Chapter 13

It Was (Not) Me

“Hyung!” Sehun called out as he saw a frown formed on the face of the one who was lying on the bed. No reply,. “hyung!” he called and shook him in a bit this time round.  

 

Hyung, Tao heard Sehun calling him while he was slowly returning from the pitch black world. Lights started to peer into his eyes as soon as he lifted his eyelids. Hand, he saw a hand waving above him. He opened his eyes completely in a slow motion and saw a familiar silhouette. His visions were still blurry and those sun lights were literally hurting his eyes. He shielded his eyes with his palm in afraid that he would just go blind if he did not do it quickly.

 

He took away that shield as he was slowly getting used to those little snippets of lights that peered through the uneven curves between his fingers.

 

“Sehun?” he threw him a confused look as he propped himself up from the bed.

 

“Finally you’re awake!” Sehun cheered.

 

“What do you mean by that? How long have I been sleeping?” Tao asked while holding onto his forehead.

 

“Three days. You’ve been in coma for three days,” Sehun answered.

 

Tao nodded as a reply and took a look at the surrounding, “wasn’t this-“

 

“Yes, we are now at Minyoung’s apartment,” Sehun explained.

 

“Minyoung? Where is she?” he coughed, “is she okay? Why didn’t I see her around?” he shot questions.

 

“Hyung, aren’t you being a little unfair?” Sehun spoke and wow, seems like there was some jealousy in his words.

 

“What?”

 

“You never thank me for bringing you back here from that abandoned construction site and yet you kept questioning about her being. You don’t even get curious on how you got back here?” Sehun threw him a are-you-serious-look.

 

“Sehun! I’m back!” Sounds of keys chuckling and doors closing were sent from the living room into the two men’s ear.

 

Oh wow, speak of the devil.

 

“Sehun!” Minyoung exclaimed as soon as she opened the door of the room where he was in, “why didn’t you come to fetch me? You said you’ll. I’ve waited and wai-“ she rushed towards to give Sehun a slap on his chest but was halted when she saw something that enlightened her face.

 

“Zitao!” Minyoung exclaimed and threw herself towards him which caused Tao to be taken aback.

 

A genuine smile form on Tao’s face, “silly.” He said as he hugged Minyoung tightly and ruffled her hair.

 

“Oh you guys are such an eyesore,” Sehun said and squeezed his eyes twice.

 

“You’re just jealous that you don’t have one to cuddle with,” Minyoung teased.

 

“Please, if I want I could have countless of them,” Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

“Like I care if you have one or not,” Minyoung said as she gave Tao a huge smile before embracing him again.

 

She hugged onto him and wished that this could go on forever. Please, she prayed for God to not take Tao away from her ever again. Tao too hugged her tightly and was reluctant to let go. He took in the familiar scent of her hair as he breathed. They literally treated Sehun’s existence as zero.

 

“Hey!” Sehun broke the sweet silence. Oh damn you Sehun!

 

“I’m still here,” he nudged, “how ungrateful can you guys be?” He continued. 

 

“You!” he pointed towards Tao, “you did not even thank me for taking care of you.” He narrowed his eyes menacingly.

 

“And you!” he pointed at Minyoug as he shot her a well not so dangerous glare, “don’t forget who’s the one that healed your wound and accompanied you through this three days okay? You know how insane you were.”

 

“Oh, poor me that I have to deal with you two,” he sighed and shook his head. He acted like he had suffered from grievance.

 

“Well, Oh Sehun. Are you done with your speech yet?” Tao teased as he nudged Minyoung to release her embrace and guided her to take a sit beside him, “now can you go to the point and tell me what happened when I was asleep?”

 

Sehun then gave him a damn-you-hyung-let-me-finish-my-act face.

 

“Fine,” he sighed once again. ‘I think I owed them in my past life.” He thought.

 

“Actually I too don’t know what really happened. All I knew was that I sensed that you were in danger and then I found you alone at an abandoned construction sites. You know you were all unconscious? I tried to bring you back to our Kingdom but I failed,” Sehun explained.

 

“What do you mean by you failed to bring me back to out Kingdom?” Tao was curious.

 

“You are not pure anymore,” Sehun said.

 

“Huh?” the cease between Tao’s brows got even tighter.

 

“That was what Master told me. He said that you are not pure anymore that he could not allow you to step into our Kingdom ever again,”

 

Tao’s heart sunk upon hearing those words. Does that mean that he was chased out from the place that he called ‘home’? He knew it very well that what had happened to him to become as what Sehun had just said- not pure anymore.

 

And so I brought you back here,” Sehun brought back Tao’s attention, “then I saw her lying on the floor in the living room. You know, just like you, unconscious,” he continued as he pointed at Minyoung.

 

“So I took care of both of you,” he explained further, “oh I think I might be qualified to become a mother soon.” He acted all sarcastic.

 

“Are you serious?” Minyoung laughed.

 

Too bad, Minyoung only got Sehun’s attention span for less than a second, “and so things go on like this until she woke up,”

 

“Hyung, you really need to see how panicked she looked like the moment she came to her senses okay?” he said and an evil grin formed on his face, “she be like Zitao, zitao where is zitao!” Sehun intimidated her actions as well as the tone of her voice.

 

“Oh shut up!” Minyoung shoved her palm towards Sehun’s mouth; covering it together with his nose. That moment, she was nearly dying from embarrassment. Thank you so much, Sehun.

 

“So that’s the end?” Tao chuckled but never forgot about the serious matter.

 

“Yes..” Sehun answered and panted as soon as Minyoung released her hand that almost suffocated him with.

 

“Hyung, can you tell me how you become like what Master said?” Sehun turned serious.

 

“About that.. It’s complicated. I’ll tell you next time when I got the chance,” Tao replied.

 

“Fine, then I guess I’ll take my leave first,” Sehun stood up from his seats, “you have to know that I’ve not been back to our Kingdom for three days too.”

 

Tao nodded in agreement.

 

“Hyung, I hope that one day you could be back to our Kingdom and join back our clan again, we will miss you,” Sehun said unbearably. The thought of leaving his hyung was just oww, so painful.

 

“Better take care of my hyung!” Sehun said to Minyoung as he tried to put up onto a forceful smile, “see you soon hyung.” He quickly teleport away as tears began to take control over his emotions.

 

“Yah!” Minyoung wanted to stop him from leaving but it was already too late. Embarrassment was still overwhelming her as she was afraid that Tao would for everything that Sehun had just said about her.

 

“Minyoung,” indeed, Tao called out her name.

 

‘Damn, I’m so going to die. He would most probably tease me till death,” Minyoung struggled with her thoughts.

 

“Come here,” Tao beckoned.

 

Minyoung walked towards him reluctantly, “tease all you wanted.” She sat on the bed, right in front of Tao.

 

Tao smiled, “No, I’m not going to do that.”

 

“Are you still hurt at anywhere?” Tao said as he held onto both of her hands and allowed his eyes to wander around her neck as he looked for those printings of that tight grip he had created.  

 

“Huh? No,” Minyoung was clueless. She thought Tao was going to but instead all she heard was a soft and gentle concern.

 

Upon hearing her answer, Tao let out a sigh of relief like as if an hinderance that weighed tons had officially be lifted away from his heart. He caressed onto her cheek before pulling her into his embrace slowly, “I’m glad to hear that.”

 

“Zitao,” Minyoung had her hand against his chest; wanting to push him away.

 

However, her actions failed when Tao pressed her against himself even harder; in afraid that he might lost her in any second if he was to let go.

 

“I thought that I was going to lose you again,” he said as he rested his chin on Minyoung’s shoulder.

 

“Silly,” Minyoung chuckled, “but Zitao, I’m sorry.” She apologized.

 

“Why? What was that for?” Tao asked.

 

“I.. I foolishly took other guy as you,” Minyoung wanted to smack herself for being so stupid.

 

“Well, you did not. That guy was me. Well apparently not, but he was me,” Tao found it hard to explain.

 

“Huh?” Minyoung got a little confused.

 

“Whatever it is, you did nothing wrong. I was the one who wronged you,” he blurted out, “I’ve gotten so crazy that I even wanted to take in your soul. Forgive me will you?”

 

Take in soul? Wasn’t the devil the one who did it but why was Tao apologizing on his behalf?

 

“Huh? You are not talking any sense. Are you now my Huang Zitao?” Minyoung took a look at his face then to his gazes. Yes, she saw those gazes and she felt it. It was right, nothing wrong.

 

“I could take forever to explain everything to you. It was too complicated but I’ll make sure that there won’t be a second time for things like this,” Tao assured. 

 

"Okay.. Then.. What about the other you?" Minyoung questioned.

 

"Shh.. Let's not talk about it anymore. Just know that, I'm back and you are in my embrace now," Tao cooed.  

 

“Fine, as you say,” Minyoung did not go any further on asking as she understood. She knew if Tao said that it was like this then everything will be just like as he said. She just trusted him.

 

“You suffered a lot from the past two year right?” Minyoung continued as she played with Tao’s fingers that was holding onto hers.

 

“Sehun told you?” Tao guessed.

 

“This brat.” he shook his head a little as soon as Minyoung nodded.

 

“I’m sorry, partly of it was caused by me,” Minyoung apologized once again.

 

“It’s okay, there’s no big deal. It was just being shut away from the world and the sealing of my powers. Everything had ended, don’t take it too hard,” Tao said in a calm tone, “to think of it now, I should thank you because you are one of the reasons that kept me through this hell.”

 

“Huh? What I did though?” she locked her gaze with his.

 

Tao smiled, “memories, you gave me so much memories that I can’t forget. Those memories with you are the ones that kept me alive. I search for you and your faces through it because it was the only thing that could make you closer to me. Your smile, your pouts and your silliness, well basically everything about you had kept me going and holding on for so long. So aren’t I supposed to thank you?”   

 

“Hey, why did you copy what I did?” Minyoung gave Tao a little punch on his chest.

 

“Did what? Searching for you in my memories?” Tao questioned at first, “so you mean you did that to search for me too?” Well, well his teasing was going to start at anytime. 

 

Minyoung looked away and wanted to slap herself for what she had just said. She could not believe that she just offered a chance for Tao to .

 

“Yah, you did right? Tao tired to let his eyes meet hers but she avoided it.

 

"No, you think too much,"

 

"You did!" 

 

"No!" 

 

After countless tries on persuading for her to admit it, Tao lifted her chin and forced her to look into his eyes, “I miss you, a lot,” He said softly.

 

“I miss you much more than you do,” Minyoung confessed upon looking at those sincere eyes.

 

Tao laughed at that instant, “so you admit it? You still did not change do you? Your bickering skills are still there.”

 

Minyoung beamed at Tao’s ‘compliment’ as her cheeks turned as red as tomatoes. She smiled and Tao lost it. His heart melted right away. He pecked onto Minyoung’s cheeks and dang all the feels came overwhelming them. Minyoung looked into his eyes and those gazes shouted ‘kiss me’.

 

Just as she wished, Tao kissed onto he soft lips gently which caused her mind to be numb. It was so mind numbing that she wanted more. Without her consent, her eyes had already shut and she was enjoying every minute of the kiss to the fullest. Well, it goes the same to Tao. Finally after such a long time of yearning for each other they were getting their wishes granted.

 

“I need you. Right here, right now,” Tao took chances to say when they were exchanging kisses.

 

Minyoung nodded, “me too.”

 

Shortly after her reply, she began to feel kisses and kitten underneath her earlobes and then to her neck. Minyoung let out a shameless moan at the moment Tao onto the skin of her neck.

 

“I love you,” Tao whisper into her ear.

 

Damn, who allowed him to speak in that overly y husky voice? It turned Minyoung on so much than she already was.

 

“Don’t you love me?” Tao questioned and marked her harder when he did not get any reply.

 

“Yes.. I do.. Love you,” Minyoung said as she was breathing heavily due to those ual lust that Tao implanted in her every time he marked her.

 

“Good,” Tao said and ended all his teasing towards Minyoung’s body.

 

Goddamn, it was all just a tease. Tao just enjoyed so much on how he turned her on so easily. Furthermore, he tricked her into saying she love him didn't him? Wow, what a sense of victory?

 

“Yah!” Minyoung slapped onto his chest and pouted. She was so embarrassed that she hoped that she could bury herself into a hole right away if there was one around.

 

Tao chuckled and burst into laughter as he cuddled her, “I miss your pouts.” 



 

A/N:

Sad to say that this story is ending soon..