Chappie one!

Black Leather Jacket

Tao POV 

Tao grinned helplessly to himself and sunk further into his creaky movie theatre seat. He works hard at his job at a popular ice cream shop in town and just got his pay check so tonight he's treating himself to a movie in a local cinema. This was an especially rare occasion as Tao lives alone with a fairly steep apartment rent and only a part time job. That meaning he can't spare much cash on himself. 

Tao took the liberty of dressing up in decent clothes that were miraculously not dirty. This included his most prized article; a y pair of ripped grey skinny jeans that made his look perfect. They'd cost forty five bucks and Tao had to work a few weeks just to pay them off, but it was totally worth it. Besides his clothes, he did his hair all nice, and even threw on a touch of eyeliner because why not, it looked great on him. 

Tao was alone. It's not that he didn't have any friends, it's just that he really just preferred to be alone. He liked to consider himself a very independent person. It's his way of life, after all. He lives by himself in a small, cozy apartment full of cheap mismatched furniture, more comfortable than anything expensive in his opinion. He sometimes works his shift at work alone, sometimes with Luhan or Chen, and they're great people, but Tao isn't super close to either of them. 

Hugging his popcorn, watching the previews flash, Tao absorbed the booming surround-sound and felt the floor vibrate beneath his feet. He'd just settled in when he realized how badly he had to pee. Great. The movie hadn't started yet at least. He'll just have to hurry so that he can make it back before it does start. 

Tao stood and turned awkwardly to tuck his popcorn bag in between the seat and backrest of the collapsible chair, then shuffled past the other seats along the row to arrive at the isle. His old blue and white converse sneakers stuck to the floor where a puddle of sticky pop had been split. Tao felt the crunch of discarded popcorn pieces under his shoe as well. Despite this and the chattery crowded theatre, Tao was actually having a great night. No work, no responsibilities, just a night off to enjoy for himself. He sighed happily. Freedom. 

Tao made his way through the doors, down the hall, and into the surprisingly deserted washroom. Only one stall of three was occupied. How convenient. Tao stepped confidentially towards the second stall down when the first one's door opened. He froze.

 Blood ran ice cold through his veins. He suppressed a shudder as a chilly shiver crawled through his body. The colour in his face physically drained. His breath caught in his throat. He stared, terrified, at the man only a foot in front of him for a few uncomfortable moments before finally uttering out a chocked and hardly audible, "...you."

The man was tall, exceptionally tan, and ridiculously muscular. The sides of his head were shaved and the hair on top was dark and fluffed up. His unamused glare was intense and his sharp dark eyes burned into Tao's chest painfully. He towered over Tao's slender frame in the close proximity. Tao trembled. "Taeyang," came his soft whisper. 

He raised an arm and Tao automatically flinched, cowering slightly at the motion. The hand landed forcefully on Tao's shoulder and he winced. Tao's catlike, darkly-lined eyes shone up at the man with fear and pain and so many other emotions so obviously glittering within them. The man only smirked. He leaned towards Tao and in a sickeningly sweet tone, hot and fiery against the other boy's cheek, he whispered, "Excuse me, panda."

The nickname hit Tao like a blow to his diaphragm and he felt the air knocked out of his chest. Taeyang simply slid past and strutted to the sink to wash his hands. Tao let out a shaky breath as he did. He watched until the man was about to leave. "Wait!" He called with a tight, hesitant voice as Taeyang reached for the door handle. He paused and turned. Tao's legs began to shake uncontrollably, threatening to buckle and collapse under his weight. 

"Yes?" He hissed harshly. Tao gulped. 

"I just... I want to t-talk to you," he stuttered out nervously. 

"There's nothing to talk about," he spat back, voice thick with a passionate venom. "What's done is done." He turned again to the door. On instinct, Tao lunged forward and grabbed his wrist. 

"Please," he cried pathetically, "just wait! Please don't go." His words quivered with hesitancy. 

Taeyang spun around with a fiery glare. "Let go, you stupid ." He demanded in a low growl. 

Tao only clung on more and cried louder, "Please!"

"Leave me alone!" 

Tears were now sliding down Tao's cheeks. He clutched onto Taeyang's arm for support. 

"LET GO!"

The powerful yell was followed by the thunderous clap of skin striking skin echoing through the small room and a whimper as a limp body heavily smacked the floor, palms slapping against cold tile. A grunt from the impact. The door slammed shut. 

Tao lie on his stomach in a heap of limbs, partially curled into a ball, broken and alone, sobbing to himself in the empty movie theatre bathroom. The sting of his slapped cheek only a fraction of the wild, merciless pain burning hot in his chest. His heart clenched. 

Tao lifted his head briefly just to allow it to fall back down. It pounded intensely. His vision was blurred. His head was spinning and dizzy as hell. All his thoughts were clouded and seemed smudged together, unreadable. All he really knew was that it hurt. It hurt so bad. More inside than out. Scars inside that would never heal. 

Why did it have to be this way?

 After a moment Tao tried crawling up to a sitting position but his body ached and he decided there was no point. He didn't even care any more. He rest his head on the floor once again and closed his eyes, only because he couldn't possibly tolerate holding them open any longer. The only comfort he found was lying down, allowing his body to be limp and unstrained. That, and the thick oozing warmth trickling down his face. The heat against his cold flesh caused goosebumps and a shiver. 

In between shaken, broken gasps for air Tao murmured to himself, "Why?"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: So there's chapter one. Super short, kinda dumb, and not particularity happy... Oh well... In any case please please comment and let me know what you think so far! I'm always open to constructive criticism so also feel free to point out what needs work so that I can improve my skills. Please subscribe and upvote as well! Thanks so much for your support and please continue to read my fanfic! :3

~ Kritter