Chapter 15 (FINAL)

It Was (Not) Me

The sun rose in the early morning and allowed the moon to take a rest. The ray of sunshine shone into Minyoung’s room and hit onto her face which caused her to wince. The cooling wind blew into her room from the window that was left ajar last night. She snuggled closer against Tao to find warmth like as if the one that the thick blanket provided was not enough to shield her from the cold.

 

Her face twitched when the sound of the birds chirping got more vivid. Pursing her lips, she rubbed onto her drowsy eyes before opening them up slowly. As if all of the above were not enough to wake her up from her sleep the smell of the fresh air and morning dews came filling up her nostrils and caused her to be fully awake.

 

Just at that moment, she swore that she could hear the most beautiful melody playing in her ears. Tao’s heartbeat that thumped so softly and regularly was like a lullaby to her which accompanied her and caused her to have a good sleep last night. Can I say that it was the best one through these two years?

 

She turned to look at Tao and she saw how soundly asleep he was. The rising and falling on his chest of each breath he took amused her. A smile formed onto her face, inadvertently. She then examined his face features from his long pale ash blonde fringe that partially covered his forehead to his eyes.

 

“Damn, as a man, you have a longer eyelashes than I do,” she pouted as she allowed her eyes to travel further down to his nose and finally to those mischievous lips.

 

“Do you know, you actually looked more charming when you’re sleeping,” she joked. Well, for no one to hear apparently. It was just mainly to entertain herself.

 

She stared at those pink and dry lips. They looked so irresistible to her that she pecked onto it softly. She chuckled at her own actions. Not wanting to disturb Tao from his deep sleep she got out of the bed immediately and went over to the window that was left ajar.

 

A heavenly view welcomed her into that glory morning as soon as she opened up the window completely. Her eyes twinkled as she saw those beautiful cherry blossoms right in front of her. She stood at the same posture and allowed the cooling breeze to be blown across her face. The smile on her face was stretching from ear to ear and her hair was swaying in the air. She took her time to look at those trees like as if she was literally counting onto the number of petals on it.

 

“Morning sweetheart,” Tao greeted with his deep and husky voice as he wrapped his arms around her waist. He kissed onto her neck and took in the sweetest flora scent of her hair.

 

“Yah, stop it. It tickles,” Minyoung said as she dodged from his kisses.

 

Tao giggled, “you smell so nice,”

 

Well, Minyoung ignored him and he wanted his attention span back so badly. 

 

“What are you looking at?” Tao rested his chin above her shoulder.  

 

“Cherry blossoms. Aren’t they beautiful?” Minyoung proudly presented those views to Tao. 

 

“Let’s go,” Tao held onto her hand and wanted to drag her to somewhere else.

 

“To where?”

 

“To see Cherry blossoms,” Tao smiled.

 

“But I haven’t wash up yet,” Minyoung reminded him.

 

“It’s okay, they won’t know,” Tao finished his sentence and teleported away with Minyoung alongside.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

In a blink of an eye, they reached at the nearest park. How blissful can Minyoung feel as she got to intertwine her arms with Tao’s and have a walk in the park with him in a cooling morning like this? They took a sit on the bench right in front of the wishing fountain. Minyoung rested her head on his shoulder as she enjoyed the scenery of those sakura. How glorious it looked like that her eyes was gleaming in amusement the whole time?

 

“What a pity,” she said to herself but well, it caught Tao’s attention.

 

“Why would there be pity? You are right here to see them bloom. It was not like you’re late or too early,” Tao asked.

 

“I mean, it’s a pity that cherry blossoms won’t happen in the winter. Imagine if it happen during that time then the whole picture would look so much more perfect,” she sighed.

 

“Just like other woman, you like romantic stuff too. Oh how un-unique you are,” Tao teased.

 

“Hmm.. So you like romantic woman. Great, go find one around this park. You might find one,” Minyoung said like as if she wanted to sell Tao away.

 

“I’ve already found her,” Tao said.

 

“What?” Minyoung widened her eyes, “how obedient can you be?”

 

Minyoung regretted her life choices almost as soon as she sold Tao away.

 

Tao purposely skip over her question and continued on his teasing, “she’s really pretty. Oh yeah, and she smelt like jasmine,”

 

“Great, you even smelt her already? What are you?” Minyoung said and wanted to give Tao a punch in his face so badly.

 

Tao laughed.

 

“For you information, she’s right in front of me,” he knocked onto Minyoung’s forehead with his knuckle.

 

“Oww.. Why did you even-“ Minyoung’s words was cut away by a sudden peck onto her lips. 

 

“Silly, why would I lay my eyes on other woman when my fated one is just right by my side?” Tao pressed his forehead against Minyoung’s and locked his gazes with hers.

 

Minyoung got so embarrassed that she bit onto her bottom lips unknowingly, “but you are the one who said that I’m well the way you put it, un-unique,”

 

“Yes, indeed you are. Un-uniquely unique,” Tao smiled and placed another kiss onto her left cheek. 

 

“Yah, if you keep doing this to me then I might just die right away because my heart could not take it. Your teasings are just wow, a whole new level,” Minyoung said as her face was blushing red.

 

“Of course, I trained hard for it during the two years,” Tao joked and whispered into Minyoung’s ear like as if it was really a priceless secret. 

 

Minyoung shook her head and gave in to him. 

 

“Zitao, can I watch winter sakura with you if this miracle would ever happen in our whole lifetime?” Minyoung nudged.

 

“Yes and you must be the lady beside me when it happen,” Tao smiled, “but you know I could make this miracle happen if you were to give me some motivation..” Tao said and pointed onto his cheek. Well, obviously hinting Minyoung for a peck.

 

“Wow, bluntly asking for it huh?” Minyoung made a remark.

 

“It’s okay if you don’t want, you know.. I can just don’t-“ he said as he turned to look at her but her lips crashed onto his instead. Oh wow, what a blessing feeling? That kiss tasted sweet? Oh no, it tasted like happiness

 

Tao clicked onto his fingers swiftly and caused the sky to start snowing. The white snow that fell slowly from the sky covered the petals of the sakura. With the mixture of soft pink and white the whole picture looked so perfect. Minyoung opened her eyes and pulled herself away from the kiss. Damn, she wished that she could have a camera with her so that she could take a picture of this beautiful scenery. 

 

Once again, her eyes gleamed with amusement, “thanks Mr. Huang they looked as mesmerizing as I thought.”

 

She looked at the sakura tree and then to the surrounding. Weird, why does it seem like as if nothing had happened in other people’s eyes?

 

“Zitao, why-“ she questioned as she directed her fingers at the crowds in the park.

 

“It was simple, because this miracle only belongs to us. I just wanted to share this scenery with you and only you.” Tao explained.

 

“Aww.. you’re so sweet Mr. Huang,” Minyoung said and pinched onto Tao’s cheeks.

 

Tao grab onto her wrist and took her hands away from his face, “yah!”

 

“Mehh..” Minyoung stuck out her tongue.

 

“I hope you won’t get diabetes due to my sweetness,” Tao joked.

 

“That’s lame, Mr. Huang,”

 

“Fine..” Tao gave in. His teasing just would not work this time, “I hope that you’re enjoying this scenery because they are going to disappear in another five minutes.”  

 

“Enough, five minutes is enough,” she said as she hugged Tao and still beaming happily. 

 

Slowly, everything silent down and the only audible sound to them was the sound of the water flowing inside of the wishing fountain and the breathing of each other’s. Their heart beats and breathing slowly go in sync. Just when Minyoung thought that she could embrace that moment, something struck her mind.

 

“Zitao,” she nudged.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Don’t you hate me?” she asked.

 

“Why should I?” Tao got confused.

 

“Because of me, your eternity life was taken away. If it was not for me, you could live so much longer than you could afford to wait for another thousand or millions of cherry blossoms. Don’t you hate me for that?” little amount of guilt gushed over her.

 

“Silly, why would I?” Tao said, “You still don’t understand? All along, my eternity life is you. So what if I could live an infinity life? What would life be to me when you are gone?” 

 

Touched; she felt touched.

 

“Isn’t it good this way? I could grow old with you or maybe die with you. I won’t hate you and instead I would love you more because you are the one who I’m going to spend the rest of my life with. You’re the one who I want to take care of until the day I die,” Tao confessed.

 

“Thank you so much. Thanks for everything you’ve did for me. Thanks for not hating me after what had happened,” Minyoung teared as she express her gratitude.

 

“Why are you thanking me? I’m willing to do anything for you, silly,” he said as he ruffled her hair.

 

“I promise to love you with all my life, Zitao,” Minyoung cried.

 

“Yes you better be,” Tao teased like as if it was a demand but deep down of him he promised that he would do the same too.

 

They made their promises and vows under the sakura tree. They embraced each other tightly after all the confessions. The seconds ticked by and the magic had lost. Five minutes was up but eternity was now in their hands.

 

Zitao, I love you. I may not have sacrificed as much as you did but I would repay you with all my love. You may not know but from the very first moment you came into my life, it had gone upside down. At first I hated it but as time goes by I’ve learnt to love it and until the day you left me I’ve learnt to appreciate it. Till now, that you’re back, I swear that I’m not going to let you go ever again and cherish every second with you. I’ll be the one to take up the pain when death do us apart so from now on I would start to eat and live healthily.. Perhaps, this is the only way that I could repay you for your undying love. Huang Zitao, I’ll be loving you.. forever..

 ---The End---
 


 

 

A/N: 

Hey guys, the last chapter is up. I hope you had fun reading the whole story. Really need to thanks those who clicked through the link to read this. Hope you love it and that I did not bored you throughout. ^^ Writing is fun, I might come back again. ^^ 

Allow me to a bit bias here but special thanks to @ chodenlovekaixoxo for being extra supportive towards this fic. I'm grateful. ^^