Chapter 7

It Was (Not) Me

Meanwhile, somewhere at a picture perfect place someone was seen ambling through that endless greenery. Waterfalls and windmill existed at that place which made it looked just like a painting. It was so nice and peaceful that it seemed like some home for the immortals. That only sound that was audible was only noises of birds chirping and the steady pattern of endless rhythm when the waterfalls came crashing down onto those rocks.

 

“Argh!” that person groaned and held onto his ears as noises around the world came piercing into them suddenly.

 

Those commotions hurt his ears that he wanted to shut them badly. He squeezed his eyes shut and took in a deep breath before he slowly released those fingers that were pressed hardly against his auditory canal. He took a moment to take control over whatever he could hear and turned it back to normal. Noises around the world turned softer and lesser as it was slowly taken over by beautiful chirpings and sound of waterfalls.

 

“What was that for? How long since I last felt this pain though? Is my power back?” he thought as this was exactly what happened to him when he was officially an angle.

 

As mush as he wanted to clear his doubts, he raised his index finger and pointed onto that apple that was hung onto the tree. Surprisingly, that certain apple fell from the tree but it did not gave in to the gravity laws. It floated in the middle of the air and came floating towards him when he directed it onto his the other free palm.

 

That moment he grabbed onto that apple, his shoulder blades started to ached and itched that sent pains into his body. It was so unbearable like a thousand cuts were sent through it. He knew exactly what was going to happen. He knew that this was a natural reactions to angles when wings are about to extend out from it. In just seconds, a pair of wings stretched out like flowers that just bloomed.

 

He turned his head to the left and took a look at those big and fluffy wings of his and suddenly his pupils transformed into images of fire, thunderbolt and water. His iris then flashed platinum blonde before those images disappeared. All on all, these were signs to show that he had fully compensated for his mistakes and all of his sealed powers were released. Finally, he felt reborn as an angel again.

 

“My powers are unsealed so does that mean that two years time was up? Am I finally allowed to serve this Kingdom once again? I really missed going on missions,” he mumbled, “I wonder if she’s doing fine after I left.” He continued.

 

“I’m so sorry that I left that hurriedly that day. I’m so sorry that I left you with nothing. How are you doing? Where you and what are you doing now?” he questioned and still blaming himself for what had happened two years ago.

 

Instinctively, he shut his eyes and searched for her silhouette in that sea of billions people in the world. Tao, he heard her same sweet and alluring voice called from a distant. He followed the sound of that voice and allowed it to lead him to her.

 

“You are still the same aren’t you?” Tao uttered under his breath and chuckled when he saw the smile on her face.

 

Finally after two years of shutting himself off from the whole world he was able to lay his eyes on her again. He saw her, the face and the smile that he misses.  Her smile never failed to warm his heart even after that two years and he believed that it would always be like this even if was until the next hundred or thousand years of his eternity life. That moment, he wished that he could teleport to wherever she was.

 

Unfortunately, smile stayed on his face for only seconds before a frown was formed between his brows when he saw a man’s hand caressed onto her cheek out of nowhere. To Tao’s surprise, a tattoo that symbolized the Devils flashed on the back of that hand. He was confused. He wanted to know how she got to be affiliated with Devils. To top that, she did not looked like she was surprised by this sudden action and instead her smile just got wider. She did not retreat and placed her palm above the hand that was caressing onto her face.  

 

“How did she get affiliated with them? She looked happy though and it does not seemed like she is in any danger,” he said and tried to convinced himself about letting her go; about the fact that whatever it was they were not allowed to be together. However, his feelings betrayed him which caused his iris to flashed sapphire blue. 

 

“Hyung!” A voice called form his back which snapped him back into reality.

 

“Hyung, had you got back your powers yet? I really miss the times when we would go on mission together,” Sehun continued when he saw Tao turned around.

 

“Yes, of course. Look at this,” he cheered as he summoned a spark of fire in his hand.

 

“Congratulations and now get your back to our clan to serve the Kingdom together,” Sehun demanded.

 

Sehun waited for Tao’s reply but he did not get one. He looked into Tao’s sapphire blue eyes and knew that he did it.

 

“Hyung, you seem bothered. Don’t tell me..” Sehun paused and allowed Tao to say it himself.

 

“Yes, I did it. I checked on her and I don’t understand why is she together with a guy that seem to be part of the Devils,” Tao said and was obviously questioning Sehun about it.

 

“You don’t learn do you? You know why your power get sealed and why were you shut away from us through this two years. Why do you even still think of her?” Sehun jumped over that topic by reminding Tao on his punishments and mistake.

 

“Yes, but you’ve have to know that she’s was also one of the reasons that kept me alive through these hells. Don’t worry; I’m not going to cross over the line again. I just really miss her. Now, can you clear my doubts for me?” Tao assured.

 

“l guess we should report to Master together. I’m sure that he misses you as well,” Sehun said and wanted to lead the way before Tao.

 

“Oh Sehun,” Tao said in a stern voice and it was the one that Sehun disliked. He knew that whenever Tao spoke like this it means that things were getting serious and there was no space for jokes anymore.

 

“I don’t know about anything,” Sehun shrugged and diverted his gazes from Tao’s eyes then onto those grasses that were under his feet.

 

“Are you sure? I remember clearly that I asked you to look over her before I take onto my punishment didn’t I? Unless you did not do as you were told,” Tao continued.

 

“I..I..” Sehun stuttered and paused, “hyung, forget about it. We are not that kind of angels that are supposed to interfere on these kinds of things. Let them do their jobs and we’ve got ours too.” He continued.

 

“Fine, I won’t put you into the awkward situation. Just let me go on and check on her. I promise to be back by dawn,” Tao said and vanished into the air which left only white smoke behind as he sensed dangers from Sehun’s reactions.  

 

“Be back by dawn,” Sehun intimated Tao, “and you always said that. You really think that Master is an idiot didn’t you? Yeah, go to her and forget about me, our clan and this Kingdom,” Sehun uttered under his breath like a jealous little wife. 

 

In a fraction of a second, Tao reached that area where Minyoung was. He looked at her from far like a guardian angel. Even though everyone has their own guardian angel but it seemed like Minyoung’s was not doing his jobs properly so Tao decided to take up the role for him today.

 

Tao sat on the trunks of one of the tallest trees in the woods and inspected every movement of Minyoung and that Man beside her. He did not understand why but for some reason, that guy’s back view looked really familiar to him. In fact, it reminded him so much of himself.

 

“The.. Hell.. Is.. this?” Tao was shocked when he saw what was before him. His eyes widened like as if they were popping out at anytime and he could feel that his jaw was dropping. He felt that it dropped so low that it could touch the ground. He found what he saw so unbelievable. He actually saw himself right in front of him. He saw himself and it was unlike reflections in the mirror or shadows under his feet that would follow whatever actions he does. That him looked just like his replica. For a moment, he thought that he got a long lost twin brother.    

 

“How can this happen?” Tao questioned as he furrowed his eyebrows, “so this explained why Minyoung called my name just now? It was calling him? But.. He was not me.” He continued to question as things got more and more complicated for him to even handle.

 

He got so much more curious of that him that he wanted to know more about him. He then followed them again; this time, closer as an invisible man. 



 

A/N:

Sorry for the long wait. This chapter is short but i promise that next chapter will twice the length of this. Don't worry, you won't have to wait this long for the next update. By the way i hope that you are not confused by this chap alright? ^^