Old Friend.

Animal I Have Become
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Taeyeon was finally able to stop shaking, it was only because she passed out from her exhausting breakdown. Jessica stayed on the floor with her mate and continued to hold her whenever she would let out a soft whimper in her sleep. Sighing, she looked up at the group gathered around them with concerned looks on their faces.

"What do we do now?" she asked.

Their manager took out his cell phone from his pocket before heading towards the hallway. "I need to make a call to an old friend."

The girls watched him as he disappeared around the corner before shifting their attention back to their wolf-leader.

"Okay. Now can I ask what's up with you two?" Sooyoung questioned. "She's never been comfortable around you before today. What happened?"

Jessica kept her face blank while all the girls stared at her, waiting for an explaination. 'Should I tell them? What good would that do?'

"None of your business." Jessica shrugged at them before glancing away. What was she even supposed to say? 'Oh you know, it's because we had yesterday even if Taeyeon doesn't remember it happening. Also, I'm now her mate, so stay away from her or I'll hunt you down.' 

The girls looked skeptical, but decided to drop it for now. If Jessica didn't want to share, then they would have a better time getting Sooyoung to share food than trying to pry out a reason from a stubborn ice princess.

Waiting for their manager in silence, they looked up when he reappeared in doorway.

"Who did you call manager-oppa?" Seohyun asked curiously.

He awkwardly scratched at his head before starting his story. "I used to know a monkey-hybrid when I was younger. I never thought he was a freak and didn't understand why the other kids avoided him so much. He explained it to me what hybrids were, the types, and their history. It didn't really matter to me, so I stayed best friends with him. One day, he told me his family was moving away because of the mistreatment they were getting from the neighborhood. I was sad, but I couldn't really do much about it. He gave me his contact information, and to this day, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter