Chapter5

Death Date: 11-18-1914

[Jaehee]

 

"Good luck on being in the Sanitation club. I'll be supporting you." Wendy teased as the bell rang. It was time for the first club meeting. 

 

I rolled my eyes. "I'd appreciate it more if you'd help me instead of just supporting me."

 

She chuckled. "I'm afraid moral support is all I could offer, my dear friend." She stood up from her seat and patted my back. "See you at the dorm," she said and left.

 

Ugh. Sanitations club. For the first time In forever, I felt like reading thick and dusty history books.

 

If only that Kim Jongin didn't show up that time at the bus. I would have been in a different club. But well, if he didn't drag me out that day, I might have been a cold corpse right now, or maybe suffering at the ICU. That incident still creeps me out everytime I think about it. 

 

Yeah, it was indeed the bus we rode. I really don't know how Kim Jongin sensed that. He knew something wrong was going to happen. I kept asking him about it but he had been avoiding me since then.

 

"Jaehee, I heard you weren't able to register to a club." Kyungsoo smiled at me apologetically as he approached my seat. 

 

I shrugged. "I totally forgot about it." I didn't tell anybody about what happened that afternoon at the bus, not even Wendy. I don't know. Something is telling me to just keep it to myself. 

 

"Umm, so, let's go. The club meeting will probably start in a minute." He smiled at me as he waited for me. Kyungsoo is really the type of guy that makes a girl's heart flutter because of his actions.

 

He's a gentleman. I heard he's quite popular with the freshmen. 

 

"Hey Kyungkyungie~ Let's go together." Two other students approached us as we walked on the hallway. The two both had large grins plastered across their faces. Are these guys always this cheery?

 

The taller guy enveloped 'Kyungkyungie' into a hug. I smiled as I saw Kyungsoo's face. He looked so murderous. Never knew he had this side in him as well. Cutiepaootie.

 

"I heard Jongin will be in the Sanitation club. Haha. I kept telling him about it but he just ignored me," the shorter guy said. 

 

Jongin? "You mean Kim Jongin?" I blurted out. 

 

They looked at me.

 

"You know Jong--," Kyungsoo asked but stopped midway, "ah, right. He was with me that night. The four of us share a room." Oh, I just remembered. No wonder Jongin looked familiar. He's Kyungsoo's friend. "By the way, this is Chanyeol and Baekhyun, and this is Jaehee."

 

"Nice to meet you."

 

"Nice to meet you too, Jaehee. So you know Jongin too. He's a moody bastard, right?"

 

Oh gosh, yes he is. I wanted to tell him that but stopped myself. They are still his friends.

 

---

 

There are two questions on my mind right now. Why the hell are we cleaning right on the first club meeting? And what kind of creature is Kim Jongin?

 

I eyed him as he wiped off the dusts on the bookshelf. He looked as displeased as I am. Both of us were tasked to clean offices and for as almost an hour, Jongin had been cleaning the exact same spot. Tsk.

 

"I'm so tired!" I whined, throwing the towel on the floor. I sat down on the seat, earning a glare from Jongin. Wow, I want to pop his eyes out. 

 

"Hey, don't just sit there. Help me here so we could go home already!"

 

I massaged my temples as I felt blood rushing on my head. "How dare you complain! I've cleaned almost everything, while you've been cleaning that same spot. Finish that yourself. Wow, so annoying." 

 

"Annoying? Me?" He breathed in as he tried to calm himself down. He placed down the towel which he was using and approached me. He faced me, his face serious. "You know what, I'm tired of this. I mean, we argue all the time. It is seriously tiring."

 

I gulped. Our faces were so near to each other, I can't help but hold in my breath. "A-and? What are you trying to say?"

 

"I'm sorry for being rude to you on our first meeting and for dragging you out of the bus that afternoon. Believe me, there was an important reason for that."

 

I don't understand myself. My heart is beating so loudly, it felt like horses were running inside my heart. As I looked deeper into his eyes, I felt so happy. All the feelings were very foreign. "And t-that reason, w-what is it?" I mentally congratulated myself for managing to speak.

 

He looked away.

 

"Jongin, you knew what was going to happen that afternoon, right?"

 

His eyes widened and immediately pressed his hands on my mouth. "Have you told anyone about that?"

 

"No."

 

"Good. Do you really want to know the truth?"

 

I nodded. "I promise, I won't tell anybody."

 

He sighed. "Alright, the truth is, I actually like you. I wanted to confess to you that time so I dragged you out there. The accident was purely a coincidence."

 

Wait, what?!