Chapter 11

It Was (Not) Me

“I’ll appoint you to this mission. Make sure to not fail me again,” Master said and hand over the documents of new case into Tao’s hands.

 

“Yes, Master. I won’t disappoint you again,” Tao cheered.

 

‘I’m so excited for the new mission!” Tao thought as he beamed happily but for no reason his heart ached tremendously. Wasn’t it ironic? “Ouch!” Tao yelped as he grabbed onto the side of his chest which was obviously in pain.

 

“Zi.. Tao..” he heard her called and sensed her struggle. Tao got worried and panicked at the thought on what he heard. Why the hell she sound so breathless? Without a second thought he vanished into the air leaving only white smoke behind. Wait, then what about Master who was still talking to him? Tao did not care.

 

“What? Where the hell is he again?” Master sighed as he already guessed where he went.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

Tao landed in Minyoung’s apartment; just a few feet away from her. His eyes widened as he never thought that things could be this serious as what he saw.

 

“Stop that!” Tao said as and shot a flash of bright lights in front of the other him who was in Minyoung’s soul. Those lights hurt his eyes that caused him to release his grips and held his hands against his eyes instinctively.

 

“! What the was that?” he cursed as he shielded his eyes.

 

Just in time, Tao was just in time to get a hold of Minyoung who was landing onto the ground as he teleported towards her.

 

“Finally.. You are back huh?” Minyoung looked at the one who was holding onto her so gently. She gave him a faint smile as she coughed.

 

“Yes, I’m back, I’m back,” Tao said as he looked into her watery eyes, “I thought you were going to die. So glad, I felt so glad that I came in time.” He continued as he hugged her tightly. The little amount of tears of joy and fear brimmed his eyes and threatened to fall. 

 

“Just who the did that-?” the other him was lost of words when he took away his palms that was shielding his eyes, “the .. Reflection?” he nearly bit on his tongue as he said. What the hell was going on? Was he eyes hurt from those lights that he was seeing things now?

 

“You.. you..” he stuttered, “why the heck do we looked so same?”

 

“Shouldn’t I be the one asking you?” Tao said as he shot a glare toward his direction. He slowly released his embrace and shielded Minyoung behind him.

 

That moment, the devil was lost. His mind was blank. He finally realized why; why did his Chief insisted on giving him this appearance. He finally understood why was it that every other devil got to choose their targeted humans for their desired looks but not him. ‘Huang Zitao’, he thought and smirked and it was all sarcastic. He finally knew why were he given this name despite the fact that it sounded so unlike devil’s style. It was because of him, the person right in front of him.

 

“Looks like you are not just as simple as a human huh?” the devil broke the silence.

 

“Why? Are you afraid now? Because I might have the ability to kill you?” Tao said scornfully, “you bastard, what you did to her just now I would make you pay ten times back!” He scowled menacingly.

 

“Oh really? I’ll wait,” the devil accepted the challenge and looked all proud. Those confidences that he showed disgusted Tao till his bones. He wanted to rip those smile off his face.

 

“Don’t talk as if it was nothing serious, bastard,” Tao threw a punch towards his face and pushed him against the wall. He grabbed onto the collar of his shirt and wanted to skin him alive.

 

“Woah, how unlike a man are you? Let’s go on a real fight if you wanted. Don’t attack me when I’m not prepared at all!” the devil sneered as he off the stain of blood that oozed out from the bottom of his lips.

 

“You want real fight? I’ll give you real fight!” Tao said as he grabbed onto him and disappear completely from that apartment.

 

“Zitao!” Minyoung called out but she was too late.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

“Why the hell you acted like as if you are me? What do you want from her?” Tao said and pushed the devil onto the dusty ground of that abandoned construction site.

 

“Woah, watch your actions. Like I have the need to explain everything to you,” he said as he rubbed onto his sore elbow which was hurt when his skin rubbed against the rough ground.

 

“What if I say that I wanted her body? Does it make you want to kill me yet?” he smirked, “oh, you know how good her kisses felt? It felt so y that I think that I could swallow her at anytime. You know, how she looked like when she begged for me to stay? She looked like she’s lacked of love and needed me to satisfy her ual lust.” He stood up from the ground and swept those dust off his shoulders.

 

His words caused Tao to clench his fist even tighter that his knuckles were now as white as sheets. Just one more word from him and it could blow his top off.

 

Well, you know how delicious she looked like when she looked into my eyes and search for those long lost feelings that she miss?” he provoked Tao with his words, “Mesmerizing, it was so mesmerizing that I thought that I could her twice in a day and I still could not get enough.” Damn, that was it. It hit Tao’s limit. All of his provoking was a success. Oh wow, congratulations. 

 

“Don’t stain her with your dirty words! Bastard!” Tao raged and side kicked him which caused him to fall flat onto the ground again, “don’t ing say about her like this!” Tao scowled as he shoved his face onto the ground and had his left knee placed harshly against his back; pinning him down with his hands placed on those shoulders.

 

“Why? Feeling your heart aching now? Please, if you really cared about her safety and loved her till this extent then you should not have left her in the first place,” the devil said as he freed himself from Tao.

 

Tao was so careless that he loosen his grips unknowingly. He dazed out as he thought on what he did two years ago. Was he really wronged? Should he just stay and die together with Minyoung? Was it a better way like this? He thought and thought until a punch landed on his face.

 

Oh no, you should not have let your guard down when your enemy is just in front of you,” the devil taunted. He then had his hand stretched towards the direction of the ground after finishing the sentence. In no time, a long wushu wooden stick appeared in his hand.

 

“Looks like you got something there huh?” Tao said as he rose his hand into the air before a Chinese sword appeared in his hand, “don’t be too overly cocky.” He said as he narrowed his eyes and charged toward the devil with his sword.

 

“Like as if I’m going to listen to you,” the devil rolled his eyes before he dodged away from Tao’s sword in a swift pace, “my turn now.” He side-eyed Tao and smirked; a dangerous smirk. He swung the stick above his head and gave Tao a double attack by attacking his back and then to his chest before landing onto the ground with a wushu’s rest stance.

 

Those strengths that he generated were so great that it could blow a normal human a few feet away from where they were at. Tao was hurt and he could feel that his back was starting to sore and it would be swollen in just seconds. That devil wanted to cheer at his success but was halted when Tao pierced his sword through his heart.

 

“I said, don’t be too overly cocky didn’t I?” Tao scoffed as he held onto his chest. Unfortunately, those injuries that the devil gave him were so much more serious which caused him to puke blood.  

 

“You think you’re winning?” the devil said. Tao was surprised by what he saw. He was surprised when he saw the blood that oozed out from his heart was slowly vanishing and the wound slowly healed by itself. What, he had the ability to heal too?

 

‘ is this that my healing skill is not fully activated yet!” Tao cursed under his breath. He paused for a second before he came up with another idea to save his own and take his revenge. He thought that he could use his supernatural power to fight him if his wushu’s skills would not help.

 

He swallowed back his blood and focused his attention onto creating a spark of fire in his hands. As soon as those fires were created he combined them and made it into a fire ball. “Take that!” He said as he threw it towards the devil.

 

It was reaching. If the fireball hits the devil then everything could come to an end. That fire that Tao summoned was not some normal fire that we saw in our daily life; it was some immortal fire that could burn your skin, flesh and at the same time your inner soul. It could burn you alive so much that you could never reincarnate ever again. However, that huge fireball was halted by the opposite energy; the water.

 

The devil generated another great force of water that pushed the fireball away form him. Tao too continued with his strength to prevent the attack from coming back to him. One minute.. Two minutes and three minutes had passed, both of them had not relax even for a second because if they did then the next thing that person would know- oh no that person would know nothing because he would have been dead by then.   

 

Sweats formed at both of their forehead as their strength was weakening. Before they could do any counter attack to each other it seemed like they had lost control over themselves. They could not take control over their strength or supernatural powers anymore. All they felt was that they were being towards the two great forces that they had created.  

 

Closer and closer, they were on the verge on breaking down before they completely clashed together. That moment, they blended into each other’s body. They became one and their body trembled and shivered non-stop like as if they were being electrocuted

 

That moment as they were blending, the winds got stronger and blew onto the trees. Those trees bent down like as if they are avoiding from the wrath of those angry winds. Leaves shed like as if those trees cried in fear. The sky groaned and growled loudly like as if it was going to be the end of the world. Sky turned gloomy and dark as those clouds shaded the glaring sun.

 

All sorts of things happened to the sky that caused it to turned merciless and shot a thunderbolt onto the Earth. Those strong winds sent rubbish bins and thrash cans off flying all the way to the other side of the world.

 

They felt pain as they struggled to free themselves. Those pains caused them to curl up their fingers and toes. Tight fist was created and they wish that they could just grabbed onto anyone who was around and make that person share part of their shot pain. It hurt so much that they wanted to scratch off their own skin to subsidies the pain.

 

“Argh!” they both groaned at the same time as more pain assailed their brains. Images of unknown places, incidents and things flashed upon their eyes. No wait, those were more like their very memories of their real identity but why would the both of them see the same thing?   

 

Slowly, the world turned pitch black to him. He shut his eyes and fainted at that soulless abandoned construction site. The winds too stopped raging and the sky was cleared. It was now so peaceful like as if a thunderstorm had just left.



 

A/N: 

How was it? I really like this chapter tho. ☺ Tbh, this chapter was actually my dream. In my dream there was literally two Tao and one of them held sword and the other had wushu stick and then they fight each other like a samurai? LOL I don't even know why. This dream was also part of the reason why I came out with this plot. ☺