Chapter3

Death Date: 11-18-1914

[Jongin]

 

I know it's stupid. I don't know what's gone into me. I can't believe I'm hiding behind a large plant box right now just for a girl I barely knew. Yes, a girl named Park Jaehee. Its not that I like her. I really dont but there's just something in her that piqued my interest. 

 

She's supposed to be dead a hundred years ago. It just doesn't make sense!

 

"I was really scared! I could really feel it, somebody was following me!"

 

I was barely breathing as I listened to their chitchat with a girl--probably her best friend. Her brows rising up as she tried to explain how scared she was. "I totally regret walking."

 

They were out for breakfast at a nearby restaurant near the dorms. I looked around and noticed that people were already giving me weird looks. I mean, would a sane guy come to a restaurant and just hide behind a plant box. I bet people thought I was crazy. But since all surrounding seats were taken, I didn't have a choice.

 

I'm supposed to be sitting in my Marketing class right now. Never have I imagined in my twenty years of existence, I'd be doing this kind of dumb thing.  

 

And yes, she was talking about me. I was following her last night. I didn't think she would notice. Damn. 

 

"Maybe it was just another college student on the way to the dorm too!"

 

"I don't know! Nobody was there."

 

"Eyy, or maybe you were just imagining things!" The other girl playfully poked her arms but after seeing her friend's not so amused face, "Sorry, just kidding. Alright, don't worry. If someone was really following you, I'll help you get rid of that stalker." She stood up and threw low kicks in the air.

 

Stalker? I'm not a stalker. I'm just observing. Its entirely different. Tsk. I was plainly curious. Maybe she's some sort of an immortal woman, or maybe a vampire. Oh, maybe she's a zombie.

 

All sort of things ran through my mind as I continued listening to them. My curiosity had been bugging me since the night I first saw her. I'm pretty sure there's a big reason behind her death date.

 

----------------------------------

 

I ended up missing half of my classes today. After lunch, she was sent to the clinic for mild stomach pain. Of course, since I need to observe, I pretended that my head was hurting and stayed at the clinic. I rested at the bed beside her. 

 

"Hey, what are you doing here?" 

 

"Oh, Kyungsoo. How'd you know I was here?" I counter-asked, keeping my voice slow since other students were also resting here.

 

He gave out an uneasy laugh as his eyes rested on Jaehee, sleeping. Oh yeah, I forgot they knew each other. "Ah, so you were visiting her?" I asked him teasingly. 

 

I would be dense if I'd say I didn't know my friend has dibs for her. His face was now turning bright red. "I was just checking if she was feeling better." He looked so panicky; he kept his gaze away as he kept fumbling with his brown leather watch that he literally wore everywhere. 

 

"Oh come on, don't be shy. She's resting perfectly fine," I told him, glancing at her. She looked serene while sleeping. So beautif--what was I thinking. I brushed the thought away.

 

I turned back to Kyungsoo and he was now looking at me. "Yeah, and by the way, why are you here? Don't tell me you skipped class again and pretended to be sick?" 

 

I sat up from the bed I was and looked at him innocently. "What are you talking about?"

 

"Oh come on, you act differently when you're sick." This time, he looked calm again and talked to me like I was a little kid caught doing something stupid. "The last time you were sick, you were crying for your mom."

 

I sighed, "I'm just tired. And I don't cry for my mom all the time! " I can't just tell him I had been following around the girl he likes. And besides, he still doesn't know about my unusual capability. I never told anyone besides my family.

 

"Alright. Rest well. I'll get going"

 

I nodded.

 

It was just 15 minutes before 4pm when the bus stopped in front of the dorm's gate. When Jaehee woke up, she immediately headed to the dorm so I followed suit. I still haven't found anything weird from her and I'm starting to think of just giving up. Maybe it was better to just not care at all like I always did. 

 

We were walking to the dorms as I followed her. Suddenly she stopped walking and gasped. "Darn it!" she exclaimed and hurriedly turned back and ran back out of the gate. 

 

Where is she going?!

 

I casually followed her out but saw her riding back a bus to school. I was hesitant, but still ended up following her. Something was telling me that I should. 

 

I sat on the seat behind her. I looked around and was horrified.

 

What the hell?!

 

This bus is filled with today's date, August 8,2014.

 

Damn.