Chapter 3

It Was (Not) Me

The sun shone through the thin curtains in Minyoung’s room the next morning and caused her to frown. She pulled the warm and thick blanket above her head to shade herself from the glaring sunlight. She snuggled and hugged her bolster tightly; in attempt to sleep a little longer.

 

“Ding dong!” her door bell rang out of the sudden.

 

“Who the hell came so early in the Sunday morning? I’m so going to teach this person a lesson,” Minyoung exclaimed and stomped out of her room.

 

As Minyoung was taking her time to open the door, that sound of the door bell ringing got more rapid and impatient.

 

“YAH!” Minyoung yelled at that person as soon as she opened the door.

 

“Good morning,” a husky and warm voice greeted.

 

Minyoung was surprised and looked up at that person. She saw him taking off his shades in a suave way, as suave as a boss. Upon removing those shades it revealed a pair of familiar glittering eyes. Minyoung saw it and nearly lost control over herself once again.

 

“Zitao!” Minyoung called out and beamed happily.

 

“Shut,” Tao shoved his palm towards Minyoung’s face and covered her small mouth.

 

“How did you know my real name? I hate being called by that. It sounded so polite and gentleman like. If I did not remember wrongly, this wasn’t your first time calling me with this name,” Tao said and let go of his uncontrollable palm.

 

“Yes of course not, you are my boyfriend of course I’ve called you by this name a numerous time,” Minyoung answered.

 

“No,” Tao shook his head and raised up his index finger, “firstly, I mean yesterday you called me by that name when you hugged me like a mad woman out of no where. Secondly, I’m not your boyfriend. I’m not the one that you’re looking for.”

 

“Then how do you explain the fact that my name popped up in your mind suddenly?” Minyoung questioned.

 

“Oh please, there are so many Kim Minyoung in the world. It could even be the name of one of those countless girls that I had slept with. Please don’t take it as the whole world revolves only around you and I’m pretty sure that you won’t feel any special to me because.. You are not my style,” Tao tried to convince Minyoung and himself.

 

He wanted to remind himself that he was not and never will be the person Minyoung was looking for and his job here was just to get her.

 

Tao’s harsh words hurt Minyoung’s heart. That moment she heard what he said, she could also feel her heart stopped beating for a second. It was like her heart was sunken and broke into pieces at the base of the pit.

Her eyes got all teary as she looked at the person right in front of her. No doubt, it was Tao because everything about him was the same from inside out; from the physical appearance till his voice. The only thing that was different was that attitude. She looked at him and her hope of stirring up all his senses got smaller. She was afraid that Tao would forget her forever.

 

Many thoughts passed through her mind which caused her to utter I miss you under her breath. As those tears became more stubborn, they fell out from the edge of her eyes.

 

“Woah, don’t cry. Why are you even crying?” Tao was shocked by what he saw.

 

His words did not stop her tears and instead, it just flowed out freely that even Minyoung could not stop it. She allowed those tears to damp up her cheeks as she looked at him with that same gaze again.

 

“Oh my god, I hate to see girls cry. Can’t you stop?” Tao wanted to slap her but it was like his heart was going against his mind. Unknowingly, he pulled her closer and hugged her gently. He hugged her and got the sudden urge to comfort her. He felt like he was ought to protect her and stop her tears.

 

Minyoung landed on his soft and firm chest. He embraced her and it felt so warm but not the same as those in the past. There was a lack of something; something like a sense of security she felt before? That moment, she felt like she was comforted by some stranger.

 

“Fine, called me Zitao or whatever you like. Just don’t cry anymore but I have to warn you, don’t look at me with those eyes ever again. I really disliked it. Don’t search for that person in me anymore. Be it he was me or not me don’t search for him anymore because if you guys are fated, your existence itself could stir up all his feelings,” Tao blurted out and patted gently on Minyoung’s back.

 

He could not believe what he said. He was certain that he did not know anything about fate but his heart made him said it. It was from the bottom of his heart. He did not know why. He wanted to slap himself for saying those words.

 

If you guys are fated, your existence itself could stir up all his feelings, the only sentence that Minyoung heard clearly.

 

She stopped her tears and locked her eyes with his once again as she heard those words; those words that Tao said before. She could not believe that she was able to hear it live with that same sweet and touching voice again. She stared at him as she could not figure out why was it that he felt like a stranger just a moment ago and now he could feel so same.

 

“Again, there you go again!” Tao winced and covered her eyes as he loosens his grip around her.  

 

“Yah!” Minyoung shook his hand off, “I know and I understand that you’re not him right? Fine, I’ll control my feelings in the future. Sorry if my gazes bothered you.”

 

How the hell was Minyoung going to do that if he reminded her so much of him? Damn!

 

Tao smirked and it was all sarcastic. He thought that he really got enough of her.

 

“Whatever it is what are you here for in the early morning?” Minyoung asked as she strolled towards the sofa.

 

“To get back my clothes, you idiot! It better be washed by now,” Tao rolled his eyes.

 

“Oh yeah!” Minyoung recalled and walked towards the laundry room.

 

“Pissh, even if he was not Zitao he was still cocky. As cocky as, oh no even more cocky than my baobei and yet he blamed me for mistaking him as Zitao over and over again,” Minyoung talked to herself as she walked down the hallway.

 

“Fine, you want your clothes, I’ll get you your clothes,” Minyoung nodded her head and uttered sarcastically as she unlocked the window and reach over to that long bamboo stick which had that two pieces of ‘filthy’ cloth hung on it. She took her time to remove those pegs that helped to hold them firmly onto the stick. She used her bare hands to feel onto the soft cotton cloth to check if they were dry before holding them in her hands.

 

However, instead of leaving the room and returned Tao’s his clothes as soon as possible she stood at the same position and check thoroughly if there were still coffee stains on those pieces of cloth as she knew it very well of what Tao would do to her even if the stain was just a size of how Singapore would looked like on the world map. The time she took was much longer than she need and it got Tao impatient that he roamed around the house to search for her again.

 

“Really, this woman is getting on my nerves. What took her so long and just where can she hide in this small house that I can’t find her? !” Tao cursed along his way on searching for Minyoung.

 

He opened every door that he saw to check if Minyoung was in it. As impolite as he was, he did not even seek for any permission before he roamed around other people’s house freely. He literally treated himself at home. He gritted on his teeth at the thought of Minyoung wasting so much of his precious time before he opened the last door down the hallway. Oh god, finally he found her and he felt a sudden urge to pounce on her; not to do anything but to kill her. Really, just how impatient can he get when it comes to ladies?

 

“Yah! What took you so ing long?!” Tao exclaimed furiously and it shocked the poor Minyoung who was so ready to leave the room as she turned around. She was startled that she nearly fell as she jumped and stumbled a little.

 

Insticntively, Tao rushed forward and grabbed her waist to prevent her from falling and a sudden worrisome feeling assailed him which caused the fury in him to dissipate. He protected her like as if she was some precious little treasure to him. That moment, they made eye contact once again.

 

‘Was it just me or not? Why do I feel that the surrounding got warmer and why are my cheeks so hot?’ Minyoung thought as she got a little shy when Tao looked at her like this.

 

‘Why would I feel the need to protect her? She’s so ing annoying. I disliked her but..’ Tao thought too.

 

“Yah! Where are my clothes?” Tao let go of her as soon as he felt something wrong.

 

“Here,” Minyoung hand them over.

 

‘Chance, here’s the chance to get her. Don’t be foolish,’ Tao thought like as if his inner soul talked to him.

 

“I’m starting to think that you’re quite cute. You made me curious that I want to know more about you,” Tao suddenly d onto Minyoung’s waist again; pressing her closely against himself.

 

“Let’s have a date, tonight,” Tao whispered into her ear ily.

 

His hot breath sent chills down Minyoung’s body. She was surprised by what he said. He was asking her out for a date. Minyoung could not think straight due to her foolish sub-conscious that kept telling her this person was her bae, the one she loved. 

 

“Okay, where?” Minyoung agreed in no time.

 

“You’ll know later. Be ready by 8pm,” Tao said and left the laundry room to the main exit door.

 

‘BANG!’ a loud sound of the door closing was sent from the living room to where Minyoung was. Upon hearing that sound she was snapped back into reality.

 

“Did I just agree to go on a date with him? , I’m not sure if it was my heart minding me or me minding myself. I kept thinking that he was Zitao when he’s clearly not. What to do?” Minyoung cursed herself.

 

Minyoung shook off her thoughts and went into her bedroom. She lay down onto the bed and snuggled into the warm blankets again. She wanted to nap a little more but random thoughts kept invading her mind. Those thoughts was testing on her patient that caused her to sit up after tossing and rolling around the bed for almost an hour.

 

“ahhhh!” Minyoung yelled like a mad woman while ruffling her hair with both her hands.

 

“I really hate Tao. I mean both Tao! Both that angel bae and the coffee stranger! They are not giving me a break like seriously! I kept thinking of that freaking coffee stranger and I don’t even know the reason why. Furthermore, why do I feel like as if I’m looking forward to that date tonight?” Minyoung asked her reflection that was in the mirror and landed her head onto that comfy pillow soon after it.

 

She slowly drifted into sleep after ranting out all her feels. She felt a little better after saying her messy thoughts out. Her brain got tired of thinking and just wanted to take a long rest. Slowly, Minyoung was into a deep sleep that like as if she had gone to another world called The Lala-land



 

A/N: 

This chapter is to emphasis on Tao's attitude as well as those mixed feelings he got when he look at Minyoung. Well as you can see i kept on emhapsising on the stupid feelings that Minyoung felt for Tao too. Okay, to sum up this chapter is about FEELINGS. Date on the next chapter. Excited? :D Hope you enjoyed. ^^