Chapter 6

It Was (Not) Me

“As you wish, even if I’m not him I’ll just act like I am. Thanks to your yearning for him that gave me this idea to get you. This is one of the fastest ways. Has anyone ever told you before that you are really stupid? Or should I say naïve, in a nicer way?” Tao smirked as he looked at Minyoung who was working diligently in Mémoire.

 

“Cling, cling,” the usual sound that the wind chime made as soon as Tao pushed the door opened from the outside successfully got Minyoung’s attention for the first time.

 

“Good mor-“ Minyoung greeted and stopped when she saw Tao walking in.

 

“Good morning, a cup of hot vanilla macchiato with more milk please,” Tao placed his ordered as soon as he reached the counter.

 

“Having here or take away Sir?” the same superior lady asked.

 

“This time..” he eyed towards Minyoung, “I’ll have it here.” He continued and cocked up his brow.

 

“Please take a sit and it will be serve to you soon,” that lady smiled and directed Tao towards those comfy and cozy seats in the Café.

 

Without any words, Tao walked towards the direction that he thought was the coziest in the Café. He walked towards that sofa seat which was right beside the floor to ceiling window; where the soft sunlight could shine through directly. A cup of bitter yet invitingly warm coffee accompanied by the soft sunlight in the morning and the views of people rushing for work or setting up their stores is the best way to start one’s day and it goes the same for Tao.

 

He sat at that comfy sofa and waited for his coffee patiently. He took a look at the views outside of the Café and thought, ‘do these people go for the same routine daily? Do they ever get bored? This kind of life is not challenging at all.’ He frown a little as he really could not understand the human kind.

 

As he looked at them and thought, the nice aroma of his vanilla macchiato slowly filled his nose and it made his taste bud ached for the creamy smooth texture of it. He looked up and saw Minyoung walking towards him with the cup of hot coffee on a tray.

 

Minyoung placed the coffee on the table top right in front of Tao. She looked at him with wary stares.

 

“So, you finally appeared after disappearing for a few days huh? What’s your conclusion then?” Minyoung started off the topic which seemed like it bothered her for years

 

Tao took a sip of the coffee that he had longed for and said, “I do have a conclusion but can we talk about it after we get out of here?”

 

“So you mean you want to get your stick onto this sofa until my work ends tonight?” Minyoung asked.

 

“No,” Tao shook his head and continued, “I was planning on getting you out of here once I finish this cup of coffee.” He smiled like as if it was nothing serious.

 

“What? You want me to skip my job today? This kind of case is normally called truancy in school and it was a bad thing. Don’t you know?” Minyoung widened her eyes and said.

 

“I don’t attend school,” Tao said nonchalantly.

 

“You did but not for long though,” Minyoung answered but well still mistaking him as her bae.

 

“Go get your bag and all. We are all ready too run away from here,” Tao said with a mischievous twinkle gleaming in his eyes.

 

“But.. Okay. This is the first and last time I’ll do it,” Minyoung said and walked towards her locker sneakily.

 

Now that she got her bag and casual home clothes changed she was afraid to walk out from the locker room boldly. She peaked through the door and walked out of it with timid steps in afraid that she would get caught by her boss; that superior lady. She kept looking back and forth, left and right alternatively to check out for her.

 

“Yah!” Tao suddenly appeared in front of her and whispered.

 

“Oh my god, don’t scare me off like this. If I scream, I might get her attention. You ,” Minyoung looked up and slapped onto Tao’s chest lightly.

 

“Come on,” Tao said and held her hands tightly.

 

“Shh..” Tao did a hushing signal.

 

“Now here’s the chance, she’s not looking. Let’s run!” Tao pulled her hands behind his and lead the way. He pushed the door opened and damn that wind chime that made the noise. He quickly shoved Minyoung in front of him and shielded her with his body to block the view of that lady. As soon as they got out of the Café, Tao held onto her hand once again and ran away with her as fast as they could.

 

That moment, Minyoung felt like she was doing some mission impossible that her heart got a little too over excited. She wanted to shout out loud in order to let out some of the excitement in her. She looked at Tao’s back view which was in front of her. It was all broad and manly. She then trailed her gaze down from his shoulder to his arms and then to the long and slender fingers that was intertwined with hers. Well, she was deeply mesmerized by those veins line formed on him arms.

 

She was so focused on him that she even forgot how long she had been running. Unknowingly, a sweetest smile formed on her face but was wiped off as soon as it was formed.

 

“Yah!” Tao stopped in the middle of the road and turned around to look at Minyoung.

 

“Ouch!” Minyoung who was so focus on the other things that she did not realized Tao had stopped his footsteps and bumped onto his chest.

 

Just then all the weariness of running too much came to her. She started panting heavily and sweats formed on her forehead.

 

“Where are we going?” Minyoung asked while panting.

 

“To continue our date which was ruined,” Tao said and beamed.

 

“Are we going to hike?” Minyoung said as she eyed at Tao from head to toe.

 

She realized that he was wearing onto a hiking jacket and pants also he got his haversack bag held in his free hand. Minyoung whined at the thought of hiking, “can we choose other activities? Hiking is tiring.”

 

“No, there’s a reason why I chose this activity,” Tao said.

 

“Fine, but..” Minyoung tried to bring up that certain topic again.

 

Tao chuckled, “I know what is that you were going to say.” He had his hands on both of Minyoung’s shoulder and looked into her eyes sincerely.

 

“Memories are just scraps of yesterday, what we have is now and tomorrow so let the bygones be bygones, we will just focus on what we have now. Can we? I sincerely got that feeling for you but maybe it was because of the accident that happened to me two years ago that I can’t remember a single thing from the past.."

 

"Accident?" Minyoung threw him a questioning look.  

 

Obviously it was a fraud. Tao paused and took in a deep breath.

 

"Whatever it is, I believe that my feelings won’t lie to me because it felt so real. Your kiss felt so real and familiar that it brought back all my feelings. I am now certain that I’m the person that you were looking for. Can we start afresh?” Tao lied through those sincere eyes.

 

It took Minyoung minutes before answering to his request. She could not and would not let the bygones just be it but she knew that it was now that were important. She looked into his eyes and believed him. ‘Yes’ she said and agreed to start afresh with him. She wanted to create so many new memories with him that she made sure that it would be craved deeply into his mind and soul.

 

Tao’s hand s around Minyoung’s shoulder and back. He hugged her tightly and nuzzled against the nape of her neck. Weird, he was supposed to be smiling smugly that his plan was going smoothly; that Minyoung got cheated but a brightest smile formed his face like as if it was from the bottom of his heart. He felt so elated that Minyoung agreed to start afresh. No, it was more like he was so elated because he got to go on an item with her.

 

“So, can we cancel the hiking trip?” Minyoung tried to trick Tao into saying yes while he was not focusing.

 

“No, we must go. We might even camp there,” Tao said and loosened his hug. “I’ve prepared everything. Now changed into these,” Tao searched through his haversack thoroughly before passing another set of hiking jacket and pants to Minyoung.

 

Minyoung puffed up her cheeks and frowned a little as she looked at Tao with those big and watery puppy eyes. She hoped that Tao would buy it with her innocence and cancel the trip. However, well..  

 

“Don’t aegyo me, it’s useless,” Tao said as he flicked his fingers lightly onto Minyoung’s forehead before a smile fade onto his face. “Quick, find a nearest toilet and get it change,” he continued and shoved Minyoung into the nearest shopping mall in that area.

 

“Okay, fine. As you like huh?” Minyoung shook her head and gave in easily.

 

“You better be quick,” Tao said as he sees Minyoung walked into the washroom.

 

“Mehrong!” Minyoung replied and stuck out her tongue.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

After a few minutes, Minyoung walked out of the bathroom swiftly. She looked around and search for Tao. As familiar as his figure was to her, she spotted him easily. He bent against those railings and had his arms placed on them with a phone cupped in both of his hands. Minyoung walked towards him sneakily; obviously having some evil plan in her mind.

 

“Yah!” she tapped onto Tao’s shoulders hardly.

 

“Fuc-“ Tao cursed as he got a shocked and his phone nearly fell over those railings and onto the ground of another level.

 

“Yah, you!” Tao raised his hand and wanted to give Minyoung a slap on her face as soon as he turned around.

 

Instinctively, Minyoung dodged backwards in a bit in order to avoid Tao’s attack. She had her eyes shut tightly while waiting for Tao’s palm to fall onto her cheeks. She thought she would feel pain in just a second but no, she only felt a light poke onto her forehead.

 

“Human like you are so ungrateful, I’ve help you a great deal and you scared me off like this,” Tao blurted out.

 

“Help me? What do you help me about and why do you speak like as if you are not a human? Are you still an a-” Minyoung pouted and questioned while rubbing softly onto her forehead.

 

“Of course, I’m a human. What are talking about? Thank me, your boss had already agreed to let you off for a week,” Tao panicked and quickly cut off Minyoung’s attention by changing the topic.

 

‘Phew, I nearly revealed my real identity.’ Tao thought as he wiped off those imaginary sweats on his forehead.

 

“Stop lying, if she were to give me some days off this easily then we wouldn’t be running out sneakily just now. She was not an easy person,” Minyoung rolled her eyes and doubted Tao’s words.

 

“Whatever, it is up to you if to believe or not,” Tao answered nonchantly.

 

“What she said?” Minyoung sighed.

 

“She said ‘fine, go on your holidays for as long as you wanted’ and then she hung up the phone call,” Tao answered and looked all proud like as if he had did something great.

 

“What? Obviously, she’s saying the opposite. Didn’t you notice? Aren’t you very smart in the past? I think I got fired,” Minyiung shook her head and sighed.

 

“Oh, I really didn’t notice,” Tao head towards the exit of the mall after finishing the statement.

 

“Don’t worry, as long as I’m here you won’t be starve even if you are jobless. Come on, let’s just get going,” Tao continued and held onto Minyoung’s hand.

 

“Yeah, yeah I forgot that you are a rich guy who owns a freaking lamborghini,” Minyoung sighed as she followed Tao’s footsteps who was taking the lead. 



 

A/N: 

OTL actually i thhink that this is getting ier or what.. Not sure but in the next chapter another important character will appear. I'm thinking to give a double update today, considering that this chapter is not that interesting.. I'll see how.