Chapter1

Death Date: 11-18-1914

Jongin sighed. There were about five people in the convenience store, excluding him--a girl about his age, an old man with a younger man who seemed to be his son, and a lady with a little boy crying beside her. 

 

He could see it--the numbers floating in top of people's head which stated their date of death. It was an ability he wished he didn't have. It hurt him seeing people unaware of their impending death, and yet he couldn't do anything. 

 

"I told you, we'll just buy that toy next time," the lady explained to his son.

 

But there's no more next time...

 

The lady sighed as the kid cried louder. "You're really a brat! I told you next time! Stop crying already."

 

The little boy wailed as he finally let go of his mother's skirt. He ran away out of the store and out to the streets.

 

Jongin closed his eyes and avoided what was bound to happen next. There was silence. It was later followed by a loud crash and a woman shrieking. 

 

August 4, 2014

 

The date that day, and just so happened to be the date of death of the little boy.

 

---

 

"Hey, you should've gone with us. It was supper fun. You missed half of your life, man." Baekhyun boasted. He is one of my four roommates in the dorm. He just came from a hangout with our new college buddies.

 

"Alright. Alright, I get it." I waived my hand dismissively as I went to the kitchen. Our dorm is pretty much spacious and complete with things and appliances. Its just one room but it was divided pretty well. 

 

"There were a lot of pretty girls," Chanyeol butted in. I didn't know he was there until he spoke. He just came out of the bathroom with his hands on his tummy, " I was so full a while ago. The food was so yummy."

 

"Uh-huh," I replied. I swore I could see the frown on their faces due to my lack of interest. With a bottle of drink in my hand, I approached my bed and decided to just lay there and rest. 

 

"Man, you should live your life to the fullest instead of locking up yourself here you know. Who knows, we might die tomorrow," Chanyeol said as he laid on the sofa and the TV. 

 

I chuckled. "Believe me, you'll have pretty long lives."

 

"No one really knows," Baekhyun insisted as he joined Chanyeol on the sofa, sitting on top of the tall guy's long legs. I shrugged.

 

"Ouch! Ouch! You're so heavy!" Chanyeol cried out, earning an evil laugh from the smaller guy.

 

Jongin cant help but roll his eyes. He cant believe he is stuck with this guys throughout college. Suddenly, his phone rang. It was Kyungsoo. "Yeah, what?" 

 

"I bought some food, and I would really appreciate it if you could come and help me," Kyungsoo replied, sounding a bit annoyed. Well, he always sounded annoyed. 

 

"Be there in a minute," I lazily replied before hanging up. 

 

---

 

August 24, 2068

 

Kyungsoo's death date. I can see it from afar. It floated on top of his head like it was written with blood. I used to freak out when I was a kid, but I'm more used to it now.

 

"Hey!" I called out. 

 

He handed me two bags of food, with two bags also with him. "I was trying to contact Baekhyun but that guy just don't answer my calls. Good thing Jaehee was also on the way here and helped me bring it here from the bus."

 

"Jaehee?"

 

He nodded as we started to walk inside our dorm. "Oh, she's an acquaintance from my History class. She also lives at the female dorm. It just so happened that we were riding the same bus."

 

"Then you should have asked her to bring it up to the room," I joked. 

 

"No girls are allowed, remember?" Kyungsoo reminded me like a mom. Their university has two dorms, the male and female's dorm. The female's dorm is just a few blocks across ours.

 

As we were about to ride the elevator, a girl called out Kyungsoo's name. He smiled as he saw that it was the girl who helped him. 

 

"I forgot something," she said sheepishly as she shyly scratched her head. "My food, I placed it inside one of your plastic bags."

 

Kyungsoo chuckled. "Oh right," he hurriedly searched the bag he had, "Here." 

 

As the girl reached out for it. Kyungsoo let out an awkward laugh. 

 

"Thanks."

 

I tried to stop myself from laughing. It was the first time seeing my friend acting so shy and awkward. I looked at the girl and was dumbfounded. 

 

She's very pretty but other than that, her date of death...

 

November 18, 1914

 

That was about 100 years ago.