Chapter 10

Death Date: 11-18-1914

I breathed in as I stepped foot out of the dorm. I took out my phone and looked at the address Chen sent me. It was the address of the person who can see death dates whom his grandma once had as a student when she was still teaching. 

 

I tighened the straps of my backpack as I started walking. I'm also planning of going home at our house after I meet with that person. At times like this, I just miss home.

 

"Jahee!"

 

I turned around and saw Jongin making his way towards me. I flashed a smile as I waited for him, amused by his choice of clothing. Everything was black, from his cap to his sneakers.

 

He looked at my bag, "You seem to be bringing a lot of things today."

 

"I'm skipping classes today," I sheepishly said. I've been skipping classes lately, its starting to become a habit. This should be the last. 

 

The sides of his lips curved into a sneaky smile. "I was planning to skip mine too. Where are you headed to?" he asked as we startes walking side by side towards the bus stop.

 

"I'm going home. When I feel bothered about something, having my mother by my side can make me feel better. But before that," I stopped as I contemplated whether I should tell him or not. "I-I'm going to meet this person. This person has the same abilities as you. Maybe he knows things we don't."

 

He looked at me, shocked. "Really? Let's go together. Please."

 

____________

 

"This bus isn't full of August 15, 2014, right?" I jokingly asked Jongin as we rode the bus. I remembered that day when he dragged me out of the bus to save me from the accident.

 

"Don't worry, no sign of today's date here." He grabbed my hands and pulled me towards the two empty seats at the back. 

 

As the bus took off, I took out the neck pillow I stuffed inside my bag. I always have it with me everytime I travel. The trip is said to take more than an hour so I decided to be prepared. I noticed Jongin eyeing my caterpillar neck pillow. 

 

"What?"

 

He mischievously smiled. "What?"

 

I rolled my eyes and decided to just sleep after comfortably putting the neck pillow. Before I knew it, I was deep asleep. 

 

"Sleeping beauty, wake up. We're almost there." 

 

I slowly opened my eyes one at a time as I heard Jongin's voice waking me up. It was also then when I became aware of the fact that I was already leaning on his shoulders. I felt all my consciousness rush into me and hurriedly fixed my neck pillow back into place. It was almost falling off.

 

I heard him chuckle. "Its alright. My shoulder is always available when you need it," he assured, tapping his shoulders. "But it would have been better if you weren't snoring," he added.

 

I gasped, looking at him defensively. "I don't snore!"

 

_____________

 

"Wow, Chen didn't inform.me he was this rich." We stood outside a huge house,  surveying its exteriors. It stood out among all other houses so it was easier for us to find.

 

Jongin took a few steps closer and ran his fingers through the gate. "Its a little dusty, and the house looked like nobody has lived there for a few months don't you think?"

 

I examined the house once again and realized how dusty the windows looked. There were also many dry leaves on the ground.

 

"Excuse me," a lady in her forties called out as she approached us.

 

"Good day, ma'am," I greeted. "Perhaps, do you know the person living here?"

 

She smiled sadly as she answered, "He already died a few months ago. He and his girlfriend got into an accident. After that, his parents moved to America that's why this house is already abandoned."

 

I bit my lip in dismay. Seems like there's no way to talk with him anymore. 

 

"It was really sad. They got into a car accident but was hurriedly taken into the hospital, however, the ambulance they were also got into a road accident. That's how he and his girlfriend lost their lives," she elaborated. "But you know what's weird, it seems like they already knew that they were going to die that day. There were rumors that he can see death dates. Do you think that's even possible?" 

 

I glanced at Jongin, "Of course, that's impossible."

 

Her face brightened, "Right? A rumor is just a rumor." She laughed, tapping my back. "Alright, I'll be going then."

 

I bowed at her as I waved her goodbye. 

 

"This person knew that they were going to die that day?  He knew his own death date?" Jongin looked puzzled.

 

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked.

 

He looked straight into my eyes as he admitted, "I can't see mine."

 

_____________________________________________________________

[A/N] Omggg have you seen the MV for Call me Baby?

Asdfghjkkll slayyyy