Chapter 15

Racer Nana vs Chef Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She puts the glove on, and her racing attire was complete with that. Nana looked up and bowed at her president who was happened to talk with Hanbyul. She smiled when he tapped her shoulder as he passed near her, asked her to being extra careful. The outside was still raining heavily, so the track would be very slippery and super dangerous. It was common for her, to compete in a rain and it did not really concern her, but what concerns her at that moment was him. Would he be fine with that? Nana makes a super hard decision under every circumstance. Either he wanted it or not, it was her work to begin with. He did not really against it but he was hesitating. Of course he would, after all it was literally hard for him to accept everything at once and he used to have a girlfriend who had an accident in racing track.

Nana sighed and stood up, tried to calm her nerves with easy exercises. She would be perfectly fine with that race, and she was not worry about that. She then threw a glance at Hanbyul who was checking up his car again and again. She knew that the weather was not helping most of the racers’ feeling at that moment. They have to be extra careful; because it was raining and she doubt the sponsors and organizers would postpone the race just because of that. The racers’ safety never was matter for them, it was all about them to begin with and it was all about money. Did you think they would pay for one more day for the track, nope they would never? Surprisingly, it did not surprise most of the racers and all of them had to overcome the fear of the weather. Most of them already prepared for it before racing day, some even practicing with a worse weather ever. She too, gets prepared of it. You could say that, all of them were become fearless in order to win or at least to gain a new nickname for them. In their world, there was no such thing as safety, money and fame matter for them. Money indicated to the pay of their hard work and fame indicated to their future because the more popular the racers were, the more they get the opportunity outside the racing world.

“Is it yours already perfectly fine? You’ve that insecurity to check it back again and again.” Nana said as she walked towards Hanbyul and threw her hands around his waist, making him stopped whatever he did at that time. That latter just chuckled at her remark, while playfully ruffled her hair.

“You don’t want to check yours? The mechanic teams in a daze when you went missing yesterday and Jerry became the victim to test yours.” Nana burst out at that, well when something came up, Jerry would be there to save her. Kim Jei Li, a junior of their mechanic team and one of the people she puts her trust on. And she was the one who named him as Jerry just because of his Korean name who sounded like ‘Jerry’ if they convert it to English. He liked it, everyone liked it, and then it settled. “Jerry was being nagging granny yesterday and it was damn funny. I never thought he would lose his patience because of you. You should take a look at his face and everyone in here was cracking real hard. Even the president who comes to visit yesterday said that Jerry was already changed. You know how shy he was before, I can’t imagine.”

“Is he? Ah! I just lose one chance to look at him changing. He comes too far to act like that. I raise him right. Right, Jerry?” Hanbyul was cracking up when she joked as she raised up her voice at that time, supposedly all of the people who were there was literally cracking up because of that. Well, Jerry just stood up beside her and nodded, acknowledged that he was changing and he realized it. Well, it was funny for them because one, Jerry was a shy type and did not really spoke up. At that moment, everyone know he had funny side and yeah, his nagging side. Even his nagging was funny, when she heard the story about it, she could not stay still but laughing hard. Nana raised her arm and tapped Jerry’s shoulder several times, causing him to look at her and smile. Times running so fast, in a month he will gain his seniority in mechanic team.

Nana looked at the surrounding, she did not know what happened towards her but she had that urged to be nice to all of people around her as much as she could because she was never before. She was too absorbed in her own problem without thinking about her surrounding much. She would miss that moment, it might be the last moment of them and she wanted to secure it. Thinking about it back, she had a nice people around her but she overlooked it. All she knew was Hanbyul, works, ‘those’ mechanics team, teams- well; she admitted that except Hanbyul and her work, she did not have anything else before.

“Eunyoung will be here. Is Chanyeol will be here too?” Hanbyul asked then, raised his left eyebrow when she shrugged her shoulders. Hanbyul whirled her around to face him, Nana stares at him with a blank face when Hanbyul who did not always get serious looked at her with a serious face. “You know… you’re strong and I’m quite jealous of you because of that. If me, I don’t think I can stand here, smiling like this. You make me wonder, are you really okay? You will be fine with today’s race, right? Will you be bother by this? I’m worrying over your condition. I- I hope the nightmare won’t come again in the middle of…”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” She stated the unobvious then, but… since he already asked it, she wanted to be honest but she could not. To be very honest she worried about that as well. She… had a feeling which she was very unsure about it. Actually, she doubts that she would be fine. Just how shaking she was last night? The nightmares came again.

 

‘Dear God, if this is my fate, I’ll accept it wholeheartedly, because I know… I can feel it’

‘Chanyeol-ah, you…might…’                               

Nana tightened her grip on the racing suit she wore. She could not face Hanbyul anymore as the concern plastered all over his face. She was trembling, very, because she predicted that something might happen and she did not have good feeling about that season’s race either. Neither her feeling nor her condition was good at that moment. She tried to be positive but it was not helping either.

 

 

They had been waiting for rain to stop for almost half an hour but it did not, Nana sighed at that. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter