Two

Black Leather Jacket

Kris POV

Kris took a sip of his cold, refreshing orange pop. It fizzed in his mouth. He swallowed. "Ahhh." 

This city where Kris had escaped to now seemed so small-town compared to what he's used to. It was nice though. Fairly quiet, fairly peaceful, extremely relaxing and enjoyable. Not too many people...

Kris paced slowly down the hall in his black leather jacket. It was- of course- fashionable, brand new, two thousand dollars, and Gucci, Kris's favourite brand. He removed his shades and folded them, hanging them coolly from the neckline of his blue t-shirt. He leaned against the wall of the large corridor, waiting for the next viewing of a movie to start. Only about ten or fifteen other people were scattered throughout the expanse of the hall. Some of the girls eyed Kris suspiciously and whispered with their friends but luckily no one recognized or approached him. He lowered his hat to shade his eyes.

Kris just came to enjoy himself and most likely mentally make fun of the poor acting quality throughout the film. Thinking about it though, it would probably be a good idea to use the washroom before the movie starts, just in case. 

Kris glanced one way and then the other. He found the men's washroom sign overhead a door to his left and down the hall a little ways. Reluctantly, he got up from where he was resting against the wall and made his way to the bathroom. He kept his pace discreet. 

Upon nearing the bathroom, Kris heard some interesting sounds coming from inside. Not interesting sounds like... that... just arguing of some description. Kris was about to enter but his stride faltered as he heard the hushed words "... go, you stupid !" Instead of entering, Kris pressed his ear against the door to listen, still eyeing everyone in the corridor to make sure no one was watching him. What a creep. 

Someone with a much higher pitched voice was begging "Please! Please!" in very mangled Mandarin. Kris frowned. That person was obviously crying. He should do something, but it would be wrong to interrupt. Kris heard a "Leave me alone!" from a deeper voice as well as a "Let go!" There was a loud smack and rushed footsteps pounding towards the door. Kris jumped out of the way and quickly hid around the corner, not wanting to get caught. He peeked to find a big scary lookin dude storming off in the opposite direction. He sighed a breath of relief he hadn't even realized he was holding. 

After a couple more seconds, when he was sure the coast was clear and that guy wasn't going to come rough him up or something, Kris slipped into the bathroom and nearly yelped at the sight. Some long legged, black haired kid with ripped grey skinny jeans and a perfect lay collapsed on the floor with his forehead dripping blood. He wasn't unconscious either. Nearly though.

 His lanky body rest motionless. The only factor indicating life was the deep rise and fall of his chest and the blinking of his half-lidded eyes. 

Kris regrouped. He looked toward the bathroom stalls, thinking how much easier this situation would be if he just ignored the boy, went to the bathroom, and moved on. That thought disappeared quickly though, as he knew he couldn't be that horrible of a person.

"H-hey, you." He set his still full drink on the sink counter and hesitantly kneeled down beside the boy. "Um, excuse me, are you alright kid?" Tao just blinked and shifted his gaze to look at Kris, without turning his head. He frowned and groaned as he weakly moved an arm and held his forehead with the palm of his hand. He pulled it away and frowned more when it was smeared with red. 

This guy definitely wasn't unattractive in Kris' opinion. His eyes were sharp, well defined and had dark circles underneath, intimidating like an assassin. They were puffy and red from crying. His cheeks were tinted pink and his lips were so pouty and cute, counteracting with the intense eyes. 

"Uh, y-yeah, of course I'm fine," Tao explained in a barely audible tone. "Why wouldn't I be?" 

Why wouldn't he be fine? Kris was about to point out the fact that his face was very obviously dripping all over the tile and he was on the floor, dazed and such, when he noticed the boy's eyes well with tears and his lower lip was twitching. He bit it. It continued to quiver. He scrunched together his eyes and grimaced. He immediately hid his face under his hands as he gasped shakily. His whole body trembled visibly. He curled into a tighter ball. 

Kris reached his hand out and set it on his shoulder experimentally. The boy flinched. Kris didn't retract his arm, instead he began rubbing it slowly against the fabric of his shirt in what he hoped was a soothing way. After a minute of crouching down, rubbing this guy's shoulder, his breathing slowed and he peeked out from under his hands, a look of surprise and confusion written on his face. 

"What... what are you doing..?" 

They looked at each other for a moment. Kris' hand motion stilled. He didn't say anything, just pulled it way. What was he doing? 

"Wait," Tao said quietly. Kris stared. Tao cast his glance away awkwardly. "I mean... it wasn't bad though..." Kris grinned a little. Tao shuffled and Kris helped to sit him up. Kris stood up (Tao nearly wimpered because he really didn't want the kind stranger to leave him) and moved swiftly to acquire some wet paper towel. 

Kris knelt back down (which Tao was thankful for) and gently wiped away the dried blood to find that the cut was small and already done bleeding. Around it was red though, and Kris could tell he was going to have a pretty nasty bruise for a while. He must have hit his head pretty bad. It definitely wasn't bad enough to call an ambulance though. 

"What's your name? You remember, don't you?" Kris asked, deep, rough voice low and questioning. 

"Mmm," the boy hummed. "I'm Huang Zitao, but just call me Tao."

"Okay, Tao, where are you from?" Kris spoke slowly and clearly so he could hear properly. 

"Uh, I was born in QingDao, but who are you?"

"People call me Kris... but my real name is Wu Yi Fan, and it's probably alright if you want to call me that... just not around other people."

Tao nodded. The name seemed kind of familiar but Tao couldn't place where he'd heard or seen it before. 

"So are you going to tell me what happened?" Kris gestured tho the mark on Tao's forehead. 

Tao bit his lip and looked away. He wore the expression of a kicked puppy. "I... tripped," he explained. Kris sighed. 

"And that guy?"

"Uhh, what guy?"

"The guy that yelled at you..?"

"... not important."

Kris sighed again. "So, how are you planning to get home?"

Tao thought for a second. "Walking."

Kris chucked randomly, startling Tao a bit. "Really? Walking?"

"... yeah, so?"

"Can you even stand up?" Kris amusedly asked. Kris stood up and held out both arms as support. Tao took them and heaved himself to his feet. A wave of dizziness crashed over him and he swayed from side to side then grabbed onto Kris to keep from falling. Kris wrapped his arms around him and held him supportively to regain his balance. Tao looked down and Kris could tell he was blushing furiously. 

"I'll drive you," Kris offered casually. Tao smiled. Then groaned and held his head again. Tao wrapped his arms around tighter for a second, then loosened his grip again. His cheeks were even more red. Kris just faintly heard a quiet, "Thank you... Kris." He smiled warmly. 

"... you're welcome, Tao."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: There you go, chapter 2! I know, I know, it took me forever to update but I have plenty of school getting in the way at the moment. Please leave a comment! I have one so far and I'm really grateful for anything you guys say, honestly it really makes my day :3