How it all begins......

Little Jung mermaid

No one's pov

“There was once a mermaid, who longed to see what is above the sea. That time, many merpeople thought that what’s above the sea is like what’s outside the Earth. They thought that they wouldn’t live if they went above the sea. But the mermaid didn’t believe in all those things. She wanted to explore the outside world. The curiosity she had drove her to the surface. And she experienced the beauty of the surface of Earth….. Which is trees, mountains, skies, creatures, and …… love...... The merpeople’s world had yet discovered love that time; she was the first who developed the feeling called 'love'. 

When she was wondering at the beach one day, a creature found her. The creature, or shall we call him 'human', fell in love with the mermaid despite the differences they had. He taught her love, and they both developed deep feelings with each other….. But soon someone discovered the mermaid's existent and got the information that mermaids have a magical scale that gives them great power and the ability to live longer….. They hunted her down, and threaten to kill the man she loved if she doesn’t give them her magical scale. In the end, to save the man she loves, she sacrificed herself and turned into foams.When the merpeople found out about this, they banned the their kinds to ever go up the sea and remained hidden for many years. "  Mermaid no.3 finally finished her story.

“That’s so sad…..” Mermaid no. 1 said while sobbing.

“Yeah, no matter how many times I listen to this story it still makes my heart aches.” Mermaid no. 2 continued.

“Are human beings that cruel?” Mermaid no.3 asked while shaking her head.

“Well, this story shows it all didn’t it?” Mermaid no. 4 replied but the some disagreed with her answer.

“Maybe not all the humans are cruel?” Mermaid no. 5 said while tilting her head.

“Mayber most of them are.....  I’m sure they must look awful right? For something to be that cruel….. And I wonder how the hell the mermaid would fell in love with one of them….” Mermaid no. 6, which is also the youngest among them said while giving her five unnies a face of disgust.

“Well…. They aren’t actually that bad looking…..” Mermaid no. 3 said while raising her brows.

“And they actually look just like us except for the bottom part....” Mermaid no.2 continued  while pointing at her tail.

“Yeah, some of them are quite good looking to be exact…..” Mermaid no. 4 uttered while giggling. 

 

"Wait a second.... ho

w did you guys know about this?” Mermaid no. 6 feels that the fishes are fishy now....

“Well, we.... kinda travel around the surface....." Mermaid no. 5 muttered while giving her little sister her best smile.

"Without me??!" Mermaid no. 6 is snorting red now.....

“Yah, you haven’t reached your 15th birthday yet right?” Mermaid no. 5 manage to give her a reasonable answer.

“That’s right; a mermaid’s magical scale only starts to be effective after her 15th birthday….” Mermaid no. 1 who is the eldest finally talks.“And it would be really dangerous for a mermaid to go somewhere dangerous without any defences.

“You unnies are the worst!!!”

.

.

.

.

.

 

Let us do a little introduction here. In the merpeople’s kingdom lived the most powerful merman, which is the sea king and his 6 gorgeous daughter. The oldest one is called Jessica, followed by Taeyeon, Yoona, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and finally, our youngest and  most adorable main character, Krystal. Little Krystal is 15 this year. She has long red hair and beautiful legs, or shall we say, tail. Though the merpeople’s kingdom strictly ban anyone to go beyond the sea, but Little Krystal has been curious, REALLY curious since all her sister had been on the surface before. What humans look like? How blue is the sky? How green is the tree? Are they as blue as the sea, as green as the weeds? All this thoughts have been bugging her since forever since she’s the only one who have yet been to the surface.  But this all will stop soon, since she’s turning 15 today…….

 “Little… no you’re not little anymore; you have turned into a young woman now.” Said the dowager, her grandmother. ”And now that you finally turned 15, and you magical scale has finally ripen, I shall not worry much about you now...... Here’s a special present for you, the gift of soothing and beautiful voice. Thus, you’ll have the loveliest voice ever.” Her grandmother said while placing her hand on Krystal’s neck, casting a spell.  

 

 "Thank you very much, I love it." 

Krystal said while embracing her grandmother.

 


 

 Krystal’s pov

 My 15th birthday finally arrived. The whole sea living creatures came to my birthday party and celebrated with me. But the I was glad that it was over now, because my long awaited momment finally came.....  I’ve been waiting for so long and now shall be the time for me to see the world above....

 I'm finally here!!! The surface!!! What is this? Is this the sun my sisters mentioned? Wow, there are a lot of little suns up there…. And they sky isn’t as blue as they said. More like dark blue to me….. Wait, what is that sound? Suddenly there’s a huge thingy heading to my way.

“W-wait, what is that?? ” I murmured to myself. That thing stopped.... With curiosity flowing in my head, I swam closer and took a peak from the window panes of that thing. I can see a number of humans inside that huge thing. So this is the legendary thing called ‘ship' if I'm not mistaken.....

Among them, my eyes only laid on him. A man with large black eyes, pointy nose, thin lips and many more to appreciate.

“Prince Minhyuk, the fireworks are ready…..” Said one of the crew in the ship. I used some magic for the purpose of hearing what they are talking inside the ship. With that, I found out that he's a prince.... And I'm a princess..... We're the perfect match for each other, right?

"PIU.....POP"

 What’s that sound?!? I saw lights popping in the sky.  

“The fireworks are pretty aren’t they?” Said the prince while gazing the sky. Fireworks? Whatever it is, it sure is pretty.

After a few hours, the waves rose higher and higher, and the sky begans to form lightnings. The waves begin to rush strong yet quickly, even though I can maintain my balance, but the ship doesn’t seem  to do though. I heard a crack sound and the ship begins to sink.

The crew jumped out the ship…….

Wait, is that the prince? I can’t see properly because it is pitch black. But he seems like he’s suffering. Maybe he can’t swim…..  I do remember them saying humans can’t live underwater….. I swim as fast as I could and reached the prince. I bring him to the nearest land, yes LAND, where there’s no water. There are green things, which I think is the ‘trees’ and ‘mountains’. It’s my first time out of the sea, it does feel different. My tail is now covered with white and ‘dry’ sand. This is the first time I understand the word ‘dry’ though.

Is the prince okay now? WAIT!!?! He’s not the prince!!!

“Argy, just when I thought I will have the chance to get to know him!!” I said angrily. But this man is quite good looking too. In fact he is beautiful. He has smooth and fair skin with short silky black hair…. It’s a different kind of attractiveness compare to the prince….

“Hello? Wake up?” I patted his face but get no responds. Is he dead? I placed my palm near his chest to feel his heartbeat. Wait, why is it so soft here? A woman? Not to worry about that now….. I can’t feel any heartbeat….. He, I mean she...is dead!!