Chapter 8

Death Date: 11-18-1914

[Jaehee]

 

"Okay, class dismiss."

 

i observed everyone as they enthusiastically stood up from their seats and move out of the room. Some were talking about their due projects, while some were just talking about where to go after school. At times like this, I came to realize how nice it is to live without thinking so much. How nice it would have been to live simply just like everybody else. 

 

I can't help but wonder how hard it must have been for Jongin. All these years, he's probably met a few people spend their last day without knowing it. 

 

"Jaehee, are you alright? Since you went home last night, you've been spacing out so much. Is anything wrong?" Wendy worriedly asked. 

 

I smiled. "I'm fine," I assured. I stood up from my seat and excused myself, "I'll go first, see you at the dorm."

 

She nodded. "Alright, and whatever you may be thinking about, don't overthink about it." 

 

----

 

As I walked out of the room, I realized that I don't really know where to go. Should I just go to the study hall? The library? Or should I just go and rest in the dorm? I don't know.

 

"Maybe you should just go to the rooftop."

 

I gasped and turned around to see Kyungsoo making his way towards me. "You look so troubled. Maybe you need some fresh air, the rooftop is a perfect place to think over things." 

 

"Yeah, I guess."

 

He looked at me, his eyes filled with worry. He placed his hand on my forehead, perhaps, to check if I'm sick. "Or maybe you should go to the clinic. I can accompany you there if you like."

 

I shoom my head. "Oh no, I'm perfectly fine. Just a little stressed with schoolwork. I'll just go to the rooftop."

 

"Shall I come with you?"

 

"No, its alright. You probably have other things to do. Besides, you must have other classes too. I'd feel bad if you skip your classes because of me"

 

----

 

I stretched my arms out as I felt the air against my skin. I never knew rooftops could be this relaxing. I made my way to the corner where I could see the whole school. The view was amazing, especially with the sky starting to get dark as the night approached. 

 

I let out a wide yawn as I found myself a comfortable spot to squat on. 

 

"Well, that was so ladylike of you, yawning with your mouth wide open."

 

I looked around, startled. I thought nobody else was around. Just a few meters from me was Kim Jongin. I felt myself getting red. He stood up from his spot and sat beside me. His face looked so blank, I have no idea what he might be thinking about. 

 

"How are you? You must probably be still shocked about what you knew last night," he asked. By looking at him, I can't tell if he is worried or just plain curious.

 

"I can't help but think that maybe the death gods may just take me anytime."

 

He sighed. "I'm sorry for telling you."

 

"What are you sorry for? I deserve to know. Besides, it might be harder for you, seeing all these death dates. It might have freaked you out so much."

 

"I'm used to it," he explained. He shifted so he is now facing me, "Promise me, don't tell anyone about this, okay?" 

 

I nodded. "But on one condition, help me. I want to know the reason behind my death date, please, help me," I paused as I raised my pinky finger. "Deal?"

 

He smiled and locked his pinky finger with mine. "Deal."

 

I felt my heart leap as our fingers touched. "Alright then, I guess we should start to get along well," I chuckled nervously, I don't even know why. "Now that I think about it, I don't even know much about you besides your name."

 

He smiled. Yes, he smiled. I felt my heart race at the sight. 

 

He held out his hands and said, "Hi, my name is Kim Jongin. I was born on January 14, 1994. My favorite color is black, and my hobby is sleeping. And you are?"

 

I took his hands and answered, "It's nice to know you, Kim Jongin-ssi. I'm Park Jaehee, born on November 6, 1994. My favorite color is purple and my hobby is eating." 

 

"Its nice to know you too," he added as we shook hands.I can't help but smile like an idiot.

 

All of a sudden, everything just seemed familiar to me. Deja vu. I think thats what they call it. My head started to ache as a scene flashed in my head.

 

"Hi, my name is Lee Taehyun. I like black and love sleeping. Nice to meet you." It was a kid. I can't see his face, it was a little blurry. Weird, I'm pretty sure I've never met someone named Lee Taehyun as far as I could remember.

 

"Jaehee-ssi, are you alright?" Jongin asked, holding my arms tightly. 

 

I felt myself calm down a little as the pain in my head started to fade. What did I just see. I breathed in, "I'm fine."

 

------------------------------------------

 

[A/N] Its been a few months since my last update. :(

Sorry for not updating for a long time. I won't give any excuses. 

I just wanna tell that I finally decided to continue this story. Yay. 

I hope you guys take interest in this story. :D

xoxo