Birthday

Loving Him {On Wattpad}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback..

"Hey, tomorrow's your birthday." Jongin said. You looked at him and asked, "And?"

"What do you want?" he asked. You smiled. "There's no need. Just your friendship is okay." he smiled back.

 End of flashback...

Today is your birthday and you're finally 18. You're not really a party person but you will be celebrating in just a few hours. You only invited your close friends and bestfriends.

You chose a simple but cute knee lengthed dress to wear; nothing fancy. You patted on some light make-up and some cologne just to make yourself more presentable. You wore flat sandals as you're not really fond of wearing something high for your feet. It feels uncomfortable. You looked at yourself in your big mirror and smiled. A few seconds later, you heard knocks on your door. You happily opened the door.

"How's my birthday girl? Omo! My dear, you look so pretty!" your mother started tearing up. You hugged her and she hugged you tighter. "Eomma, please don't cry! You should be happy!" you smiled at her, pulling out from the hug. "Oh, of course I'm happy for you!" she said while wiping her tears. "I'm so happy to have a mom like you."

Your mom smiled too and said, "I'll get everything ready downstairs alright?" you nodded. You closed the door and took your phone to text Jongin. "Hey, you coming? :)" -Byul

"Duh? Of course I'll come! Why would I not come to my bestfriend's bday party? ;)" -Jongin

"Aww, thanks~ Haha! :))" -Byul

"Has anybody arrived yet?" -Jongin

"No, why? :)" -Byul

"Great, then I'll be the first one. Open the door, I'm waiting. :)" -Jongin

And with that, you went downstairs to open the door. "Hey! You're early!" you smiled at him. "As usual. I wouldn't wanna be late for your birthday party so I came early." he smiled too.

"You look pretty, Byul." he complimented. "Naah, you're just saying that." you chuckled. "No, no. I meant it." he said. You looked at him and you saw sincerity in his eyes. "Thanks!"

A few minutes later, there was knocking on the door of the house. You opened it and you were greeted by your friends loud saying of "Happy birthday Byul!" which made you laugh. Each of them holding nicely wrapped boxes. They all came in and were also greeted by you. "Hey guys! Thank you all so much for coming!" you smiled.

"Of course, you're 18 now! You're finally legal!" Baekhyung replied. Your mother came out and greeted them too. "Hello! It's nice of you all to attend my lovely daughter's 18th birthday! You may put your presents on that table." she pointed to a table with a nice table cloth. They all placed their presents on the table and heck, they sure had lots and lots of money to buy those. "Sit downs, guys!" you told them and they did so.

"Jongin-sshi?" your mom called him out. He went to your mom and asked, "Nae?"

"Would you please be a dear and help me with the plates? They're already on the table but they're still stacked. I need you to put them out, nae?"

Jongin smiled and agreed to help. He started putting the plates when he heard your friends teasing you about him.

"Byul, aren't you and Jongin dating already? I mean like you guys are so close to each other and you two act like a couple." one of them said. Jongin slowed down his actions because he was waiting for your reply. "Guys, we're not dating. And plus, he already loves someone else." you smiled at them like it's no big deal.

"Well, she's not someone else. She's you."  Jongin mentally said to you while smiling. Your friends said a sad 'Aww!' which made you laugh. Jongin was finally done with the plates and your mom thanked him. He went back to the living room where you and your friends are. When your friends saw him, they teased you again. "Oooh~" Taeyeon smiled at you teasingly.

Jongin sat down next to you and pretended not to know anything. He gave you a puzzled look and you shook your head then whispered to him. "It's nothing, they're just joking." you smiled. "Oooh~ She's whispering something!"

Jongin smiled and looked at your flushed face. "You guys, s-stop it." you nervously chuckled. "Food's ready!" you mom said from the dining room. You were thankful that the food is ready so that they won't get to tease you again. You stood up and ran to your mom then hugged her. "Thanks for saving me Eomma."

She chuckled and said, "But it's true."

You slightly pouted and she smiled. "Let's go eat, nae? They're seated." you nodded and sat down between your friends with Jongin across you.

While eating, Jongin kept taking glances at you. He would sometimes get caught not just by your friends but also by you. He'll just awkwardly smile then continue eating.

After eating, your mom called all of you to the living room for the cake. Someone covered your eyes and you could tell that it was Jongin just by the scent. He lead you to the couch in front of the cake.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter