Chapter 11

Death Date: 11-18-1914

 

Jongin sighed for the nth time. He really wanted to meet that person who could also see death dates. "I could have asked him about my death date," he muttered. 

 

I tapped his shoulder, "Its alright. Maybe its better this way, you not knowing your death date."

 

He shrugged. "I dont know. Maybe."

 

I tapped him again, this time, a little bit harder. "Aye, don't think about it so much. Cheer up," I exclaimed as I smiled at him widely. 

 

He smiled back. "Alright." He ran his fingers through his hair as he started walking. He stopped and looked back at me, "Are you not going back to the uni?"

 

"Ah, right." I hurriedly ran after him and we headed back to the bus stop. It was already noon so I could already feel my sweat trickling down my forehead as we walked under the heat of the sun. I stopped on my tracks as I saw a ramyun shop just a few blocks away. 

 

Jongin got started as I pulled him with me towards the shop. "Let's have lunch first. Don't worry, its my treat," 

 

He chuckled and grabbed my hands. "Then, let's hurry. I'm hungry." 

 

______________

 

"Woah, I'm so full." Jongin stretched his arms out in the air as we walked out of the shop. 

 

I puffed my cheeks as I told him, "I should have paid. I told you, its my treat."

 

He shook his head. "Nah, I'm the man here. Its just proper that I paid," he explained. Suddenly, a man who was rushing to work bumped into me, causing me to lose balance. Fortunately, Jongin was fast enough to grab my hands. "Careful," he exclaimed.

 

"Thanks." I could feel myself blushing.

 

He smiled. The rest of the walk to the bus stop took ten minutes. I looked at my watch and it was already one pm.

 

"Ah right, you're going home, right?" he asked. 

 

I nodded. "You can go first, there are many buses here that are headed to our uni."

 

"No, I'll go after you can ride one." He sat down one of the benches and motioned me to sit next to him. I gladly obliged. The wait took almost half an hour.

 

"Finally," I exclaimed as I stood up. I wiped off the sweat on my forehead and covered my face from the heat of the sun with my hands. "Woah, its so hot."

 

Jongin stood up and faced me. He took off his cap and put it on me.  "You should have at least brought a cap or sunglasses."

 

I could feel my heart beat so fast as if there was a horse running inside it. 

 

His lips curled into a tiny smile, "Don't get too  flustered." He lightly poked my forehead and added, "Have a safe trip home."

 

What's this? Why is my heart acting this way? Maybe I should go meet my doctor next time. I think I'm sick. I cleared my throat as I tried to calm myself down. "T-thanks, I'll get going."

 

"And also, remember, you promised to keep my secrets to anyone. And by anyone, that includes your family," he reminded.

 

"Tsk, of course I know that. Don't worry."

 

_______________

 

The sound of the doorbell echoed as I pressed the buzzer. I can hear my mother rushing to the door. It felt so good hearing it again after a long time. Well, not really that long. It'd only been a month but I really just miss home. Our house isn't really that big but it is the most comfortable place ever.

 

I grinned as my mother opened the door. Her eyes widened as she saw me. "Oh, Jaehee-yah! Why are you here?" 

 

I pouted, "Mom, it'd been a month since you last saw me. Can't you at least act like you're happy to see me?" I entered the house and hugged her tight.

 

She smiled, "Aigoo, did you skip your classes again?" She jokingly pinched my sides, "This kid, really."

 

"Mom, I missed you."

 

"I missed you too." She smiled and took my bag with her and placed it on the sofa. "But why brought you here all of a sudden? Are you having a hard time at school?"

 

I shook my head.

 

She gasped, "Then don't tell me, love problems?"

 

I looked at her in disbelief, "Of course not. I've never even had a boyfriend. And I don't have problems, don't worry."

 

"Well then that's great, my friend is coming over for dinner tonight and she's bringing her son with her." She headed to the kitchen and wore her apron. "I heard her son is so good-looking. He's also around your age. You're turning 20 this year so don't you think it is the right time for you to have a boyfriend?"

 

"Eyy, mom, I don't need a boyfriend." I took the extra apron on the cabinet and wore it. "Shall I cut this into cubes? Or into strips?" I asked as I started washing the carrots.

 

________________

 

Night came and mother's visitors came. It was a lady about the same age as mom and together with her was a young man my age. I admit, he's indeed good-looking. 

 

"Oh, is this your kid?" I can clearly see the glee on my mother's face as she studied the young man's face. I bet she's thinking of ways to match us up. 

 

"Good evening, ma'am. My name is Lee Taehyun."

 

What? Lee Taehyun? It sounds familiar. 

 

_______________________________________________________________________

[A/N] Another chapter. Sorry, Its a little rushed and I'm personally a little disappointed on how it turned out but I hope you'd still enjoy it. Don't worry, I'll make it up with a better chapter next time. Heehee. Peace.