Nine

Black Leather Jacket


Awww~ You guuuys~~  So, I was getting seriously bummed out about my writing, thinking this fanfic is super crappy and poorly done and that no one actually likes it or cares at all and all that... But you started commenting and I had no idea people were actually interested in my thing! Absolutely thank you so so much for all your support, it seriously means a lot, you don't even know how appreciated it makes me feel when you comment stuff like that. It's so great, I luv uu! ^=^

With that, here's your chapter 9!

~~~~~~~~~

Kris POV (ish...)

"Ring, ring... Ring, ring... Ring, ring..... The number you have called is not available at the mome- beep"

Kris sighed in frustration and ran a balmy hand through his thick brown hair. A few chilly, slender fingertips were suddenly placed against the soft, warm flesh of his cheek. He didn't bother turn his head to look at the girl. He sent another text. 

Kris stood near the gate to the movie set, occasionally glancing from the screen of his phone to everywhere possible, completely ignoring the greedy caresses of Kiki's hand his face for attention. "Wuu~~" she whined, "stop texting that brat. You'll only annoy him more.  Obviously he doesn't want to talk to you. He ran away from you, he's probably just not into you the way I am."

Kris replied, voice being a low predatory growl the girl had never heard from him before, "Kiki, drop the act. No one's looking."

"I'm serious though! Kiss me Krissy~" She pressed her body against the side of Kris' as he continued to stare at his phone. He nudged her off in annoyance. 

"Don't call me Krissy. And I'm not going to kiss you."

"You act too cold towards your girlfriend!" she pouted. "If you keep pushing me away like this someone will realize, Kris. If you don't at least pretend you love me someone will figure out you're gay and you know if that happens you'll be kicked clean off this movie. Who knows, being into guys could possibly destroy your entire career. In that case, you're being way too obvious, sweetheart. Put away your phone and give me a little attention instead."

Kris just shuffled further away and mumbled, " the staff isn't watching. The director isn't around. I have no reason to act close with you. I'm busy trying to find my Tao."

"Damn it Kris, he already left you!" Kiki shrieked angrily. "What more will it take for you to realize that he doesn't want to be with you?! That stupid kid doesn't love you, I do."

She was against Kris again, wrapping herself around him. Kris stared her dead in the thickly-lined eye with an unamused glare. He pushed her back just before she got the chance to attach her lips to his face like a clingy, bloodsucking leech. " He is not stupid. I need to know that he's okay."

"Ughh," she groaned noisily. She clenched her fists and stomped her high-heel high tops furiously. She huffed. Kris still didn't look up. She furrowed her eyebrows and pouted her lips. "Fine then! Be that way! See if I care!" Kris watched amusedly the actress stormed off. Right. Because you obviously don't care at all.

~~~~~~

>>You
3:13pm
I worry because
 I really love you

Kris was pulled over in a grocery store parking lot, texting Tao. After confessing, he bit his lip in anticipation of the boy's reply. The "Tao is typing" bubble appeared and Kris' sweaty, slightly quivering death grip on his cell phone tightened. His entire body was engulfed in an uncomfortable heat. He could nearly feel himself perspiring from sheer embarrassment and nervousness. 

>>PandaTaozi :3
3:14pm
aw.thats lovely,

Kris stared, befuddled, at the screen. He blinked a few times. He was about to open his keyboard to ask something along the lines of "WTF?!!" when a new text arrived. 

>>PandaTaozi :3
3:14pm
but well, im not into you that way
at all
sorry

Kris didn't move. He only sighed out every ounce of air through his nose until his chest felt compressed, half-lidded eyes clouded over in confusion and disappointment. Tao, I thought you loved me too. A thought suddenly came to mind. 

>>You
3:15pm
Did you meet Kiki? She's not my girlfriend... Not in real life anyway. Is that why you're upset?

>>PandaTaozi :3
3:15pm
whatever. it seriously kills me to admit this... but i don't have money for a cab... and you have a car... i assume you see where this is going...

Kris laughed suddenly. It surprised himself. 

>>You
3:16pm
No way! You're going to have to ask a lot nicer than that first ;)

>>PandaTaozi :3
3:16pm
kiss my , idiot

>>You
3:16pm
Whatever you say baby ;)

>>PandaTaozi :3
3:16pm
ew.kris. no. 

>>You
3:16pm
Come on~~~
ask sweetly and I might come

>>PandaTaozi :3
3:17pm
>:( Kris, would you please come pick me up and drive me home in that nice fancy car of yours (there is no emoticon scowling hard enough to express my rage at the moment.)

>>You
3:17pm
Good boy! Now, go into maps on your phone and send me the address of your location

*receives address and another frowny face* 

>>You
3:19pm
What the hell are you doing all the way over there?!

>>PandaTaozi :3
3:19pm
riding a hippo. 

>>You
3:19pm
What??

>>PandaTaozi :3
3:19pm
i'm texting
i thought it was obvious

Kris' hand slapped against his face in a disappointed facepalm. 

>>You
3:20pm
On my way, dork. 

Kris started the car back up and drove off. He arrived at the turnoff to the alley in only seventeen minutes. Not bad at all since the traffic was horrible and the directions were crap. He pulled in, wondering if he came to the right place. Relief washed over him. On top of the garbage bin sat a very chilly looking Tao, patiently awaiting his saviour. The nasty scowl painted across his face had Kris shamelessly laughing aloud as he pulled up. 

"How cute, he's pouting," Kris muttered happily. 

Tao jumped off the bin as Kris got out of his car and stood, arms open invitingly. Tao just shot him an icy glare and crossed the car. He got in. "No hug?" asked kris disappointedly. 

"No hug," Tao repeated lowly. Kris entered the idling car, shut the door, and turned his whole body to face Tao. The other boy looked directly forward, face bearing a stony, heartless expression that made Kris frown. It wasn't like him. "What's wrong-"

"Just drive," Tao snapped back quickly. Kris sighed. When he didn't move Tao glanced at him momentarily. He was turned completely sideways on the seat, not buckled up or anything. 

"I'm not moving this car until you tell me what's going on," he blatantly stated. 

"You want to know what's going on? You're driving me home."

"No, Tao-"

"You're right. No, you're not driving me home. Instead you're sitting here in your fancy- convertible asking stupid questions, I can see that."

It went silent. Kris' frown deepened. "She's not my girlfriend. She plays my girlfriend in the movie, and she likes to get really into character. Not only that, I act like we're together otherwise as well, so that no one suspects how I really feel about... boys... Her and I have to kiss, but it means nothing to me at all. It just feels really gross."

Tao's expression faltered for just a split second. No one said anything for a while. 

"Can we please just go?" Tao asked, once again glancing quickly over at Kris. As much as he wished otherwise, his voice was cracked and pitched strangely. It was obvious that despite his stoic shell, he was struggling in a fight against tears. Tao's lip twitched and he swallowed roughly. 

"Tao?" Kris asked concernedly.  

"I just want to go home!" Tao yelled suddenly, finally looking at Kris. His voice was strained. It sounded broken and desperate, like plea or cry. His skin was pale and his eyes red and puffy. His black hair was dirty and messy, random tufts protruding in awkward directions. 

All of a sudden Tao unbuckled his seatbelt and swung open the door, letting in a burst of chilly autumn air. Instantly he took off in the opposite direction of the car. 

"Tao!" Kris called in surprise. 

Kris got out and turned to find him running away. His legs looked weak and unstable. Tao's foot caught on a rock. Kris himself winced as he knew what was coming. Tao's body shot forward and he landed hard on the pavement. He yelped as his body hit, knees and arms smacking hard against the cement. His arms braced his fall, instinctually protecting his head. He was on his hands and knees, then instead of running he just gave up and curled himself into a ball. Tao lie collapsed on the ground, sobbing pathetically. His position was hauntingly familiar to that of the one on the night they first met.   

Kris sprinted toward him. Tao was whimpering loudly. Upon arrival, he fell to his knees and turned Tao over to inspect his body. Tao's hands immediately reached up to hide his ugly crying face. "Go away," he yelled in between cries. "Leave me alone!"

Tao had worn skinny jeans so Kris was unable to lift his pant legs and check for knee scratches. His elbows weren't bad but the skin was  broken in a few small places. 

"Kris I really-," Tao began in between sniffles and wails. His words were forced and stuttering. Kris leaned closer to Tao's face, wanting to absorb everything Tao had to say. "I h-hate you so much," he cried. Oh.

Kris wasn't offended whatsoever. His eyes were bright and smiling. He wrapped his long arms around Tao's large body and easily heaved him onto his lap like a small child. Tao accepted being cuddled and continued to cry against Kris' jacket. He breathed in the addicting wretched scent. His tummy fluttered warmly (obviously due to the sickening detest he felt towards the stupid, meaningless thing). 

Despite having just told Kris he hates him, Tao tucked both his arms up near his chest and leaned into the man. He probably would have continued crying but apparently he ran out and there were no more tears left to fall. Kris finally spoke after a little while. "Tao?"

Tao's voice was already calm and deep as he asked, "yeah?" Kris his hair and murmured in a lulled tone. 

"Why do you hate me?" Tao sighed. 

"Because... because you love her."

"Tao," Kris quickly and firmly stated. "What I said about Kiki was true. I don't like her at all but I'd be fired if they found out I'm gay. It means nothing to me when I kiss her. It really just feels gross."

Tao watched his face carefully. Kris' dark eyes were as soft and trustworthy as usual but Tao forced himself to mentally push him away. He didn't say anything at all. "Do you trust me?" Tao cast his gaze downwards. 

"No," he muttered under his breath. "I don't trust you, Kris... I don't know if I ever will..." He looked back up at Kris with desperate, pleading eyes. "... But I still really don't want you to leave me! I know you're still just a strangler, really, but I'm sick of being alone. Even if you'll only end up hurting me, I feel like it's worth the shot. I didn't want to admit it to myself but I'm so happy when you're around. I want to be happy more. I want to be with you all the time. I really don't want to be alone any more just because I'm afraid to get hurt. Really, it's a chance I'm willing to take now. It's probably my last chance... I don't know if you honestly are telling the truth or not, it's impossible for me to tell, but for right now, I only want to be with you. You made me realize how painful my life has been without you, without support. You make me feel this certain way I've never felt before, and it's powerful. I need more of that feeling. So, I really don't want you to leave me!"

"I won't ever want to leave you, Tao!"
 Kris squeezed him closer in a tight, warm embrace, which Tao graciously accepted. 

"Tao, where all hurts?" Kris randomly asked as they parted. 

"Eh? Hmm... My hands hurt-" Tao was taken by surprise as Kris gently lifted his hands to his face and placed very delicate kisses on the scratchy, red palms of each one. 

"What else?"

"Well m-my legs hurt from running..."

Kris bent over and kissed each long leg twice; once on his shins and again on his thighs. Tao melted into Kris' touches. They somehow really did make him feel better. More~~ 

"My elbows, too"

More kisses. 

"And my head."

Kris' eyes closed as he softly pressed his lips against Tao's forehead. Tao grinned. 

"My ."

Kris' eyes widened immensely. Suddenly hands were working at the denim of Tao's skinny jeans, specifically against his "regional area". "Zip~"

"WOAW WOAW NO I was kidding Kris, i-it was just a joke!"

Kris smiled his wide, gummy smile and laughed. "I know, I know." Tao laughed as well. Kris stood and helped Tao to his feet. He noticed the goosebumps covering his bare arms and stripped himself of his black leather jacket at once. He held it behind Tao for the boy to slide his arms into, which he did. Kris zipped it all the way up and Tao snuggled down inside it happily. He hummed like a purring cat. 

"You know, you should really just keep it," Kris suggested casually. Tao's face lit up. "Really?!!" Of course, there's no way Tao would keep it or even put it on for that matter if he knew how much it was actually worth. 

"Yeah, besides, it looks way ier on you than it ever will on me."

"Hehehe," he giggled girlishly. 

"And now," Kris added joyfully, "I'm kidnapping you, Tao!" With that, he suddenly grabbed Tao and picked him up, throwing him over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. 

"BLAHH!!! What the heck are you doing?! Put me down!!!" Tao began hitting Kris's back as he was carried back in the direction of Kris' car. Kris was only laughing at the adorable boy's reaction. "Like I said, I'm kidnapping you! You're coming home with me tonight, mister."

Tao clutched Kris' shirt and pouted as he gave up the struggle and allowed himself to be carried this way. He whined, "This isn't romantic at all! Kris, I'll leave you if you don't put me down!"

"How's that supposed to work?!"

Tao though about it. "Damn."

Kris finally set him down on the passenger seat of his car. He placed his hands on Tao's shoulders firmly. He leaned in and kissed him for the very first time, softly pressing against Tao, who was surprised, but then eagerly complied. Tao's lips were so wonderfully soft and almost delicate against his. Unlike kissing Kiki, where an uncomfortable knot formed in his stomach and he just got the feeling like "something's off... something's really wrong about this", now he felt different in the best way imaginable. His stomach tingled. Kris smiled goofily afterwards. Tao's cheeks were reddening. His dark, mysterious eyes glittered. 

Look in to your eyes,
 butter-butterflies

 "Kris?" The corners of Tao's mouth were tugging upwards in a helpless grin. 

"Yeah, Tao?"

"I think... I think I don't hate you."

Kris ran his thumb across Tao's cheek and closed his eyes, smiling in contentment, entirely disregarding the cool breeze which caused his arm hairs to stand out on-end. 

"Thank you, and Tao..?"

The boy tipped his head to one side curiously, smiling. "I really think I don't hate you too."


A few minutes later the two were crusing along the road when Kris asked, "did you by any chance barf earlier?"

"Uhh, well yeah, I guess I did... why?"

"I could taste it when I kissed you."

Heat rushed to Tao's face. "Um, sorry..."

"Don't apologize, it's not like I didn't enjoy myself anyway..."

Kris pulled up to a convenience store. "What are you getting here?" Tao questioned suspiciously.  

"It's a surprise."

Tao squirmed childishly around in his seat while Kris was in the store, imagining his gift being nummy chocolate or candy. Kris returned a few minutes later and Tao immediately snatched the bag to claim his present. He gazed into the bag for a few moments, face completely blank. He sighed. Kris chuckled. "For your sleepover tonight," he explained. 

"Ohh... But seriously though..? That's my surprise? Just a freaking toothbrush?! Kris~~~ be more romantic~"

He chuckled. "For someone so into martial arts you really lack patience. Just wait a little while longer, Taozi. We'll be home soon and you'll be begging for me to slow down. He glanced in Tao's direction and winked. Tao smiled and giggled. "Doubt it."


~~~~~~~

A/N: For now at least, The End😊

It's the worst ending ever but I'm not fantastic at endings so... you'll take what you get..? I'm thinking of maaaaybe adding a bit more in some kind of sequel or something of the sorts (maybe my attempt at a ty bonus chapter??), but I really haven't decided yet. It would probably be quite a while from now anyway. I don't want it to be too long, ya know? In any case, I hope you liked my first-ever multi-chapter story! =3