Chapter 5

Who's the Daddy?

“Yifan,” Mrs. Wu sighed for probably the hundredth time this hour along, before shaking her head, “Expectant mothers don’t need to be putting out the bins or anything like that. Will you please sit down?”

 

Looking up from his current task which was basically attempting to tidy up the kitchen, Yifan smiled softly towards the other and shook his head, “I am fine mother.”

 

“No you are not,” Mrs. Wu chided him playfully, “I’ve been there, done that and bought the t-shirt mister so I know exactly what you’re going through so put this mothers worried heart to rest for five minutes and sit down. I can get the dishes and make tea and all the rest; I’ve been doing it long enough.”

 

Yifan smiled sheepishly, knowing that he really couldn’t win an argument against his own mother when it came to this sort of thing and was beaten before he even began but he just felt like he was being lazy and useless at the moment. Plus he hadn’t been doing overly much, just a spot of tidying that needed to be done around the kitchen. Being so close to his due date, Yifan was more noticeably pregnant than he had been since the last time he saw the boys of EXO and got more aches, pains, random odd cravings – peanut butter sandwiches were his current thing and now he wanted one typically – and was so tired. He had a gained a whole new level of respect for his mother for being able to go through of this and was slightly dreading the birth even though the doctors had basically confirmed that he would have to go through a caesarean.

 

“I know,” gently he pressed a kiss to his mother’s cheek as he started out of the kitchen and back towards the living room, “Can you make me a peanut butter sandwich whilst I deal with the latest delivery of baby stuff?”

 

“I’ll see if we have any left,” Mrs. Wu called back from the kitchen, “I may have to run to the store. Oh and will you please tell whichever one keeps on sending socks across that we’ve got enough to open a baby sock shop.”

 

Chuckling, Yifan called back to confirm before he sat down on the plush sofa and stared at the pile of parcels which had been delivered earlier that morning but had yet to be sorted out. Part of him was still amazed by the fact that the others were actually really getting involved with this whole strange situation, he had expected to be told to f*** off and leave them alone when he had contacted them but he figured that maybe it was just too tempting for them to not give into silly desires about hating him. Plus a blind man on a horse could see that he was doing a lot better in terms of health – well excluding being pregnant of course – so they really couldn’t blame him. Plus he was still on that blasted medication for his heart condition and it was being monitored closely to ensure that no harm came to him or the baby.

 

Picking up the first box, the ex-leader smirked at recognising the hurried and untidy scrawl that was Chen’s and opened it. Inside was a series of feeder cups with some cute cartoon character on it and a matching bib and plate, knife and fork set. A note was stuck on the inside of the box saying, “Saw this and couldn’t resist. Too cute! But it’s for the baby Yifan, not you so leave it alone! Love Chen” followed by a series of kisses.

 

Kyungsoo and Kai had joined together to send across a large play mat and little jungle gym attachment that came with a cuddly giraffe toy which rattled merrily when he shook it. Apparently they had a few more toys to be delivered and there was firm instructions that he was not to steal them in the slightest. Why the others had a thing for him nicking toys was beyond Yifan because it was actually Luhan who was generally responsible for taking toys from around the dorm. He had lost track of the number of times that he had to save Ace from the doe eye deer’s clutches.

 

Tao and Sehun, seemed that couple presents were really in at the moment, had sent across enough bedtime and bath time items that Yifan almost nearly didn’t go through the box because there was that much stuff in it. There were at least three blankets, pillows, sleep suits, some toddler onesies (with a note from Tao that Sehun was all for future planning) that were in the forms of a panda, rabbit, puppy, kitten, dragon, unicorn, lion, tiger, penguin, a bird of some kind and a frog as well as a bunch of baby towels, about three months supply of baby wash and shampoo and a selection of bath toys that ranged from the standard rubber ducks to a boat. Clearly the maknea’s were having fun with all of this shopping and Yifan hoped that Sehun had an understanding bank account.

 

The two puppies, Baekhyun and Chanyeol, had sent something that was actually useful in the form of a selection of large books of coupons to get a series of things as well as some promises that they would get more specific things once they knew what Yifan actually had. There was a really long note from Baekhyun complaining that Chanyeol didn’t get the notion that they had no idea about whether they were going to have a niece or a nephew and almost a whine for Yifan to sort it out soon because they had fought over it and were now not talking to one another. Thankfully the expectant mother knew that the pair would have probably already made up by now so that there was nothing to worry about there.

 

Though he did silently pray that if the father turned out to be one of the two that they would be able to sort things out because jealousy was rife between them two and it fuelled their love more than any of the others.

 

Xiumin had been his usual grown up self and sent across a bunch of nappies and baby wipes with a promise to send something more typical when the others stopped fussing on and driving him nuts.

 

Suho had obviously gotten his mother involved because his box literally contained a series of baby clothes magazine with a note pinned saying to write out an order and send it back once he knew what he wanted and he would get them. There was also a photo album in the box which when opened revealed a whole bunch of photographs of himself and the guys just messing about from their training days all the way through to things just before he left. Just to add to the tears that were already creeping down his face - Yifan was going to murder Suho when he next saw him – there were a whole bunch of other photographs where they had put something in place, like a teddy or something, which was clearly meant to be himself.

 

Yifan figured that these had probably been taken after the first few months once they had calmed down but it was sure a reminder of everything.

 

Luhan was clearly up to his usual tricks, having sent across a book entitled ‘How to be a good parent’ as well as a series of other parenting related books with a series of funny faces just drawn all over them  in post it notes which was cute if slightly irritating.

 

The last present though, left Yifan feeling a mixture of emotions. Lay’s present was simple, completely his style but so surprising at the same time. In the box were two alpha plushi’s. One about the same size as Ace but dressed in a purple dress with a funny little bow on the top of her head. The other was about half the size and had a nappy on, a yellow baby bonnet and a dummy stuck to the side. The note that accompanied simply read, “Ace needs a family too,” and Yifan didn’t know what to make of it in the slightest.

 

Lightly he sighed and cuddled the Mammy and baby alpaca’s trying to stop his heart from beating too quickly. There was nothing that could be done in regards to this situation and fretting over it would be a bad thing but part of him hoped that his instincts were leading him in the right direction. 

 

Authors bablle:

Ohh lookie this, double update for you all teehee. Hope you're still enjoying and any guesses as to whose the dadd yet?

Also totally nicked the alpac thing from an conversation with chickenisntmystyle on Gaia Online (I have the same usernmaew on there just with a space in between if you feel like bugging me on some other place) cause I totally loved it and couldn't resist using it either. 

Right, because I know it's going to come up at some point, I'll state now that Luhan, like Kris, will still always be a part of EXO for myself and hopefully the fans but things have been pushed out way too far. I love and support both of them as well as EXO itself and hope that everyone can stay strong. Going to have a mini rant on a blog post in a min methinks but please do not fear. I'm not dropping this story or Luhan from this story either, he will remain firmly in place and may actually get something to do other than just the odd little cute thing. 

We are strong Exo-L's, we are one and nothing is going to change that point. 

Anyways, feel free to comment away.