Dead or Alive

Chasing Hurricanes

Top kept his eyes on the boy before him, watching him as he slowly blinked every now and then and his chest rose and fell every few seconds. It was the only thing that kept Top sane. Kept him somewhat calm. Knowing that the boy Ryu had came to call her brother was still somewhat alive but for how long, Top didn’t know. He could see the younger boy open his mouth a few times, only to have more tears roll down his cheek when he realized no sound would come out.

There was so much GD wanted to say to Top. So many things he might not get a chance to say. So many things he might not get to ask.

Why would you save me? Why the hell do you care about me? Why are you nice to me when only a few hours ago I would have blown your head straight off of your shoulders?

The more he thought about it, the more things he wanted to say. Needed to say before he died.

Take care of Ryu. Make sure the gang is alright. Please, watch over her. She’s stubborn but..she needs someone to watch over her. I’m sorry..for not trusting you Top.

Top’s head shot up as he could hear the screeching of tires nearby. Closer and closer he could hear the car until it stopped at the end of the alleyway. His eyes widened as he saw the people jump out of the car and there she was. The last person he ever wanted to see right now.

Tears streamed down her face as she froze in her spot. Her and her entire crew stood there along with 5zic's, staring at Top and the younger boy in his lap, easily bleeding to death.

“You ing bastard! What the hell did you do to him? What did you do to Jiyong? I will ing kill you SeungHyun! What do you not understand understand by stay the away from me?!”

Ryu yelled as loud as her cracked voice allowed her too. Dropping everything she ran as fast as she could over to the dying boy. She fell to her knees beside him and carefully grabbed him out of Top’s hands looking up at the older boy, eyes filled with pain, hurt and something else he hadn’t seen in them since that day. Disappointment. Top sat there frozen in his position as he watched her tears flow down her cheeks. She clung the boy close to her chest and rocked him back and forth, crying harder when she realized that he was barely breathing now.

The rest of both crews quickly joined her side by GD, CL and Taeyang throwing their arms around their leader while 5zic and the rest of his crew stood behind her. Creme smirked at Top when no one was looking and his eyes widened. Top stood to his feet as he recognized the face. The man that shot GD, the man that really shot him stood right in front of him disguised as one of her friends.

Top had two choices at that point. Either he started to speak and tell the girl that it was all just one huge set up by her so called new friends or he could shut up. Take the blame for it all and disappear. Hope that GD makes it and ends up telling her everything himself. He chose to stay silent. Right now, she wouldn’t believe him anyways. She trusted the people behind her. Trusted them more than him. Trusted them about as much as she trusted her own crew.

She’d never believe him. Not in a million years. If anything she’d think he was making it up to take the blame off of himself. To make her turn on them when all he wanted was to get her to safety. In the end, everything worked out in their favor.

Ryu looked up at the boy and the expression on her face alone could have killed him. She wanted to kill him and if GD hadn’t been laying on her lap, she would have without a second thought about it. Before anyone could grasp what was happening the girl grabbed GD’s gun and pointed it at Top. She cried as she stared up at the boy, the gun shaking in her hand and before Top knew it a click went off. He closed his eyes and waited patiently to fall to the ground the same way GD did. He waited to hit the floor, his head bursting open upon impact with the concrete floor. Waited to feel the pain from the bullet pierce through him but to his surprise, none of that happened.

The click he heard, the bullet meant to go through him, was a dud. Nothing happened and he opened his eyes to look down at her. She sat there, weak and out of energy as she dropped the gun, letting it hit the floor. Looking at Top she shook her head in disbelief.

“Why? Why the hell did you kill him? Haven’t you seen me suffer enough? Can’t you at least let me have some type of family? Just once…..can’t you see me happy?”

Top could feel his own tears well up in his eyes as he listened to her voice cracking, pleading to him. He wanted to tell her that it wasn’t him. Tell her that it was the guy behind her but, he wouldn’t be any good dead. He knew all of them had guns. Knew that the next bullet wouldn’t be a dud.

The blast of sirens brought everyone back out of their daze and Ryu stared up at Top.

“You didn’t….”

“Of course he did! doesn’t know any better.” 5zic yelled as he joined Ryu’s side on the floor, staring up at Top.

“You called the ing cops? You idiot! How stupid can you be? You don’t call the cops to a neighborhood like this!” Taeyang jumped to his feet, ready to pull his gun on him only to have CL pull him back.

“We dont have time for this Taeyang! We need to get GD to a hospital. The cops don’t know us. If we ride him to a hospital it won’t be as suspicious as when the cops pull up here and see us all surrounding a bloody boy. Understood?” Taeyang hesitated but nodded. Crouching down beside Ryu, him and Daesung carefully picked him up by his feet and his shoulders. Ryu stared at Top with bloodshot red eyes before taking off after the rest of the boys and CL. Jumping back into the car they laid GD across their laps on the back seat and sped off.

Top watched the car swerve around the corner and listened as the tires screeched. Looking down at the pool of blood he could see him laying there. He could see the scene replay in his head over and over again. Starting with GD getting shot and ending with Ryu taking off in the car with the murderer. Hearing the sirens blast, now closer to him, he decided that CL had a point. Even though he was innocent, if he was found in a neighborhood like that covered in blood in a dark alleyway with a puddle of it in front of him and no body, he would look more than suspicious. He couldn’t afford to go to jail and he knew the cops would never believe his story. Hell, he wouldn’t even believe it himself if he hadn’t seen it with his own eyes.

Counting his losses he took off in the opposite direction of the sirens and pulled out his phone. Dialing a number all too familiar to him now he listened to the phone ring. A voice answered and he had never been this happy before.

“Hello?”

“Hey, I need to come over and stay the night at your place. Is that alright?”

“Top? Do you have any clue what time it is? Go home”

Top sighed as he looked at himself. He couldn’t go home covered in blood and give his poor grandmother a heart attack. Tonight, he couldn’t go home.

“Listen Seungri, I did something...I was at the wrong place at the wrong time and...I need a place to stay for the night. I can’t go home. Please V.I”

He could hear a small sigh on the other side of line

“Alright. Come on. You owe me one though”

Top smiled and nodded.

“Thanks. I think after tonight I’ll owe you more than one though”