Back at the Dorm.

Animal I Have Become
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica silently stared at her phone, looking at the selca her mate sent to her. It was the last text she received before Taeyeon switched off her phone, probably finding her instant messages overbearing. Sighing, she finally put the phone away. It wouldn't do her any good just staring at a photo all day long. She wanted the real Taeyeon with her, even if she was viewed as just a friend. At least then she wouldn't have this hollow feeling inside her.

Days ago, when Taeyeon announced that she was leaving, it sent the whole group into an uproar. They sent nonstop questions at their blank-faced leader while Jessica herself was trying to reign in her sadness. When the interrogation just kept getting louder and louder, their manager finally put a stop to it. He explained to them that she wasn't leaving the group, just a brief break to get used to her change. The instant reflief was palpable. By then, the girls were pitching in random items in order for Taeyeon to remember them by. It gave Jessica a headache with how quick her group members changed their attitude towards her leaving. Sure, she was happy that her mate wasn't leaving the group, but she was still leaving her.

It hurt, knowing that her mate didn't remember them bonding, but it stung even more that Jessica herself was too much of a coward to tell the other girl. Maybe if she told Taeyeon from the start, she'd be here right now, holding her and telling her how much she cared for her. At least, that's what Jessica wished would happen. More than likely, Taeyeon would feel disgusted at the fact and avoid her like the plague. Meanwhile, the rest of her members would shun her after they find out that she was in love with their kid leader.

Shaking her head from those dark thoughts, Jessica tossed the phone aside. It's not like Taeyeon was going to text her anytime soon. Considering it's been a little over a week since she sent the selca, it was more likely to assume that she'd completely forgotten about her.

Heavy-hearted, she trudged out of her room and headed towards the kitchen. 'Food heals all wounds, right?'

Entering the room, she nearly did a 180 when she saw Sunny by the counter. Knowing the other girl saw her, and more than likely wanting to question her, she decided to face the music.

Slowly inching forwards, she ignored the other girls' gaze and went about fixing up something to eat. 'Don't want to have this conversation with an empty stomach.'

After several minutes in tense silence, Jessica placed her food on a plate before going over and settling into a seat next to the danshin.

Taking a bite of her food, the ice princess waited for the first question.

"You had with Taeyeon, didn't you?"

Eyes widening, Jessica choked on her mouthful. Spitting it out, she continued her coughing fit while trying to gesture for something to drin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter