A new start

Little Jung mermaid

No one's pov

 

“Hi humans, I’m Krystal Jung. Please take care of me.” The red haired beauty in front of the class bowed as the students in the class, practically male students cheered and wooed.

“The hell!?!?” A certain tomboy shouted while jolting out of her seat.

“Yes Amber?” Mr. Joo Won’s tone wasn’t stern, instead he seems amused. 

“Oh hi stupid.” Krystal said with both her hands waving cheerfully.

“Language please.” 

“Sorry.” Krystal saluted while winking causing the students and again, mainly the male students, to cause an uproar.

“It’s okay. It seems like you both are quite familiar with each other.” Dr. Joo Won grinned in amusement while tapping his cheek with his index finger. “Zhoumi, pack your things and move to the vacant seat in the corner.” Zhoumi   unwillingly stood up, fist bumped Amber, before grabbing his stuffs and plopped them on his new desk. “Krystal, you can sit beside Amber. And Amber, please show your friend here around the school.”

Without waiting for Amber’s respond, Dr. Joo Won raised his hand, stopped Amber from starting her debating. Amber groaned and banged her forehead on the desk. “Ouchie.” She winced in pain when the wound on her head made contact with the desk.

“Stupid.” Krystal uttered flatly after she positioned herself on the chair.

“How? How did you register yourself in this school? How do you know how to….”

“Vic unnie helped me.” Krystal said while swinging her legs back and forth.  

“That idiot…. You can’t attend this school.” I said sternly and she frowned.

“Why?” Krystal frowned and crossed her arms.

“Because I said so.”

“It’s not fair. And let me remind you, I’m the princess and you’re the servant here, remember?”

“You…”

“Excused me. Ms. Jung and Liu, I know you two have a lot to discuss, but can you please leave it until the class is over?” Dr. Joo Won crossed his arms with his foot tapping the floor. He proceeded with his teaching after Krystal and Amber nodded their heads and uttered their ‘sorry’.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

Amber’s pov

 

As soon as the school bell rings, indicating that it’s finally the end of the school, I practically dragged Krystal and dashed out the class.

“Stupid! You’re hurting me.” It was when I realised that I’m gripping on Krystal’s wrist too roughly that her wrist is starting to turn red.

“Sorry.” I released Krystal’s hand when we’re in an empty class.

“What is wrong with you?!” Krystal hissed.

“Krystal, you can’t be here.”         

“Why can’t I be here?” She furrowed her brows.

“This is a place for humans, which you clearly aren’t. I don’t want you to linger here and harm the people here.” I think I’ve hurt her feelings because I saw her eyes filled with sadness and disappointment.

“I know I am no human like you and your kind, but I do have feelings too.” She turned around and now her back is facing me. “I know for whatever I do you’ll never think of me as your friend or even an acquaintance. But rather than thinking of me as a fearsome creature like piranha, can’t you just consider me as a mere creature who had fallen in love with your kind and only wishes to be as humanly as she can to reach for the one she loves?” She said with a faint voice. I looked at her small frame and felt a sudden gush of guilt filled within me.

“I…”

“Don’t be.” She turned back at me and glared at me. “No need to say that you’re sorry for that you probably don’t mean it.”

“……” I stared blankly at her. I found myself at a sudden loss of words.

“I can decide my own life. I’ll go to school without you telling me not to and I’ll pay the fees on my own.” With that said, she stormed out the classroom but stopped halfway when she spotted Victoria at the door eavesdropping us.  “Hi unnie, I’m going home first. With that said, she disappeared from my sight.

“Thank you very much.” I uttered.

“What for?” Victoria tilted her head, confused.

“For what happened just now.” I crossed my arms and scowled at her.

“Can you not blame me for your own wrong doings?” She rolled her eyes at me.

“If you didn’t help her in this school then I wouldn’t have…”

“I didn’t make you into saying those harsh word to her.” She said. “She just wants to learn a thing or two about us humans at school. For the sake of her prince and the sake of being the future queen of this kingdom.”

“Aren’t you going a bit too far?” I raised a brow. “It’s not for sure that the prince will fall for her and made her his lover.”

“Are you jealous?” Vic smirked.

“Jealous your .” I retorted. “I just don’t want her to get her hopes high and have her heart broken later on.”

“I am worried about her too. But that’s what she wanted, let her be.”

“I understand.”

“Now go and apologize to your princess.”  Without wasting a second, I dashed out the classroom.                                    

“What’s going on there?” I muttered to myself when I noticed the crowd at the cafeteria. Then I saw Key approached me with a mischievous grin plastered on his face.

“Hey, lucky bastard.”

“The hell?” I frowned at him.

“I still can’t figure out how you can get that girl living in your house.” I snorted and he chuckled. “You looking for your girl? Better get going before Minho and the others snatched her away.”

“Where’s she?” I asked with a brow raised. He pointed at the crowd and I sprinted my way there. She stared blankly at her shoe looking unamused while the guys who are surrounding her are trying their best to catch her attention. “Krystal….” I murmured under my breath. My face lightened up a bit when I saw her ears twitched. Then I suddenly remembered that her ears aren’t ordinary. “I’m sorry for what I said just now. I shouldn’t have treated you like a monster even though sometimes you do scare me a bit.” Her head jolted up and her eyes met mine giving me daggers. “I want us to be friends, real friends. I know you will not harm kinds, and I’m stupid for thinking you would for a second. Please forgive your servant, princess. Let’s start us start off clean again okay? I’ll treat you something delicious if you forgive me.” Her eyes twinkled and her lips curved up a bit. But she forced her lips to curve back down and rolled her eyes at me. “Playing highly of yourself huh. I was thinking of treating you the most delicious food I’m sure you never had before considering you’ve been living in the ocean for most of your life.” I pretend to walk away, but grinned from ear to ear when I heard her yelled ‘wait!’.

“I forgive you.” She said. “But you must serve me delicious food whenever I asked you to.” I frowned but nodded my head hesitantly anyway.

“My pleasure, little mermaid princess. 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

I stared at the mermaid princess who’s eating in front of me with my jaw dropped.

 

“One more please.” Krystal pleaded with her puppy like eyes.

 

“You ate five people’s portion of beef and you’re still asking for it?” I looked at her in disbelief.

 

“pwease?? I’ve never in my life eaten something so delicious. I’m living in heaven now!” She squealed in excitement.

 

“You’re overreacting. No more for you.” I shook my head and gulped down my milk shake.

 

“You promised!!”

 

“Oh princess, you’ve just finished my allowance for next week. How am I gonna survive??” I looked at her begging for mercy.

 

“Don’t worry my stupid servant, I’ll help you with your burden.” She smile sheepishly.

 

“How so?”

 

“Tada!” She took out a few pieces of tiny stones from her pocket and showed it to me. I gasped at how beautiful the stones are, but not as beautiful as the person in front of me…… Wait, what did I just….. Anyway, the stones are like diamonds but blue in colour.   

“Where did you get this?” I asked while still admiring the blue tiny beads of stones.

 

“They’re my tears.”

 

“Tears? What do you mean?” She blushed a bit and bit her lip.

 

“Mermaids rarely cry, and when they do, instead of forming water in their eyes, crystals came out.” She said with a snicker. “When I was little, I can’t stop crying, that’s how my name came into picture." I mouthed 'o' and nodded my head.

 

“Do they always come out this beautiful?” I picked up the blue stone and examined it.

 

“Not really. It’s my first time forming something so beautiful. Even I’m surprised when I cried.” She said with a shrug. “But my sisters once said, ‘when a mermaid or merman is being hurt by the love of her/his life, her/his crystal tears will turn into alluring blue diamonds…..” She then stopped and glanced at me. It took me a moment to figure out the reason why she is looking at me with a confused expression.

 

“Love of her/his life. Then why did you…..”   

 

“It must be because I’m thinking about my prince when I’m crying.” She reasoned out nervously.

 

 

“Yeah, of course.” I scratched my nape nervously. “One more portion of beef please.” I ordered and Krystal cheered happily.