Hide and Seek

Chasing Hurricanes

“Jiyong! Listen up. I’m going out for a while which means, you’re in charge. Understand? If something happens, you know my number. Don’t get anyone killed and if you go out, don’t get caught.” Ryu announced to the group as she pulled her arm through the sleeve of her hoodie, making her way toward the front door.

“Hey Ryu, why do you always leave GD in charge? Why not me?” Taeyang questioned from his spot on the couch, his gaze never leaving the TV before him. A few hours earlier him and GD had started a video game and haven’t stopped since.

“Wanna fight him over it?” Ryu questioned tilting her head with a smirk. She could see Taeyang glancing over at the boy sitting beside him and back at the TV.

“GD’s in charge.” He mumbled and she could see a grin form on Jiyong’s face. Shaking her head at the bunch, she opened the door.

“GD, don’t kill my crew.” She stated and walked out as he threw his hand up into the air. She smiled as she stood outside of the building, looking up into the blue sky. Pulling the hood over her head she started walking.

“Let’s see what I can do to clear my mind…”

 


 

“Grandma, I’m going out today.” Top yelled down from his bedroom. He could hear her mumbling something but not loud enough for him to understand her words. He smiled a little, throwing on his jacket as he made his way down the stairs.

“I’m sorry grandma I couldn’t hear you. What did you say?” He questioned the older woman standing in the kitchen preparing breakfast. She smiled as she flipped a pancake in the pan.

“I said, where are you going so early?”  

Top grabbed one of the pancakes that she had laid out on a plate next to the oven and bit a piece off, smiling sweetly at her as she shot him a glare.

“I don’t know. Look around a little, see if I can’t find myself some trouble to get into.”

Search for Riri…

“Please don’t get yourself into too much trouble. I don’t want to have to identify your body at the end of today.” Top chuckled, grabbing another pancake and walking toward the front door.

“I said trouble grandma, not getting myself killed. Don’t worry. I’ll be back by sundown and I’m taking Seungri with me.” The elderly woman smiled and nodded at him as she watched the boy walk out of the front door. Standing outside he started to scroll through the contact list in his phone, searching for his friends number.

“Wonder what Seungri is up too”

 


 

“You know what I want” Ryu stated plainly as she took a seat at the bar. Running through the streets all day long eventually took her to a certain bar that her and the crew were famous for showing up at. No one in town knew just who she really was, that is besides other crews and criminals that hadn’t been caught yet roaming the streets. Her and the crew were famous in the streets, admired by small time gangs and hated by other so called big shot criminals her crew stole their fame and glory from.

Ryu’s crew was considered the big bad wolf of all the gangs in town. Over 40 successful robberies, murders, and break in’s and not once had either of them been caught. Her crew was careful, not letting anyone see their faces. No one talked. Victims didn’t know enough to describe them while criminals were too afraid of what would happen if they talked.

“Comin right up” The bartender smirked at the younger girl before turning around and starting to mix a drink.

“So what’s up with this? Usually it’s at least two or three of you and when it’s you, GD’s not far behind. Where’s the crew?” he questioned her, trying to strike a conversation with the girl. She smiled as she drew circles with her finger on the countertop.

“I needed some time off from them. They can be a handful sometimes. Plus, I got a lot on my mind and am in no mood to hear them argue about stupid stuff.” The bartender let out a small chuckle and Ryu looked up at him, raising a brow.

“What? You got something to say about my crew?” She questioned in an offended tone. The bartender grabbed one of the shot glasses from the shelves and turned back to face the girl.

“You may be the biggest and baddest out there, but trust me, not everyone is afraid of you. Remember that.” He stated plainly, pouring the mixture into the glass. She eyed him for a moment before scoffing.

“Whatever. They should know better by now.” She replied grabbing the drink and spinning around in her chair so she could have an outlook on the entire bar.

Somewhere off into a corner a crew of four sat, joined by a few lower criminals.

“Who’s she think she is?” One of the males out of the crew questioned as he eyed the girl from across the bar.

“Who do you four think you are? I’ve never seen any of you around here. You guys new?” One of the criminals questioned, only receiving a glare from the other boy.

“Tell me more about her.” A second commanded. His tone and stature was different from the others so he immediately assumed him to be the leader. The criminal grinned at him.

“Under one condition. Names. No one comes here and leaves without introducing themselves. This bar is meant for people like us to enjoy the little life we have left, never knowing just when we might get caught. We don’t bust out into full blown fights here either, that way cops never even bother to come down here. We are in one of the most dangerous parts of town. No sane person comes here. Those are the only rules this place has. Whatever you do outside of this bar, doesn’t matter.”

The leader nodded, understandingly as he agreed to the mans terms.

“You first though.”

The criminal nodded once and happily started to tell him about the hooded girl.

“Her name is Ryu. Leader of the most wanted gang this side of town. Every robbery, murder or whatever her and her crew do, is successful. No one dares to mess with her or her crew because everyone that does, ends up dead in the corner the next day. No one besides her crew knows about her past. Rumors come and go about her. While some of them are true, others are just plain bull but trust me when I say this. You do not want to mess with her or her crew.”

“So they’re the top dogs around here?” The man questioned, his gaze staying upon the girl. The criminal nodded firmly.

“Thanks for that info.” He smiled, turning to look at the man.

“Names right? Alright. If that’s all you want. My name is 5zic. The braided one next to me, Cream. The one after that is Sims and the last guy down there is Kangnam.”

“Nice to meet ya and welcome to town” the stranger smirked before turning back around in his booth and joining his own crew.

“Ryu huh? And she has a crew...the top dog...we’re gonna have to change that. There can only be one and that’s us.” 5zic mumbled as he leaned back in their separate booth, eyeing the girl, taking a few sips from his glass.

“She’ll be fun to play with.”

 


 

“And you wanted to look around the worst neighborhoods in this town why?” Seungri questioned his companion afraid of who or what they might end up running into. Passing gangs eyeing them from the opposite side of the street, criminals breaking and hot wiring cars, gunning people down; anything from murders in alleys to small time criminals stealing purses.

“I’m looking for someone.” Top stated plainly, unphased by anything going on around them.

“Who could you possibly be looking for here?” Top turned to look at his friend who jumped at the slightest sounds. He decided it would be best if he didn’t tell him about Ryu until he was absolutely certain himself.  

“Wait here” He commanded, ignoring the youngers question. Seungri stood still in his spot as he watched Top walk up to a group of guys. He watched closely as he talked to them, one of which pointed into a direction and Top thanked them, making his way back to him.

“This way.” Wide eyed Seungri followed.

“How did you just talk to them like that..and even get them to tell you stuff?” Top chuckled.

“Seungri, they’re people too you know. Just because they can kill you doesn’t mean they will. Plus, never let them know you’re afraid, it makes you an easier target.” Seungri’s smile faded as he took a deep breath and stood upright, trying his best to put on an intimidating face.

Top grinned, shaking his head at his friend. The further they walked into the neighborhood the more Top started to worry.

That couldn't have been her. There’s no way in hell she’d be anywhere here. That’s not Riri, not my Riri. She would never be found here. She’d be found at home, hanging out with her friends….or her boyfriend...or her dog even but not here.

“Hey Top…please tell me this isn’t our destination.” Seungri mumbled ultimately bringing Top back out of his short daze. Following the younger’s gaze he turned to look at a rather run down place across the street. A sign hung in the window which read open while another hung just above the door reading ‘Big Bang’.

“That’s it.” Top mumbled.

The time of truth had finally arrived. If Ryu Could be found anywhere, it would be here at the Big Bang Bar the man earlier had informed him.

‘No one knows Ryu’s real hideout, which doesn’t really surprise me. Her crew is the top dogs around here. Don’t double cross her or you’ll end up in a ditch on the side of the road tomorrow morning. She and the gang do like to hang out at the Big Bang though, just down the street from here. Careful though. She’s not to fond of random strangers.’

Top stood there, staring at the bar as he remembered his conversation with the guy from earlier. He heaved a heavy sigh before looking back down at his friend. Motioning for him to follow, he started to walk, making his way toward the bar where he might…..might be able to find the answer to all of his questions.