Five

Black Leather Jacket

 

Kris got out of the bath and wrapped Tao's colourful polka-dot towel around his toned waist. He cracked open the door to Tao's room. On the far side of the room Tao was faced away, making his bed, wiggling his up in the air to tuck in the corners. Kris bit his lip and enjoyed the show for a little bit. He then cleared his throat pointedly and Tao's head whipped around. 

"Um, sorry Tao but I don't have any dry clothes. Would it be too much to ask if-"

"Oh! Of course, my guest deserves the finest I have to offer! Only the best of the best in this house," he enthusiastically chattered, voice oozing with sarcasm. Kris stared as Tao bent down to grab a random t-shirt off the floor and sniffed it. 

He made a sour face as he discarded it behind him. He grabbed another and sniffed it as well. He shrugged. 

"Sure, smells alright!" He tossed it aimlessly in Kris' direction and managed to hit him in the face with it. "Shirt... and..."

 Next he opened a drawer of his dresser and pulled out a fresh pair of boxers. "Gonchies," he stated. He tossed the underwear at Kris as well. Tao beamed proudly at the man. "There you go! Fit for a king," he exclaimed. 

Kris couldn't help but grin at the boy's casualness. What a goof.

"And even after you've worn those I still expect them back." Tao gestured toward the boxers. Kris thanked him and closed the door to change. Kris hadn't realized until he had the shirt on that there was a cartoon panda on the front. Classy. 

Twenty or so minutes later they gave up on exciting things to do and instead lay together watching TV on Tao's bed. Or more, instead of watching it, they simply talked with each other with background sounds being emitted from the flashing screen. Pretty much all of the remaining formality dropped when Kris put on Tao's underpants. 

Throughout the endless heated conversations both of them could not believe how incredibly comfortable they were chatting with one another. It was as if they'd known each other for years. For Tao, he was amazed how relaxed he could be with another human being. People scared Tao. Even when it came to his friends he'd always preferred to be alone. With isolation came comfort, but nothing compared to this. 

Kris was just surprised that Tao hadn't heard about him before. He didn't seem to recognize the name "Kris" or "Wu Yi Fan". He was pretty famous, so he guessed that Tao doesn't get out much. It was a refreshing change though. Tao wasn't treating him like royalty. He didn't live in a mansion, nothing about him or the place was really prim and proper, and Tao treated him like a friend, not an idol. (Of course it's not as if there was any part of the boy himself that wasn't flawless. For instance, his perfect tan skin, his tall, thin, almost feminine build, his beautiful eyes and even the circles beneath them, his soft, black hair, his pouty, pink lips... oh those sweet lips... if only Kris could ki- ...wait... wait a second... Kris, buddy, I think you're getting a little off topic...)

Kris never had many friends. People were told to stay away from him because he was famous and too good for them or something. The people who managed to get close to him either treated him with such formality and respect that they could never be casual, or they only wanted something from him. Kris was sick and tired of people who would try to get on his good side just to get something out of it themselves. They'd peel away his secrets and expose him or run off just to tell the world that they were "besties with the famous Kris Wu" even though they never actually cared about the person, just about the title. 

Tao was different. Tao didn't see Kris the same way everyone else did. Tao was the first person who truly cared about the person under the title. He didn't actually even know the "title". Kris' heart warmed incredibly, just being able to be recognized like that. He would do anything to keep the person that knows him for him safe. Tao was special. When he'd asked "why he cares" Kris was unable to explain that, but Tao definitely was special. 

They continued to talk. They'd talked and talked about the unimportant things and the personal things and the funny things. For hours they'd talked, genuinely interested in what the other had to say. Kris found out that Tao was 21. Tao found out that Kris was 23. Time flew by so quickly. 

Kris had stayed for supper. Tao made them both the fancy gourmet dish of microwaved hot dogs  but of course they didn't have buns so they used bread as a substitute. Kris had helped Tao do the dishes and with an extra set of hands the tower in the sink was dismantled more quickly than ever before, cleaned, and put away. Quickly the sun set and they realized that it was already eight thirty. 

"You could probably just stay over if you want, I don't have work tomorrow," Tao offered. Kris ended up accepting and later, around nine, they found themselves back in Tao's bed, curled up together, watching TV. Yes, this time actually watching it. Just commenting every once in a while to one another. They found out that they have the same taste in humour and movies. They actually shared a lot of interests. 

"Th-thank you Kris," Tao mumbled quietly, "for everything. And, for being my friend."

"Ahh, yeah, it is pretty burdensome and painful after all. So much work and unnecessary effort. Pretty difficult on my behalf. You know, being friends and all."

Tao lifted his head in surprise and disappointment from where he was lying. His face contorted in sorrow and rejection. He turned away. His lip began quivering. Did Kris really mean that? It would make sense. Tao didn't want that though. He really... really didn't want that. He could feel the tears already beginning to pool into his eyes. 

Tao soon felt large, warm fingers wrap around his chin lightly. He allowed his face to be turned. He found himself face-to-face with Kris, their foreheads nearly touching. Tao's glossy eyes widened. A grin tugged at Kris' lips. His voice was low and smooth when it finally came. 

"I'm kidding, Tao. Honestly, I really do like y- ... um, being your friend."

Tao's face lit up. He nodded briefly. "Ye- yeah!"

~~~

Two shows and a movie later it was getting to be pretty late at night but neither wanted to go to sleep. Slowly they happened to slide closer and closer together until Tao was lying in a ball on his side with his head resting comfortably on Kris' chest. Kris was stretched out on his back with on arm around Tao. Neither said anything about the position. It was too relaxing to question.

"Ugh, so many commercials," Tao complained. Kris chuckled.

 "Without adds the companies wouldn't have enough funding to produce and air the show," Kris explained. 

"... hmh... I guess I never really thought about it that way."

The commercials finally ended and new movie started. Kris was hardly paying attention. "This looks like a good one," Tao commented lazily. Upon realizing what movie it was Kris gasped. 

"Tao, hand me the remote!" He ordered. 

"Eh? Why?"

"Tao, quickly change the channel, please," he panicked. 

"What's going on Kris?!" Tao asked, frightened. Suddenly a familiar deep rasping voice left the TV. 

"No! Wait!" Kris yelped desperately but it was no use. Tao had seen it. Kris physically cringed. Tao didn't say anything at all. He just sat there, staring at the screen, mouth agape, watching. 

Very very slowly Tao turned his head from the screen to Kris' face, same expression remaining. The only audible noise he was able to make was a dull, "uhhh..."

Kris waited. 

Tao blinked a few times and closed his mouth. He opened it again and spoke slowly. "Kris... you're on my TV right now," he informed the other man unintelligibly. Tao stared at Kris. Kris stared back. 

"I sure am," Kris slowly replied in response. 

"Kris... why are you on my TV right now?"

Kris sighed and looked down defeatedly. "I'm an actor."

"Yes, I see that."

"Look Tao, I didn't want you to see me like that because I was scared you would treat me differently."

"Oh. I see."

"I just wanted you to acknowledge me as a normal person, not some movie star or something." 

Kris was afraid Tao would suddenly become self-conscious or feel awkward around him or even kick him out for not telling him sooner. Kris cringed awaiting his reply. 

"Oh... So you don't want to be treated like an idol...? Hmm... Well, in that case, go make me another hot dog!" Tao ordered. Kris burst into laughter from the inability to hold in his emotions any longer. Tao giggled as well because Kris' laughter was so inevitably contagious.  

"I'm kidding though, I'm still full," Tao admitted. 

"Me too, Tao. We should probably go to sleep," he advised. 

"Yeah, you're right."

They both sank further down below the blankets. Tao quickly forgot all about Kris being an idol. They leaned into each other. Kris held Tao with one arm wrapped around his back, hand resting on his slender waist. Tao hummed against his chest. "Kris?"

"Yeah, Tao?"

"You're... you're warm..."

Kris smiled. "Yeah?"

"Yeah... I kind of like it," he admitted quietly. 

"Hmm, I think I like it too."

They lie in silence for a few content moments.

"By the way Tao, I really like your rubber ducky." 

Kris was expecting a playful slap and a "shut up" or an "idiot!" from the comment. Instead he received a sleepy, "hell yeah you do.."

Kris chuckled lightly. "Goodnight Tao."

Tao shifted so he was snuggling even closer. Kris closed his eyes and turned his face to rest against the top of Tao's head. His short hair really was so soft. Like a cozy blanket. Like fur. Like a little baby panda. He breathed in Tao's sweet scent. Such a wonderful smell. 

"Goodnight Kris."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Do you like my fluff? :3