kyungsoo and you know how much of a baby fusspot he is at the moment,” Baekhyun replied, clearly trying to stifle a yawn with his hand.

 

Too true did Yifan know about that fact, Kyungsoo had totally gone baby bonkers since learning that Yifan was pregnant and was constantly sending him advice about what to eat, drink, do, how to look after himself, how to prepare for the baby’s arrival and about a million and one other things. Because of schedules and generally trying to keep the maknea’s from making out at every given opportunity – a task which he was more than happy to not have to deal with because he very much doubted that the panda and the pug would want to keep their hands to themselves – he thankfully didn’t call too often but when he did Yifan just had to find somewhere to sit down, shut up and let the mother tattle on about his latest find.

 

It was highly cute but after three hours it got past the point of annoying and Yifan began to worry that Kyungsoo was neglecting his boyfriend but it transpired that Kai was part of the problem as he kept on finding new stuff for Kyungsoo to give to Yifan. Typical of the little brat but that was the way that crazy things went in the dorms.

 

Sighing, Yifan glanced at his clock, “Look Baek, if you want to keep on babbling about things that’s great but I’m just going to rest my head against this pillow and close my eyes okay?”

 

There came a grunt, “You’re not going to go to sleep on me Yifan, are you?”

 

“No, just resting my eyes,” lied the other but he was really getting past the point of being tired right now and would just happily curl up listening to the other.

 

“But how can I talk to you about stuff if you do that?” Baekhyun complained lightly before sighing, “Wait, how long have you been awake today?”

 

“Since about six or something,” Yifan replied softly, snuggling in his blankets and being careful of the bump, “Baby is getting excited to meet you all I think.”

 

There came a happy sounding hum from the other, “I think we all are as well. Have you decided what you want at all?”

 

“Nope,” Yifan replied with a grin.

 

“Awww why?” Baekhyun pouted back.

 

“Cause I want a surprise,” Yifan smiled happily back, “It’s so much more fun that way.”

 

“Thought of any names yet?” came the next question, clearly the other had no intension of going to sleep at all so he was really going to be a crabby monster in the morning when they were trying to get that flight.

 

“Nope,” Yifan replied, knowing that it would annoy the other completely.

 

“Why not?” Baekhyun said, sounding ticked off, “That’s supposed to be really fun.”

 

Yifan sighed, “In Chinese traditions its bad luck to name the baby before it’s born and plus I want to come up with the name of my child with whoever is actually the father. It seems more correct that way.”

 

There was silence on the other end of the line for about a minute and Yifan had just started to drift off when Baekhyun’s voice drifted back across to him, “That’s really sweet actually.”

 

Yifan hummed a laugh in response, “I thought you would think it would be too soppy.”

 

“Normally I would but when it’s your child that you’re talking about...” he paused and sighed, “I do wonder which one of us is that father though? We’ve tried to backtrack but everything just seems to be a blur.”

 

The leader nodded and hummed back, “Yeah, I know what you mean.”

 

“You’re condition improved at all?” the question came as a slight bit of a surprise but Yifan smiled softly and hummed again in a positive way. His condition had drastically improved since he got out of SM but he was still on medication and was being closely monitored given the fact that he was pregnant.

 

“Are you even going to talk to me anymore Yifan?” Baekhyun asked quietly, trying to his a chuckle which still escaped him without even trying.

 

A soft ‘nu-huh’ was hummed back towards him and the other clearly got the message and let off a smooth little sigh, “Okay, I get the point. I’ll let you and baby go to sleep and try to get some myself.”

 

“Good,” Yifan managed before yawning really loudly once again, “Goodnight Baek.”

 

“Goodnight Yifan,” came the reply, followed by the sound of a little kiss which had the mother dragon smiling far more than he should have. Gently he imagined that Baekhyun was hovering just above him, pressing a soft kiss to his lips before curling up against his side and finally going to sleep. Yifan’s heart fluttered as he imagined the other gently reaching out to place a hand on his bump and murmuring a sleepy, “Goodnight baby...I love you.”

 

The call blipped off but Yifan did not notice as sleep was finally allowed to claim him fully and he found himself dreaming of funny times with the resident puppy of the group and also of the others bright, smiling face almost as if he had learnt the news that he truly wanted.

 

When he awoke in the morning, Yifan ate his breakfast in silence as he tried to seriously consider who the father was in the group and who was going to be the uncles. He was pretty sure that someone was going to get disappointed in that regards but the more he thought about it, the less he stopped worrying. Regardless of who was actually the father, the others would stick by Yifan, tease the living hell out of whomever and do all sorts of crazy and cookie things because that was what they liked to do when it came to anything of this sort.

 

Turning on his laptop, Yifan grinned as he was struck by the thought of an idea gift which he could give the others when they got to that blasted baby shower later in the week. Just because it was supposed to be an excuse to give him lots of presents, even though they had given him more than they really should have, there was nothing in the rules to say that he couldn’t give them something back in return.

 

Though he had to laugh at a picture which his friend Shiah sent him from Canada, showing the EXO boys mucking about on some reality show which he hadn’t watched yet and he added it to his collection. Whilst he would never admit to it in the slightest, he had become a sort of fan boy but it was a good way to keep up with everyone and their antics. Sometimes he regretted his actions, he really did but then he thought of what would happen if that company found out that he was pregnant and knew that he had made the right choice.

 

Plus he was meeting up with them soon so it was all going to be great fun and possibly crazy. More like definitely crazy.

 

Authors babbles:

teehee just cause this idea crept up on me the other night and refused point blank to go away. But it's a nice little filler chapter. Right decision is made in my head - and no you don't get to know yet - and there should only be four more chapters of this fic to get it all nicely finished off. Next is the Baby Shower and why do I get the feeling that it's going to be the craziest, cutest and possibly dumbest thing out of everything? 

anyways stay strong all you EXO-L's and see you soon!