Chapter 2

It Was (Not) Me

‘Could it be just someone who really looked like Tao?’ Aissh..” Minyoung nearly cursed at her foolish self.

 

“I don’t think I know you at all. I did not remember meeting you before today,” Tao answered and broke the awkward silence.

 

He gave her a confused look and continued to clean away that dirty coffee stain with the serviette that was in his hand.

 

“Oh, did I cause that? I’m so sorry,” Minyoung took over that serviette and tried to change the topic that they were discussing about as she was embarrassed.

 

“How are you going to pay for it?” Tao scoffed.

 

“I don’t have much money with me now but I can wash it for you,” Minyoung blurted out.

 

“Wash for me? Where? Here? By using what, your saliva? I mean there’s no water around though,” Tao said as he looked around.

 

“I will bring it home to wash,” Minyoung said without thinking twice.

 

“So you mean you want me to take off my clothes in the public and walk home shirtless?” Tao sneered.

 

“No, no. You misunderstood. Aissh, follow me,” Minyoung sigh and lead the way.

 

‘That’s so Tao’s way of speaking; cocky as always,’ Minyoung thought.

 

Perhaps because that person looked really like Tao or maybe Minyoung had already mistaken him as Tao sub-consciously which caused her to bring him home without any hesitations. I mean who would bring a stranger whom they just met a few minutes ago back home? She felt safe like as if she had trusted him implicitly.

 

“Here, change into these,” Minyoung got him some sweatpants and shirt that Tao once wore before.

 

~

 

“Hmm.. I guess having this face is so much in a good use,” Tao looked into the bathroom mirror and touched his face.

 

“Just so you wait,” Tao said and smirked as his iris turned red like a beast.

 

That moment he looked really scary like a devil. It was just that he did not growl at his own reflection if not he would look like some vampire that was going to on human’s blood at anytime. After his iris turned back to normal, he walked out of the bathroom and searched for Minyoung. He roamed around the house and conducted every corner of it until he saw her.

 

“So you’re here!” he exclaimed like as if he had found some gem on the floor.

 

“Ahh shi- Did you float here or what? Why was there not a single sound of footsteps? I got a shocked!” Minyoung nearly cursed and looked at Tao.

 

Not to her surprise, those clothes fitted him perfectly like how a deck of 52 cards would fit into its box with nothing more or less. She stared at him again; unwilling to take off those gazes. At that moment, she thought that Tao was back. She thought that she could feel him once again. Tears brimmed her eyes.

 

Tao looked at her and saw her eyes. He hated the way she looked at him. It was like as if she was searching for that person she talked about in him again.

 

“Yah! Don’t look at me like this! I’m not that person you are looking for. How many times must I say?” Tao warned.

 

“Okay, fine,” Minyoung pouted as she wiped away those tears in her eyes.

 

“Kim.. Minyoung,” Tao continued when he saw her pout.

 

“How did you know my name? I’m sure I did not tell you,” Minyoung was clearly doubting what he said earlier on.

 

“Oh? It was your name? I don’t know this name just popped up in my mind suddenly and for some reasons it felt special to me,” he was clueless.

 

Minyoung felt so rejoiced that at least Tao still remember her name. Smile formed at the corner of her lips. Suddenly, she felt a warm breath coming closer to her. Later did she know Tao was moving closer and closer to her.

 

Tao’s actions caused Minyoung to retreat backwards. A step he took caused her to take a step back. Tao pushed her till the edge of the wall and trapped her between it and him. He slowly moved his head forward to Minyoung’s until they were just inches away. It was so close that his hot breath hit onto Minyoung’s face directly. He took seconds to examine her face’s feature before caressing it with his bare fingers. He then placed his gazes on her eyes which caused her to tremble in both anticipation and excitement.

 

Minyoung felt her heart beat racing. Her heart thumped so loud that she could hear it. She almost thought that her heart was just a centimeter away from popping out of her skin as the sound of her heartbeat and pace got so much more rapid and vivid. She tried hard to hide it as she was afraid that Tao would hear it and for it.

 

Tao chuckled. “Thanks for lending me these clothes and remember to wash them for me,” he said and shoved those coffee stained clothes into Minyoung’s hands forcefully.  

 

After that statement, Tao left as he laughed at Minyoung’s rosy red cheeks. Minyoung stood still in the same position; still trying to digest what had just happened. She took a few seconds to calm her heart down and thought. She was now hundred percent sure that the guy that was so close to her just now was Tao. That Huang Zitao she knew.  She was so sure because only Tao would like this and only Tao had that capability to change the rate of her heartbeat.

 

She did not know why Tao did not remember her but she knew something must have happened to him during these two years.

 

“What happened to him? Didn’t he go back to his kingdom? Or was it just what I thought? What really happened to him? Don’t tell me he reincarnated as a human being like what happen in those dramas every time,” Minyoung had thousands of doubts that she wanted Tao to answer them personally. 

 

“I don’t care if he lost his memories or reincarnated as a totally different person, I believe that he would remember me in no time. Because, he once told me that I’m the one who have the ability to stir up all his feelings,” Minyoung said to herself when those words of Tao came back to her and once again she reminded herself of that night.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

“Minyoung ah,” Tao nudged.

 

“Hmm?” Minyoung who was enjoying the cold breeze while lying in Tao’s embraced answered softly.

 

“Look at the brightest star in the sky, isn’t it beautiful?” Tao said and pointed towards that direction.

 

“Yes and you are going to be all corny and say that I’m just like one of them right?” Minyoung tried to predict what Tao was going to say.

 

“No, I just thought that it was really beautiful and wanted to tell you,” Tao teased and giggled at the silly girl.

 

“Yah!” Minyoung sat up a bit and slapped Tao’s chest.

 

“Okay, okay. You are the most beautiful lady that I’ve seen, you are even more beautiful that those that are in my kingdom,” Tao said and trapped Minyoung in between his arms before she could escaped.

 

“I’ve heard this quote before ‘if fated, your existence would stir up all his or her feelings’ and I think I have found mine. I found you, the one who stirred up all my feelings without giving me any notice. You are the one who are able to change the sound of my heartbeat. I think you and me are fated to be. I love you and I hope you know,” Tao tightened his arms that wrapped around Minyoung.

 

“I know, I always know and I love you too. Why are you being so mushy out of a sudden? Anyway, I like it because Huang Zitao would not do sweet talk frequently,” Minyoung returned Tao a peck on his left cheek and smiled.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

Smile formed on her face when she thought of that rare sweet moment with Tao. It was one of the sweetest memories that she could not forget.

 

As soon as Tao walked out of the door his smile turned into and icy cold face. That moment he looked so cold that his piercing cold stare would freeze your inner soul when he glared at you. He looked hazardous.

 

“What kind of bright color clothes is this? I can’t believe that I have to act like I like it,” he groaned.

 

That bright color clothes turned into pearl red as he walked slowly towards the nearest elevator.

 

“Ah yeah. Why do I have to use an elevator when I can just teleport? I forgot that I don’t have to act when she’s not around,” Tao halted his footsteps and vanished into the air leaving only black smoke behind.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

“How was it?” a guy who looked almighty and sort of like the ruler of the Empire said.

 

“It was going smoothly but I was really disgusted by those eyes when she looked at me. She kept on searching for someone in me. I really detested it,” Tao hissed and grimaced.

 

“Get use to it, this is only the beginning,” that ruler-liked man instructed.

 

“Yes, chief!” Tao answered and nodded his head.

 

“Why will that name pop up in my mind? Furthermore, it felt so special to me like it was the name of someone important. Am I really that person that she was looking for? But why was it that I did not have any memory of her?” Tao doubted and questioned himself.

 

He was confused. He did not know why he would feel this way.

 

“Ahh really! I should stay focus on getting her for Chief instead of thinking of these kinds of things,” as frustrated as he was he ruffled his hair roughly to vent out some of the frustration in him.



 

A/N:

Chapter 2 is up. Yay! Is this chapter confusing for you? Well, the part where Tao told Minyoung about the quote was actually a flashback. I hope it's obvious enough. OTL Don't get bored just yet, the real thing is coming after the next chapter. ^^ See you soon!