Karma

Chasing Hurricanes

Top looked down at the smaller guy beside him one last time, finding a bit of fear mixed with furiosity in his eyes, before turning his own attention back to the door.

His heart started to race as he stood there, hearing faint laughter and mumbles of people inside. His hunch was right. Here they were just on the other side of this door. The only thing that separated them now. His mind started to think everything over again and he realized that this door was the only thing keeping him alive right now. As soon as he stepped through it, there would be no turning back anymore. He’d either have to kill or be killed. Was he really ready for this? To die for a simple girl that hated his pure existence? To die for her crew that had threatened his life so many times before?

A smirk crossed his face and he shook his head lightly. She wasn’t just a simple girl to him she was family, and her crew wasn’t just a crew anymore. In some odd twisted way, he considered them his friends. Friends that would kill him on sight but friends that he trusted with Ryu’s life. Would he be willing to give his own life for a pack of cold blooded gangsters so easily?

His expression became cold as he gripped the twin pistols tightly to him and whispered under his breath.

“Hell yeah”

Without wasting another second Top stood up right, motioning Seungri to move back a few steps. The younger did as he was instructed and Top slowly picked up his foot kicking in the door with all of the anger that had built up inside of him leaving it to fall back with a loud thud, ripping it off of it’s hinges in the process.

There in the house sat four boys, eyes wider than a deer caught in headlights as they laid eyes upon Top and Seungri. The boys sat there motionless as they noticed their guns. Seungri cocked his head to the side and pointed the large gun at the closest guy, which just so happened to be Sims. Sims stared up at Seungri his expression filled with hatred for the older boy.

“Anyone else wanna try and move?” Seungri smirked down at Sims, watching him closely. 5zic slowly stood to his feet, his hands kept to his sides and Top quickly turned his guns on the leader. 5zic threw his hands up, keeping his attention on the older boy.

“Look, why don’t we sit down for a minute and talk this over. I’m sure there’s a hell load of that is completely misunderstood and-”

“You shot GD. What the hell could be misunderstood about that?” Top sharply cut him off, silencing him for a moment and making him rethink a few things. 5zic smiled and slowly nodded at Top.

“Yeah, not gonna lie. We did shoot him. What I don’t get though is how any of this your problem? GD and the rest of the crew are just about ready to kill you anyways and yet you’re here about to die for them. A pack of dogs that consider you a rat. An enemy. Someone that needs to die.” Top stared at 5zic and smirked.

“And I’m perfectly fine with them killing me off after this. See, what you don’t get is that I honestly don’t give a anymore if I die by her hands or not. I left her here to fend for herself without saying a word….” He smiled as her voice crossed his mind, calling him.

Tabi!!!

“I deserve whatever she’s gonna give me later” Top’s smile changed from a reminiscent one to pure evil in a matter of seconds, frightening 5zic for a few seconds.

“What you also don’t get though is that she’s the only one that’ll get to kill me. Until that happens I refuse to die. Whether it’s against her crew or some like you. I won’t die.” The boys froze in their spot, each of them trying their best to figure out a plan to get to their guns, any guns at this point. They were in trouble and they knew it. Sims looked up at Seungri and was met with a set of eyes colder than a snowstorm.

“Yo, let me ask you something. You’ve got absolutely nothing to do with this. You got nothing to do with Ryu or any of the that’s been going down. Why the hell are you going along with dumb like this? You must have a death wish….”

Seungri looked down at Sims with a blank expression cocking his gun and holding it against his head, making the barrel touch his forehead. Sims’ eyes widened in fear.

“You talk way too ing much do you know that? I guess I could answer you though since you’re 5 seconds away from dying anyways. The reason is simple. Some people, some friends you would protect with your life. You don’t question their reasoning you just go along with it because they’re your best friend. You always have their back no matter what and if they’re going into war, you don’t let them go by themselves. Simple as that. Top’s my best friend so I don’t question him. I just make sure to be there when he needs me because I know he will be when I need him. get it?”

Sims looked from Seungri to Top and then around the room at his crew. He smiled a little as his eyes stopped on Kangnam.

“Yeah, I get it.” He mumbled under his breath before turning back to Seungri who stood there grinning, keeping his gun firmly to the youngers head.

“Good. Too bad you figured this out too late. Have a nice afterlife.” Seungri mumbled and everyone’s eyes widened as a loud bang rang through the building, echoing all throughout the four walls.

“SIMS!! YOU ING BASTARD!!” 5zic yelled half way ready to run to his friend’s side until a click of a gun stopped him in his tracks.

“You cold blooded bastards! You ing killed him! You’ll pay for that ! I promise!” 5zic stared at Top and for a minute he could have sworn he saw tears in the leaders eyes under that tough guy facade. Seungri shook his head at Sims who now laid on the floor, blood pouring out of the hole in his head like a river. Bending down he closed the youngers eyes and looked at him.

“I actually feel a little bad for killing you. You figured this out a little too late and ended up ing with the wrong people. Maybe, you can be happy now. Don’t up again.” He mumbled as he stared at the lifeless body.

Another loud bang went off and everyone’s attention turned toward the back of the room. There stood Cream and Kangnam a gun each.

“Damn...I knew there was something else I was supposed to do.” Seungri mumbled as he slowly stood to his feet. The boys pointed their guns at Top and Seungri while the pair returned the favor, keeping their guns pointed at the gang.

A few tears flowed down Kangnam’s cheeks, his aim unsteady and dangerous to anyone in the building if he were to start shooting now.

“You little ing shot my friend! You killed him you bastards! You have to die, both of you!” He screamed at the top of his lungs. Seungri stood to his feet and slowly backed away, joining Top’s side once more.

“Now do you see how we felt when you shot Jiyong? !” Seungri yelled back upsetting the older boy even more.

Kangnam’s vision blurred from the tears and soon everything looked just about the same to him. He couldn’t handle it. Seungri had just killed and shot his friend for something that wasn’t even his fault. Sims didn’t deserve to die in his eyes and the more he thought about the fact that he’d never be able to speak to him again, the angrier he became until madness completely consumed him and he burst out in an enormous yell. Throwing his hands up to his head the boy snapped and pointed his gun into their direction.

“You ! He didn’t deserve to die!”

Bullets soon filled the air like the smoke from the blunt they smoked on earlier had. Everyone scattered around the small house like mice looking for cover. Kangnam’s aim was off and he shot at anything and anyone that was in his way. Cream and 5zic sought the opportunity and ran back to Kangnam’s side ducking their heads and hiding behind the counter. 5zic grabbed Sims’ motionless body on his way there, dragging it with him while Cream found a few guns and ammo hidden behind the island.

“ing bastards killed him.” 5zic mumbled as he looked down at Sims, Kangnam still standing behind the kitchen counter and shooting into Top’s direction.

“Why don’t we return the favor then?” Cream questioned with a smirk as he loaded the guns with ammo. Handing 5zic one, Cream laid down on the floor and peeked from behind their hiding spot, aiming and joining Kangnam in his shooting spree. 5zic smiled sadly as he stared at Sims.

“I’m sorry Sims. We’ll make sure to give em hell for ya”

Top and Seungri sat behind the couch they had flipped on it’s back as they took cover from Kangnam, covering their heads from the stray bullets.

“! How much damn ammo do they have back there?” Seungri questioned the older boy.

“We’re at Ryu’s house. Take a damn guess.” Top growled through his teeth. He was frustrated, furious. He couldn’t die, not yet at least.

“Look, I know you don’t want to die. I know you’ve actually still got something to live for so...trust me on this one” Seungri mumbled over the constant bang of the bullets hitting everything and nothing all at once. Top wanted to question him but before he had a chance Seungri had stood up from behind the couch, completely exposing his body from the waist up. He stood there taking aim at his target and took a shot just seconds before falling back down to the ground.

Two bodies fell but only one opened it’s eyes again.

5zic looked over to his side and his eyes widened in terror as he saw Kangnam’s body, laying motionless right next to Sims. Blood seeped through the gun wound and Kangnam coughed up blood. 5zic scrambled to his friends side as fast as he could, laying the older’s head on his lap.

“Kangnam….KANGNAM! ! Don’t you dare die on me, understood?!” Kangnam smiled up at 5zic, coughing up more and more blood as he started to speak.

“I-I don’t think I get to chose. He got me good that ing bastard” Cream turned his attention to the boy for a split second before turning back to what had now become a battlefield. He had to make sure Top and Seungri didn’t try anything stupid.

Kangnam lifted his hand placing it on his chest. Feeling the blood seep through the bullet wound he smiled weakly.

“Don’t let them live.” The boy’s hand slowly fell from his chest, to weak to keep it there anymore.

“I guess….at least now….I’ll get to see Sims again. I’ll tell him hey from you two.” As soon as he finished those words his head fell to the side and his chest stopped moving. His body became just as motionless as Sims.

Seungri stared up at Top as he started laughing.

“Damn! Getting shot ing hurts like hell! I changed my mind! I don’t want to die! That hurts!” Seungri exclaimed when Top crawled over to the boy. Inspecting the younger a little closer he found the boy had been shot in his shoulder, the bullet going straight through.

“You ing idiot! What the hell was that?! Don’t pull stupid like that!” Top yelled as he took off Seungri’s shirt, leaving him in his undershirt. Ripping the shirt apart Top tied it tightly around his shoulder, making him shriek out in pain.

“! What the hell Top!”

“Shut the hell up. It has to be tight to stop the bleeding you dumb .” Seungri chuckled up at Top.

“Ya know, I don’t think I can shoot like this now….sorry, I kinda ed up. Guess I’m not that much of a help after all.” Top looked down at the younger boy, fury in his eyes.

“You’re so ing stupid you know that?” Sitting the boy up to lean his back against the wall, Top looked at him. Grabbing the gun he handed it back to Seungri.

“Look, you just worry about sitting here and aiming. As long as you’ve got my back I’ll be good”

“But, I just told you I can’t shoot like-”

Top cut him off sharply, silencing him.

“As long as you’ve got my back I’ll be good.”

Seungri smiled at him and nodded finally understanding. Top knew full and well that Seungri wouldn’t be able to shoot like that but right now, to him, it was the thought that counted. He needed to know that Seungri would have his back no matter what.

“No problem. I’ve got your back. From now until the death of us, I’ll always have your back” Top smirked and nodded as he sat on his knees, gripping his pistols tight and waiting for a gap between the never ending thunder of bullets coming their way.

“Two down, two to go. You don’t with Ryu, you don’t with Seungri and you especially don’t with family. Karma is a and just this once, I’m working for her giving you back exactly what you ing dealt out only ten times worse. Tonights’ the night rats die”