Kris 7

7 Things I Hate About You

 


"Hello? Kris?" 

"Hey dad. What is it?" 

"hey dad your face Kris! I called Tao yesterday!" 

"Oh~and? What did he say?" 

"Nothing! I was expecting a crying Tao Kris. It's been two months now. What are doing son?" 

"Dad. I can't tell him okay! Not now. I was looking for the right time and moment. I can't afford to make him angry at me, or you, or mom." 

"He'll get angry more if you don't say it now Kris." 

"Dad. Please. Just let me be for a while okay. I'll say it, I'm just planning everything, to make it perfect." Kris' dad sigh. It's not like he can do anything. He's too far away and it's not like he can tell it to Tao himself. 

"Kris.. ." he sighed again. ".. .Just.. .no.. ..good luck son." with that one last word Kris' dad cut the call. 

He received a text message from his mom after his dad called. 

"Kris I just want to let you know that we support you okay. Me and your dad. No matter what is your decision, both you and Tao. We'll respect you. You both suffered enough and we don't want to get in your way anymore. If the whole world is judging you, I just want to remind you that we won't be judging you like them. I love you Son, please tell Tao that I love him too. Good luck YiFan." 

Kris is so glad that he had such an angel mother and a dork angel father. Kris wanted to say thank you to them. He took a mental note to thank them once he settled everything. He's really blessed. 

Kris had been thinking too. He wanted to tell Tao for a while now. But everytime he was about to say it, something or someone will interrupt. It was his true feelings when he said he can't live his life knowing Tao is angry at him. 

When he and his dad moved to Canada, and they said it to Tao, the younger cried for whole two days and didn't talk to Kris for a week. Until the day he has to leave. Tao cried again and keeps on begging Kris not to leave. It broke Kris heart for real. He promised to Tao that he's going to write and call but Tao's mind is closed to any of what he's saying. 

When Kris arrived to Canada the first thing he did was call Tao. But the younger didn't answer any of his calls. He writes too, like weekly, he was telling Tao whatever is happening to him. That lasted for a whole 3 years but he never gets a reply. 

It really broke Kris heart so he promised to himself that after he graduated from the university he's going back to China and live with Tao again. But one day Tao suddenly called him, asking if he can live with him in Korea. Kris' heart fluttered from too much happiness that time. So now that they are closer than ever, his heart really can't take it anymore if Tao get angry.

His thoughts got interrupted when Tao back hugged him. The younger is giggling from his reaction. Kris hurts Tao a few weeks ago when he said, "Tao is the best brother he could ever have". He's aware of Tao's feeling for him and he was happy about it. He had no intention of asking the younger to stop. 

"Gege~ let's go shopping today?" 

"Tao, it's too cold. Can't we stay here today? I can make some hot chocolate and we still have some cake on the fridge. We can watch movie and cuddle while we're on it." Kris suggested or more like tempted Tao. 

"We can cuddle?" Tao blushed. 

"Of course we can. We always do that Tao." Kris chuckled. "So? What do you think?" 

"Okay. Can I choose the movie?" 

"Go ahead. I'll go make the hot choco." he said. Tao nods so he took off. Before he can exit the living room he turned to Tao again. "Tao. Let's watch it in my room." then he walked as fast as he can. He can't look at Tao's reaction since he's blushing too. 

After making the snacks, Kris checked the living room to see if Tao is still there. When he didn't see the younger he went to his room. He knows that Tao is avoiding his room. He knows that for Tao it was kind of off-limits. It's like if he entered in there then he would be sinning. Tao is there, sitting properly while squirming on his bed. He looks cute on Kris' vision. Kris was wondering how Tao managed to look so cute with just sitting there nervously.

"Ge. ..ge~ I. ..movie.. .Kung fu panda 2." he said slightly choking on his own saliva. (LOL) 

"Tao." Kris laughed. "Stop squirming. Why are you so nervous?" he asked. 

"Bu. ..but! It's my first time watching movie in your room." Kris laughed again. He hope there's no interruptions today because he wanted to tell Tao. His dad was right the longer he keeps it, the harder it will hit Tao. 

"don't get nervous Tao. You're making me nervous too." he said as he put down the tray on his hands on the table beside his bed. 

Kris did all the job of putting the DVD on the player. Fixing the couch where he and Tao are going to cuddle. He doesn't like the bed, he can tell Tao doesn't like it there too so the couch is perfect. 

"It's starting." Tao said excitedly as he grab Kris' blanket and wrapped himself on it. 

They cuddled, sometimes sipping from their hot chocolate. The warmth of the drink plus the warmth of their bodies inside the blanket. Perfect, just perfect. 

"Tao? I want to tell you something. But will you promise me that you won't get angry at me? Or at least let me explain if you do get angry?" Kris said seriously. 

Tao looked at him with full attention. It was rare that Kris sounded so serious so he was really curious. Kris can tell that Tao is so nervous. Maybe the younger was imagining some weird things, Kris just hopes that Tao will understand. 

"Wh.. .what is it gege~?" Tao asked nervously. He's squirming inside the blanket, Kris can tell. 

"Okay. So uhm... .First. I want to say sorry for hurting you at the ice skating rink?" 

"What are you talking about Kris ge?" 

"When I said your the best brother someone could ever have. I know you got hurt by my words." Now. Tao is super duper nervous. He can't even look on Kris' eyes anymore. "I know about your feelings Tao." 

"Wha...wh. ..how?" 

When Kris just stared at Tao who's trembling uncontrollably Tao tried to get out of the blanket and run. Anyone would try to do that if they are in Tao's situation. How can you love someone who is your brother and worst is they are both guys. Complicated, it's just too complicated and Tao is hurting from inside out from the thought. 

Kris stopped Tao from leaving. He pulled the younger and back hugged him so he won't be able to go. The KungFu Panda 2 is long forgotten. Both of their hearts are pounding so heart. Tao can feel Kris' heart on his back and Kris can feel Tao's heart on his chest. 

"It's okay Tao. I feel the same." Kris confessed. 

For a second. Tao can feel his heart stop from beating. The feeling is overwhelming, he's speechless. None of them talked after that. Kris just rested his forehead on Tao's shoulders and stayed there until the younger talk again. 

"How can that be gege?" Tao asked already crying. 

"Tao. Please don't cry." Kris hugged him tighter. "I love you okay? I know it's hard to believe but I really do." 

"Bu. .but.. .we can't!" Tao cried louder. "I promised to myself that I will keep my feelings to myself until I die! How dare you confess now! We're brothers! It's a sin!" 

"Tao." he called his name. "ZiTao.. ." he said again. ".. .I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. But I really love you." Kris kissed Tao's neck that made the younger shiver from the warm contact of Kris' lips and his cold skin. 

"I don't know gege." he answered still crying. 

"Tao. There's more. Promise me you'll listen to me carefully & you won't get angry at me." 

"What now?" he asked like a kid. 

"We're not brothers." Tao is speechless again. He cried more louder. 

"STOP LYING GEGE~!!" he smacked Kris' head that's resting on this shoulders. 

"It's true Tao. I'm telling the truth. You do know that Mom & Dad got remarried right? I am Dad's son from his first wife. You are Mom's son from his first husband." he explained. 

"What are you talking about gege~!!" there's a slight hint of anger on Tao's voice. 

"We are not blood related Tao." 

With that one last sentence, Tao managed to get out of Kris' hug and ran away. Kris called him again and again but Tao didn't look back. He needs time to process everything he just heard. 

Kris doesn't have any intention to follow Tao because he knows that the younger needs time. Well, that is until he heard the front door opened and slammed shut. Kris rose up from the couch as soon as possible. 

When he came out he still managed to see Tao's figure running. He can tell that the younger only had thin clothes. It's so cold outside and there's still snow. Kris was so damn angry at himself and so damn worried for Tao. He immediately grabbed some thick coat on his room and ran to follow Tao. 

He called Tao's phone again and again. He knows that Tao won't leave it at home. The younger didn't answer any of his calls, he texted him too but no reply. Even if it's so damn cold, Kris doesn't care. He ran to anywhere and everywhere Tao might be. 

When he really can't find Tao, he called Sehun, Chanyeol, Kai even Baekhyun and Lay to see if Tao somehow went to any of them. But none, since the others are worried too, they helped Kris. The cold is long forgotten, they searched and searched and searched for Tao in a cold weather. 

"Did you find him?" he asked Kris. 

"No. Let's continue searching. I'll try to call him again." he said. 

Chanyeol, Sehun, Lay, Kai and Baekhyun nods then separated again to find Tao. Kris stayed on his spot and dialed Tao's number. His phone must keeps on ringing and ringing. He started walking again, hoping he would somehow see Tao. 

On his 15th dial on his phone, Kris stopped walking. Nervous as hell, almost speechless. He can't find the right words. He was so glad and he was thanking God in heaven. 

"Where are you?" he asked Tao on the other line, calmly.

"Gege~!" Kris can tell that Tao is still crying. 

"Where are you Tao? Please tell me. I'm begging you. Please." Kris is ready to cry too. His words are not stable, his body is trembling from worrying too much. It was hurting him that Tao is there near him but he can't see him or hug him to comfort him on that cold day. 

"park." Tao said in an almost whisper voice. 

"Please stay there Tao. If you go somewhere else I'll call Mom & Dad. I'll call the police. I already called our friends and they are searching for you. If I don't see you there I'll kill myself. So stay there!!" Kris threatened him. 

Tao hummed a worried yes. If Kris says it he would do it. Tao can tell that there's truth on Kris words so he didn't dare move on his spot. He waited patiently on Kris even if he's freezing. Kris ran. He decided to call the others later. He just want to see Tao at the moment. He wants to hug him and take him home and make him warm. Maybe kiss him to death or make love to him. Anything that would prove how much he loves the younger. 

"TAO!!" he shouted when he saw Tao sitting under the slide shivering like a little cat who got abandoned in the rain. 

Kris ran to Tao. He immediately wrap Tao's body on the coat he's been dragging with him. He hugged the younger so damn tight until he can feel that Tao can't breathe anymore. 

"Ge~.. ."

"Why did you go out!? Do you know how worried I was!? You should've destroy the whole house! Break some plates! Throw away the tv! Shatter all the vase! You can do anything to make you feel better inside the house! So why did you go out!? Damn it! What if something bad happens to you!?" he scolded him.

Tao cried again. He's sobbing so hard, his whole body is stiff straight from Kris' hold. Damn. Now Kris felt more guilty. How can he get angry at Tao when Tao should be the one shouting at him like that. 

"I'm sorry Tao." he wiped his tears but it just keeps flowing on Tao's red cheeks. "Let's just go home first okay?" 

Tao nods still sobbing hard. Kris' face is unexplainable. He looks hurt, worried, kind, and a whole lot more of different emotions all at the same time. Kris called the others while they are on the cab. He told them he found Tao and they are on their way home. The others wants to go there too, to check Tao but Kris said he's going to talk to him first. He said thank you to them and promised that he will thank them personally later.

Even if they are on the cab. Kris hands never once leaves Tao's shoulders. Tao is still crying but it's different from before. There's just quiet sobs now. God. Tao didn't know how that affects Kris. It hurts more than the loud sobs he was making earlier. 

When they arrived. Tao wanted to go on his room and lock himself in there forever, but Kris stopped him again. Kris cupped Tao's face and kissed his forehead.

"Let's talk." 

Kris said kindly. Tao cannot do anything but nod. Kris looks like he was about to cry too. Kris led the younger to his room where the big revelations happened. 

"Gege~ do you know how many years I've been hurting about all this?" he asked Kris. 

"I know." he said guiltily.

"Since when did you know that we are not blood related?" he asked the older again. 

"Not that long Tao. A think a year? I heard Mom and Dad talk about it over the phone." he answered. They are sitting beside each other. Both looking at their hands, they can't look at each others eyes out of guiltiness. "I promised to myself to keep my feeling for you to myself forever too Tao. That is until I found out we're not brothers."

". ..you already knew but you didn't tell me even if you know how I feel?"

"I'm scared okay. It was hard for me too Tao. I don't know what I'll do if you hate me. I'm so damn scared to tell you. I planned to go back to China and live with you once I graduated but you came here. Do you know how many times I battled with myself to tell you? There are even times that I can't fall asleep because the person I love is sleeping next to my room when we should have been sleeping on one bed. Hugging & whispering sweet nothings, but I can't do it. You are so near to me but still feels so far."

They kept quiet again. Kris was right, it might look easy on his side but that's not how it works at all. Just like Tao he had a hard time too. He just hopes that Tao would somehow understand him. 

Before Kris could mutter another sorry to Tao. He felt the younger hug him. For the 2nd time that day, he was thanking God in heaven for everything. Tao's hug is the best in the whole wide world. 

"Gege~ I love you so much." Tao confessed. Kris can feel tears on his shoulders.

"I love you so much too Tao. I am so sorry for everything."

"Gege~ now that I think about it. We should be happy about it right?" Tao suddenly said.

They are still hugging and none of them is ready to let go yet. They love each other so much that just a simple hug feels like heaven. 

"You're not angry at me anymore?" Kris asked with a hopeful tone. Tao shook his head. "You don't hate me?" Tao shook his head again. "Do you love me?" Tao looks at Kris and nods shyly. Kris slightly smiled at the gesture. 

"I do." Tao said. 

"Can I kiss you?" Kris asked nervously. Hesitating, maybe he's moving too fast, but he can't take back what he already said. So, all. He wants to kiss Tao and that's all. 

Tao looked surprised but nods shyly by the way. How can he say no? He's been dreaming about that his whole life. It didn't took that much time before Kris was kissing Tao. Just an innocent kiss, it's full of longing and love. A kind of kiss that doesn't have lust, just pure love. 

"Oh God!" Kris said when they separated. "You don't know how long I've been wanting to do that." Tao is blushing from head to toe. He looks cuter than he ever was. "Tao. ..can you kiss me?" 

Tao didn't hesitate this time. He took the initiative and shorten the distance between them. He kissed Kris lips awkwardly, Kris managed to let out a chuckle. It's just too cute. Tao is just too cute for him to handle.

"I hate you gege~" Tao said. "I love you too Tao." he said then hugged the younger so tight again. 

 

 

"I hate you Tao!! No matter how much I say that, you do know that's the opposite right? I love you ZiTao. I love you so much."

 

 

 


a/n: So, that's it ^^ . ..I completed it since I'll be busy for a while :) I don't want the good people who subscribe to this story to wait XD ~<3 specially the ones who commented, Ayumu2NE1airwalk and duckseason  :) Thank You for supporting me :) ILY all ~<3

please DON'T STOP SUPPORTING EXO (OT11) AND KRIS (WU YIFAN) ~<3 We have to wait and believe that one day we will see them with Kris again. not as an EXO member but as a friend to OT11 and a lovely husband for Tao XD LOL.. .well, bye. XD