Chapter 7

Who's the Daddy?

“I want to touch the baby bump!” Tao cried, almost startling Yifan into spurting his tea but thankfully his lips had not been quite been touching the rim of the cup so he was able to avoid any potential embarrassment about that. What he wasn’t able to avoid though was the fact that his ever loud, silly panda of a baby brother was almost immediately on the floor next to him, hand on the more than obvious bulge coming from his stomach and head resting against it.

 

“Tao!” Suho scolded from the doorway, shaking his head and really hoping that they had actually managed to get to the cafe that had been designated as their meeting spot without being spotted by any watchful media presence, “We’re supposed to be doing things on the quiet.”

 

The maknae pouted, “But I just want to touch the bump. I haven’t got to do that in an age.”

 

Yifan shook his head lightly, glancing up as he automatically moved to lightly pet Tao’s head and chuckled, “Sehun, you have been looking after my overly affectionate panda haven’t you?”

 

Sehun flushed bright red, caught off guard by the question, “Gege!”

 

“Oh believe me, he’s been looking after him all right,” Kyungsoo said, appearing from behind the others and wrapping a hug around the others broad shoulders, “Bloody well kept us up most of the night with their antics.”

 

“Yah!” Tao exclaimed, “Like you and Kai have any say on the matter.”

 

Kai sighed, pretending to be annoyed, “But at least we do it when we’re not on promotions. You two have been bonking like rabbits every night for the last month or so.”

 

“And I’m not even going to mention Chanyeol and co,” Xiumin said, shaking his head as he half guided an exhausted looking Luhan to the table and put him down, “They’re getting the drinks in.” Even though it was quite an obvious thing it was nice to get a confirmation before he had to ask any silly questions.

 

Yifan chuckled, “Unfortunately I can still remember, it’s so pleasant to be able to sleep in a quiet house.”

 

“Just you wait until baby is on the go,” Chen said brightly, “You can kiss those quiet nights goodbye.”

 

“Well duh,” Yifan said, rolling his eyes before glancing at Luhan and lightly indicating him with his head.

 

Xiumin glanced towards the blond haired boy, before quietly mouthing, “The movie schedule is killing him.”

 

Looking to the other, Yifan felt a pang of worry go through his heart but Xiumin already had a protective and comforting arm around him so he knew that it was probably going to be okay. At least he could hope because it had been a long while since he had seen the other looking so exhausted but then grinned at a thought. “Give him jasmine tea,” he said aloud, “Works a treat.”

 

Luhan actually raised his head at that point and turned to raise an eyebrow at Yifan in confusion before smiling just a little with that old familiar sparkle, “How can you still remember all of that stupid stuff?”

 

Shrugging, Yifan grinned and then lightly batted at Tao’s hand, “Leave baby alone, you’re going to make it spoilt,” he said in Chinese towards the other.

“Oh Yifan,” Yixing answered, “The baby is already going to be spoilt and that’s by the time the uncles get sorted out, let alone the father.” The unicorn had wrapped his arms protectively around the taller man's shoulders and lightly pressed a kiss to the back of his head, something which made Yifan’s heart just beat a little quicker, not that he would admit to it of course.

 

Sighing, Yifan nodded, “Oh I know but I don’t want a fussy overly spoilt child from the outset.”

 

“Being raised by you and your mother I highly doubt that,” Chanyeol said, coming to the table with a large tray, Baekhyun trailing in his wake with another one.

 

Suho turned and frowned, “When did your mandarin improve so much?”

 

“Oh he’s been studying it like crazy for the arrival,” Baekhyun chuckled, perfectly happy to completely drop his boyfriend in the mix, “Something about figuring the kid will only speak mandarin and he wanted to improve.”

 

“Chanyeol I forbid you from corrupting my child with your insanity,” Yifan said, shifting ever so slightly to get a bit more comfortable though he almost started to feel just a little on the odd side. But there again he was so close to his due date that things were probably going to go be a bit on the odd side regardless.

 

Chanyeol pouted, “If the kid’s mine it’s already beyond corrupted.”

 

“Ugh, can you imagine what the world will be like if there are two happy virus’s in the world?” Xiumin commented dryly.

 

“It would probably explode or something like that,” Chen chimed in, getting a firm smack around the head from Baekhyun who was closest to him out of the couple currently.

 

Yifan blinked, “Wait, have you guys done the paternity test?”

 

Luhan nodded, “Yeah. You should have heard Sehun yelping when the needle got stuck in his arm.

 

“I did not!” Sehun tried to deny but it was a known fact that the youngster hated needles in any way shape or form so it was more than probable that it happened.

 

Tao grinned happily and wrapped his arms around his younger boyfriend, “He did very well indeed actually, didn’t pass out or anything.”

 

Sehun groaned and ducked his head, flushing red from embarrassment at having been called out on such a thing.

 

If he had been able to, Yifan would have reached across to pet the other but with a mixture of large baby bump and Yixing still not having let him go it was a bit hard. “So when do you find out the results?” he asked, lightly his lips.

 

“Hopefully this afternoon,” Suho said, settling himself down with a cup of coffee, “they agreed to do it quicker since we’re only around here for a couple of days.”

 

Yifan shook his head, “I bet you gave the nurses at the station a giggle.”

 

“One way to put it,” Chen said, a cheeky grin on his face, “I just hope that dispatch really don’t catch up with that.”

 

“More like Chanyeol doesn’t upload photos first,” Xiumin said cattily towards the others, raising an eyebrow.

 

“And face the wrath of the dragon?” Chanyeol said, shaking his head, “I may be an idiot but I’m not that suicidal thank you ever so much.”

 

Yixing shook his head, “Can we stop digging at one another for a minute? Aren’t we supposed to be having a baby shower right now?”

 

Yifan blinked, “You guys seriously didn’t buy more stuff did you? I’ve got more than enough as is.” There was a fond smile on his face though because he knew fine well that these boys could never truly resist an opportunity to go shopping.

 

“Well they’re only little things,” Yixing smiled, “We had to smuggle them past manager so stop being a fuss pot and accept them okay?”

 

Pretending to huff, Yifan completely lost all sense of it as he smiled and looked down at the bump, feeling a series of kicks that felt like persistent prodding’s. “Baby, settle down, I’m behaving,” he said and then immediately regretted it as five hands were immediately on his stomach, trying to feel for the kicks that were bouncing around his insides.

 

Once he had finally been able to get the hands off his stomach, though he naturally allowed Luhan a little bit more snuggle time because it was a simple trick to lull the other into a quiet nap since he was so warm, the actual baby shower started though it turned out that they had actually clubbed together to get a Christening box.

 

“We know it’s early,” Sehun admitted, “But we figured that it would be good to give it in advance and then we won’t worry about it.”

 

The box was made of cream wood with carefully stencilled symbols on it which upon closer inspection turned out to be all of their own EXO ones and it included his own in a fine golden calligraphy style. Inside was a soft velvet lining which held a knife, fork, spoon, comb, hairbrush, one large teddy bear trinket box, two smaller teddy bear trinket boxes, a paperweight with the accompanying teddy bear on it and a small capsule tube which was meant to hold the birth certificate or something like that. It was all done in very fine silver and had small engravings promising good health, fortune and luck to visit the child.

 

Lightly Yifan wiped at his eyes, “You guys are just...too much at times.”

 

“And totally your style right?” Tao chimed in which immediately had everyone laughing at the unfortunate use of the catchphrase.

 

Shaking his head, Yifan sort of kicked at Tao’s knee before gently placing the box down and shifting, “Actually that reminds me, can you pass me my bag?”

 

Xiumin shifted first and grabbed it, handing it over, “Man should you be carrying this? It’s heavy.”

 

“It’ll be lighter in a minute,” Yifan scoffed, lightly rolling his eyes before digging into it for a few seconds and then letting out a happy sound as he found what he was looking for. “Ha! Here we go,” lightly he shifted once again before offering the wrapped present to the table as a whole, “I know it’s not common for the mother to give stuff but I think you guys deserve this.”

 

Kyungsoo lightly took the package and they all helped to unwrap it. It turned out to be a fairly large picture frame with a very fine looking tree as the central motif. However hanging off different branches were a series of small spaces that looked like photo frames and it took them a minute to click to the fact that each one had a title underneath of either ‘uncle’ or ‘brother’. There were three slightly larger cut outs in the trunk of the tree and Yifan’s grinning face could be seen under the titled ‘mother’ but the ‘father’ and presumably the child pictures remained empty and the child’s remained nameless for now.

 

“It’s a family tree?” Suho asked, grinning stupidly.

 

Yifan nodded, “I figured that you guys would want to choose what you’re going to be in relation to my baby once we know the father but you can change the descriptions and stuff by connecting it to a computer.”

 

“Oh it’s digital?” Kai immediately nabbed it to turn it over, “Wow, that’s so cool.”

 

“Figured it would be easy to have it switch through lots of different photographs once you upload them,” Yifan smirked, “You know how...hey! Careful!”

 

He couldn’t help laughing as he was suddenly engulfed in an eleven way hug by the others who were immediately cooing and trying to come up with a whole host of different names and family positions for everyone. He had missed this feeling so much and it almost brought tears to his eyes but he managed to control him. “I love you all,” he just about whispered, “I’m sorry for what I did...I really am.”

 

Eleven kisses were delivered to his cheeks as he blushed and Yifan felt as though this day couldn’t get any better in the slightest. Though suddenly there was a sharp pain in his stomach and Yifan grabbed hold of the arms of his chair.

 

“Are you okay?” Yixing asked, immediately noticing the change in the leader, “Are you going to be sick or something?”

 

For a good minute Yifan didn’t respond, trying to just focus on his breathing and hoping that he wasn’t having an attack of some kind before remembering the fact that his heart was in his chest and not his stomach. Then he felt a sticky dampness down below and realised that his waters must have broken.

 

He blinked and whispered, “Call an ambulance and then my mum.”

 

Yixing nodded and pulled back sharply, grabbing the nearest phone and ignoring the indignant cry from Kyungsoo.

 

Suho registered the situation quicker than the others and moved quickly to the others side, “Has it started?”

 

Yifan nodded, gripping tightly onto Suho’s hand, “Yeah...I think so.”

 

The EXO leader nodded, “Okay. We’re here for you,” before turning to the others, “See if you can get the route to the exit cleared before the ambulance arrives.”

 

“Everything okay?” asked Kai, looking pale.

 

Yifan resisted the urge to smack the youngster, “Yeah I’m literally just about to have someone’s baby here, no problems.”

 

Immediately everyone jumped into action and it wasn’t long before the medical crews were helping Yifan out of the cafe and into a waiting ambulance to take him to the hospital. Suho made sure that everyone had their phones switched off before they clambered into their own taxi’s to follow along. Mrs. Wu confirming that she was already on route with a quick text message reply. Virtually no one spoke a word, too caught up in the moment to really register everything that was going on. 

 

Authors babble:

Wheee! Another step closer to finding out, are you all excited? I am cause I know what's going to happen but you'll havfe to be patient mwhahah.

okay randomness aside for now, I hope you all like this chapter better than the last one and holy cow did did I get to nearly seventy subscribers? That's insane. So insane. But I loves you all anyways and hope you stick with me. 

 

Though outta curiosity, do my readers want Yifan and the still mysterious Daddy to have a boy or a girl? I've got an idea in mind but I'm just curious to see what get picked. 

Anyways speak to you again soon all Loves and keep your eyes peeled for the next update.