Chapter 10

Who's the Daddy?

“Tai!” Yifan scolded gently as he pulled the whining baby up out of his crib and smiled at him softly, “What’s the matter with you? This is the third time that you’ve had me up in the last hour.” A quick smell check confirmed that there was no wetness or a dirty nappy to deal with and he couldn’t be hungry because Yifan had just given him a bottle less than half an hour ago. But still Taiyan was wriggling about impatiently and the new mother was getting worried because he couldn’t figure out what was wrong.

 

It was then that he noticed that the tiny baby was making an odd sort of jabbing motion towards the other crib and Yifan turned to it. He sighed at seeing Yuelian blinking at him with her wide brown eyes that were glistening with silent tears. “Ah, that’s what you were trying to tell me wasn’t it, my big bouncing boy?” Yifan said, gently setting Taiyan down on the bed to pick up Yuelian, “You were trying to tell me that meimei needed some help weren’t you. Its okay baby, I got you now. Mummy’s here, let’s get you all set shall we?”

 

Moving to the baby changing unit, Yifan gently set about changing his daughter and cleaning her up. Part of him was still slightly worried about the girl’s lack of noise making, in comparisons Tai was a noise machine with a very good set of lungs on him, but the doctors had said it could just be a slower development and that they would monitor and make sure that she grew up to be a perfectly normal little girl. Yifan didn’t care; he loved both of his children equally and thought that they were the sweetest things on the planet.

 

Vaguely he wondered if he had sent off the latest bunch of pictures to Yixing or not but figured that he would actually check out that bit of information in the morning when he finally got some sleep. Hopefully the twin’s father would be back within the week as he had managed to wrangle getting some paternity leave though the company were passing it off as a group break which probably meant that the uncles would undoubtedly turn up as well. Not that Yifan was going to complain of course, especially if it meant getting to see all of his friends and lover once again.

 

He gave Yuelian a bottle of milk which had been prepared by his mother before she had gone upstairs to sleep and gently sang to her his favourite lullaby of ‘Twinkle Twinkle’ which Yuelian appeared to like very much from the half sleepy smile that she was giving him. Satisfied that the girl would now be fully settled, Yifan burped her before carrying her back upstairs to find Tai looking at him rather expectantly and the tall mother half glared at his son, “Yes, your baby sister is all sorted out and she’s all fine.” Picking the boy up, Yifan opted to just lay on his bed with his two children either side of him and smiled, feeling completely content with the two little bundles of joy in his arms.

 

Gently he pressed a kiss to both of their heads and re-sang Twinkle Twinkle cause he was pretty sure that was why he had been getting a look from Tai beforehand and then settled down to sleep.

 

~*~

 

Yixing on the other hand could barely sleep the next night, and his tossing and turning was beginning to seriously irritate Chen and Chanyeol who were rooming with him. Normally it would be with Baekhyun but the diva and happy virus had a mini tiff over dinner and were now not talking properly to one another which meant that Chen had swapped with Baek in order to keep some semblance of peace. The pair would make up tomorrow first thing so there were no worries there but those thoughts were so far from Yixing’s head right now.

 

Damn it, he wanted for their powers to be real so that he could bribe Tao into speeding up time so that they could be at the airport already or even better right outside of Yifan’s front door so that he could open it and embrace his family. His family! The thought still sent millions of butterflies around his stomach and he really couldn’t wait to see all three of them again. To hold and kiss his two children, play with them and see how much they had changed over the last month or so. Granted Yifan was sending him hundreds upon hundreds of cute and adorable photos of the pair – he seriously rivalled Tao in the amount of pictures but Yixing was not going to complain in the slightest – but it wasn’t the same as actually being there.

 

Sitting up, he completely gave up on actually trying to sleep anymore and made a grab at his phone. Almost instantly a big and bright smile crossed his face as he opened it up to find another photo which he opened with glee. It featured Yifan sitting on his large bed with Taiyan and Yuelian resting happily against his large and broad chest and a message saying, “Looking forward to Daddy coming home.”

 

“Oh how much longer?” Yixing whined only to yelp when a pillow was slammed roughly to the side of his head.

 

“Will you please just go to sleep?” Chen whined, “Seriously you are worse than Tao and his bloody puppy.”

 

Yixing pouted, “But they’re my kids!”

 

“I know,” Chen said, grinning, “I can’t wait to see them too but I’m not having you be a grumpy unicorn because you didn’t get enough sleep. Now hurry up and go back to sleep else I will go and fetch Tao and Candy and that will make you even grumpier.”

 

Pouting, Yixing put away his phone after sending a quick message back to Yifan and then lay down on his bed and tried to go to sleep once again. It didn’t work but he didn’t manage to wake Chen again which was good.

 

~*~

 

“Ah! There’s my son-in-law!” Mrs. Wu called brightly, waving to Yixing as he got out of the airport, “Come on, we need to hurry if we don’t want to get caught in traffic.”

 

Yixing gave her a quick hug and smiled, “I know but I haven’t found my parents yet...”

 

“Xingy!” Mrs. Zhang appeared almost at the same second and wrapped her son in a huge hug, “Oh look at my boy. Doesn’t fatherhood suit you so well? You look so good!”

 

“Dear, let the boy breath,” Mr. Zhang smiled and gave Yixing a hug as well, “We ran into Mrs. Wu just as we were leaving so it made sense for us to give her a lift.”

 

“Yes and I can bet that this has nothing to do with the fact that mother wants to meet her grandchildren first hand,” Yixing grinned cheekily towards the other woman.

 

Mrs. Wu however waved her hand dismissively, “Oh she’s already met them, don’t worry about that. Now come on. Let’s get home and give you a few hours to get used to being a Daddy before the rest of that unruly rabble turn up and turn my house into a mess.”

 

Yixing knew that the elder dragon lady was just teasing because she loved it when everyone would pile around but he was really looking forward to getting there as well. A few hours alone with his boyfriend and children was going to be perfect.

 

~*~

 

“Galaxy!” Yixing couldn’t help but call as he virtually ran into the taller man’s arms and started pressing hundreds upon hundreds of kisses to his lips, cheek and any other part of his face that he could reach at that point in time, “Oh my god. I’ve missed you.”

 

Yifan smiled and gently pushed the shorter man back a step or two so that he could speak, “I missed you to.” He pressed his own kiss to the others lips and pulled him into a tight hug before swinging him around and then setting him down, “Come on, the kids are waiting to see their Daddy as well.”

 

Mrs. Wu smiled softly and set off to the kitchen, followed by Mrs. Zhang, to start making some tea whilst Mr. Zhang set himself down on the sofa to wait patiently.

 

Leading Yixing to one of the back rooms, which had officially become a family room so naturally it was filled with toys and spare cribs and a host of other things, Yifan smiled when an all too familiar cry came from the room before they had even got half way. Gently he sighed, “Tai’s lungs are very strong as you can hear. Little Yue is still really quiet but they think it’s just a developmental thing.”

 

Yixing nodded and squeezed Yifan’s hand, “I’m sure that everything will be okay, they’re both beautiful children.”

 

“I know,” the dragon smiled and entered the room, “Tai, sweetie, come on stop making a fuss....oh Yue, why are you crying so loud baby?”

 

Plucking the girl from her little carry cot, Yifan gently held her for a second before Tai started crying and passed her to Yixing. Almost immediately the girl settled down and snuggled against the familiar warmth happily and Yixing stared at her in complete bewilderment. Tai had calmed down almost the second his sister started crying but that could have been due to the fact of him being in his mother’s arms. Staring between the two of them, Yixing felt tears begin to prick at his eyes and gladly accepted the hug from Yifan who pressed a kiss to the top of his head, “Oh Yifan. They’re even more beautiful in real life. I love them so much,” the younger boy managed to smile despite his crying; “I love you so much to.”

 

Yifan smiled, “I love you too and they love you. Tai just likes making a fuss and I’m guessing Yue’s really missed Daddy.”

 

“I wish you lived closer so I could visit you every other day,” Yixing said, “I hate being away from you all like this.”

 

“That can be arranged,” Yifan said with a soft smirk, “But don’t worry about that for now. Let’s just enjoy this time we’ve got together okay?”

 

Yixing nodded and five minutes later found himself sitting on the floor with Taiyan in his lap, making the baby laugh by bouncing a small fuzzy toy off his nose so that the baby would laugh a loud which was on par with his most favourite sound in the entire world. Namely that of his daughter laughing but it was nothing in comparison to the moment when they would both laugh together. He looked up at Yifan and smiled brightly, leaning across to press yet another kiss to Yifan’s lips. There was nothing more he could do to express just how happy he was right now.

 

Things couldn’t be more perfect, especially when he spotted that sitting in the large bay window was Ace with his own new wife and two mini baby alpaca’s which just made his heart melt all the more. Without saying a word, he grabbed Tai up into a hold, snuggled close to Yifan and Yue before snapping a quick family shot on his phone. Which was immediately sent to the rest of the EXO boys to make them jealous and make them hurry their butts up to come and visit the new baby family. 

 

Authors babbling:

Totally blaming Yifan for releasing that beautiful song that just gave me way too many feels for this extra chapter and hell it's our Galaxy's birthday so I needed to give him something so here you go. Happy Birthday Wu Yifan! We love you forever and ever and I hope that you have a massive career in China cause damn boy you deserve it. 

Also cause I happened to find whilst I was looking: Alpaca family!

don't worry, the EXO boys will get to play with the babies in the next chapter which should be the last one hopefully but we shall see. 

love you alls 

Chia